Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

Help : Start the HTTPD server

4 posts in JDBC Connect (product renamed to JConnect) Last posting was on 1997-04-29 22:09:41.0Z
Dan Halvorsen Posted on 1997-04-08 07:54:51.0Z
From: "Dan Halvorsen" <vanessa@hsr.no>
Subject: Help : Start the HTTPD server
Organization: info
Message-ID: <01bc43fa$92efb800$e6335e98@DAFFY.stud.his.no>
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Internet News 4.70.1155
Newsgroups: sybase.public.jdbcconnect
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 1997 03:54:51 -0400
Lines: 37
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.powersoft.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.jdbcconnect:1048
Article PK: 252801

Hey!
I am having BIG trouble to start the HTTPserver on my Win95-system. The
command httpd gives this result:

C:\jConnect>httpd
C:\jConnect>set CLASSPATH= c:\jconnect\classes; c:\jdk1.1\lib\classes.zip
C:\jConnect> c:\jdk1.1\bin\java uk.org.cascade.sybase.http.HTTPServer
www.dos
Can't find class uk/org/cascade/sybase/http/HTTPServer

What am I doing wrong? Some systeminformation:

The information in my autoexec.bat:
set jDBC_HOME= c:\jconnect
Set JAVA_HOME= c:\jdk1.1
SET CLASSPATH=%JDBC_HOME%\classes;%JAVA_HOME%\lib\classes.zip;

The information in my httpd.bat:
set CLASSPATH=%JDBC_HOME%\classes;%JAVA_HOME%\lib\classes.zip
%JAVA_HOME%\bin\java uk.org.cascade.sybase.http.HTTPServer www.dos

The information in www.dos:
# Set port
Port 8000
# Set Server root
ServerRoot 'C:/jConnect'
# Set Document Root
DocumentRoot 'C:/jConnect'
# Set Default Document
DefaultDocument index.html
# Set up some mime types
Include mime.types
# Logs
Log uk.org.cascade.sybase.http.AccessLog 'C:/jConnect/access' /*
Log uk.org.cascade.sybase.http.RefererLog 'C:/jConnect/referers' /*
# And now set up the mappings
Exec /cgi-bin/* ROOT/cgi-bin/*
ClassExec /class-bin/* *

Can someone help me? Thank in advance!
:-)
Vanessa (vanessa@hsr.no)
_______________________________________
Vanessa Espeland
http://www.stud.his.no/~vanessa
vanessa@hsr.no
Computer Engineer Student
________________________________________


stephen goswell Posted on 1997-04-24 23:28:02.0Z
Message-ID: <335FEC82.3594@bglobal.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 1997 16:28:02 -0700
From: stephen goswell <steve.goswell@bglobal.com>
X-Mailer: Mozilla 3.01 (WinNT; I)
MIME-Version: 1.0
Subject: Re: Help : Start the HTTPD server
References: <01bc43fa$92efb800$e6335e98@DAFFY.stud.his.no>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Newsgroups: sybase.public.jdbcconnect
Lines: 44
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.powersoft.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.jdbcconnect:932
Article PK: 252684


Dan Halvorsen wrote:
>
> Hey!
> I am having BIG trouble to start the HTTPserver on my Win95-system. The
> command httpd gives this result:
>
> C:\jConnect>httpd
> C:\jConnect>set CLASSPATH= c:\jconnect\classes; c:\jdk1.1\lib\classes.zip
> C:\jConnect> c:\jdk1.1\bin\java uk.org.cascade.sybase.http.HTTPServer
> www.dos
> Can't find class uk/org/cascade/sybase/http/HTTPServer
>
> What am I doing wrong? Some systeminformation:
>
> The information in my autoexec.bat:
> set jDBC_HOME= c:\jconnect
> Set JAVA_HOME= c:\jdk1.1
> SET CLASSPATH=%JDBC_HOME%\classes;%JAVA_HOME%\lib\classes.zip;
>
> The information in my httpd.bat:
> set CLASSPATH=%JDBC_HOME%\classes;%JAVA_HOME%\lib\classes.zip
> %JAVA_HOME%\bin\java uk.org.cascade.sybase.http.HTTPServer www.dos
>
> The information in www.dos:
> # Set port
> Port 8000
> # Set Server root
> ServerRoot 'C:/jConnect'
> # Set Document Root
> DocumentRoot 'C:/jConnect'
> # Set Default Document
> DefaultDocument index.html
> # Set up some mime types
> Include mime.types
> # Logs
> Log uk.org.cascade.sybase.http.AccessLog 'C:/jConnect/access' /*
> Log uk.org.cascade.sybase.http.RefererLog 'C:/jConnect/referers' /*
> # And now set up the mappings
> Exec /cgi-bin/* ROOT/cgi-bin/*
> ClassExec /class-bin/* *
>
> Can someone help me? Thank in advance!
> :-)
> Vanessa (vanessa@hsr.no)
> _______________________________________
> Vanessa Espeland
> http://www.stud.his.no/~vanessa
> vanessa@hsr.no
> Computer Engineer Student
> ________________________________________

you're not alone.....
I get the same thing, under nt351, and it's driving me insane!

somebody out there must have resolved this....


ernie wright Posted on 1997-04-25 12:58:58.0Z
Message-ID: <3360AA92.644F4CDD@ibm.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 1997 07:58:58 -0500
From: ernie wright <javaguy@ibm.net>
X-Mailer: Mozilla 4.0b3 [en] (Win95; I)
MIME-Version: 1.0
Subject: Re: Help : Start the HTTPD server
X-Priority: 3 (Normal)
References: <01bc43fa$92efb800$e6335e98@DAFFY.stud.his.no> <335FEC82.3594@bglobal.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Newsgroups: sybase.public.jdbcconnect
Lines: 54
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.powersoft.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.jdbcconnect:930
Article PK: 252681


stephen goswell wrote:
>
> Dan Halvorsen wrote:
> >
> > Hey!
> > I am having BIG trouble to start the HTTPserver on my Win95-system. The
> > command httpd gives this result:
> >
> > C:\jConnect>httpd
> > C:\jConnect>set CLASSPATH= c:\jconnect\classes; c:\jdk1.1\lib\classes.zip
> > C:\jConnect> c:\jdk1.1\bin\java uk.org.cascade.sybase.http.HTTPServer
> > www.dos
> > Can't find class uk/org/cascade/sybase/http/HTTPServer
> >
> > What am I doing wrong? Some systeminformation:
> >
> > The information in my autoexec.bat:
> > set jDBC_HOME= c:\jconnect
> > Set JAVA_HOME= c:\jdk1.1
> > SET CLASSPATH=%JDBC_HOME%\classes;%JAVA_HOME%\lib\classes.zip;
> >
> > The information in my httpd.bat:
> > set CLASSPATH=%JDBC_HOME%\classes;%JAVA_HOME%\lib\classes.zip
> > %JAVA_HOME%\bin\java uk.org.cascade.sybase.http.HTTPServer www.dos
> >
> > The information in www.dos:
> > # Set port
> > Port 8000
> > # Set Server root
> > ServerRoot 'C:/jConnect'
> > # Set Document Root
> > DocumentRoot 'C:/jConnect'
> > # Set Default Document
> > DefaultDocument index.html
> > # Set up some mime types
> > Include mime.types
> > # Logs
> > Log uk.org.cascade.sybase.http.AccessLog 'C:/jConnect/access' /*
> > Log uk.org.cascade.sybase.http.RefererLog 'C:/jConnect/referers' /*
> > # And now set up the mappings
> > Exec /cgi-bin/* ROOT/cgi-bin/*
> > ClassExec /class-bin/* *
> >
> > Can someone help me? Thank in advance!
> > :-)
> > Vanessa (vanessa@hsr.no)
> > _______________________________________
> > Vanessa Espeland
> > http://www.stud.his.no/~vanessa
> > vanessa@hsr.no
> > Computer Engineer Student
> > ________________________________________
> you're not alone.....
> I get the same thing, under nt351, and it's driving me insane!
>
> somebody out there must have resolved this....

the uk...... stuff IS httpd, so it appears that either JDBC_HOME, or
JAVA_HOME is incorrect, or you are not running hypd from the comand
line from the jConnect installation directory.

You can play with your environmental variables there until you get them
right.....it does work.


stephen goswell Posted on 1997-04-29 22:09:41.0Z
Message-ID: <336671A5.34CF@bglobal.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 1997 15:09:41 -0700
From: stephen goswell <steve.goswell@bglobal.com>
X-Mailer: Mozilla 3.01 (WinNT; I)
MIME-Version: 1.0
Subject: Re: Help : Start the HTTPD server
References: <01bc43fa$92efb800$e6335e98@DAFFY.stud.his.no> <335FEC82.3594@bglobal.com> <3360AA92.644F4CDD@ibm.net>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Newsgroups: sybase.public.jdbcconnect
Lines: 61
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.powersoft.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.jdbcconnect:900
Article PK: 252652


ernie wright wrote:
>
> stephen goswell wrote:
> >
> > Dan Halvorsen wrote:
> > >
> > > Hey!
> > > I am having BIG trouble to start the HTTPserver on my Win95-system. The
> > > command httpd gives this result:
> > >
> > > C:\jConnect>httpd
> > > C:\jConnect>set CLASSPATH= c:\jconnect\classes; c:\jdk1.1\lib\classes.zip
> > > C:\jConnect> c:\jdk1.1\bin\java uk.org.cascade.sybase.http.HTTPServer
> > > www.dos
> > > Can't find class uk/org/cascade/sybase/http/HTTPServer
> > >
> > > What am I doing wrong? Some systeminformation:
> > >
> > > The information in my autoexec.bat:
> > > set jDBC_HOME= c:\jconnect
> > > Set JAVA_HOME= c:\jdk1.1
> > > SET CLASSPATH=%JDBC_HOME%\classes;%JAVA_HOME%\lib\classes.zip;
> > >
> > > The information in my httpd.bat:
> > > set CLASSPATH=%JDBC_HOME%\classes;%JAVA_HOME%\lib\classes.zip
> > > %JAVA_HOME%\bin\java uk.org.cascade.sybase.http.HTTPServer www.dos
> > >
> > > The information in www.dos:
> > > # Set port
> > > Port 8000
> > > # Set Server root
> > > ServerRoot 'C:/jConnect'
> > > # Set Document Root
> > > DocumentRoot 'C:/jConnect'
> > > # Set Default Document
> > > DefaultDocument index.html
> > > # Set up some mime types
> > > Include mime.types
> > > # Logs
> > > Log uk.org.cascade.sybase.http.AccessLog 'C:/jConnect/access' /*
> > > Log uk.org.cascade.sybase.http.RefererLog 'C:/jConnect/referers' /*
> > > # And now set up the mappings
> > > Exec /cgi-bin/* ROOT/cgi-bin/*
> > > ClassExec /class-bin/* *
> > >
> > > Can someone help me? Thank in advance!
> > > :-)
> > > Vanessa (vanessa@hsr.no)
> > > _______________________________________
> > > Vanessa Espeland
> > > http://www.stud.his.no/~vanessa
> > > vanessa@hsr.no
> > > Computer Engineer Student
> > > ________________________________________
> > you're not alone.....
> > I get the same thing, under nt351, and it's driving me insane!
> >
> > somebody out there must have resolved this....
>
> the uk...... stuff IS httpd, so it appears that either JDBC_HOME, or
> JAVA_HOME is incorrect, or you are not running hypd from the comand
> line from the jConnect installation directory.
>
> You can play with your environmental variables there until you get them
> right.....it does work.

I fixed this by moving \jdk1.1 and \sybase\jconnect out of the
c:\Program Files
directory to a more conventional directory name. Now it works!!!