Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

connection pooling

5 posts in JConnect version 3.0 Last posting was on 2000-09-15 10:12:59.0Z
Davide Posted on 2000-07-28 16:14:45.0Z
From: "Davide" <dsanna_SPAMSLAM@tiscali.it>
Organization: 195.130.231.109
X-Newsreader: AspNNTP 1.41 (Advent 2000, Inc.)
Subject: connection pooling
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Message-ID: <23ZEy7K#$GA.203@forums.sybase.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.jconnect30
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 12:14:45 -0400
Lines: 19
NNTP-Posting-Host: 207.156.232.4
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.jconnect30:216
Article PK: 254567

Hi everyone,

does Sybase JDBC Drivers support connection pooling ?

Sun says they do at his link:
<http://industry.java.sun.com/products/jdbc/drivers/search-results/1,2722,,00.ht
ml?jdbc_version_var=&driver_type_var=&type_andor=&dbms_var=&dbms_andor=&curr_pag
e=11&results_per_page=10&sort_by=lower%28vendor%5Fname%29&datasource=&conn_pooli
ng=&dist_trans=&rowsets=>

I'm just asking to be sure...thanks!
Also, I don't know which version should I use and where can I download it...

bye and thanks in advance,

Davide Sanna (Sardinia, Italy)

P.S.
(please remove _SPAMSLAM if you want to use my email)
---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==---
http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp


Lance Andersen Posted on 2000-07-28 18:14:45.0Z
Message-ID: <3981CD95.60DE5635@sybase.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 14:14:45 -0400
From: Lance Andersen <lancea@sybase.com>
X-Mailer: Mozilla 4.73 [en] (X11; I; SunOS 5.7 sun4u)
X-Accept-Language: en
MIME-Version: 1.0
Subject: Re: connection pooling
References: <23ZEy7K#$GA.203@forums.sybase.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Newsgroups: sybase.public.jconnect30
Lines: 34
NNTP-Posting-Host: alder.sybase.com 157.133.125.15
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.jconnect30:215
Article PK: 256629

We support the optional API for Connection pooling. This is an api, you
provide the pooling code yourself.

Lance

Davide wrote:
>
> Hi everyone,
>
> does Sybase JDBC Drivers support connection pooling ?
>
> Sun says they do at his link:
> <http://industry.java.sun.com/products/jdbc/drivers/search-results/1,2722,,00.ht
> ml?jdbc_version_var=&driver_type_var=&type_andor=&dbms_var=&dbms_andor=&curr_pag
> e=11&results_per_page=10&sort_by=lower%28vendor%5Fname%29&datasource=&conn_pooli
> ng=&dist_trans=&rowsets=>
>
> I'm just asking to be sure...thanks!
> Also, I don't know which version should I use and where can I download it...
>
> bye and thanks in advance,
>
> Davide Sanna (Sardinia, Italy)
>
> P.S.
> (please remove _SPAMSLAM if you want to use my email)
> ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==---
> http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp

--
===============================================================================
Lance J. Andersen Email: lancea@sybase.com
Sybase Product Support Engineering Phone:(781) 564-6336
77 South Bedford Street Fax: (781) 564-7001
Burlington, MA 01803

The Dark Knight Returns!!! Let's Go Penguins!!!
===============================================================================


Davide Sanna - Tiscali S.p.A. Posted on 2000-07-31 08:17:11.0Z
Message-ID: <39853607.ED1421CB@tiscali.it>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 10:17:11 +0200
From: "Davide Sanna - Tiscali S.p.A." <dsanna@tiscali.it>
X-Mailer: Mozilla 4.72 [en] (X11; U; Linux 2.2.12-20 i686)
X-Accept-Language: en
MIME-Version: 1.0
Subject: Re: connection pooling
References: <23ZEy7K#$GA.203@forums.sybase.com> <3981CD95.60DE5635@sybase.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Newsgroups: sybase.public.jconnect30
Lines: 13
NNTP-Posting-Host: thorium.tiscali.it 195.130.231.109
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.jconnect30:214
Article PK: 255684


Lance Andersen wrote:
>
> We support the optional API for Connection pooling. This is an api, you
> provide the pooling code yourself.
>
> Lance
> Davide wrote:
> >

Thanks very much for your help...now I want to
download the drivers. Can you send me the link
where to connect and download ?

I will try to write my own code...from jGuru and
Sun I found very interesting material!

Best Regards,

--

Davide Sanna, reparto tecnico Tiscali S.p.A.
<dsanna@tiscali.it>


Lance Andersen Posted on 2000-07-31 11:50:25.0Z
Message-ID: <39856801.68D75634@sybase.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 07:50:25 -0400
From: Lance Andersen <lancea@sybase.com>
X-Mailer: Mozilla 4.73 [en] (X11; I; SunOS 5.7 sun4u)
X-Accept-Language: en
MIME-Version: 1.0
Subject: Re: connection pooling
References: <23ZEy7K#$GA.203@forums.sybase.com> <3981CD95.60DE5635@sybase.com> <39853607.ED1421CB@tiscali.it>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Newsgroups: sybase.public.jconnect30
Lines: 32
NNTP-Posting-Host: alder.sybase.com 157.133.125.15
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.jconnect30:213
Article PK: 256631

go to sybase.com and go to the products page.

select jConnect.

at the very bottom (and I mean bottom) left-hand corner of your screen,
you will see the download link. You will also have to download the
optional JDBC API from sun.com

"Davide Sanna - Tiscali S.p.A." wrote:
>
> Lance Andersen wrote:
> >
> > We support the optional API for Connection pooling. This is an api, you
> > provide the pooling code yourself.
> >
> > Lance
> > Davide wrote:
> > >
>
> Thanks very much for your help...now I want to
> download the drivers. Can you send me the link
> where to connect and download ?
>
> I will try to write my own code...from jGuru and
> Sun I found very interesting material!
>
> Best Regards,
>
> --
>
> Davide Sanna, reparto tecnico Tiscali S.p.A.
> <dsanna@tiscali.it>

--
===============================================================================
Lance J. Andersen Email: lancea@sybase.com
Sybase Product Support Engineering Phone:(781) 564-6336
77 South Bedford Street Fax: (781) 564-7001
Burlington, MA 01803

The Dark Knight Returns!!! Let's Go Penguins!!!
===============================================================================


manishj Posted on 2000-09-15 10:12:59.0Z
From: manishj@obvision.com
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 06:12:59 -0400
Newsgroups: sybase.public.jconnect30
Subject: Re: connection pooling
Message-ID: <0EA179E11A85036D00381EF48525695B.00424CDD8525692D@webforums>
References: <23ZEy7K#$GA.203@forums.sybase.com> <3981CD95.60DE5635@sybase.com> <39853607.ED1421CB@tiscali.it> <39856801.68D75634@sybase.com>
Lines: 7
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com!webforums.sybase.com!news
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.jconnect30:208
Article PK: 255686

What is implementation od DataSource Object(JDBC2 SE) of JConnect?????

Can anybody Pls. help me???


Thanks and Regards,
Manish.