Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

Mask format

6 posts in DataWindow Last posting was on 2009-02-23 16:54:32.0Z
salil Posted on 2009-02-19 09:50:42.0Z
From: salil <salilkol@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
Subject: Mask format
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 01:50:42 -0800 (PST)
Organization: http://groups.google.com
Lines: 7
Message-ID: <26871601-fb81-4008-bbf2-7c0552e6ee37@l39g2000yqn.googlegroups.com>
NNTP-Posting-Host: 196.26.21.193
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=windows-1252
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
X-Trace: posting.google.com 1235037042 23246 127.0.0.1 (19 Feb 2009 09:50:42 GMT)
X-Complaints-To: groups-abuse@google.com
NNTP-Posting-Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 09:50:42 +0000 (UTC)
Complaints-To: groups-abuse@google.com
Injection-Info: l39g2000yqn.googlegroups.com; posting-host=196.26.21.193; posting-account=N6iUGAoAAAA12wTe6grX_HrISMcGxX9e
User-Agent: G2/1.0
X-HTTP-Via: 1.1 SILICON
X-HTTP-UserAgent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30),gzip(gfe),gzip(gfe)
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-master!newssvr.sybase.com!news-sj-1.sprintlink.net!news-peer1.sprintlink.net!newsfeed.yul.equant.net!nntp1.roc.gblx.net!nntp.gblx.net!nntp.gblx.net!nlpi057.nbdc.sbc.com!prodigy.net!news.glorb.com!news2.glorb.com!postnews.google.com!l39g2000yqn.googlegroups.com!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:88828
Article PK: 418079

I need to define a mask which I want to use through out application
( this is for datawindow column edit property)
Can any one help me in this

Esample I want to display Amount field in mask ‘Rs ###.##’
I don’t want to type each time ‘Rs ###.##’ it should be some thing
[currency(x)] …. x= Rs y =$


Chris Pollach Posted on 2009-02-19 12:24:19.0Z
From: "Chris Pollach" <cpollach@travel-net.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
References: <26871601-fb81-4008-bbf2-7c0552e6ee37@l39g2000yqn.googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: Mask format
Lines: 27
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.3138
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.3350
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Original
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <499d4f73$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 19 Feb 2009 04:24:19 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1235046259 10.22.241.152 (19 Feb 2009 04:24:19 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 19 Feb 2009 04:24:19 -0800, vip152.sybase.com
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:88829
Article PK: 418080

Hello;

That is what the "Extended Attributes" pane is for in the DataBase
Painter. Once you create a standard edit/display mask like you described as
a DB entity, you can then attach (associate) this to all the "Amount"
columns you have in your schema. When you build a DW Object, the DW painter
will automatically incorporate this Edit/Display Mask in its processing

HTH

--
Regards ... Chris
ISUG - NA RUG Director
http://chrispollach.pbdjmagazine.com


"salil" <salilkol@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:26871601-fb81-4008-bbf2-7c0552e6ee37@l39g2000yqn.googlegroups.com...
I need to define a mask which I want to use through out application
( this is for datawindow column edit property)
Can any one help me in this

Esample I want to display Amount field in mask ‘Rs ###.##’
I don’t want to type each time ‘Rs ###.##’ it should be some thing
[currency(x)] …. x= Rs y =$


M. Searer Posted on 2009-02-23 02:59:03.0Z
From: "M. Searer" <nospam@nospam.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
References: <26871601-fb81-4008-bbf2-7c0552e6ee37@l39g2000yqn.googlegroups.com>
In-Reply-To: <26871601-fb81-4008-bbf2-7c0552e6ee37@l39g2000yqn.googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: Mask format
Lines: 14
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed; charset="Windows-1252"; reply-type=original
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Windows Mail 6.0.6001.18000
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.0.6001.18049
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <49a210f7$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 22 Feb 2009 18:59:03 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1235357943 10.22.241.152 (22 Feb 2009 18:59:03 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 22 Feb 2009 18:59:03 -0800, vip152.sybase.com
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:88845
Article PK: 418098

this is a long standing enhancment request of mine - to allow expressions on editmasks.
vote for it at isug.



"salil" <salilkol@gmail.com> wrote in message news:26871601-fb81-4008-bbf2-7c0552e6ee37@l39g2000yqn.googlegroups.com...
I need to define a mask which I want to use through out application
( this is for datawindow column edit property)
Can any one help me in this

Esample I want to display Amount field in mask ‘Rs ###.##’
I don’t want to type each time ‘Rs ###.##’ it should be some thing
[currency(x)] Â…. x= Rs y =$


Chris Pollach Posted on 2009-02-23 12:09:27.0Z
From: "Chris Pollach" <cpollach@travel-net.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
References: <26871601-fb81-4008-bbf2-7c0552e6ee37@l39g2000yqn.googlegroups.com> <49a210f7$1@forums-1-dub>
Subject: Re: Mask format
Lines: 32
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.3138
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Response
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.3350
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <49a291f7@forums-1-dub>
Date: 23 Feb 2009 04:09:27 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1235390967 10.22.241.152 (23 Feb 2009 04:09:27 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 23 Feb 2009 04:09:27 -0800, vip152.sybase.com
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:88847
Article PK: 418102

H;

FYI: I searched the PB section but could not find your enhancement. I
looked under "EditMask", "Mask" and "Expression" but no luck. I would
suggest that you might like to add that idea back in again as a new
enhancement.

--
Regards ... Chris
ISUG - NA RUG Director
http://chrispollach.pbdjmagazine.com

"M. Searer" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
news:49a210f7$1@forums-1-dub...
> this is a long standing enhancment request of mine - to allow expressions
> on editmasks.
> vote for it at isug.
>
>
>
> "salil" <salilkol@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:26871601-fb81-4008-bbf2-7c0552e6ee37@l39g2000yqn.googlegroups.com...
> I need to define a mask which I want to use through out application
> ( this is for datawindow column edit property)
> Can any one help me in this
>
> Esample I want to display Amount field in mask ‘Rs ###.##’
> I don’t want to type each time ‘Rs ###.##’ it should be some thing

> [currency(x)] …. x= Rs y =$


M. Searer Posted on 2009-02-23 15:40:00.0Z
From: "M. Searer" <nospam@nospam.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
References: <26871601-fb81-4008-bbf2-7c0552e6ee37@l39g2000yqn.googlegroups.com> <49a210f7$1@forums-1-dub> <49a291f7@forums-1-dub>
In-Reply-To: <49a291f7@forums-1-dub>
Subject: Re: Mask format
Lines: 40
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed; charset="iso-8859-1"; reply-type=response
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Windows Mail 6.0.6001.18000
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.0.6001.18049
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <49a2c350$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 23 Feb 2009 07:40:00 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1235403600 10.22.241.152 (23 Feb 2009 07:40:00 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 23 Feb 2009 07:40:00 -0800, vip152.sybase.com
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:88848
Article PK: 418101

2767 from 2004 for a more generic request
3223 from 2007 for a specific request for editmasks

2002 in the futures newsgroup.

"Chris Pollach" <cpollach@travel-net.com> wrote in message news:49a291f7@forums-1-dub...
> H;
>
> FYI: I searched the PB section but could not find your enhancement. I
> looked under "EditMask", "Mask" and "Expression" but no luck. I would
> suggest that you might like to add that idea back in again as a new
> enhancement.
>
> --
> Regards ... Chris
> ISUG - NA RUG Director
> http://chrispollach.pbdjmagazine.com
>
>
> "M. Searer" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> news:49a210f7$1@forums-1-dub...
>> this is a long standing enhancment request of mine - to allow expressions
>> on editmasks.
>> vote for it at isug.
>>
>>
>>
>> "salil" <salilkol@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:26871601-fb81-4008-bbf2-7c0552e6ee37@l39g2000yqn.googlegroups.com...
>> I need to define a mask which I want to use through out application
>> ( this is for datawindow column edit property)
>> Can any one help me in this
>>
>> Esample I want to display Amount field in mask 'Rs ###.##'
>> I don't want to type each time 'Rs ###.##' it should be some thing
>> [currency(x)] .. x= Rs y =$
>
>


Chris Pollach Posted on 2009-02-23 16:54:32.0Z
From: "Chris Pollach" <cpollach@travel-net.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
References: <26871601-fb81-4008-bbf2-7c0552e6ee37@l39g2000yqn.googlegroups.com> <49a210f7$1@forums-1-dub> <49a291f7@forums-1-dub> <49a2c350$1@forums-1-dub>
Subject: Re: Mask format
Lines: 50
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.3138
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Response
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.3350
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <49a2d4c8$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 23 Feb 2009 08:54:32 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1235408072 10.22.241.152 (23 Feb 2009 08:54:32 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 23 Feb 2009 08:54:32 -0800, vip152.sybase.com
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:88849
Article PK: 418100

OK ... got it.
I see that its "under consideration" by Sybase.

"M. Searer" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
news:49a2c350$1@forums-1-dub...
> 2767 from 2004 for a more generic request
> 3223 from 2007 for a specific request for editmasks
>
> 2002 in the futures newsgroup.
>
>
>
> "Chris Pollach" <cpollach@travel-net.com> wrote in message
> news:49a291f7@forums-1-dub...
>> H;
>>
>> FYI: I searched the PB section but could not find your enhancement. I
>> looked under "EditMask", "Mask" and "Expression" but no luck. I would
>> suggest that you might like to add that idea back in again as a new
>> enhancement.
>>
>> --
>> Regards ... Chris
>> ISUG - NA RUG Director
>> http://chrispollach.pbdjmagazine.com
>>
>>
>> "M. Searer" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> news:49a210f7$1@forums-1-dub...
>>> this is a long standing enhancment request of mine - to allow
>>> expressions on editmasks.
>>> vote for it at isug.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> "salil" <salilkol@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> news:26871601-fb81-4008-bbf2-7c0552e6ee37@l39g2000yqn.googlegroups.com...
>>> I need to define a mask which I want to use through out application
>>> ( this is for datawindow column edit property)
>>> Can any one help me in this
>>>
>>> Esample I want to display Amount field in mask 'Rs ###.##'
>>> I don't want to type each time 'Rs ###.##' it should be some thing
>>> [currency(x)] .. x= Rs y =$
>>