Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

why generating rows using connect by doesn't work?

3 posts in DataWindow .NET Last posting was on 2009-04-24 14:07:44.0Z
gramizi Posted on 2009-04-24 13:47:21.0Z
From: gramizi@gmail.com
Newsgroups: sybase.public.datawindow.net
Subject: why generating rows using connect by doesn't work?
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 06:47:21 -0700 (PDT)
Organization: http://groups.google.com
Lines: 19
Message-ID: <26df8002-4bc6-4b3e-87ba-a88a8d39a78c@37g2000yqp.googlegroups.com>
NNTP-Posting-Host: 194.147.254.37
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Trace: posting.google.com 1240580841 824 127.0.0.1 (24 Apr 2009 13:47:21 GMT)
X-Complaints-To: groups-abuse@google.com
NNTP-Posting-Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 13:47:21 +0000 (UTC)
Complaints-To: groups-abuse@google.com
Injection-Info: 37g2000yqp.googlegroups.com; posting-host=194.147.254.37; posting-account=SRqv3AoAAAD-Yma2NwSzUclk6TKJR8Hp
User-Agent: G2/1.0
X-HTTP-UserAgent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727),gzip(gfe),gzip(gfe)
X-HTTP-Via: 1.1 proxy1.generali.ch:3128 (squid/2.6.STABLE5)
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-master!newssvr.sybase.com!news-sj-1.sprintlink.net!news-peer1.sprintlink.net!newsfeed.yul.equant.net!nntp1.roc.gblx.net!nntp.gblx.net!nntp.gblx.net!nlpi057.nbdc.sbc.com!prodigy.net!news.glorb.com!postnews.google.com!37g2000yqp.googlegroups.com!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.datawindow.net:6925
Article PK: 124289

hi all,

I want to generate rows with this statement in a DataWindow, but it
generates just one row (and not 30 rows):
select
to_date('01.04.2009','dd.mm.yyyy')-1 + level as Datum, level Tag
from dual
where to_date('01.04.2009', 'dd.mm.yyyy') <= to_date
('30.04.2009', 'dd.mm.yyyy')
connect by level <= 1+(to_date('30.04.2009','dd.mm.yyyy') -
to_date('01.04.2009', 'dd.mm.yyyy'))

... it works like expected when I execute the statement in sqlplus
(?). Do you know why it doesn't behave like in sqlplus?

I'm using PB 7(!).

TIA,
gzim


"Paul Horan[Sybase]" <phoran_remove Posted on 2009-04-24 13:54:51.0Z
From: "Paul Horan[Sybase]" <phoran_remove@remove_sybase.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.datawindow.net
References: <26df8002-4bc6-4b3e-87ba-a88a8d39a78c@37g2000yqp.googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: why generating rows using connect by doesn't work?
Lines: 32
Organization: Sybase
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.5512
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.5579
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Original
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <49f1c4ab$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 24 Apr 2009 06:54:51 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1240581291 10.22.241.152 (24 Apr 2009 06:54:51 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 24 Apr 2009 06:54:51 -0700, vip152.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: teamsybase
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.datawindow.net:6926
Article PK: 124290

I think you've posted this in the wrong group. This is for questions
regarding the Datawindow.Net product.
For general datawindow questions, post in
sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow.

--
Paul Horan[Sybase]
paulhoran.pbdjmagazine.com

<gramizi@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:26df8002-4bc6-4b3e-87ba-a88a8d39a78c@37g2000yqp.googlegroups.com...
> hi all,
>
> I want to generate rows with this statement in a DataWindow, but it
> generates just one row (and not 30 rows):
> select
> to_date('01.04.2009','dd.mm.yyyy')-1 + level as Datum, level Tag
> from dual
> where to_date('01.04.2009', 'dd.mm.yyyy') <= to_date
> ('30.04.2009', 'dd.mm.yyyy')
> connect by level <= 1+(to_date('30.04.2009','dd.mm.yyyy') -
> to_date('01.04.2009', 'dd.mm.yyyy'))
>
> ... it works like expected when I execute the statement in sqlplus
> (?). Do you know why it doesn't behave like in sqlplus?
>
> I'm using PB 7(!).
>
> TIA,
> gzim


gramizi Posted on 2009-04-24 14:07:44.0Z
From: gramizi@gmail.com
Newsgroups: sybase.public.datawindow.net
Subject: Re: why generating rows using connect by doesn't work?
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 07:07:44 -0700 (PDT)
Organization: http://groups.google.com
Lines: 44
Message-ID: <ce3118f8-c94b-4373-9fa2-e66e7b5903f7@c36g2000yqn.googlegroups.com>
References: <26df8002-4bc6-4b3e-87ba-a88a8d39a78c@37g2000yqp.googlegroups.com> <49f1c4ab$1@forums-1-dub>
NNTP-Posting-Host: 194.147.254.37
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
X-Trace: posting.google.com 1240582065 11582 127.0.0.1 (24 Apr 2009 14:07:45 GMT)
X-Complaints-To: groups-abuse@google.com
NNTP-Posting-Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 14:07:45 +0000 (UTC)
Complaints-To: groups-abuse@google.com
Injection-Info: c36g2000yqn.googlegroups.com; posting-host=194.147.254.37; posting-account=SRqv3AoAAAD-Yma2NwSzUclk6TKJR8Hp
User-Agent: G2/1.0
X-HTTP-UserAgent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727),gzip(gfe),gzip(gfe)
X-HTTP-Via: 1.1 proxy1.generali.ch:3128 (squid/2.6.STABLE5)
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-master!newssvr.sybase.com!news-sj-1.sprintlink.net!news-peer1.sprintlink.net!newsfeed.yul.equant.net!novia!novia!news-out.readnews.com!transit3.readnews.com!postnews.google.com!c36g2000yqn.googlegroups.com!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.datawindow.net:6927
Article PK: 124292

Yep, you are right. Just posted there... I selected the wrong link in
google-groups... sry!

On 24 Apr., 15:54, "Paul Horan[Sybase]"

<phoran_remove@remove_sybase.com> wrote:
> I think you've posted this in the wrong group.  This is for questions
> regarding the Datawindow.Net product.
> For general datawindow questions, post in
> sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow.
>
> --
> Paul Horan[Sybase]
> paulhoran.pbdjmagazine.com
>
> <gram...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>
> news:26df8002-4bc6-4b3e-87ba-a88a8d39a78c@37g2000yqp.googlegroups.com...
>
>
>
> > hi all,
>
> > I want to generate rows with this statement in a DataWindow, but it
> > generates just one row (and not 30 rows):
> > select
> >      to_date('01.04.2009','dd.mm.yyyy')-1 + level as Datum, level Tag
> >      from dual
> >      where to_date('01.04.2009', 'dd.mm.yyyy') <= to_date
> > ('30.04.2009', 'dd.mm.yyyy')
> >      connect by level <= 1+(to_date('30.04.2009','dd.mm.yyyy') -
> > to_date('01.04.2009', 'dd.mm.yyyy'))
>
> > ... it works like expected when I execute the statement in sqlplus
> > (?). Do you know why it doesn't behave like in sqlplus?
>
> > I'm using PB 7(!).
>
> > TIA,
> > gzim- Zitierten Text ausblenden -
>
> - Zitierten Text anzeigen -