Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

MetaData

4 posts in JDBC Connect (product renamed to JConnect) Last posting was on 1997-04-30 23:13:05.0Z
ernie wright Posted on 1997-04-21 22:29:51.0Z
Message-ID: <335BEA5F.89218CC0@ibm.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 17:29:51 -0500
From: ernie wright <javaguy@ibm.net>
X-Mailer: Mozilla 4.0b3 [en] (Win95; I)
MIME-Version: 1.0
Subject: MetaData
X-Priority: 3 (Normal)
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Newsgroups: sybase.public.jdbcconnect
Lines: 10
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.powersoft.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.jdbcconnect:956
Article PK: 252709

I am a bit confused about the scripts that come with jConnect.

It appears that I am to run them against my Sybase SQL Server.

I appear to get metadata info back right now.

I am running XI, please explain what I am to do
and how I can verify that it works.

regards...i think you have a wonderful product.

(packaging that small httpd guy was a great idea)


David Clegg Posted on 1997-04-28 17:26:20.0Z
Message-ID: <3364DDBC.5BF9D8DD@sybase.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 10:26:20 -0700
From: David Clegg <davec@sybase.com>
X-Mailer: Mozilla 2.01 (X11; I; Linux 1.2.13 i586)
MIME-Version: 1.0
To: ernie wright <javaguy@ibm.net>
Subject: Re: MetaData
References: <335BEA5F.89218CC0@ibm.net>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Newsgroups: sybase.public.jdbcconnect
Lines: 16
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.powersoft.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.jdbcconnect:916
Article PK: 252668


ernie wright wrote:
>
> I am a bit confused about the scripts that come with jConnect.
>
> It appears that I am to run them against my Sybase SQL Server.
>
> I appear to get metadata info back right now.

ResultSetMetaData should mostly work w/out installing these scripts,
but DatabaseMetaData will not work.

>
> I am running XI, please explain what I am to do
> and how I can verify that it works.
Install the scripts as "sa" user.

>
> regards...i think you have a wonderful product.
>
> (packaging that small httpd guy was a great idea)
Thanks. Thinking of buying it? ;}

dave


Wolfgang Kunk Posted on 1997-04-29 11:01:04.0Z
Message-ID: <3365D4F0.340D@rtl.de>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 1997 13:01:04 +0200
From: Wolfgang Kunk <wolfgang.kunk@rtl.de>
X-Mailer: Mozilla 3.0Gold (WinNT; I)
MIME-Version: 1.0
Subject: Re: MetaData
References: <335BEA5F.89218CC0@ibm.net> <3364DDBC.5BF9D8DD@sybase.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Newsgroups: sybase.public.jdbcconnect
Lines: 27
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.powersoft.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.jdbcconnect:903
Article PK: 252654


David Clegg wrote:
>
> ernie wright wrote:
> >
> > I am a bit confused about the scripts that come with jConnect.
> >
> > It appears that I am to run them against my Sybase SQL Server.
> >
> > I appear to get metadata info back right now.
> ResultSetMetaData should mostly work w/out installing these scripts,
> but DatabaseMetaData will not work.
>
> >
> > I am running XI, please explain what I am to do
> > and how I can verify that it works.
> Install the scripts as "sa" user.
>
> >
> > regards...i think you have a wonderful product.
> >
> > (packaging that small httpd guy was a great idea)
> Thanks. Thinking of buying it? ;}
>
> dave

I installed the Script 'sql_server.sql' and afterwards I get trouble
with ODBC-Connections, Ms-Query crashed with a protection fault for
example. I believe that the reason for that behaviour could be find in
the table 'spt_database_info' in the sybsystemproc-database, because
there are some wrong values in the column 'data_type' (93 or 1111).

Wolfgang


David Clegg Posted on 1997-04-30 23:13:05.0Z
Message-ID: <3367D201.2CD37DB6@sybase.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 16:13:05 -0700
From: David Clegg <davec@sybase.com>
X-Mailer: Mozilla 2.01 (X11; I; Linux 1.2.13 i586)
MIME-Version: 1.0
To: Wolfgang Kunk <wolfgang.kunk@rtl.de>
Subject: Re: MetaData
References: <335BEA5F.89218CC0@ibm.net> <3364DDBC.5BF9D8DD@sybase.com> <3365D4F0.340D@rtl.de>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Newsgroups: sybase.public.jdbcconnect
Lines: 37
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.powersoft.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.jdbcconnect:890
Article PK: 252642

This does seem to be an unfortunate, and unintended interaction
between the JDBC meta-data and some existing ODBC application.
This problem has been reported and we are looking into it.

In the meantime, you can change the sql_server.sql script so
that it doesn't insert 1111 for datatype -- change the 1111
values to 0. and re-run the script.

>
> David Clegg wrote:
> >
> > ernie wright wrote:
> > >
> > > I am a bit confused about the scripts that come with jConnect.
> > >
> > > It appears that I am to run them against my Sybase SQL Server.
> > >
> > > I appear to get metadata info back right now.
> > ResultSetMetaData should mostly work w/out installing these scripts,
> > but DatabaseMetaData will not work.
> >
> > >
> > > I am running XI, please explain what I am to do
> > > and how I can verify that it works.
> > Install the scripts as "sa" user.
> >
> > >
> > > regards...i think you have a wonderful product.
> > >
> > > (packaging that small httpd guy was a great idea)
> > Thanks. Thinking of buying it? ;}
> >
> > dave
>
> I installed the Script 'sql_server.sql' and afterwards I get trouble
> with ODBC-Connections, Ms-Query crashed with a protection fault for
> example. I believe that the reason for that behaviour could be find in
> the table 'spt_database_info' in the sybsystemproc-database, because
> there are some wrong values in the column 'data_type' (93 or 1111).
>
> Wolfgang