Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

EAServer 3.5 and C++ Component on Solaris

4 posts in General Discussion (old) Last posting was on 2000-03-30 21:01:49.0Z
Cheng Yeh Posted on 2000-03-29 21:58:18.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver
From: "Cheng Yeh" <cyeh@icpro.com>
Subject: EAServer 3.5 and C++ Component on Solaris
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 16:58:18 -0500
Lines: 24
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 5.00.2314.1300
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.00.2314.1300
NNTP-Posting-Host: edge2a.lmco.com 192.91.147.1
Message-ID: <347_$aNbLqcm$GA.276@forums.sybase.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.easerver:25295
Article PK: 228490

Can anyone answer my questions or point me in the right direction.

I am evaluating EAServer for a major client. They have existing code that
are in C++ and would like to port the C++ code into EAServer as C++
components.

My questions are:

1) Has anyone done this? I know Sybase says it supports C++ componenets but
I have not seen any document on how to do it.

2) Since I am targetting a Solaris 2.6 platform, I would like to know if
there are any compiler compatibility issues. Which Compilers and which
version? (SUN Compiler, GNU compiler)?

3) Has anyone ran into compatibility issues with 3rd party libraries
(RogueWave DBTools.h++ and RogueWave Tools.h++, edition 7).?

Thanks,
Cheng


Dave Wolf [Sybase] Posted on 2000-03-29 23:37:06.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver
From: "Dave Wolf [Sybase]" <dwolf@sybase.com>
Subject: Re: EAServer 3.5 and C++ Component on Solaris
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 18:37:06 -0500
Lines: 44
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 5.00.2919.6600
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.00.2919.6600
NNTP-Posting-Host: nomad6-12.sybase.com 157.133.176.12
Message-ID: <347_IZX#Yhdm$GA.298@forums.sybase.com>
References: <347_$aNbLqcm$GA.276@forums.sybase.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.easerver:25286
Article PK: 155402


"Cheng Yeh" <cyeh@icpro.com> wrote in message
news:$aNbLqcm$GA.276@forums.sybase.com...
> Can anyone answer my questions or point me in the right direction.
>
> I am evaluating EAServer for a major client. They have existing code that
> are in C++ and would like to port the C++ code into EAServer as C++
> components.
>
> My questions are:
>
> 1) Has anyone done this? I know Sybase says it supports C++ componenets
but
> I have not seen any document on how to do it.

Yes we have major companies doing this we can have as references.

>
> 2) Since I am targetting a Solaris 2.6 platform, I would like to know if
> there are any compiler compatibility issues. Which Compilers and which
> version? (SUN Compiler, GNU compiler)?

We do have some compiler suggestions. Support would be the best people to
ask.

>
> 3) Has anyone ran into compatibility issues with 3rd party libraries
> (RogueWave DBTools.h++ and RogueWave Tools.h++, edition 7).?

Just make sure they are thread safe. We have RougeWave DBTools.h customers.
There are thread safe and non thread safe versions.

Dave Wolf
Internet Applications Division

>
> Thanks,
> Cheng
>
>
>
>


Cheng Yeh Posted on 2000-03-30 18:01:04.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver
From: "Cheng Yeh" <cyeh@icpro.com>
Subject: Re: EAServer 3.5 and C++ Component on Solaris
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 13:01:04 -0500
Lines: 71
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 5.00.2314.1300
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.00.2314.1300
NNTP-Posting-Host: edge2a.lmco.com 192.91.147.1
Message-ID: <347_YyPtQKnm$GA.52@forums.sybase.com>
References: <347_$aNbLqcm$GA.276@forums.sybase.com> <347_IZX#Yhdm$GA.298@forums.sybase.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.easerver:25206
Article PK: 228475

Dave,

Can a C++ component (interface) inherits from another C++ component
interface?

In CORBA IDL, it would be something like this.

interface baseComponent {

};

interface subComponent : baseComponent {

};

The Jaguar Manager user interface doesn't seem to allow me to specify
inheritant. However, it does allow me to edit IDL.

Thanks,
Cheng

Dave Wolf [Sybase] <dwolf@sybase.com> wrote in message
news:IZX#Yhdm$GA.298@forums.sybase.com...
>
> "Cheng Yeh" <cyeh@icpro.com> wrote in message
> news:$aNbLqcm$GA.276@forums.sybase.com...
> > Can anyone answer my questions or point me in the right direction.
> >
> > I am evaluating EAServer for a major client. They have existing code
that
> > are in C++ and would like to port the C++ code into EAServer as C++
> > components.
> >
> > My questions are:
> >
> > 1) Has anyone done this? I know Sybase says it supports C++ componenets
> but
> > I have not seen any document on how to do it.
>
> Yes we have major companies doing this we can have as references.
>
> >
> > 2) Since I am targetting a Solaris 2.6 platform, I would like to know if
> > there are any compiler compatibility issues. Which Compilers and which
> > version? (SUN Compiler, GNU compiler)?
>
> We do have some compiler suggestions. Support would be the best people to
> ask.
>
> >
> > 3) Has anyone ran into compatibility issues with 3rd party libraries
> > (RogueWave DBTools.h++ and RogueWave Tools.h++, edition 7).?
>
> Just make sure they are thread safe. We have RougeWave DBTools.h
customers.
> There are thread safe and non thread safe versions.
>
> Dave Wolf
> Internet Applications Division
>
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Cheng
> >
> >
> >
> >
>
>


Dave Wolf [Sybase] Posted on 2000-03-30 21:01:49.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver
From: "Dave Wolf [Sybase]" <dwolf@sybase.com>
Subject: Re: EAServer 3.5 and C++ Component on Solaris
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 16:01:49 -0500
Lines: 84
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 5.00.2919.6600
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.00.2919.6600
NNTP-Posting-Host: PPPa41-ResaleCanada8001-5R1009.saturn.bbn.com 4.16.18.244
Message-ID: <347_PAG3Svom$GA.52@forums.sybase.com>
References: <347_$aNbLqcm$GA.276@forums.sybase.com> <347_IZX#Yhdm$GA.298@forums.sybase.com> <347_YyPtQKnm$GA.52@forums.sybase.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.easerver:25183
Article PK: 154282

You have to edit the IDL to do it.

Dave Wolf
Internet Applications Division

"Cheng Yeh" <cyeh@icpro.com> wrote in message
news:YyPtQKnm$GA.52@forums.sybase.com...
> Dave,
>
> Can a C++ component (interface) inherits from another C++ component
> interface?
>
> In CORBA IDL, it would be something like this.
>
> interface baseComponent {
>
> };
>
> interface subComponent : baseComponent {
>
> };
>
> The Jaguar Manager user interface doesn't seem to allow me to specify
> inheritant. However, it does allow me to edit IDL.
>
> Thanks,
> Cheng
>
> Dave Wolf [Sybase] <dwolf@sybase.com> wrote in message
> news:IZX#Yhdm$GA.298@forums.sybase.com...
> >
> > "Cheng Yeh" <cyeh@icpro.com> wrote in message
> > news:$aNbLqcm$GA.276@forums.sybase.com...
> > > Can anyone answer my questions or point me in the right direction.
> > >
> > > I am evaluating EAServer for a major client. They have existing code
> that
> > > are in C++ and would like to port the C++ code into EAServer as C++
> > > components.
> > >
> > > My questions are:
> > >
> > > 1) Has anyone done this? I know Sybase says it supports C++
componenets
> > but
> > > I have not seen any document on how to do it.
> >
> > Yes we have major companies doing this we can have as references.
> >
> > >
> > > 2) Since I am targetting a Solaris 2.6 platform, I would like to know
if
> > > there are any compiler compatibility issues. Which Compilers and
which
> > > version? (SUN Compiler, GNU compiler)?
> >
> > We do have some compiler suggestions. Support would be the best people
to
> > ask.
> >
> > >
> > > 3) Has anyone ran into compatibility issues with 3rd party libraries
> > > (RogueWave DBTools.h++ and RogueWave Tools.h++, edition 7).?
> >
> > Just make sure they are thread safe. We have RougeWave DBTools.h
> customers.
> > There are thread safe and non thread safe versions.
> >
> > Dave Wolf
> > Internet Applications Division
> >
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Cheng
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>