Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

How does Jaguar select java package name for Components?

4 posts in General Discussion (old) Last posting was on 2000-03-14 12:36:26.0Z
Fredrik Lann Posted on 2000-03-13 16:03:05.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver
From: "Fredrik Lann" <NOSPAM_fredrik.lann@edt.ericsson.se>
Organization: Ericsson[192.16.151.33]
X-Newsreader: AspNNTP 1.41 (Advent 2000, Inc.)
Subject: How does Jaguar select java package name for Components?
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 11:03:05 -0500
Lines: 15
NNTP-Posting-Host: 207.156.232.4
Message-ID: <347_1yrMeWQj$GA.261@forums.sybase.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.easerver:26544
Article PK: 157556

I have upgraded my application to Jaguar 3.5

I have two Packages.

When I generate stubs from the first package
the package name in the generated java code
seems to get its package definition from where the class file with the
implementation is located.
( country.company.project )
(The same behaviour as in Jaguar 3.0)

But
===
When I generate stubs from my second package
the package name in the generated java code
eqauls to the package name used in Jaguar.

What has happened?
Where can I change this behavior?

Fredrik Lann


Dave Wolf [Sybase] Posted on 2000-03-13 19:40:48.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver
From: "Dave Wolf [Sybase]" <dwolf@sybase.com>
Subject: Re: How does Jaguar select java package name for Components?
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 14:40:48 -0500
Lines: 34
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 5.00.2919.6600
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.00.2919.6600
NNTP-Posting-Host: 157.133.41.72
Message-ID: <347_vyVEaSSj$GA.202@forums.sybase.com>
References: <347_1yrMeWQj$GA.261@forums.sybase.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.easerver:26503
Article PK: 157517

Normally for a CORBA component the package is the IDL name and for a EJB
component its the java package of the bean. You can change this by editing
the IDL and changing the comment

<!-- javaPackage foo.bar -->

Dave Wolf
Internet Applications Division

"Fredrik Lann" <NOSPAM_fredrik.lann@edt.ericsson.se> wrote in message
news:1yrMeWQj$GA.261@forums.sybase.com...
> I have upgraded my application to Jaguar 3.5
>
> I have two Packages.
>
> When I generate stubs from the first package
> the package name in the generated java code
> seems to get its package definition from where the class file with the
> implementation is located.
> ( country.company.project )
> (The same behaviour as in Jaguar 3.0)
>
> But
> ===
> When I generate stubs from my second package
> the package name in the generated java code
> eqauls to the package name used in Jaguar.
>
> What has happened?
> Where can I change this behavior?
>
> Fredrik Lann


Fredrik Lann Posted on 2000-03-14 09:16:51.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver
From: "Fredrik Lann" <NOSPAM_fredrik.lann@edt.ericsson.se>
Organization: Ericsson[192.16.151.33]
X-Newsreader: AspNNTP 1.41 (Advent 2000, Inc.)
Subject: Re: How does Jaguar select java package name for Components?
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 04:16:51 -0500
Lines: 35
NNTP-Posting-Host: 207.156.232.4
Message-ID: <347_SWgWIYZj$GA.111@forums.sybase.com>
References: <347_1yrMeWQj$GA.261@forums.sybase.com> <347_vyVEaSSj$GA.202@forums.sybase.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.easerver:26468
Article PK: 157480

It did not work.
I added the <!-- javaPackage foo.bar --> line as a comment in the components IDL
file.
Jaguar still uses the Jaguar package as the package name of the component.

Both my component are CORBA components

/Fredrik

On Mon, 13 Mar 2000 14:40:48 -0500,
in powersoft.public.easerver

Dave Wolf [Sybase] <dwolf@sybase.com> wrote:
>Normally for a CORBA component the package is the IDL name and for a EJB
>component its the java package of the bean. You can change this by editing
>the IDL and changing the comment
>
><!-- javaPackage foo.bar -->
>
>Dave Wolf
>Internet Applications Division
>
>"Fredrik Lann" <NOSPAM_fredrik.lann@edt.ericsson.se> wrote in message
>news:1yrMeWQj$GA.261@forums.sybase.com...
>> I have upgraded my application to Jaguar 3.5
>>
>> I have two Packages.
>>
>> When I generate stubs from the first package
>> the package name in the generated java code
>> seems to get its package definition from where the class file with the
>> implementation is located.
>> ( country.company.project )
>> (The same behaviour as in Jaguar 3.0)
>>
>> But
>> ===
>> When I generate stubs from my second package
>> the package name in the generated java code
>> eqauls to the package name used in Jaguar.
>>
>> What has happened?
>> Where can I change this behavior?
>>
>> Fredrik Lann
>
>

Fredrik Lann


Dave Wolf [Sybase] Posted on 2000-03-14 12:36:26.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver
From: "Dave Wolf [Sybase]" <dwolf@sybase.com>
Subject: Re: How does Jaguar select java package name for Components?
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 07:36:26 -0500
Lines: 81
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 5.00.2919.6600
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.00.2919.6600
NNTP-Posting-Host: 158.159.8.38
Message-ID: <347_W2lACKbj$GA.71@forums.sybase.com>
References: <347_1yrMeWQj$GA.261@forums.sybase.com> <347_vyVEaSSj$GA.202@forums.sybase.com> <347_SWgWIYZj$GA.111@forums.sybase.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.easerver:26464
Article PK: 157478

You shouldnt have needed to add that line, but change it. Your module IDL
definition should have looked like

/**
** <!-- javaPackage BCD -->
**/
module BCD
{
// blah blah
};

If you cahnged this to

/**
** <!-- javaPackage foo.bar-->
**/
module BCD
{
// blah blah
}

It should have generated stubs into foo.bar.

Dave Wolf
Internet Applications Division

"Fredrik Lann" <NOSPAM_fredrik.lann@edt.ericsson.se> wrote in message
news:SWgWIYZj$GA.111@forums.sybase.com...
> It did not work.
> I added the <!-- javaPackage foo.bar --> line as a comment in the
components IDL
> file.
> Jaguar still uses the Jaguar package as the package name of the component.
>
> Both my component are CORBA components
>
> /Fredrik
>
> On Mon, 13 Mar 2000 14:40:48 -0500,
> in powersoft.public.easerver
> Dave Wolf [Sybase] <dwolf@sybase.com> wrote:
> >Normally for a CORBA component the package is the IDL name and for a EJB
> >component its the java package of the bean. You can change this by
editing
> >the IDL and changing the comment
> >
> ><!-- javaPackage foo.bar -->
> >
> >Dave Wolf
> >Internet Applications Division
> >
> >"Fredrik Lann" <NOSPAM_fredrik.lann@edt.ericsson.se> wrote in message
> >news:1yrMeWQj$GA.261@forums.sybase.com...
> >> I have upgraded my application to Jaguar 3.5
> >>
> >> I have two Packages.
> >>
> >> When I generate stubs from the first package
> >> the package name in the generated java code
> >> seems to get its package definition from where the class file with the
> >> implementation is located.
> >> ( country.company.project )
> >> (The same behaviour as in Jaguar 3.0)
> >>
> >> But
> >> ===
> >> When I generate stubs from my second package
> >> the package name in the generated java code
> >> eqauls to the package name used in Jaguar.
> >>
> >> What has happened?
> >> Where can I change this behavior?
> >>
> >> Fredrik Lann
> >
> >
>
> Fredrik Lann