Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

Using JagSleep() in other components other than service

5 posts in General Discussion (old) Last posting was on 2000-03-30 14:06:24.0Z
Adam Simmonds Posted on 2000-02-23 13:37:41.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 00:37:41 +1100
From: Adam Simmonds <asimmond@mail.usyd.edu.au>
Organization: University of Syndey
X-Mailer: Mozilla 4.7 [en] (WinNT; I)
X-Accept-Language: en
MIME-Version: 1.0
Subject: Using JagSleep() in other components other than service
Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="------------FE9A481CA60A92CBA8261D86"
Lines: 32
NNTP-Posting-Host: pc-70.sis.usyd.edu.au 129.78.248.198
Message-ID: <347_38B3E2A5.3A8FD3CE@mail.usyd.edu.au>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.easerver:28089
Article PK: 159980

Hi All
We have a powerbuilder component deployed to jaguar that is used to kick
off a python program on another server and we have to poll the database
to check when the python program has finished. We timeout after a set
period if python fails or is down.

The old client server code just looped around continually without a wait
period. Now in jaguar, it seems to really chew the processor (
especially if multiple objects are executing ). Is it possible to call
the jagsleep() function from within a stateless standard component to
stop this?

Thanks
Adam


Download VCard asimmond.vcf


Dave Wolf [Sybase] Posted on 2000-02-23 14:57:11.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver
From: "Dave Wolf [Sybase]" <dwolf@sybase.com>
Subject: Re: Using JagSleep() in other components other than service
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 09:57:11 -0500
Lines: 24
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 5.00.2919.6600
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.00.2919.6600
NNTP-Posting-Host: dwolf-nt.sybase.com 157.133.41.127
Message-ID: <347_8fZKG7gf$GA.265@forums.sybase.com>
References: <347_38B3E2A5.3A8FD3CE@mail.usyd.edu.au>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.easerver:28081
Article PK: 159974

Yes that should work fine.

Dave Wolf
Internet Applications Division

"Adam Simmonds" <asimmond@mail.usyd.edu.au> wrote in message
news:38B3E2A5.3A8FD3CE@mail.usyd.edu.au...
> Hi All
> We have a powerbuilder component deployed to jaguar that is used to kick
> off a python program on another server and we have to poll the database
> to check when the python program has finished. We timeout after a set
> period if python fails or is down.
>
> The old client server code just looped around continually without a wait
> period. Now in jaguar, it seems to really chew the processor (
> especially if multiple objects are executing ). Is it possible to call
> the jagsleep() function from within a stateless standard component to
> stop this?
>
> Thanks
> Adam
>


Alistair Black Posted on 2000-03-30 10:44:54.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver
From: "Alistair Black" <ablack@investech-solutions.com>
Subject: Re: Using JagSleep() in other components other than service
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 11:44:54 +0100
Lines: 39
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 5.00.2314.1300
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.00.2314.1300
NNTP-Posting-Host: 62.172.83.218
Message-ID: <347_l4zqBXjm$GA.201@forums.sybase.com>
References: <347_38B3E2A5.3A8FD3CE@mail.usyd.edu.au> <347_8fZKG7gf$GA.265@forums.sybase.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.easerver:25257
Article PK: 155381

Hi,

What is the equivalent of jagSleep() within PowerBuilder components. All of
the documentation talks about java/c++. Do I have to make an external
function call? (if so how?)

Cheers

Alistair Black

Dave Wolf [Sybase] <dwolf@sybase.com> wrote in message
news:8fZKG7gf$GA.265@forums.sybase.com...
> Yes that should work fine.
>
> Dave Wolf
> Internet Applications Division
>
> "Adam Simmonds" <asimmond@mail.usyd.edu.au> wrote in message
> news:38B3E2A5.3A8FD3CE@mail.usyd.edu.au...
> > Hi All
> > We have a powerbuilder component deployed to jaguar that is used to kick
> > off a python program on another server and we have to poll the database
> > to check when the python program has finished. We timeout after a set
> > period if python fails or is down.
> >
> > The old client server code just looped around continually without a wait
> > period. Now in jaguar, it seems to really chew the processor (
> > especially if multiple objects are executing ). Is it possible to call
> > the jagsleep() function from within a stateless standard component to
> > stop this?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Adam
> >
>
>


Peter Reedijk Posted on 2000-03-30 13:55:58.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver
From: "Peter Reedijk" <peter.reedijk@pica.nl>
Organization: 192.87.44.61
X-Newsreader: AspNNTP 1.41 (Advent 2000, Inc.)
Subject: Re: Using JagSleep() in other components other than service
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 08:55:58 -0500
Lines: 41
NNTP-Posting-Host: 207.156.232.4
Message-ID: <347_y9#Jt#km$GA.290@forums.sybase.com>
References: <347_38B3E2A5.3A8FD3CE@mail.usyd.edu.au> <347_8fZKG7gf$GA.265@forums.sybase.com> <347_l4zqBXjm$GA.201@forums.sybase.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.easerver:25244
Article PK: 155369

Yes, declare the following external function (when using NT):

subroutine JagSleep (Long seconds) LIBRARY "libjdispatch.dll"

See also the Programmer's Guide for lots more details...
Peter

On Thu, 30 Mar 2000 11:44:54 +0100,
in powersoft.public.easerver

Alistair Black <ablack@investech-solutions.com> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>What is the equivalent of jagSleep() within PowerBuilder components. All of
>the documentation talks about java/c++. Do I have to make an external
>function call? (if so how?)
>
>Cheers
>
>Alistair Black
>
>
>Dave Wolf [Sybase] <dwolf@sybase.com> wrote in message
>news:8fZKG7gf$GA.265@forums.sybase.com...
>> Yes that should work fine.
>>
>> Dave Wolf
>> Internet Applications Division
>>
>> "Adam Simmonds" <asimmond@mail.usyd.edu.au> wrote in message
>> news:38B3E2A5.3A8FD3CE@mail.usyd.edu.au...
>> > Hi All
>> > We have a powerbuilder component deployed to jaguar that is used to kick
>> > off a python program on another server and we have to poll the database
>> > to check when the python program has finished. We timeout after a set
>> > period if python fails or is down.
>> >
>> > The old client server code just looped around continually without a wait
>> > period. Now in jaguar, it seems to really chew the processor (
>> > especially if multiple objects are executing ). Is it possible to call
>> > the jagsleep() function from within a stateless standard component to
>> > stop this?
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> > Adam
>> >
>>
>>
>
>

---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==---
http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp


Alistair Black Posted on 2000-03-30 14:06:24.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver
From: "Alistair Black" <ablack@investech-solutions.com>
Subject: Re: Using JagSleep() in other components other than service
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 15:06:24 +0100
Lines: 63
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 5.00.2314.1300
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.00.2314.1300
NNTP-Posting-Host: host62-6-131-117.host.btclick.com 62.6.131.117
Message-ID: <347_V8S7nHlm$GA.52@forums.sybase.com>
References: <347_38B3E2A5.3A8FD3CE@mail.usyd.edu.au> <347_8fZKG7gf$GA.265@forums.sybase.com> <347_l4zqBXjm$GA.201@forums.sybase.com> <347_y9#Jt#km$GA.290@forums.sybase.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.easerver:25241
Article PK: 155368

Thankyou.

Peter Reedijk <peter.reedijk@pica.nl> wrote in message
news:y9#Jt#km$GA.290@forums.sybase.com...
> Yes, declare the following external function (when using NT):
>
> subroutine JagSleep (Long seconds) LIBRARY "libjdispatch.dll"
>
> See also the Programmer's Guide for lots more details...
> Peter
>
> On Thu, 30 Mar 2000 11:44:54 +0100,
> in powersoft.public.easerver
> Alistair Black <ablack@investech-solutions.com> wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >What is the equivalent of jagSleep() within PowerBuilder components. All
of
> >the documentation talks about java/c++. Do I have to make an external
> >function call? (if so how?)
> >
> >Cheers
> >
> >Alistair Black
> >
> >
> >Dave Wolf [Sybase] <dwolf@sybase.com> wrote in message
> >news:8fZKG7gf$GA.265@forums.sybase.com...
> >> Yes that should work fine.
> >>
> >> Dave Wolf
> >> Internet Applications Division
> >>
> >> "Adam Simmonds" <asimmond@mail.usyd.edu.au> wrote in message
> >> news:38B3E2A5.3A8FD3CE@mail.usyd.edu.au...
> >> > Hi All
> >> > We have a powerbuilder component deployed to jaguar that is used to
kick
> >> > off a python program on another server and we have to poll the
database
> >> > to check when the python program has finished. We timeout after a set
> >> > period if python fails or is down.
> >> >
> >> > The old client server code just looped around continually without a
wait
> >> > period. Now in jaguar, it seems to really chew the processor (
> >> > especially if multiple objects are executing ). Is it possible to
call
> >> > the jagsleep() function from within a stateless standard component to
> >> > stop this?
> >> >
> >> > Thanks
> >> > Adam
> >> >
> >>
> >>
> >
> >
>
> ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==---
> http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp