Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

Jag Manager Not Working EAS 3.5

5 posts in General Discussion (old) Last posting was on 2000-02-24 04:15:05.0Z
Adam Simmonds Posted on 2000-02-24 00:25:01.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 11:25:01 +1100
From: Adam Simmonds <asimmond@mail.usyd.edu.au>
Organization: University of Syndey
X-Mailer: Mozilla 4.7 [en] (WinNT; I)
X-Accept-Language: en
MIME-Version: 1.0
Subject: Jag Manager Not Working EAS 3.5
Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="------------AFA8DFD295C95D682C37E644"
Lines: 31
NNTP-Posting-Host: pc-70.sis.usyd.edu.au 129.78.248.198
Message-ID: <347_38B47A5D.D91C13CA@mail.usyd.edu.au>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.easerver:27984
Article PK: 159886

Hi All
I am having severe problems with Jag Manager in EAS 3.5
I have installed and been using jag manager fine until eventually it
decides I cant logon anymore, in sybase central the option to logon to
jag manager or security manger is disabled. I have tried rebooting and
it just doesnt allow me to do it anymore.

I have a registered deployment version on the computer and I have
entered all the necessary license information when I install.

Any ideas??? The onlyl way around so far is to reinstall

Rgds
Adam


Download VCard asimmond.vcf


Dave Wolf [Sybase] Posted on 2000-02-24 03:24:54.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver
From: "Dave Wolf [Sybase]" <dwolf@sybase.com>
Subject: Re: Jag Manager Not Working EAS 3.5
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 22:24:54 -0500
Lines: 24
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 5.00.2919.6600
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.00.2919.6600
NNTP-Posting-Host: PPPa24-ResaleAnnapolis1-1R7308.saturn.bbn.com 4.48.176.85
Message-ID: <347_IDjP8cnf$GA.251@forums.sybase.com>
References: <347_38B47A5D.D91C13CA@mail.usyd.edu.au>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.easerver:27973
Article PK: 159661

Ive never seen this. Anyone else?

Dave Wolf
Internet Applications Division

"Adam Simmonds" <asimmond@mail.usyd.edu.au> wrote in message
news:38B47A5D.D91C13CA@mail.usyd.edu.au...
> Hi All
> I am having severe problems with Jag Manager in EAS 3.5
> I have installed and been using jag manager fine until eventually it
> decides I cant logon anymore, in sybase central the option to logon to
> jag manager or security manger is disabled. I have tried rebooting and
> it just doesnt allow me to do it anymore.
>
> I have a registered deployment version on the computer and I have
> entered all the necessary license information when I install.
>
> Any ideas??? The onlyl way around so far is to reinstall
>
> Rgds
> Adam
>


Adam Simmonds Posted on 2000-02-24 03:51:18.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 14:51:18 +1100
From: Adam Simmonds <asimmond@mail.usyd.edu.au>
Organization: University of Syndey
X-Mailer: Mozilla 4.7 [en] (WinNT; I)
X-Accept-Language: en
MIME-Version: 1.0
Subject: Re: Jag Manager Not Working EAS 3.5
Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="------------591964CAB29FDEB70F2B886D"
Lines: 45
NNTP-Posting-Host: pc-70.sis.usyd.edu.au 129.78.248.198
Message-ID: <347_38B4AAB6.D0147341@mail.usyd.edu.au>
References: <347_38B47A5D.D91C13CA@mail.usyd.edu.au> <347_IDjP8cnf$GA.251@forums.sybase.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.easerver:27963
Article PK: 159655

One thing that I just thought of which may have caused if
I have deployment projects that are for the UAT box, in the development code
and I accidentally ran one so the code was deployed to another server and
not the current server.

Could this cause such problems.

Adam

"Dave Wolf [Sybase]" wrote:

> Ive never seen this. Anyone else?
>
> Dave Wolf
> Internet Applications Division
>
> "Adam Simmonds" <asimmond@mail.usyd.edu.au> wrote in message
> news:38B47A5D.D91C13CA@mail.usyd.edu.au...
> > Hi All
> > I am having severe problems with Jag Manager in EAS 3.5
> > I have installed and been using jag manager fine until eventually it
> > decides I cant logon anymore, in sybase central the option to logon to
> > jag manager or security manger is disabled. I have tried rebooting and
> > it just doesnt allow me to do it anymore.
> >
> > I have a registered deployment version on the computer and I have
> > entered all the necessary license information when I install.
> >
> > Any ideas??? The onlyl way around so far is to reinstall
> >
> > Rgds
> > Adam
> >


Download VCard asimmond.vcf


Dave Wolf [Sybase] Posted on 2000-02-24 04:03:43.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver
From: "Dave Wolf [Sybase]" <dwolf@sybase.com>
Subject: Re: Jag Manager Not Working EAS 3.5
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 23:03:43 -0500
Lines: 44
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 5.00.2919.6600
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.00.2919.6600
NNTP-Posting-Host: 158.159.8.31
Message-ID: <347_1sbfoynf$GA.151@forums.sybase.com>
References: <347_38B47A5D.D91C13CA@mail.usyd.edu.au> <347_IDjP8cnf$GA.251@forums.sybase.com> <347_38B4AAB6.D0147341@mail.usyd.edu.au>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.easerver:27960
Article PK: 159651

So you mean to say the Connect menu item is greyed out or?

Dave Wolf
Internet Applications Division

"Adam Simmonds" <asimmond@mail.usyd.edu.au> wrote in message
news:38B4AAB6.D0147341@mail.usyd.edu.au...
> One thing that I just thought of which may have caused if
> I have deployment projects that are for the UAT box, in the development
code
> and I accidentally ran one so the code was deployed to another server and
> not the current server.
>
> Could this cause such problems.
>
> Adam
>
> "Dave Wolf [Sybase]" wrote:
>
> > Ive never seen this. Anyone else?
> >
> > Dave Wolf
> > Internet Applications Division
> >
> > "Adam Simmonds" <asimmond@mail.usyd.edu.au> wrote in message
> > news:38B47A5D.D91C13CA@mail.usyd.edu.au...
> > > Hi All
> > > I am having severe problems with Jag Manager in EAS 3.5
> > > I have installed and been using jag manager fine until eventually it
> > > decides I cant logon anymore, in sybase central the option to logon to
> > > jag manager or security manger is disabled. I have tried rebooting and
> > > it just doesnt allow me to do it anymore.
> > >
> > > I have a registered deployment version on the computer and I have
> > > entered all the necessary license information when I install.
> > >
> > > Any ideas??? The onlyl way around so far is to reinstall
> > >
> > > Rgds
> > > Adam
> > >
>


Adam Simmonds Posted on 2000-02-24 04:15:05.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 15:15:05 +1100
From: Adam Simmonds <asimmond@mail.usyd.edu.au>
Organization: University of Syndey
X-Mailer: Mozilla 4.7 [en] (WinNT; I)
X-Accept-Language: en
MIME-Version: 1.0
Subject: Re: Jag Manager Not Working EAS 3.5
Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="------------452154D90E29910E254C67D9"
Lines: 58
NNTP-Posting-Host: pc-70.sis.usyd.edu.au 129.78.248.198
Message-ID: <347_38B4B049.2FC6B682@mail.usyd.edu.au>
References: <347_38B47A5D.D91C13CA@mail.usyd.edu.au> <347_IDjP8cnf$GA.251@forums.sybase.com> <347_38B4AAB6.D0147341@mail.usyd.edu.au> <347_1sbfoynf$GA.151@forums.sybase.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.easerver:27958
Article PK: 159649

the tools->connect option is greyed out, it wont even open up the next layer in
the menu which lets you choose jagman or security manager.

"Dave Wolf [Sybase]" wrote:

> So you mean to say the Connect menu item is greyed out or?
>
> Dave Wolf
> Internet Applications Division
>
> "Adam Simmonds" <asimmond@mail.usyd.edu.au> wrote in message
> news:38B4AAB6.D0147341@mail.usyd.edu.au...
> > One thing that I just thought of which may have caused if
> > I have deployment projects that are for the UAT box, in the development
> code
> > and I accidentally ran one so the code was deployed to another server and
> > not the current server.
> >
> > Could this cause such problems.
> >
> > Adam
> >
> > "Dave Wolf [Sybase]" wrote:
> >
> > > Ive never seen this. Anyone else?
> > >
> > > Dave Wolf
> > > Internet Applications Division
> > >
> > > "Adam Simmonds" <asimmond@mail.usyd.edu.au> wrote in message
> > > news:38B47A5D.D91C13CA@mail.usyd.edu.au...
> > > > Hi All
> > > > I am having severe problems with Jag Manager in EAS 3.5
> > > > I have installed and been using jag manager fine until eventually it
> > > > decides I cant logon anymore, in sybase central the option to logon to
> > > > jag manager or security manger is disabled. I have tried rebooting and
> > > > it just doesnt allow me to do it anymore.
> > > >
> > > > I have a registered deployment version on the computer and I have
> > > > entered all the necessary license information when I install.
> > > >
> > > > Any ideas??? The onlyl way around so far is to reinstall
> > > >
> > > > Rgds
> > > > Adam
> > > >
> >


Download VCard asimmond.vcf