Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

Question on Going live with site and ASE

9 posts in General Discussion (old) Last posting was on 2000-03-20 17:22:40.0Z
^*^GothicCastle^*^ Posted on 2000-03-16 10:03:20.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 10:03:20 +0000
From: ^*^GothicCastle^*^ <^*^GothicCastle^*^@hotmail.com>
X-Mailer: Mozilla 4.7 [en] (Win98; I)
X-Accept-Language: en
MIME-Version: 1.0
Subject: Question on Going live with site and ASE
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Lines: 19
NNTP-Posting-Host: du-006-0155.freeuk.com 212.126.147.155
Message-ID: <347_38D0B168.B539BFFA@hotmail.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.easerver:26312
Article PK: 156981

Hi,
OK, I have 6 weeks until the big launch when the fruits of my labour
(and not forgetting all the help I have got from you guys and
girls(thanks Sam) :)) are put on the web for all to laugh at....sorry
that should read look at <g>.

Here's the question I have a dual 600Mhz Pentium III Machine with IIS
installed on it. I will also need Jaguar loaded and PowerDynamo. Because
of the potential hit rate I was told to use Adaptive Server Enterprise
rather than Adaptive Server Anywhere. Can someone confirm if this is
correct. If it is, am I going to have to do some serious reworking of my
ASA database?
Or can I get away with just using ASA or am I gong to have to use ASE?

Any help as always gratefully received.

Davlon


Carson Hager[Team Sybase] Posted on 2000-03-16 19:48:21.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver
From: chager@dyn-data.com (Carson Hager[Team Sybase])
Subject: Re: Question on Going live with site and ASE
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 19:48:21 GMT
Organization: Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc.
X-Newsreader: Forte Free Agent 1.21/32.243
Lines: 45
NNTP-Posting-Host: charon.lifescape.com 63.86.26.130
Message-ID: <347_38d13a2c.8869673@forums.sybase.com>
References: <347_38D0B168.B539BFFA@hotmail.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.easerver:26265
Article PK: 156931

Try out ASA with a load testing tool before making that jump. We've
ASA handle sizeable loads before. What kind of usage are you looking
at?


Carson

___________________________________________________________

Carson Hager
Team Sybase
Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc.
Enterprise Application Studio 3.0 Consulting and Training
http://www.dyn-data.com

DDS is now hiring EAServer consultants
to support its exploding EAServer business!
Please submit your resume to
hr@dyn-data.com!


On Thu, 16 Mar 2000 10:03:20 +0000, ^*^GothicCastle^*^

<^*^GothicCastle^*^@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>OK, I have 6 weeks until the big launch when the fruits of my labour
>(and not forgetting all the help I have got from you guys and
>girls(thanks Sam) :)) are put on the web for all to laugh at....sorry
>that should read look at <g>.
>
>Here's the question I have a dual 600Mhz Pentium III Machine with IIS
>installed on it. I will also need Jaguar loaded and PowerDynamo. Because
>of the potential hit rate I was told to use Adaptive Server Enterprise
>rather than Adaptive Server Anywhere. Can someone confirm if this is
>correct. If it is, am I going to have to do some serious reworking of my
>ASA database?
>Or can I get away with just using ASA or am I gong to have to use ASE?
>
>Any help as always gratefully received.
>
>Davlon
>

___________________________________________________________

Carson Hager
Team Sybase
Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc.
Enterprise Application Studio 3.0 Consulting and Training

DDS Enterprise Application Framework
Available Now as Open Source!
http://www.dyn-data.com


^*^GothicCastle^*^ Posted on 2000-03-17 09:14:31.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 09:14:31 +0000
From: ^*^GothicCastle^*^ <^*^GothicCastle^*^@hotmail.com>
X-Mailer: Mozilla 4.7 [en] (Win98; I)
X-Accept-Language: en
MIME-Version: 1.0
Subject: Re: Question on Going live with site and ASE
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Lines: 63
NNTP-Posting-Host: du-004-0074.freeuk.com 212.126.149.74
Message-ID: <347_38D1F776.CFB51A2D@hotmail.com>
References: <347_38D0B168.B539BFFA@hotmail.com> <347_38d13a2c.8869673@forums.sybase.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.easerver:26225
Article PK: 156891

Carson,

I've built an on-line booking/property reservations engine which could have 1
hit a day or 1000+ hits a day I just can't tell. I know that we will be
releasing it 'quietly' for a couple of months to registered customers. So my
guess is that for the first few months hit rate will be only a few hundred a
day if that.

You mentioned a 'load testing tool' can you tell me what this would be, and
what sort of implementation I would be looking at. Bear in mind that we will
be going live in 6 weeks.

Any further pointers gratefully received

Davlon

"Carson Hager[Team Sybase]" wrote:

> Try out ASA with a load testing tool before making that jump. We've
> ASA handle sizeable loads before. What kind of usage are you looking
> at?
>
> Carson
>
> ___________________________________________________________
>
> Carson Hager
> Team Sybase
> Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc.
> Enterprise Application Studio 3.0 Consulting and Training
> http://www.dyn-data.com
>
> DDS is now hiring EAServer consultants
> to support its exploding EAServer business!
> Please submit your resume to
> hr@dyn-data.com!
>
> On Thu, 16 Mar 2000 10:03:20 +0000, ^*^GothicCastle^*^
> <^*^GothicCastle^*^@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >OK, I have 6 weeks until the big launch when the fruits of my labour
> >(and not forgetting all the help I have got from you guys and
> >girls(thanks Sam) :)) are put on the web for all to laugh at....sorry
> >that should read look at <g>.
> >
> >Here's the question I have a dual 600Mhz Pentium III Machine with IIS
> >installed on it. I will also need Jaguar loaded and PowerDynamo. Because
> >of the potential hit rate I was told to use Adaptive Server Enterprise
> >rather than Adaptive Server Anywhere. Can someone confirm if this is
> >correct. If it is, am I going to have to do some serious reworking of my
> >ASA database?
> >Or can I get away with just using ASA or am I gong to have to use ASE?
> >
> >Any help as always gratefully received.
> >
> >Davlon
> >
>
> ___________________________________________________________
>
> Carson Hager
> Team Sybase
> Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc.
> Enterprise Application Studio 3.0 Consulting and Training
>
> DDS Enterprise Application Framework
> Available Now as Open Source!
> http://www.dyn-data.com


Carson Hager[Team Sybase] Posted on 2000-03-20 17:22:40.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver
From: chager@dyn-data.com (Carson Hager[Team Sybase])
Subject: Re: Question on Going live with site and ASE
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 17:22:40 GMT
Organization: Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc.
X-Newsreader: Forte Free Agent 1.21/32.243
Lines: 91
NNTP-Posting-Host: charon.lifescape.com 63.86.26.130
Message-ID: <347_38d65e37.2291164@forums.sybase.com>
References: <347_38D0B168.B539BFFA@hotmail.com> <347_38d13a2c.8869673@forums.sybase.com> <347_38D1F776.CFB51A2D@hotmail.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.easerver:26085
Article PK: 156089

ASA could handle that in its sleep. As for load testing, you could
use the ServletKiller that Dave mentions or you could go out and spend
a ton of money on something like LoadRunner.


Carson

___________________________________________________________

Carson Hager
Team Sybase
Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc.
Enterprise Application Studio 3.0 Consulting and Training
http://www.dyn-data.com

DDS is now hiring EAServer consultants
to support its exploding EAServer business!
Please submit your resume to
hr@dyn-data.com!


On Fri, 17 Mar 2000 09:14:31 +0000, ^*^GothicCastle^*^

<^*^GothicCastle^*^@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Carson,
>
>I've built an on-line booking/property reservations engine which could have 1
>hit a day or 1000+ hits a day I just can't tell. I know that we will be
>releasing it 'quietly' for a couple of months to registered customers. So my
>guess is that for the first few months hit rate will be only a few hundred a
>day if that.
>
>You mentioned a 'load testing tool' can you tell me what this would be, and
>what sort of implementation I would be looking at. Bear in mind that we will
>be going live in 6 weeks.
>
>Any further pointers gratefully received
>
>Davlon
>
>"Carson Hager[Team Sybase]" wrote:
>
>> Try out ASA with a load testing tool before making that jump. We've
>> ASA handle sizeable loads before. What kind of usage are you looking
>> at?
>>
>> Carson
>>
>> ___________________________________________________________
>>
>> Carson Hager
>> Team Sybase
>> Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc.
>> Enterprise Application Studio 3.0 Consulting and Training
>> http://www.dyn-data.com
>>
>> DDS is now hiring EAServer consultants
>> to support its exploding EAServer business!
>> Please submit your resume to
>> hr@dyn-data.com!
>>
>> On Thu, 16 Mar 2000 10:03:20 +0000, ^*^GothicCastle^*^
>> <^*^GothicCastle^*^@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Hi,
>> >OK, I have 6 weeks until the big launch when the fruits of my labour
>> >(and not forgetting all the help I have got from you guys and
>> >girls(thanks Sam) :)) are put on the web for all to laugh at....sorry
>> >that should read look at <g>.
>> >
>> >Here's the question I have a dual 600Mhz Pentium III Machine with IIS
>> >installed on it. I will also need Jaguar loaded and PowerDynamo. Because
>> >of the potential hit rate I was told to use Adaptive Server Enterprise
>> >rather than Adaptive Server Anywhere. Can someone confirm if this is
>> >correct. If it is, am I going to have to do some serious reworking of my
>> >ASA database?
>> >Or can I get away with just using ASA or am I gong to have to use ASE?
>> >
>> >Any help as always gratefully received.
>> >
>> >Davlon
>> >
>>
>> ___________________________________________________________
>>
>> Carson Hager
>> Team Sybase
>> Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc.
>> Enterprise Application Studio 3.0 Consulting and Training
>>
>> DDS Enterprise Application Framework
>> Available Now as Open Source!
>> http://www.dyn-data.com
>

___________________________________________________________

Carson Hager
Team Sybase
Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc.
Enterprise Application Studio 3.0 Consulting and Training

DDS Enterprise Application Framework
Available Now as Open Source!
http://www.dyn-data.com


Dave Wolf [Sybase] Posted on 2000-03-19 07:51:53.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver
From: "Dave Wolf [Sybase]" <dwolf@sybase.com>
Subject: Re: Question on Going live with site and ASE
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2000 02:51:53 -0500
Lines: 87
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 5.00.2919.6600
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.00.2919.6600
NNTP-Posting-Host: vpn-eme-010.sybase.com 130.214.8.10
Message-ID: <347_hY5DZiXk$GA.202@forums.sybase.com>
References: <347_38D0B168.B539BFFA@hotmail.com> <347_38d13a2c.8869673@forums.sybase.com> <347_38D1F776.CFB51A2D@hotmail.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.easerver:26120
Article PK: 156799

See the "servlet killer" from JavaSoft. Just go to http://java.sun.com.
Its a simple Java program that spawns threads to bang on a web page.

Dave Wolf
Internet Applications Division

"^*^GothicCastle^*^" <^*^GothicCastle^*^@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:38D1F776.CFB51A2D@hotmail.com...
> Carson,
>
> I've built an on-line booking/property reservations engine which could
have 1
> hit a day or 1000+ hits a day I just can't tell. I know that we will be
> releasing it 'quietly' for a couple of months to registered customers. So
my
> guess is that for the first few months hit rate will be only a few hundred
a
> day if that.
>
> You mentioned a 'load testing tool' can you tell me what this would be,
and
> what sort of implementation I would be looking at. Bear in mind that we
will
> be going live in 6 weeks.
>
> Any further pointers gratefully received
>
> Davlon
>
> "Carson Hager[Team Sybase]" wrote:
>
> > Try out ASA with a load testing tool before making that jump. We've
> > ASA handle sizeable loads before. What kind of usage are you looking
> > at?
> >
> > Carson
> >
> > ___________________________________________________________
> >
> > Carson Hager
> > Team Sybase
> > Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc.
> > Enterprise Application Studio 3.0 Consulting and Training
> > http://www.dyn-data.com
> >
> > DDS is now hiring EAServer consultants
> > to support its exploding EAServer business!
> > Please submit your resume to
> > hr@dyn-data.com!
> >
> > On Thu, 16 Mar 2000 10:03:20 +0000, ^*^GothicCastle^*^
> > <^*^GothicCastle^*^@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > >Hi,
> > >OK, I have 6 weeks until the big launch when the fruits of my labour
> > >(and not forgetting all the help I have got from you guys and
> > >girls(thanks Sam) :)) are put on the web for all to laugh at....sorry
> > >that should read look at <g>.
> > >
> > >Here's the question I have a dual 600Mhz Pentium III Machine with IIS
> > >installed on it. I will also need Jaguar loaded and PowerDynamo.
Because
> > >of the potential hit rate I was told to use Adaptive Server Enterprise
> > >rather than Adaptive Server Anywhere. Can someone confirm if this is
> > >correct. If it is, am I going to have to do some serious reworking of
my
> > >ASA database?
> > >Or can I get away with just using ASA or am I gong to have to use ASE?
> > >
> > >Any help as always gratefully received.
> > >
> > >Davlon
> > >
> >
> > ___________________________________________________________
> >
> > Carson Hager
> > Team Sybase
> > Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc.
> > Enterprise Application Studio 3.0 Consulting and Training
> >
> > DDS Enterprise Application Framework
> > Available Now as Open Source!
> > http://www.dyn-data.com
>


Dave Wolf [Sybase] Posted on 2000-03-16 12:48:49.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver
From: "Dave Wolf [Sybase]" <dwolf@sybase.com>
Subject: Re: Question on Going live with site and ASE
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 07:48:49 -0500
Lines: 35
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 5.00.2919.6600
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.00.2919.6600
NNTP-Posting-Host: vpn-eme-022.sybase.com 130.214.8.22
Message-ID: <347_TNTpQa0j$GA.285@forums.sybase.com>
References: <347_38D0B168.B539BFFA@hotmail.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.easerver:26307
Article PK: 156975

Davlon,

The best advice I can give you is to try it out. There are alot of good web
stress testing tools. JavaSoft's servlet killer is free. In any case test
it out, and understand if the load is too big, you can make changes once its
deployed.

My experience has always been the bottle necks are in the web server itself
or the cod, not in the database.

Dave Wolf
Internet Applications Division

"^*^GothicCastle^*^" <^*^GothicCastle^*^@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:38D0B168.B539BFFA@hotmail.com...
> Hi,
> OK, I have 6 weeks until the big launch when the fruits of my labour
> (and not forgetting all the help I have got from you guys and
> girls(thanks Sam) :)) are put on the web for all to laugh at....sorry
> that should read look at <g>.
>
> Here's the question I have a dual 600Mhz Pentium III Machine with IIS
> installed on it. I will also need Jaguar loaded and PowerDynamo. Because
> of the potential hit rate I was told to use Adaptive Server Enterprise
> rather than Adaptive Server Anywhere. Can someone confirm if this is
> correct. If it is, am I going to have to do some serious reworking of my
> ASA database?
> Or can I get away with just using ASA or am I gong to have to use ASE?
>
> Any help as always gratefully received.
>
> Davlon
>


Paul Horan Posted on 2000-03-16 21:29:55.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver
Reply-To: "Paul Horan" <paulh@SpamBakedBeansandSpamTwoplus.com>
From: "Paul Horan" <paulh@SpamBakedBeansandSpamTwoplus.com>
Subject: Re: Question on Going live with site and ASE
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 16:29:55 -0500
Lines: 47
Organization: Video Communications, Inc.
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 5.00.2919.6600
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.00.2919.6600
NNTP-Posting-Host: vcias3.twoplus.com 205.181.231.130
Message-ID: <347_hJQQB$4j$GA.201@forums.sybase.com>
References: <347_38D0B168.B539BFFA@hotmail.com> <347_TNTpQa0j$GA.285@forums.sybase.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.easerver:26246
Article PK: 156915

I've seen bottlenecks in a halibut or trout, but never a cod... <G>

Paul Horan

"Dave Wolf [Sybase]" <dwolf@sybase.com> wrote in message
news:TNTpQa0j$GA.285@forums.sybase.com...
> Davlon,
>
> The best advice I can give you is to try it out. There are alot of good
web
> stress testing tools. JavaSoft's servlet killer is free. In any case
test
> it out, and understand if the load is too big, you can make changes once
its
> deployed.
>
> My experience has always been the bottle necks are in the web server
itself
> or the cod, not in the database.
>
> Dave Wolf
> Internet Applications Division
>
> "^*^GothicCastle^*^" <^*^GothicCastle^*^@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:38D0B168.B539BFFA@hotmail.com...
> > Hi,
> > OK, I have 6 weeks until the big launch when the fruits of my labour
> > (and not forgetting all the help I have got from you guys and
> > girls(thanks Sam) :)) are put on the web for all to laugh at....sorry
> > that should read look at <g>.
> >
> > Here's the question I have a dual 600Mhz Pentium III Machine with IIS
> > installed on it. I will also need Jaguar loaded and PowerDynamo. Because
> > of the potential hit rate I was told to use Adaptive Server Enterprise
> > rather than Adaptive Server Anywhere. Can someone confirm if this is
> > correct. If it is, am I going to have to do some serious reworking of my
> > ASA database?
> > Or can I get away with just using ASA or am I gong to have to use ASE?
> >
> > Any help as always gratefully received.
> >
> > Davlon
> >
>
>


bobby Posted on 2000-03-17 15:25:24.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver
From: "bobby" <brosenberger@genam.com>
Subject: Re: Question on Going live with site and ASE
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 09:25:24 -0600
Lines: 55
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 5.00.2314.1300
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.00.2314.1300
NNTP-Posting-Host: general.american.genam.com 208.209.229.251
Message-ID: <347_NP8YGYCk$GA.151@forums.sybase.com>
References: <347_38D0B168.B539BFFA@hotmail.com> <347_TNTpQa0j$GA.285@forums.sybase.com> <347_hJQQB$4j$GA.201@forums.sybase.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.easerver:26203
Article PK: 156871

Ba-dum-bum!

Paul Horan <paulh@SpamBakedBeansandSpamTwoplus.com> wrote in message
news:hJQQB$4j$GA.201@forums.sybase.com...
> I've seen bottlenecks in a halibut or trout, but never a cod... <G>
>
> Paul Horan
>
> "Dave Wolf [Sybase]" <dwolf@sybase.com> wrote in message
> news:TNTpQa0j$GA.285@forums.sybase.com...
> > Davlon,
> >
> > The best advice I can give you is to try it out. There are alot of good
> web
> > stress testing tools. JavaSoft's servlet killer is free. In any case
> test
> > it out, and understand if the load is too big, you can make changes once
> its
> > deployed.
> >
> > My experience has always been the bottle necks are in the web server
> itself
> > or the cod, not in the database.
> >
> > Dave Wolf
> > Internet Applications Division
> >
> > "^*^GothicCastle^*^" <^*^GothicCastle^*^@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > news:38D0B168.B539BFFA@hotmail.com...
> > > Hi,
> > > OK, I have 6 weeks until the big launch when the fruits of my labour
> > > (and not forgetting all the help I have got from you guys and
> > > girls(thanks Sam) :)) are put on the web for all to laugh at....sorry
> > > that should read look at <g>.
> > >
> > > Here's the question I have a dual 600Mhz Pentium III Machine with IIS
> > > installed on it. I will also need Jaguar loaded and PowerDynamo.
Because
> > > of the potential hit rate I was told to use Adaptive Server Enterprise
> > > rather than Adaptive Server Anywhere. Can someone confirm if this is
> > > correct. If it is, am I going to have to do some serious reworking of
my
> > > ASA database?
> > > Or can I get away with just using ASA or am I gong to have to use ASE?
> > >
> > > Any help as always gratefully received.
> > >
> > > Davlon
> > >
> >
> >
>
>


Lance Andersen Posted on 2000-03-16 12:45:42.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 07:45:42 -0500
From: Lance Andersen <lancea@sybase.com>
X-Mailer: Mozilla 4.72 [en] (X11; U; SunOS 5.7 sun4u)
X-Accept-Language: en
MIME-Version: 1.0
Subject: Re: Question on Going live with site and ASE
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Lines: 39
NNTP-Posting-Host: alder.sybase.com 157.133.125.15
Message-ID: <347_38D0D776.E6410EFD@sybase.com>
References: <347_38D0B168.B539BFFA@hotmail.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.easerver:26308
Article PK: 156977


^*^GothicCastle^*^ wrote:
>
> Hi,
> OK, I have 6 weeks until the big launch when the fruits of my labour
> (and not forgetting all the help I have got from you guys and
> girls(thanks Sam) :)) are put on the web for all to laugh at....sorry
> that should read look at <g>.
>
> Here's the question I have a dual 600Mhz Pentium III Machine with IIS
> installed on it. I will also need Jaguar loaded and PowerDynamo. Because
> of the potential hit rate I was told to use Adaptive Server Enterprise
> rather than Adaptive Server Anywhere. Can someone confirm if this is
> correct. If it is, am I going to have to do some serious reworking of my
> ASA database?
> Or can I get away with just using ASA or am I gong to have to use ASE?
>
> Any help as always gratefully received.
>
> Davlon

Depending on the number of Connections from Jaguar and/or PowerDynamo,
you could see better scaling from ASE.

As far as converting from ASA to ASE there is a section in the ASA docs
which discusses the differences. You will have some work to do. How
much depends on your application.

Lance
--
===============================================================================
Lance J. Andersen Email: lancea@sybase.com
Sybase Product Support Engineering Phone:(781) 564-6336
77 South Bedford Street Fax: (781) 564-7001
Burlington, MA 01803

The Dark Knight Returns!!! Let's Go Penguins!!!
===============================================================================