Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

Max IIOP connections reached on Enterprise edition

8 posts in General Discussion (old) Last posting was on 2000-03-27 22:56:12.0Z
Steve Fennessey Posted on 2000-03-27 15:20:13.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 09:20:13 -0600
From: Steve Fennessey <fennessm@maritz.com>
X-Mailer: Mozilla 4.72 [en] (WinNT; U)
X-Accept-Language: en
MIME-Version: 1.0
Subject: Max IIOP connections reached on Enterprise edition
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Lines: 8
NNTP-Posting-Host: maritzfw01.maritz.com 207.239.112.18
Message-ID: <347_38DF7C2D.BC50393E@maritz.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.easerver:25658
Article PK: 155724

I am getting an error message in the srv.log that says max connections
reached
contact Sybase for upgrade. I have the enterprise edition with
production license
so can anyone tell me why I am getting this error message that limits my
connections
and how to correct the problem.

Thanks,
Steve


Scott McReynolds [Sybase] Posted on 2000-03-27 15:24:18.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver
From: "Scott McReynolds [Sybase]" <scottmc@sybase.com>
Subject: Re: Max IIOP connections reached on Enterprise edition
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 08:24:18 -0700
Lines: 22
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 5.00.2919.6600
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.00.2919.6600
NNTP-Posting-Host: scottmc-lpt.sybase.com 157.133.56.40
Message-ID: <347_vLb64EAm$GA.201@forums.sybase.com>
References: <347_38DF7C2D.BC50393E@maritz.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.easerver:25657
Article PK: 155720

Steve,

When the server starts we print on the console what version you are running.
what does that say?

Scott

"Steve Fennessey" <fennessm@maritz.com> wrote in message
news:38DF7C2D.BC50393E@maritz.com...
> I am getting an error message in the srv.log that says max connections
> reached
> contact Sybase for upgrade. I have the enterprise edition with
> production license
> so can anyone tell me why I am getting this error message that limits my
> connections
> and how to correct the problem.
>
> Thanks,
> Steve
>


Steve Fennessey Posted on 2000-03-27 15:28:37.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 09:28:37 -0600
From: Steve Fennessey <fennessm@maritz.com>
X-Mailer: Mozilla 4.72 [en] (WinNT; U)
X-Accept-Language: en
MIME-Version: 1.0
Subject: Re: Max IIOP connections reached on Enterprise edition
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Lines: 19
NNTP-Posting-Host: maritzfw01.maritz.com 207.239.112.18
Message-ID: <347_38DF7E25.8FB04674@maritz.com>
References: <347_38DF7C2D.BC50393E@maritz.com> <347_vLb64EAm$GA.201@forums.sybase.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.easerver:25656
Article PK: 155719

Scott,
You are right it says Developer version. What do I need to do to correct
the problem reinstall Jaguar 3.5?
Steve

"Scott McReynolds [Sybase]" wrote:

> Steve,
>
> When the server starts we print on the console what version you are running.
> what does that say?
>
> Scott
>
> "Steve Fennessey" <fennessm@maritz.com> wrote in message
> news:38DF7C2D.BC50393E@maritz.com...
> > I am getting an error message in the srv.log that says max connections
> > reached
> > contact Sybase for upgrade. I have the enterprise edition with
> > production license
> > so can anyone tell me why I am getting this error message that limits my
> > connections
> > and how to correct the problem.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Steve
> >


Mark J. Pfeifer Posted on 2000-03-27 15:53:15.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver
From: "Mark J. Pfeifer" <see_msg@sprynet.com>
Organization: 209.19.4.1
X-Newsreader: AspNNTP 1.41 (Advent 2000, Inc.)
Subject: Re: Max IIOP connections reached on Enterprise edition
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 10:53:15 -0500
Lines: 16
NNTP-Posting-Host: 207.156.232.4
Message-ID: <347_GoBBQSAm$GA.285@forums.sybase.com>
References: <347_38DF7C2D.BC50393E@maritz.com> <347_vLb64EAm$GA.201@forums.sybase.com> <347_38DF7E25.8FB04674@maritz.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.easerver:25650
Article PK: 155714

On Mon, 27 Mar 2000 09:28:37 -0600,
in powersoft.public.easerver

Steve Fennessey <fennessm@maritz.com> wrote:
>Scott,
>You are right it says Developer version. What do I need to do to correct
>the problem reinstall Jaguar 3.5?
>Steve

Steve -

Make sure when you install the production environment it asks you for the
license code. You should have received a card with the authentication code
(different then a cd key) when you got the enterprise license. This is the key
to the install or else it defaults to the developer edition.

Mark
TeamSybase



Corporate Technology Partners, Inc.
www.ctpartners.com


Steve Fennessey Posted on 2000-03-27 15:49:37.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 09:49:37 -0600
From: Steve Fennessey <fennessm@maritz.com>
X-Mailer: Mozilla 4.72 [en] (WinNT; U)
X-Accept-Language: en
MIME-Version: 1.0
Subject: Re: Max IIOP connections reached on Enterprise edition
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Lines: 22
NNTP-Posting-Host: maritzfw01.maritz.com 207.239.112.18
Message-ID: <347_38DF8310.E982904B@maritz.com>
References: <347_38DF7C2D.BC50393E@maritz.com> <347_vLb64EAm$GA.201@forums.sybase.com> <347_38DF7E25.8FB04674@maritz.com> <347_GoBBQSAm$GA.285@forums.sybase.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.easerver:25648
Article PK: 155710

Mark,
So I do have to reinstall the deployment version?
What files do I need to make copies of so that I
don't have to reinstall everything?
Steve

"Mark J. Pfeifer" wrote:

> On Mon, 27 Mar 2000 09:28:37 -0600,
> in powersoft.public.easerver
> Steve Fennessey <fennessm@maritz.com> wrote:
> >Scott,
> >You are right it says Developer version. What do I need to do to correct
> >the problem reinstall Jaguar 3.5?
> >Steve
>
> Steve -
>
> Make sure when you install the production environment it asks you for the
> license code. You should have received a card with the authentication code
> (different then a cd key) when you got the enterprise license. This is the key
> to the install or else it defaults to the developer edition.
>
> Mark
> TeamSybase
>
> Corporate Technology Partners, Inc.
> www.ctpartners.com


Mark J. Pfeifer Posted on 2000-03-27 22:56:12.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver
From: "Mark J. Pfeifer" <see_msg@sprynet.com>
Organization: 209.19.4.1
X-Newsreader: AspNNTP 1.41 (Advent 2000, Inc.)
Subject: Re: Max IIOP connections reached on Enterprise edition
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 17:56:12 -0500
Lines: 20
NNTP-Posting-Host: 207.156.232.4
Message-ID: <347_Yw0Lm#Dm$GA.290@forums.sybase.com>
References: <347_38DF7C2D.BC50393E@maritz.com> <347_vLb64EAm$GA.201@forums.sybase.com> <347_38DF7E25.8FB04674@maritz.com> <347_GoBBQSAm$GA.285@forums.sybase.com> <347_38DF8310.E982904B@maritz.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.easerver:25570
Article PK: 155644

On Mon, 27 Mar 2000 09:49:37 -0600,
in powersoft.public.easerver

Steve Fennessey <fennessm@maritz.com> wrote:
>Mark,
>So I do have to reinstall the deployment version?
>What files do I need to make copies of so that I
>don't have to reinstall everything?

On a current client we had the development license and then ran the setup for
the deployment license. The first thing that came up was the question about the
product/authentication key and then it stopped. So you should be alright. But if
you do want to back up - save the bin, client, devbin, dll, html, include, lib,
java, repository directories. This will get everything you might need to
restore.

HTH
Mark

---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==---
http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp


Carson Hager[Team Sybase] Posted on 2000-03-27 17:59:37.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver
From: chager@dyn-data.com (Carson Hager[Team Sybase])
Subject: Re: Max IIOP connections reached on Enterprise edition
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 17:59:37 GMT
Organization: Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc.
X-Newsreader: Forte Free Agent 1.21/32.243
Lines: 47
NNTP-Posting-Host: charon.lifescape.com 63.86.26.130
Message-ID: <347_38dfa16d.64716357@forums.sybase.com>
References: <347_38DF7C2D.BC50393E@maritz.com> <347_vLb64EAm$GA.201@forums.sybase.com> <347_38DF7E25.8FB04674@maritz.com> <347_GoBBQSAm$GA.285@forums.sybase.com> <347_38DF8310.E982904B@maritz.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.easerver:25631
Article PK: 155695

Yes you do. Just make a copy of your repository directory and
afconfig.dat. That should do the trick.


Carson

___________________________________________________________

Carson Hager
Team Sybase
Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc.
Enterprise Application Studio 3.0 Consulting and Training
http://www.dyn-data.com

DDS is now hiring EAServer consultants
to support its exploding EAServer business!
Please submit your resume to
hr@dyn-data.com!


On Mon, 27 Mar 2000 09:49:37 -0600, Steve Fennessey

<fennessm@maritz.com> wrote:

>Mark,
>So I do have to reinstall the deployment version?
>What files do I need to make copies of so that I
>don't have to reinstall everything?
>Steve
>
>"Mark J. Pfeifer" wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 27 Mar 2000 09:28:37 -0600,
>> in powersoft.public.easerver
>> Steve Fennessey <fennessm@maritz.com> wrote:
>> >Scott,
>> >You are right it says Developer version. What do I need to do to correct
>> >the problem reinstall Jaguar 3.5?
>> >Steve
>>
>> Steve -
>>
>> Make sure when you install the production environment it asks you for the
>> license code. You should have received a card with the authentication code
>> (different then a cd key) when you got the enterprise license. This is the key
>> to the install or else it defaults to the developer edition.
>>
>> Mark
>> TeamSybase
>>
>> Corporate Technology Partners, Inc.
>> www.ctpartners.com
>

___________________________________________________________

Carson Hager
Team Sybase
Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc.
Enterprise Application Studio 3.0 Consulting and Training

DDS Enterprise Application Framework
Available Now as Open Source!
http://www.dyn-data.com


Steve Fennessey Posted on 2000-03-27 17:14:05.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 11:14:05 -0600
From: Steve Fennessey <fennessm@maritz.com>
X-Mailer: Mozilla 4.72 [en] (WinNT; U)
X-Accept-Language: en
MIME-Version: 1.0
Subject: Re: Max IIOP connections reached on Enterprise edition
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Lines: 51
NNTP-Posting-Host: maritzfw01.maritz.com 207.239.112.18
Message-ID: <347_38DF96DD.397D2DF0@maritz.com>
References: <347_38DF7C2D.BC50393E@maritz.com> <347_vLb64EAm$GA.201@forums.sybase.com> <347_38DF7E25.8FB04674@maritz.com> <347_GoBBQSAm$GA.285@forums.sybase.com> <347_38DF8310.E982904B@maritz.com> <347_38dfa16d.64716357@forums.sybase.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.easerver:25622
Article PK: 155689

Thanks

"Carson Hager[Team Sybase]" wrote:

> Yes you do. Just make a copy of your repository directory and
> afconfig.dat. That should do the trick.
>
> Carson
>
> ___________________________________________________________
>
> Carson Hager
> Team Sybase
> Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc.
> Enterprise Application Studio 3.0 Consulting and Training
> http://www.dyn-data.com
>
> DDS is now hiring EAServer consultants
> to support its exploding EAServer business!
> Please submit your resume to
> hr@dyn-data.com!
>
> On Mon, 27 Mar 2000 09:49:37 -0600, Steve Fennessey
> <fennessm@maritz.com> wrote:
>
> >Mark,
> >So I do have to reinstall the deployment version?
> >What files do I need to make copies of so that I
> >don't have to reinstall everything?
> >Steve
> >
> >"Mark J. Pfeifer" wrote:
> >
> >> On Mon, 27 Mar 2000 09:28:37 -0600,
> >> in powersoft.public.easerver
> >> Steve Fennessey <fennessm@maritz.com> wrote:
> >> >Scott,
> >> >You are right it says Developer version. What do I need to do to correct
> >> >the problem reinstall Jaguar 3.5?
> >> >Steve
> >>
> >> Steve -
> >>
> >> Make sure when you install the production environment it asks you for the
> >> license code. You should have received a card with the authentication code
> >> (different then a cd key) when you got the enterprise license. This is the key
> >> to the install or else it defaults to the developer edition.
> >>
> >> Mark
> >> TeamSybase
> >>
> >> Corporate Technology Partners, Inc.
> >> www.ctpartners.com
> >
>
> ___________________________________________________________
>
> Carson Hager
> Team Sybase
> Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc.
> Enterprise Application Studio 3.0 Consulting and Training
>
> DDS Enterprise Application Framework
> Available Now as Open Source!
> http://www.dyn-data.com