Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

Unexpected Jaguar server log messages

4 posts in General Discussion (old) Last posting was on 2000-02-17 08:09:00.0Z
Per Gunnarsson Posted on 2000-02-16 08:14:57.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver
From: "Per Gunnarsson" <erappgn@era.ericsson.se>
Organization: 194.237.142.13
X-Newsreader: AspNNTP 1.41 (Advent 2000, Inc.)
Subject: Unexpected Jaguar server log messages
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 03:14:57 -0500
Lines: 17
NNTP-Posting-Host: 207.156.232.4
Message-ID: <347_5ZFXpXFe$GA.223@forums.sybase.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.easerver:28594
Article PK: 160733

Hello,

Using PB components that makes CreateInstance() of other PB components in the
same Jaguar package we get messages in the log file saying :

ORB_init option = ´NameServiceURL´ value = ´iiop://192.176.146.78:9000´ from
environment

Earlier question from Remus Eserblom got the answer that he needs to set the
naming service properties.
We have set the server naming service properties to "Enable as Name Serv=TRUE"
and the strategy is set to transient.

There is no difference if we use a NT or Sun Solaris version of the Jaguar
Server.

Why do we get the message and how can we get rid of it ?

Per Gunnarsson


Ola Gunnars Posted on 2000-02-17 08:09:00.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver
From: "Ola Gunnars" <gunnars@sybase.com>
Subject: Re: Unexpected Jaguar server log messages
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 09:09:00 +0100
Lines: 29
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 5.00.2919.6700
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.00.2919.6700
NNTP-Posting-Host: 158.76.4.168
Message-ID: <347_e98EC6Re$GA.332@forums.sybase.com>
References: <347_5ZFXpXFe$GA.223@forums.sybase.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.easerver:28525
Article PK: 160674

Hello Per Hur mår du ?

"Per Gunnarsson" <erappgn@era.ericsson.se> wrote in message
news:5ZFXpXFe$GA.223@forums.sybase.com...
> Hello,
>
> Using PB components that makes CreateInstance() of other PB components in
the
> same Jaguar package we get messages in the log file saying :
>
> ORB_init option = ´NameServiceURL´ value = ´iiop://192.176.146.78:9000´
from
> environment
>
> Earlier question from Remus Eserblom got the answer that he needs to set
the
> naming service properties.
> We have set the server naming service properties to "Enable as Name
Serv=TRUE"
> and the strategy is set to transient.
>
> There is no difference if we use a NT or Sun Solaris version of the Jaguar
> Server.
>
> Why do we get the message and how can we get rid of it ?
>
> Per Gunnarsson


Dave Wolf [Sybase] Posted on 2000-02-16 12:34:46.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver
From: "Dave Wolf [Sybase]" <dwolf@sybase.com>
Subject: Re: Unexpected Jaguar server log messages
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 07:34:46 -0500
Lines: 35
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 5.00.2314.1300
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.00.2314.1300
NNTP-Posting-Host: 158.159.8.18
Message-ID: <347_xRXg0qHe$GA.324@forums.sybase.com>
References: <347_5ZFXpXFe$GA.223@forums.sybase.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.easerver:28586
Article PK: 160727

The message is simply a debug message we are writing to the log. People
have complained they do not like it. I have suggested people open a support
cae to ask that we do not write it to the log anymore. There is no harm in
this message, it can be safely ignored.

Dave Wolf
Internet Applications Division

Per Gunnarsson <erappgn@era.ericsson.se> wrote in message
news:5ZFXpXFe$GA.223@forums.sybase.com...
> Hello,
>
> Using PB components that makes CreateInstance() of other PB components in
the
> same Jaguar package we get messages in the log file saying :
>
> ORB_init option = ´NameServiceURL´ value = ´iiop://192.176.146.78:9000´
from
> environment
>
> Earlier question from Remus Eserblom got the answer that he needs to set
the
> naming service properties.
> We have set the server naming service properties to "Enable as Name
Serv=TRUE"
> and the strategy is set to transient.
>
> There is no difference if we use a NT or Sun Solaris version of the Jaguar
> Server.
>
> Why do we get the message and how can we get rid of it ?
>
> Per Gunnarsson


Evan Ireland Posted on 2000-02-16 20:24:38.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 09:24:38 +1300
From: Evan Ireland <eireland@sybase.com>
Organization: Sybase, Inc.
X-Mailer: Mozilla 4.7 [en] (WinNT; U)
X-Accept-Language: en
MIME-Version: 1.0
To: "Dave Wolf [Sybase]" <dwolf@sybase.com>
Subject: Re: Unexpected Jaguar server log messages
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Lines: 39
NNTP-Posting-Host: 130.214.8.61
Message-ID: <347_38AB0786.9AAAB042@sybase.com>
References: <347_5ZFXpXFe$GA.223@forums.sybase.com> <347_xRXg0qHe$GA.324@forums.sybase.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.easerver:28546
Article PK: 154684


"Dave Wolf [Sybase]" wrote:
>
> The message is simply a debug message we are writing to the log. People
> have complained they do not like it. I have suggested people open a support
> cae to ask that we do not write it to the log anymore. There is no harm in
> this message, it can be safely ignored.

Did anyone open a case? If nobody does it will probably never get fixed!

> Dave Wolf
> Internet Applications Division
>
> Per Gunnarsson <erappgn@era.ericsson.se> wrote in message
> news:5ZFXpXFe$GA.223@forums.sybase.com...
> > Hello,
> >
> > Using PB components that makes CreateInstance() of other PB components in
> the
> > same Jaguar package we get messages in the log file saying :
> >
> > ORB_init option = ´NameServiceURL´ value = ´iiop://192.176.146.78:9000´
> from
> > environment
> >
> > Earlier question from Remus Eserblom got the answer that he needs to set
> the
> > naming service properties.
> > We have set the server naming service properties to "Enable as Name
> Serv=TRUE"
> > and the strategy is set to transient.
> >
> > There is no difference if we use a NT or Sun Solaris version of the Jaguar
> > Server.
> >
> > Why do we get the message and how can we get rid of it ?
> >
> > Per Gunnarsson

--
________________________________________________________________________________

Evan Ireland Sybase EA Server Engineering eireland@sybase.com
Wellington - New Zealand +64 4 934-5856