Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

Help - Transaction was marked ABORTONLY

7 posts in General Discussion (old) Last posting was on 2000-03-20 16:14:17.0Z
Tom Schartman Posted on 2000-03-17 21:20:27.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver
Reply-To: "Tom Schartman" <tomschartman@prestigetech.com>
From: "Tom Schartman" <tomschartman@prestigetech.com>
Subject: Help - Transaction was marked ABORTONLY
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 16:20:27 -0500
Lines: 24
Organization: Prestige
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 5.00.2615.200
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.00.2615.200
NNTP-Posting-Host: 206.239.190.172
Message-ID: <347_6zecXdFk$GA.261@forums.sybase.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.easerver:26158
Article PK: 156834

EA Studio 3.5
Receiving the following error during the datawindow update event (using
default update button in dw):

Error from update event in ActiveX HTML Datawindow DTC (Internet Explorer
5.0):
ERROR: Action Failed = -1
***************************
ERROR: On component call 'Generate' = 'Exception thrown:
org.omg.CORBA.TRANSACTION_ROLLEDBACK: in method Generate of class
DataWindow/_st_HTMLGenerator. '


Jaguar SRV.LOG:

Mar 17 15:29:37 2000: AFLIB Message: 18209/11/0: Transaction::Commit():
Transaction was marked ABORTONLY - Aborting!


Any ideas would be appreciated...
Tom Schartman


Carson Hager[Team Sybase] Posted on 2000-03-19 18:05:27.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver
From: chager@dyn-data.com (Carson Hager[Team Sybase])
Subject: Re: Help - Transaction was marked ABORTONLY
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2000 18:05:27 GMT
Organization: Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc.
X-Newsreader: Forte Free Agent 1.21/32.243
Lines: 50
NNTP-Posting-Host: user-33qs0hq.dialup.mindspring.com 199.174.2.58
Message-ID: <347_38d51655.2535225@forums.sybase.com>
References: <347_6zecXdFk$GA.261@forums.sybase.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.easerver:26110
Article PK: 156112

All this means is that something issued a
TransactionServer.SetComplete() call but the transaction had already
been terminated, either by a SetAbort() call or an internal database
rollback such as primary key duplication, etc.

Given that this is the web datawindow, this is likely the
setComplete() that is found in the Generate() method being called
after a database-related rollback has occured. Have you populated all
of your primary/foreign keys?


Carson

___________________________________________________________

Carson Hager
Team Sybase
Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc.
Enterprise Application Studio 3.0 Consulting and Training
http://www.dyn-data.com

DDS is now hiring EAServer consultants
to support its exploding EAServer business!
Please submit your resume to
hr@dyn-data.com!


On Fri, 17 Mar 2000 16:20:27 -0500, "Tom Schartman"

<tomschartman@prestigetech.com> wrote:

>EA Studio 3.5
>Receiving the following error during the datawindow update event (using
>default update button in dw):
>
>Error from update event in ActiveX HTML Datawindow DTC (Internet Explorer
>5.0):
>ERROR: Action Failed = -1
>***************************
>ERROR: On component call 'Generate' = 'Exception thrown:
>org.omg.CORBA.TRANSACTION_ROLLEDBACK: in method Generate of class
>DataWindow/_st_HTMLGenerator. '
>
>
>Jaguar SRV.LOG:
>
>Mar 17 15:29:37 2000: AFLIB Message: 18209/11/0: Transaction::Commit():
>Transaction was marked ABORTONLY - Aborting!
>
>
>Any ideas would be appreciated...
>Tom Schartman
>
>
>

___________________________________________________________

Carson Hager
Team Sybase
Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc.
Enterprise Application Studio 3.0 Consulting and Training

DDS Enterprise Application Framework
Available Now as Open Source!
http://www.dyn-data.com


Tom Schartman Posted on 2000-03-20 14:29:54.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver
From: "Tom Schartman" <Tomschartman@prestigetech.com>
Subject: Re: Help - Transaction was marked ABORTONLY
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 09:29:54 -0500
Lines: 101
Organization: Prestige
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 5.00.2014.211
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.00.2014.211
NNTP-Posting-Host: 206.239.190.234
Message-ID: <347_q5ojFlnk$GA.298@forums.sybase.com>
References: <347_6zecXdFk$GA.261@forums.sybase.com> <347_38d51655.2535225@forums.sybase.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.easerver:26096
Article PK: 156101

The table contains a primary key, and is fully populated. The Powersite
Edit control did build a Generate(), but I don't see a setComplete().
Should this be added manually?

The datawindow does display properly in the browser, so this validates the
initial connection.
It bombs with the error upon update. I have other pages in the project that
are set up similarly that update properly.

Here is the code that is generated by the HTML DTC Datawindow control (using
Powersite):

<%
jagConn = new PSJaguarConnection("Devinet:9000", "jagadmin", "",
"DataWindow/HTMLGenerator", false);
dwSource = new
PSDataWindowSourceClass("D:/Development/Prestige/prestige.pbl",
"d_fer_edit");
dbConn = new
PSConnectionParmsClass("ConnectString='DSN=Prestige_SqlServer;SERVER=(local)
;APP=PowerSite
Enterprise;WSID=DEVINET;DATABASE=Prestige;UID=sa;PWD=skins',ConnectOption='S
QL_DRIVER_CONNECT,SQL_DRIVER_NOPROMPT'");
dwMine = new PSDataWindowClass("htmlDW", false, jagConn, dwSource, dbConn);
dwMine.RetrievalArgs[0] = psDocument.GetParam("FER_ID");
dwMine.RetrievalArgs[1] = psSession.GetValue("CSE_Num");
dwMine.Generate();
%>

Carson Hager[Team Sybase] <chager@dyn-data.com> wrote in message
news:38d51655.2535225@forums.sybase.com...
> All this means is that something issued a
> TransactionServer.SetComplete() call but the transaction had already
> been terminated, either by a SetAbort() call or an internal database
> rollback such as primary key duplication, etc.
>
> Given that this is the web datawindow, this is likely the
> setComplete() that is found in the Generate() method being called
> after a database-related rollback has occured. Have you populated all
> of your primary/foreign keys?
>
>
> Carson
>
> ___________________________________________________________
>
> Carson Hager
> Team Sybase
> Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc.
> Enterprise Application Studio 3.0 Consulting and Training
> http://www.dyn-data.com
>
> DDS is now hiring EAServer consultants
> to support its exploding EAServer business!
> Please submit your resume to
> hr@dyn-data.com!
>
>
> On Fri, 17 Mar 2000 16:20:27 -0500, "Tom Schartman"
> <tomschartman@prestigetech.com> wrote:
>
> >EA Studio 3.5
> >Receiving the following error during the datawindow update event (using
> >default update button in dw):
> >
> >Error from update event in ActiveX HTML Datawindow DTC (Internet
Explorer
> >5.0):
> >ERROR: Action Failed = -1
> >***************************
> >ERROR: On component call 'Generate' = 'Exception thrown:
> >org.omg.CORBA.TRANSACTION_ROLLEDBACK: in method Generate of class
> >DataWindow/_st_HTMLGenerator. '
> >
> >
> >Jaguar SRV.LOG:
> >
> >Mar 17 15:29:37 2000: AFLIB Message: 18209/11/0: Transaction::Commit():
> >Transaction was marked ABORTONLY - Aborting!
> >
> >
> >Any ideas would be appreciated...
> >Tom Schartman
> >
> >
> >
>
>
> ___________________________________________________________
>
> Carson Hager
> Team Sybase
> Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc.
> Enterprise Application Studio 3.0 Consulting and Training
>
> DDS Enterprise Application Framework
> Available Now as Open Source!
> http://www.dyn-data.com
>


Jim O'Neil [Sybase] Posted on 2000-03-20 16:14:17.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 11:14:17 -0500
From: "Jim O'Neil [Sybase]" <joneil@sybase.com>
Organization: Sybase, Inc.
X-Mailer: Mozilla 4.7 [en]C-CCK-MCD (WinNT; U)
X-Accept-Language: en
MIME-Version: 1.0
Subject: Re: Help - Transaction was marked ABORTONLY
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Lines: 96
NNTP-Posting-Host: joneil-nt.sybase.com 204.167.42.111
Message-ID: <347_38D64E59.6B16625B@sybase.com>
References: <347_6zecXdFk$GA.261@forums.sybase.com> <347_38d51655.2535225@forums.sybase.com> <347_q5ojFlnk$GA.298@forums.sybase.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.easerver:26086
Article PK: 156091


Tom Schartman wrote:

> The table contains a primary key, and is fully populated. The Powersite
> Edit control did build a Generate(), but I don't see a setComplete().
> Should this be added manually?
>
> The datawindow does display properly in the browser, so this validates the
> initial connection.
> It bombs with the error upon update. I have other pages in the project that
> are set up similarly that update properly.
>
> Here is the code that is generated by the HTML DTC Datawindow control (using
> Powersite):
>
> <%
> jagConn = new PSJaguarConnection("Devinet:9000", "jagadmin", "",
> "DataWindow/HTMLGenerator", false);
> dwSource = new
> PSDataWindowSourceClass("D:/Development/Prestige/prestige.pbl",
> "d_fer_edit");
> dbConn = new
> PSConnectionParmsClass("ConnectString='DSN=Prestige_SqlServer;SERVER=(local)
> ;APP=PowerSite
> Enterprise;WSID=DEVINET;DATABASE=Prestige;UID=sa;PWD=skins',ConnectOption='S
> QL_DRIVER_CONNECT,SQL_DRIVER_NOPROMPT'");
> dwMine = new PSDataWindowClass("htmlDW", false, jagConn, dwSource, dbConn);
> dwMine.RetrievalArgs[0] = psDocument.GetParam("FER_ID");
> dwMine.RetrievalArgs[1] = psSession.GetValue("CSE_Num");
> dwMine.Generate();
> %>
>
> Carson Hager[Team Sybase] <chager@dyn-data.com> wrote in message
> news:38d51655.2535225@forums.sybase.com...
> > All this means is that something issued a
> > TransactionServer.SetComplete() call but the transaction had already
> > been terminated, either by a SetAbort() call or an internal database
> > rollback such as primary key duplication, etc.
> >
> > Given that this is the web datawindow, this is likely the
> > setComplete() that is found in the Generate() method being called
> > after a database-related rollback has occured. Have you populated all
> > of your primary/foreign keys?
> >
> >
> > Carson
> >
> > ___________________________________________________________
> >
> > Carson Hager
> > Team Sybase
> > Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc.
> > Enterprise Application Studio 3.0 Consulting and Training
> > http://www.dyn-data.com
> >
> > DDS is now hiring EAServer consultants
> > to support its exploding EAServer business!
> > Please submit your resume to
> > hr@dyn-data.com!
> >
> >
> > On Fri, 17 Mar 2000 16:20:27 -0500, "Tom Schartman"
> > <tomschartman@prestigetech.com> wrote:
> >
> > >EA Studio 3.5
> > >Receiving the following error during the datawindow update event (using
> > >default update button in dw):
> > >
> > >Error from update event in ActiveX HTML Datawindow DTC (Internet
> Explorer
> > >5.0):
> > >ERROR: Action Failed = -1
> > >***************************
> > >ERROR: On component call 'Generate' = 'Exception thrown:
> > >org.omg.CORBA.TRANSACTION_ROLLEDBACK: in method Generate of class
> > >DataWindow/_st_HTMLGenerator. '
> > >
> > >
> > >Jaguar SRV.LOG:
> > >
> > >Mar 17 15:29:37 2000: AFLIB Message: 18209/11/0: Transaction::Commit():
> > >Transaction was marked ABORTONLY - Aborting!
> > >
> > >
> > >Any ideas would be appreciated...
> > >Tom Schartman
> > >
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
> > ___________________________________________________________
> >
> > Carson Hager
> > Team Sybase
> > Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc.
> > Enterprise Application Studio 3.0 Consulting and Training
> >
> > DDS Enterprise Application Framework
> > Available Now as Open Source!
> > http://www.dyn-data.com
> >

Try going to the Page Parameters tab in the DTC and set it up so that your two
retrieval arguments are passed back into as page parameters on the update.
--
Jim O'Neil
Senior Technical Support Engineer
Sybase, Inc


Larry Cermak[Team Sybase] Posted on 2000-03-18 05:36:57.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver
From: "Larry Cermak[Team Sybase]" <lcermak@ctpartners.com>
Subject: Re: Help - Transaction was marked ABORTONLY
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 23:36:57 -0600
Lines: 39
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 5.00.2919.6600
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.00.2919.6600
NNTP-Posting-Host: node6.dhcpchi.dslspeed.zyan.com 208.41.199.6
Message-ID: <347_fe17X1Jk$GA.285@forums.sybase.com>
References: <347_6zecXdFk$GA.261@forums.sybase.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.easerver:26138
Article PK: 156817

Oops. In addition, make sure that a disconnect is being called.

--

Larry Cermak [Team Sybase]
Corporate Technology Partners, Inc.
www.ctpartners.com
Web DataWindow Articles
(http://sdn.sybase.com/sdn/appdev/get_doc.stm?loc=1001708)

"Tom Schartman" <tomschartman@prestigetech.com> wrote in message
news:6zecXdFk$GA.261@forums.sybase.com...
> EA Studio 3.5
> Receiving the following error during the datawindow update event (using
> default update button in dw):
>
> Error from update event in ActiveX HTML Datawindow DTC (Internet Explorer
> 5.0):
> ERROR: Action Failed = -1
> ***************************
> ERROR: On component call 'Generate' = 'Exception thrown:
> org.omg.CORBA.TRANSACTION_ROLLEDBACK: in method Generate of class
> DataWindow/_st_HTMLGenerator. '
>
>
> Jaguar SRV.LOG:
>
> Mar 17 15:29:37 2000: AFLIB Message: 18209/11/0: Transaction::Commit():
> Transaction was marked ABORTONLY - Aborting!
>
>
> Any ideas would be appreciated...
> Tom Schartman
>
>
>


Larry Cermak[Team Sybase] Posted on 2000-03-18 05:36:37.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver
From: "Larry Cermak[Team Sybase]" <lcermak@ctpartners.com>
Subject: Re: Help - Transaction was marked ABORTONLY
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 23:36:37 -0600
Lines: 40
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 5.00.2919.6600
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.00.2919.6600
NNTP-Posting-Host: node6.dhcpchi.dslspeed.zyan.com 208.41.199.6
Message-ID: <347_#YojO1Jk$GA.285@forums.sybase.com>
References: <347_6zecXdFk$GA.261@forums.sybase.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.easerver:26139
Article PK: 156820

That message typically means that an update statement was issued without a
transaction.

--

Larry Cermak [Team Sybase]
Corporate Technology Partners, Inc.
www.ctpartners.com
Web DataWindow Articles
(http://sdn.sybase.com/sdn/appdev/get_doc.stm?loc=1001708)

"Tom Schartman" <tomschartman@prestigetech.com> wrote in message
news:6zecXdFk$GA.261@forums.sybase.com...
> EA Studio 3.5
> Receiving the following error during the datawindow update event (using
> default update button in dw):
>
> Error from update event in ActiveX HTML Datawindow DTC (Internet Explorer
> 5.0):
> ERROR: Action Failed = -1
> ***************************
> ERROR: On component call 'Generate' = 'Exception thrown:
> org.omg.CORBA.TRANSACTION_ROLLEDBACK: in method Generate of class
> DataWindow/_st_HTMLGenerator. '
>
>
> Jaguar SRV.LOG:
>
> Mar 17 15:29:37 2000: AFLIB Message: 18209/11/0: Transaction::Commit():
> Transaction was marked ABORTONLY - Aborting!
>
>
> Any ideas would be appreciated...
> Tom Schartman
>
>
>


Tom Schartman Posted on 2000-03-20 14:38:11.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver
From: "Tom Schartman" <Tomschartman@prestigetech.com>
Subject: Re: Help - Transaction was marked ABORTONLY
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 09:38:11 -0500
Lines: 70
Organization: Prestige
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 5.00.2014.211
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.00.2014.211
NNTP-Posting-Host: 206.239.190.234
Message-ID: <347_bpvmtpnk$GA.111@forums.sybase.com>
References: <347_6zecXdFk$GA.261@forums.sybase.com> <347_#YojO1Jk$GA.285@forums.sybase.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.easerver:26095
Article PK: 156100

I'm using the canned ActiveX HTML Datawindow DTC in Powersite. For all of
my other HTML DTC's,
no other code for connections needed to be added. Where would I put the
update statement?
Here is the code that the control created:

<%
jagConn = new PSJaguarConnection("Devinet:9000", "jagadmin", "",
"DataWindow/HTMLGenerator", false);
dwSource = new
PSDataWindowSourceClass("D:/Development/Prestige/prestige.pbl",
"d_fer_edit");
dbConn = new
PSConnectionParmsClass("ConnectString='DSN=Prestige_SqlServer;SERVER=(local)
;APP=PowerSite
Enterprise;WSID=DEVINET;DATABASE=Prestige;UID=sa;PWD=skins',ConnectOption='S
QL_DRIVER_CONNECT,SQL_DRIVER_NOPROMPT'");
dwMine = new PSDataWindowClass("htmlDW", false, jagConn, dwSource, dbConn);
dwMine.RetrievalArgs[0] = psDocument.GetParam("FER_ID");
dwMine.RetrievalArgs[1] = psSession.GetValue("CSE_Num");
dwMine.Generate();
%>

Thanks for your help!

Larry Cermak[Team Sybase] <lcermak@ctpartners.com> wrote in message
news:#YojO1Jk$GA.285@forums.sybase.com...
> That message typically means that an update statement was issued without a
> transaction.
>
> --
>
> Larry Cermak [Team Sybase]
> Corporate Technology Partners, Inc.
> www.ctpartners.com
> Web DataWindow Articles
> (http://sdn.sybase.com/sdn/appdev/get_doc.stm?loc=1001708)
>
>
> "Tom Schartman" <tomschartman@prestigetech.com> wrote in message
> news:6zecXdFk$GA.261@forums.sybase.com...
> > EA Studio 3.5
> > Receiving the following error during the datawindow update event (using
> > default update button in dw):
> >
> > Error from update event in ActiveX HTML Datawindow DTC (Internet
Explorer
> > 5.0):
> > ERROR: Action Failed = -1
> > ***************************
> > ERROR: On component call 'Generate' = 'Exception thrown:
> > org.omg.CORBA.TRANSACTION_ROLLEDBACK: in method Generate of class
> > DataWindow/_st_HTMLGenerator. '
> >
> >
> > Jaguar SRV.LOG:
> >
> > Mar 17 15:29:37 2000: AFLIB Message: 18209/11/0: Transaction::Commit():
> > Transaction was marked ABORTONLY - Aborting!
> >
> >
> > Any ideas would be appreciated...
> > Tom Schartman
> >
> >
> >
>
>