Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

Re: Help please! ODBC, HTML DW, and Jaguar Issues

4 posts in General Discussion (old) Last posting was on 2000-03-14 16:59:23.0Z
Stephen Posted on 2000-03-13 21:35:13.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver
From: "Stephen" <skinchu@bn.com>
Organization: 161.221.10.36
X-Newsreader: AspNNTP 1.41 (Advent 2000, Inc.)
Subject: Re: Help please! ODBC, HTML DW, and Jaguar Issues
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 16:35:13 -0500
Lines: 31
NNTP-Posting-Host: 207.156.232.4
Message-ID: <347_7LIyDQTj$GA.285@forums.sybase.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.easerver:26491
Article PK: 157505


>Yes, that's what I meant - PATH in the SYSTEM area of the environment
>variables,
>versus the user area. How about C:/Program Files/Sybase/Shared/IntersolvODBC
-> is
>that on your SYSTEM path? The ODBC driver you are using is PBINF13.DLL and
>that DLL
>must load PBUTL13.DLL and PBBAS13.DLL in addition to ISQLT07C.DLL, so if any of
>those files is missing/not found you would end up with the same problem.
>--
>Jim O'Neil
>Senior Technical Support Engineer
>Sybase, Inc

Hi, Jim

I've put d:/Program Files/Sybase/Shared/IntersolvODBC under my SYSTEM path, and
then I start Jaguar as a server. However, after I run IE5, I get error message
as follow:
ERROR: Retrieve Failed = -1 *****
Cannot connect! An error occurred, yet no message was returned by the database
driver
And I get message from srv.log as follows:
Mar 13 16:18:06 2000: cm__odbc_error: SQLError: -461, SQLState: S1000,
[INTERSOLV][ODBC Informix driver][Informix]Unable to load locale categories..
which is diffrent from the last though.

Any suggestions? Thanks for your help!

Stephen



---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==---
http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp


Jim O'Neil [Sybase] Posted on 2000-03-13 22:18:34.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 17:18:34 -0500
From: "Jim O'Neil [Sybase]" <joneil@sybase.com>
Organization: Sybase, Inc.
X-Mailer: Mozilla 4.7 [en]C-CCK-MCD (WinNT; U)
X-Accept-Language: en
MIME-Version: 1.0
Subject: Re: Help please! ODBC, HTML DW, and Jaguar Issues
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Lines: 44
NNTP-Posting-Host: joneil-nt.sybase.com 204.167.42.111
Message-ID: <347_38CD6939.E5CB26FA@sybase.com>
References: <347_7LIyDQTj$GA.285@forums.sybase.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.easerver:26485
Article PK: 157500


Stephen wrote:

> >Yes, that's what I meant - PATH in the SYSTEM area of the environment
> >variables,
> >versus the user area. How about C:/Program Files/Sybase/Shared/IntersolvODBC
> -> is
> >that on your SYSTEM path? The ODBC driver you are using is PBINF13.DLL and
> >that DLL
> >must load PBUTL13.DLL and PBBAS13.DLL in addition to ISQLT07C.DLL, so if any of
> >those files is missing/not found you would end up with the same problem.
> >--
> >Jim O'Neil
> >Senior Technical Support Engineer
> >Sybase, Inc
>
> Hi, Jim
>
> I've put d:/Program Files/Sybase/Shared/IntersolvODBC under my SYSTEM path, and
> then I start Jaguar as a server. However, after I run IE5, I get error message
> as follow:
> ERROR: Retrieve Failed = -1 *****
> Cannot connect! An error occurred, yet no message was returned by the database
> driver
> And I get message from srv.log as follows:
> Mar 13 16:18:06 2000: cm__odbc_error: SQLError: -461, SQLState: S1000,
> [INTERSOLV][ODBC Informix driver][Informix]Unable to load locale categories..
> which is diffrent from the last though.
>
> Any suggestions? Thanks for your help!
>
> Stephen
>
> ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==---
> http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp

Hey, this is progress - believe it or not. Do you have a SYSTEM environment
variable setting for INFORMIXDIR? If not point it to the directory where Informix
is installed. I'm wondering also if Informix is installing some of the needed
information in the HKEY_CURRENT_USER in the registry, versus HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, and
when running as a service, Jaguar isn't finding what it needs.
--
Jim O'Neil
Senior Technical Support Engineer
Sybase, Inc


Stephen Posted on 2000-03-14 16:39:47.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver
From: "Stephen" <skinchu@bn.com>
Organization: 161.221.10.36
X-Newsreader: AspNNTP 1.41 (Advent 2000, Inc.)
Subject: Re: Help please! ODBC, HTML DW, and Jaguar Issues
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 11:39:47 -0500
Lines: 64
NNTP-Posting-Host: 207.156.232.4
Message-ID: <347_ojhLpPdj$GA.261@forums.sybase.com>
References: <347_7LIyDQTj$GA.285@forums.sybase.com> <347_38CD6939.E5CB26FA@sybase.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.easerver:26446
Article PK: 157115

On Mon, 13 Mar 2000 17:18:34 -0500,
in powersoft.public.easerver

Jim O'Neil [Sybase] <joneil@sybase.com> wrote:
>Stephen wrote:
>
>> >Yes, that's what I meant - PATH in the SYSTEM area of the environment
>> >variables,
>> >versus the user area. How about C:/Program
Files/Sybase/Shared/IntersolvODBC
>> -> is
>> >that on your SYSTEM path? The ODBC driver you are using is PBINF13.DLL and
>> >that DLL
>> >must load PBUTL13.DLL and PBBAS13.DLL in addition to ISQLT07C.DLL, so if any
of
>> >those files is missing/not found you would end up with the same problem.
>> >--
>> >Jim O'Neil
>> >Senior Technical Support Engineer
>> >Sybase, Inc
>>
>> Hi, Jim
>>
>> I've put d:/Program Files/Sybase/Shared/IntersolvODBC under my SYSTEM path,
and
>> then I start Jaguar as a server. However, after I run IE5, I get error
message
>> as follow:
>> ERROR: Retrieve Failed = -1 *****
>> Cannot connect! An error occurred, yet no message was returned by the
database
>> driver
>> And I get message from srv.log as follows:
>> Mar 13 16:18:06 2000: cm__odbc_error: SQLError: -461, SQLState: S1000,
>> [INTERSOLV][ODBC Informix driver][Informix]Unable to load locale categories..
>> which is diffrent from the last though.
>>
>> Any suggestions? Thanks for your help!
>>
>> Stephen
>>
>> ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==---
>> http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp
>
>Hey, this is progress - believe it or not. Do you have a SYSTEM environment
>variable setting for INFORMIXDIR? If not point it to the directory where
Informix
>is installed. I'm wondering also if Informix is installing some of the needed
>information in the HKEY_CURRENT_USER in the registry, versus
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, and
>when running as a service, Jaguar isn't finding what it needs.
>--
>Jim O'Neil
>Senior Technical Support Engineer
>Sybase, Inc

Hi, Jim

There is no SYSTEM variable for INFORMIXDIR, but there is USER variable called
Path which points to c:\informix\bin. How do I create a SYSTEM variable in
Control Panel/Sytem/Enviroment? How is it used? I've check HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
and HKEY_CURRENT_USER, the most information is stored in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
however, INFORMIXDIR:REG_SZ:C:\INFORMIX is under
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\informix\Environment. How do I fix it? Why Informix
installation didn't register in the right place?

Thanks for your help.

Stephen
---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==---
http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp


Jim O'Neil [Sybase] Posted on 2000-03-14 16:59:23.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 11:59:23 -0500
From: "Jim O'Neil [Sybase]" <joneil@sybase.com>
Organization: Sybase, Inc.
X-Mailer: Mozilla 4.7 [en]C-CCK-MCD (WinNT; U)
X-Accept-Language: en
MIME-Version: 1.0
Subject: Re: Help please! ODBC, HTML DW, and Jaguar Issues
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Lines: 87
NNTP-Posting-Host: joneil-nt.sybase.com 204.167.42.111
Message-ID: <347_38CE6FEB.DE1D49C1@sybase.com>
References: <347_7LIyDQTj$GA.285@forums.sybase.com> <347_38CD6939.E5CB26FA@sybase.com> <347_ojhLpPdj$GA.261@forums.sybase.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.easerver:26444
Article PK: 157113


Stephen wrote:

> On Mon, 13 Mar 2000 17:18:34 -0500,
> in powersoft.public.easerver
> Jim O'Neil [Sybase] <joneil@sybase.com> wrote:
> >Stephen wrote:
> >
> >> >Yes, that's what I meant - PATH in the SYSTEM area of the environment
> >> >variables,
> >> >versus the user area. How about C:/Program
> Files/Sybase/Shared/IntersolvODBC
> >> -> is
> >> >that on your SYSTEM path? The ODBC driver you are using is PBINF13.DLL and
> >> >that DLL
> >> >must load PBUTL13.DLL and PBBAS13.DLL in addition to ISQLT07C.DLL, so if any
> of
> >> >those files is missing/not found you would end up with the same problem.
> >> >--
> >> >Jim O'Neil
> >> >Senior Technical Support Engineer
> >> >Sybase, Inc
> >>
> >> Hi, Jim
> >>
> >> I've put d:/Program Files/Sybase/Shared/IntersolvODBC under my SYSTEM path,
> and
> >> then I start Jaguar as a server. However, after I run IE5, I get error
> message
> >> as follow:
> >> ERROR: Retrieve Failed = -1 *****
> >> Cannot connect! An error occurred, yet no message was returned by the
> database
> >> driver
> >> And I get message from srv.log as follows:
> >> Mar 13 16:18:06 2000: cm__odbc_error: SQLError: -461, SQLState: S1000,
> >> [INTERSOLV][ODBC Informix driver][Informix]Unable to load locale categories..
> >> which is diffrent from the last though.
> >>
> >> Any suggestions? Thanks for your help!
> >>
> >> Stephen
> >>
> >> ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==---
> >> http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp
> >
> >Hey, this is progress - believe it or not. Do you have a SYSTEM environment
> >variable setting for INFORMIXDIR? If not point it to the directory where
> Informix
> >is installed. I'm wondering also if Informix is installing some of the needed
> >information in the HKEY_CURRENT_USER in the registry, versus
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, and
> >when running as a service, Jaguar isn't finding what it needs.
> >--
> >Jim O'Neil
> >Senior Technical Support Engineer
> >Sybase, Inc
>
> Hi, Jim
>
> There is no SYSTEM variable for INFORMIXDIR, but there is USER variable called
> Path which points to c:\informix\bin. How do I create a SYSTEM variable in
> Control Panel/Sytem/Enviroment? How is it used? I've check HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
> and HKEY_CURRENT_USER, the most information is stored in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
> however, INFORMIXDIR:REG_SZ:C:\INFORMIX is under
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\informix\Environment. How do I fix it? Why Informix
> installation didn't register in the right place?
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Stephen
> ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==---
> http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp

Open up the ControlPanel->Services from the Start Menu, go to the Environment tab
and select a variable that is already in the system area - like PATH. Now change
PATH to INFORMIXDIR and the value to c:\INFORMIX and hit apply - that should give
you a new SYSTEM environment variable called INFORMIXDIR. You could try creating
the same value under HKLM\software\informix\Environment but I'm not familiar enough
with the Informix installs to guarantee that that would work. As far as Informix
not registering things in the right place - I don't know if that's really the case
or not, they may have additional instructions on their web site for setting this
stuff up.


--
Jim O'Neil
Senior Technical Support Engineer
Sybase, Inc