Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

Why doesn't ASP Script work in dynamic file site?

5 posts in General Discussion (old) Last posting was on 2000-02-16 08:32:54.0Z
lado Posted on 2000-02-15 13:05:21.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver
From: "lado" <lado@iitcorp.co.kr>
Subject: Why doesn't ASP Script work in dynamic file site?
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 22:05:21 +0900
Lines: 10
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 5.00.2615.200
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.00.2615.200
NNTP-Posting-Host: 211.41.69.53
Message-ID: <347_BUXdWW7d$GA.324@forums.sybase.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.easerver:28666
Article PK: 160796

Hello.
At first, I created a component with PowerBuilder at server and I created an
ASP script to call the component at server.
And I browsed the ASP page at a certain client, then It didn't work.
So I Modified the directory in which my ASP page file exist as 'Static file
site', and it worked (Indeed!).
Why? Why doesn't ASP Script work in dynamic file site?
Please Answer my Question.


Carson Hager[Team Sybase] Posted on 2000-02-15 16:05:01.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver
From: chager@dyn-data.com (Carson Hager[Team Sybase])
Subject: Re: Why doesn't ASP Script work in dynamic file site?
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 16:05:01 GMT
Organization: Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc.
X-Newsreader: Forte Free Agent 1.21/32.243
Lines: 35
NNTP-Posting-Host: 63.86.26.206
Message-ID: <347_38a97911.33844035@forums.sybase.com>
References: <347_BUXdWW7d$GA.324@forums.sybase.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.easerver:28658
Article PK: 160790

Because the page is processed by PD ( ISAPI Filter ), it will not be
processed by the ASP engine ( ISAPI application ).


Carson

___________________________________________________________

Carson Hager
Team Sybase
Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc.
Enterprise Application Studio 3.0 Consulting and Training
http://www.dyn-data.com

DDS is now hiring EAServer consultants
to support its exploding EAServer business!
Please submit your resume to
hr@dyn-data.com!

On Tue, 15 Feb 2000 22:05:21 +0900, "lado" <lado@iitcorp.co.kr> wrote:

>Hello.
>At first, I created a component with PowerBuilder at server and I created an
>ASP script to call the component at server.
>And I browsed the ASP page at a certain client, then It didn't work.
>So I Modified the directory in which my ASP page file exist as 'Static file
>site', and it worked (Indeed!).
>Why? Why doesn't ASP Script work in dynamic file site?
>Please Answer my Question.
>
>

___________________________________________________________

Carson Hager
Team Sybase
Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc.
Enterprise Application Studio 3.0 Consulting and Training

DDS Enterprise Application Framework
Available Now as Open Source!
http://www.dyn-data.com


Kyung-tae Na Posted on 2000-02-16 00:42:50.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver
From: "Kyung-tae Na" <hotchild@hitel.net>
Subject: Re: Why doesn't ASP Script work in dynamic file site?
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 09:42:50 +0900
Lines: 25
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 5.00.2314.1300
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.00.2314.1300
NNTP-Posting-Host: 211.41.69.8
Message-ID: <347_ZQeMQcBe$GA.324@forums.sybase.com>
References: <347_BUXdWW7d$GA.324@forums.sybase.com> <347_38a97911.33844035@forums.sybase.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.easerver:28610
Article PK: 154693

So, Can't we use both ASP and Dynascript in same site?

Carson Hager[Team Sybase] <chager@dyn-data.com>wrote...
> Because the page is processed by PD ( ISAPI Filter ), it will not be
> processed by the ASP engine ( ISAPI application ).
>
>
> Carson
>
> ___________________________________________________________
>
> Carson Hager
> Team Sybase
> Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc.
> Enterprise Application Studio 3.0 Consulting and Training
> http://www.dyn-data.com
>
> DDS is now hiring EAServer consultants
> to support its exploding EAServer business!
> Please submit your resume to
> hr@dyn-data.com!
>


Carson Hager[Team Sybase] Posted on 2000-02-16 07:36:04.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver
From: chager@dyn-data.com (Carson Hager[Team Sybase])
Subject: Re: Why doesn't ASP Script work in dynamic file site?
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 07:36:04 GMT
Organization: Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc.
X-Newsreader: Forte Free Agent 1.21/32.243
Lines: 45
NNTP-Posting-Host: user-2ivei9p.dialup.mindspring.com 165.247.73.57
Message-ID: <347_38aa5334.434484@forums.sybase.com>
References: <347_BUXdWW7d$GA.324@forums.sybase.com> <347_38a97911.33844035@forums.sybase.com> <347_ZQeMQcBe$GA.324@forums.sybase.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.easerver:28595
Article PK: 160734

On the same page. That's correct. But a web site can have both, just
particular pages cannot be processed by both. This is a limitation of
the web server.


Carson

___________________________________________________________

Carson Hager
Team Sybase
Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc.
Enterprise Application Studio 3.0 Consulting and Training
http://www.dyn-data.com

DDS is now hiring EAServer consultants
to support its exploding EAServer business!
Please submit your resume to
hr@dyn-data.com!


On Wed, 16 Feb 2000 09:42:50 +0900, "Kyung-tae Na"

<hotchild@hitel.net> wrote:

>So, Can't we use both ASP and Dynascript in same site?
>
>Carson Hager[Team Sybase] <chager@dyn-data.com>wrote...
>> Because the page is processed by PD ( ISAPI Filter ), it will not be
>> processed by the ASP engine ( ISAPI application ).
>>
>>
>> Carson
>>
>> ___________________________________________________________
>>
>> Carson Hager
>> Team Sybase
>> Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc.
>> Enterprise Application Studio 3.0 Consulting and Training
>> http://www.dyn-data.com
>>
>> DDS is now hiring EAServer consultants
>> to support its exploding EAServer business!
>> Please submit your resume to
>> hr@dyn-data.com!
>>
>
>
>

___________________________________________________________

Carson Hager
Team Sybase
Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc.
Enterprise Application Studio 3.0 Consulting and Training

DDS Enterprise Application Framework
Available Now as Open Source!
http://www.dyn-data.com


Kyung-tae Na Posted on 2000-02-16 08:32:54.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver
From: "Kyung-tae Na" <hotchild@hitel.net>
Subject: Re: Why doesn't ASP Script work in dynamic file site?
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 17:32:54 +0900
Lines: 33
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 5.00.2314.1300
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.00.2314.1300
NNTP-Posting-Host: 211.41.69.8
Message-ID: <347_bi5g8iFe$GA.223@forums.sybase.com>
References: <347_BUXdWW7d$GA.324@forums.sybase.com> <347_38a97911.33844035@forums.sybase.com> <347_ZQeMQcBe$GA.324@forums.sybase.com> <347_38aa5334.434484@forums.sybase.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.easerver:28592
Article PK: 160732

Hi~

I already knew it's not impossible one page have both.

Does your answer means PD dynamic file site can have ASP page?

Or, One Web server can have both dynamic file site and static file site?

Carson Hager[Team Sybase] <chager@dyn-data.com> Wrote...

> On the same page. That's correct. But a web site can have both, just
> particular pages cannot be processed by both. This is a limitation of
> the web server.
>
>
> Carson
>
> ___________________________________________________________
>
> Carson Hager
> Team Sybase
> Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc.
> Enterprise Application Studio 3.0 Consulting and Training
> http://www.dyn-data.com
>
> DDS is now hiring EAServer consultants
> to support its exploding EAServer business!
> Please submit your resume to
> hr@dyn-data.com!
>
>