Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

TabularResultSet - getDate returns wrong year!

6 posts in General Discussion (old) Last posting was on 2000-02-14 23:46:14.0Z
Fredrik Lann Posted on 2000-02-14 09:28:13.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver
From: "Fredrik Lann" <NOSPAM_fredrik.lann@edt.ericsson.se>
Organization: Ericsson[192.16.151.1]
X-Newsreader: AspNNTP 1.41 (Advent 2000, Inc.)
Subject: TabularResultSet - getDate returns wrong year!
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 04:28:13 -0500
Lines: 12
NNTP-Posting-Host: 207.156.232.4
Message-ID: <347_JjHvQ3sd$GA.327@forums.sybase.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.easerver:28786
Article PK: 160902

PowerJ 3.5 client calls Jaguar 3.01 component

When I send a resutlset with a date column as a TabularResultset
from a Jaguar 3.01 component the date column at
the client (built in PowerJ 3.5) returns a date one year
before the actual date!!

There seems to be some kind of incompability in the implemetation
of TabularResultSets shipped with PowerJ/Jaguar.

Could anyone tell me what client class-files to use to make it work?

Fredrik Lann


Evan Ireland Posted on 2000-02-14 22:19:28.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 11:19:28 +1300
From: Evan Ireland <eireland@sybase.com>
Organization: Sybase, Inc.
X-Mailer: Mozilla 4.7 [en] (WinNT; U)
X-Accept-Language: en
MIME-Version: 1.0
Subject: Re: TabularResultSet - getDate returns wrong year!
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Lines: 25
NNTP-Posting-Host: 130.214.8.31
Message-ID: <347_38A87F70.CA555670@sybase.com>
References: <347_JjHvQ3sd$GA.327@forums.sybase.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.easerver:28708
Article PK: 154706


Fredrik Lann wrote:
>
> PowerJ 3.5 client calls Jaguar 3.01 component
>
> When I send a resutlset with a date column as a TabularResultset
> from a Jaguar 3.01 component the date column at
> the client (built in PowerJ 3.5) returns a date one year
> before the actual date!!
>
> There seems to be some kind of incompability in the implemetation
> of TabularResultSets shipped with PowerJ/Jaguar.

Now I recall. There was a consolidated EBF shipped after 3.01. The PowerJ
3.5 contains a fix which is missing in your 3.01 server. Please upgrade
the 3.01 server using the 3.01 consolidated EBF.

> Could anyone tell me what client class-files to use to make it work?
>
> Fredrik Lann

--
________________________________________________________________________________

Evan Ireland Sybase EA Server Engineering eireland@sybase.com
Wellington - New Zealand +64 4 934-5856


Dave Wolf [Sybase] Posted on 2000-02-14 23:46:14.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver
From: "Dave Wolf [Sybase]" <dwolf@sybase.com>
Subject: Re: TabularResultSet - getDate returns wrong year!
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 18:46:14 -0500
Lines: 38
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 5.00.2314.1300
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.00.2314.1300
NNTP-Posting-Host: 158.159.8.63
Message-ID: <347_mcbkrY0d$GA.184@forums.sybase.com>
References: <347_JjHvQ3sd$GA.327@forums.sybase.com> <347_38A87F70.CA555670@sybase.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.easerver:28693
Article PK: 160819

Ok, should have seen Evan's response in the next message.

Dave Wolf
Internet Applications Division

Evan Ireland <eireland@sybase.com> wrote in message
news:38A87F70.CA555670@sybase.com...
> Fredrik Lann wrote:
> >
> > PowerJ 3.5 client calls Jaguar 3.01 component
> >
> > When I send a resutlset with a date column as a TabularResultset
> > from a Jaguar 3.01 component the date column at
> > the client (built in PowerJ 3.5) returns a date one year
> > before the actual date!!
> >
> > There seems to be some kind of incompability in the implemetation
> > of TabularResultSets shipped with PowerJ/Jaguar.
>
> Now I recall. There was a consolidated EBF shipped after 3.01. The PowerJ
> 3.5 contains a fix which is missing in your 3.01 server. Please upgrade
> the 3.01 server using the 3.01 consolidated EBF.
>
> > Could anyone tell me what client class-files to use to make it work?
> >
> > Fredrik Lann
>
> --
>

____________________________________________________________________________
____
>
> Evan Ireland Sybase EA Server Engineering
eireland@sybase.com
> Wellington - New Zealand +64 4
934-5856


Dave Wolf [Sybase] Posted on 2000-02-14 14:09:17.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver
From: "Dave Wolf [Sybase]" <dwolf@sybase.com>
Subject: Re: TabularResultSet - getDate returns wrong year!
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 09:09:17 -0500
Lines: 22
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 5.00.2314.1300
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.00.2314.1300
NNTP-Posting-Host: 158.159.8.52
Message-ID: <347_xEB4RWvd$GA.332@forums.sybase.com>
References: <347_JjHvQ3sd$GA.327@forums.sybase.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.easerver:28778
Article PK: 160894

This is a known bug. Please contact support forthe fix.

Dave Wolf
Internet Applications Division

Fredrik Lann <NOSPAM_fredrik.lann@edt.ericsson.se> wrote in message
news:JjHvQ3sd$GA.327@forums.sybase.com...
> PowerJ 3.5 client calls Jaguar 3.01 component
>
> When I send a resutlset with a date column as a TabularResultset
> from a Jaguar 3.01 component the date column at
> the client (built in PowerJ 3.5) returns a date one year
> before the actual date!!
>
> There seems to be some kind of incompability in the implemetation
> of TabularResultSets shipped with PowerJ/Jaguar.
>
> Could anyone tell me what client class-files to use to make it work?
>
> Fredrik Lann


Evan Ireland Posted on 2000-02-14 22:17:44.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 11:17:44 +1300
From: Evan Ireland <eireland@sybase.com>
Organization: Sybase, Inc.
X-Mailer: Mozilla 4.7 [en] (WinNT; U)
X-Accept-Language: en
MIME-Version: 1.0
Subject: Re: TabularResultSet - getDate returns wrong year!
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Lines: 28
NNTP-Posting-Host: 130.214.8.31
Message-ID: <347_38A87F08.49605954@sybase.com>
References: <347_JjHvQ3sd$GA.327@forums.sybase.com> <347_xEB4RWvd$GA.332@forums.sybase.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.easerver:28709
Article PK: 160831


"Dave Wolf [Sybase]" wrote:
>
> This is a known bug. Please contact support forthe fix.

What is the bug? Did we ship the wrong jaguar.zip with PowerJ?

> Dave Wolf
> Internet Applications Division
>
> Fredrik Lann <NOSPAM_fredrik.lann@edt.ericsson.se> wrote in message
> news:JjHvQ3sd$GA.327@forums.sybase.com...
> > PowerJ 3.5 client calls Jaguar 3.01 component
> >
> > When I send a resutlset with a date column as a TabularResultset
> > from a Jaguar 3.01 component the date column at
> > the client (built in PowerJ 3.5) returns a date one year
> > before the actual date!!
> >
> > There seems to be some kind of incompability in the implemetation
> > of TabularResultSets shipped with PowerJ/Jaguar.
> >
> > Could anyone tell me what client class-files to use to make it work?
> >
> > Fredrik Lann

--
________________________________________________________________________________

Evan Ireland Sybase EA Server Engineering eireland@sybase.com
Wellington - New Zealand +64 4 934-5856


Dave Wolf [Sybase] Posted on 2000-02-14 23:45:54.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver
From: "Dave Wolf [Sybase]" <dwolf@sybase.com>
Subject: Re: TabularResultSet - getDate returns wrong year!
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 18:45:54 -0500
Lines: 43
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 5.00.2314.1300
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.00.2314.1300
NNTP-Posting-Host: 158.159.8.63
Message-ID: <347_1Rx6fY0d$GA.184@forums.sybase.com>
References: <347_JjHvQ3sd$GA.327@forums.sybase.com> <347_xEB4RWvd$GA.332@forums.sybase.com> <347_38A87F08.49605954@sybase.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.easerver:28694
Article PK: 160824

This is the invalid epoch start date off by one year issue isnt it?

Dave Wolf
Internet Applications Division

Evan Ireland <eireland@sybase.com> wrote in message
news:38A87F08.49605954@sybase.com...
> "Dave Wolf [Sybase]" wrote:
> >
> > This is a known bug. Please contact support forthe fix.
>
> What is the bug? Did we ship the wrong jaguar.zip with PowerJ?
>
> > Dave Wolf
> > Internet Applications Division
> >
> > Fredrik Lann <NOSPAM_fredrik.lann@edt.ericsson.se> wrote in message
> > news:JjHvQ3sd$GA.327@forums.sybase.com...
> > > PowerJ 3.5 client calls Jaguar 3.01 component
> > >
> > > When I send a resutlset with a date column as a TabularResultset
> > > from a Jaguar 3.01 component the date column at
> > > the client (built in PowerJ 3.5) returns a date one year
> > > before the actual date!!
> > >
> > > There seems to be some kind of incompability in the implemetation
> > > of TabularResultSets shipped with PowerJ/Jaguar.
> > >
> > > Could anyone tell me what client class-files to use to make it work?
> > >
> > > Fredrik Lann
>
> --
>

____________________________________________________________________________
____
>
> Evan Ireland Sybase EA Server Engineering
eireland@sybase.com
> Wellington - New Zealand +64 4
934-5856