Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

Connection Busy - Error -MS SQL Server

4 posts in General Discussion (old) Last posting was on 2000-03-10 04:40:12.0Z
Srinivasan Boosi Posted on 2000-03-08 18:59:38.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver
From: "Srinivasan Boosi" <sboosi@pegasoft.com>
Subject: Connection Busy - Error -MS SQL Server
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2000 10:59:38 -0800
Lines: 29
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 5.00.2314.1300
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.00.2314.1300
NNTP-Posting-Host: 216.38.155.54
Message-ID: <347_LghCDFTi$GA.201@forums.sybase.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.easerver:26872
Article PK: 157834

Hi,
I am having a problem with Jaguar/MS SQL Server ODBC interface. I
have defined ODBC (odbc32.dll) connection cache
for MS SQL Server database.

Enable Cache by name : Checked
Enable Connection sanity check : Checked
No of connections in cache : 10

This works fine, if the number of users accessing at the same time is small.
I opened up 2 browsers and keep on pressing Refresh button on 2 browser
pages. This page creates the component (uses instance pooling) connects to
database using the connection cache and retrives from database. (more than
20,000 rows which I think takes some time)

After sometime, the Jaguar hungs. No data is delivered to browser and from
then, it doens't allow us to access any page. I looked at the Jaguar error
message and it says :

"cm__odbc_error: SQLError: 0, SQLState: S1000, [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server
Driver]Connection is busy with results for another hstmt."

Can anybody help me to solve this problem?

Thanks,
Srinivasan Boosi


Adam Simmonds Posted on 2000-03-09 05:25:02.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2000 16:25:02 +1100
From: Adam Simmonds <asimmond@mail.usyd.edu.au>
Organization: University of Syndey
X-Mailer: Mozilla 4.7 [en] (WinNT; I)
X-Accept-Language: en
MIME-Version: 1.0
Subject: Re: Connection Busy - Error -MS SQL Server
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Lines: 34
NNTP-Posting-Host: pc-70.sis.usyd.edu.au 129.78.248.198
Message-ID: <347_38C735AE.ACE5618A@mail.usyd.edu.au>
References: <347_LghCDFTi$GA.201@forums.sybase.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.easerver:26819
Article PK: 157789

Any reason why you need to retrieve 20,000 rows each time.
Could you cache the data in a shared or service object and then other objects
can extract the data as needed.

This would be more efficient.

Rgds
Adam

Srinivasan Boosi wrote:

> Hi,
> I am having a problem with Jaguar/MS SQL Server ODBC interface. I
> have defined ODBC (odbc32.dll) connection cache
> for MS SQL Server database.
>
> Enable Cache by name : Checked
> Enable Connection sanity check : Checked
> No of connections in cache : 10
>
> This works fine, if the number of users accessing at the same time is small.
> I opened up 2 browsers and keep on pressing Refresh button on 2 browser
> pages. This page creates the component (uses instance pooling) connects to
> database using the connection cache and retrives from database. (more than
> 20,000 rows which I think takes some time)
>
> After sometime, the Jaguar hungs. No data is delivered to browser and from
> then, it doens't allow us to access any page. I looked at the Jaguar error
> message and it says :
>
> "cm__odbc_error: SQLError: 0, SQLState: S1000, [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server
> Driver]Connection is busy with results for another hstmt."
>
> Can anybody help me to solve this problem?
>
> Thanks,
> Srinivasan Boosi


Srinivasan Boosi Posted on 2000-03-09 20:56:23.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver
From: "Srinivasan Boosi" <sboosi@pegasoft.com>
Subject: Re: Connection Busy - Error -MS SQL Server
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2000 12:56:23 -0800
Lines: 66
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 5.00.2314.1300
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.00.2314.1300
NNTP-Posting-Host: 216.38.155.54
Message-ID: <347_Gcgh$qgi$GA.71@forums.sybase.com>
References: <347_LghCDFTi$GA.201@forums.sybase.com> <347_38C735AE.ACE5618A@mail.usyd.edu.au>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.easerver:26749
Article PK: 157733

Hi,

Our configuration is we have a stored procedure based datawindow
which does some calculations
and retrieves the data. This process takes some time and we can't avoid this
delay.

In the mean time, when it process this data, if someother browser tries to
access the database,
we are getting this "connection busy with another hstmt" error.

And we are expecting more data to come in and i don't know how to solve this
problem.

Thanks,
Srinivasan

Adam Simmonds <asimmond@mail.usyd.edu.au> wrote in message
news:38C735AE.ACE5618A@mail.usyd.edu.au...
> Any reason why you need to retrieve 20,000 rows each time.
> Could you cache the data in a shared or service object and then other
objects
> can extract the data as needed.
>
> This would be more efficient.
>
> Rgds
> Adam
>
> Srinivasan Boosi wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > I am having a problem with Jaguar/MS SQL Server ODBC interface. I
> > have defined ODBC (odbc32.dll) connection cache
> > for MS SQL Server database.
> >
> > Enable Cache by name : Checked
> > Enable Connection sanity check : Checked
> > No of connections in cache : 10
> >
> > This works fine, if the number of users accessing at the same time is
small.
> > I opened up 2 browsers and keep on pressing Refresh button on 2 browser
> > pages. This page creates the component (uses instance pooling) connects
to
> > database using the connection cache and retrives from database. (more
than
> > 20,000 rows which I think takes some time)
> >
> > After sometime, the Jaguar hungs. No data is delivered to browser and
from
> > then, it doens't allow us to access any page. I looked at the Jaguar
error
> > message and it says :
> >
> > "cm__odbc_error: SQLError: 0, SQLState: S1000, [Microsoft][ODBC SQL
Server
> > Driver]Connection is busy with results for another hstmt."
> >
> > Can anybody help me to solve this problem?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Srinivasan Boosi
>


Larry Cermak[Team Sybase] Posted on 2000-03-10 04:40:12.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver
From: "Larry Cermak[Team Sybase]" <lcermak@ctpartners.com>
Subject: Re: Connection Busy - Error -MS SQL Server
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2000 22:40:12 -0600
Lines: 88
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 5.00.2919.6600
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.00.2919.6600
NNTP-Posting-Host: node6.dhcpchi.dslspeed.zyan.com 208.41.199.6
Message-ID: <347_Aa2Z7vki$GA.302@forums.sybase.com>
References: <347_LghCDFTi$GA.201@forums.sybase.com> <347_38C735AE.ACE5618A@mail.usyd.edu.au> <347_Gcgh$qgi$GA.71@forums.sybase.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.easerver:26723
Article PK: 154429

There was a thread within the last week or so where someone mentioned a
cause for this but I don't remember what the reason was. Try searching this
NG

--

Larry Cermak [Team Sybase]
Corporate Technology Partners, Inc.
www.ctpartners.com
Web DataWindow Articles
(http://sdn.sybase.com/sdn/appdev/get_doc.stm?loc=1001708)

"Srinivasan Boosi" <sboosi@pegasoft.com> wrote in message
news:Gcgh$qgi$GA.71@forums.sybase.com...
> Hi,
>
> Our configuration is we have a stored procedure based datawindow
> which does some calculations
> and retrieves the data. This process takes some time and we can't avoid
this
> delay.
>
> In the mean time, when it process this data, if someother browser tries to
> access the database,
> we are getting this "connection busy with another hstmt" error.
>
> And we are expecting more data to come in and i don't know how to solve
this
> problem.
>
> Thanks,
> Srinivasan
>
> Adam Simmonds <asimmond@mail.usyd.edu.au> wrote in message
> news:38C735AE.ACE5618A@mail.usyd.edu.au...
> > Any reason why you need to retrieve 20,000 rows each time.
> > Could you cache the data in a shared or service object and then other
> objects
> > can extract the data as needed.
> >
> > This would be more efficient.
> >
> > Rgds
> > Adam
> >
> > Srinivasan Boosi wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > > I am having a problem with Jaguar/MS SQL Server ODBC interface.
I
> > > have defined ODBC (odbc32.dll) connection cache
> > > for MS SQL Server database.
> > >
> > > Enable Cache by name : Checked
> > > Enable Connection sanity check : Checked
> > > No of connections in cache : 10
> > >
> > > This works fine, if the number of users accessing at the same time is
> small.
> > > I opened up 2 browsers and keep on pressing Refresh button on 2
browser
> > > pages. This page creates the component (uses instance pooling)
connects
> to
> > > database using the connection cache and retrives from database. (more
> than
> > > 20,000 rows which I think takes some time)
> > >
> > > After sometime, the Jaguar hungs. No data is delivered to browser and
> from
> > > then, it doens't allow us to access any page. I looked at the Jaguar
> error
> > > message and it says :
> > >
> > > "cm__odbc_error: SQLError: 0, SQLState: S1000, [Microsoft][ODBC SQL
> Server
> > > Driver]Connection is busy with results for another hstmt."
> > >
> > > Can anybody help me to solve this problem?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Srinivasan Boosi
> >
>
>