Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

Sybase recomendation

10 posts in General Discussion (old) Last posting was on 2000-03-28 20:31:20.0Z
Tana Posted on 2000-03-27 15:09:32.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver
From: "Tana" <hepek@hepek.com>
Subject: Sybase recomendation
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 10:09:32 -0500
Lines: 52
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_000_000D_01BF97D4.8C08C870"
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 5.00.2919.6600
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.00.2919.6600
NNTP-Posting-Host: btefw1.bowne.com 12.29.195.131
Message-ID: <347_Nutt17$l$GA.201@forums.sybase.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.easerver:25659
Article PK: 155721

What kind of PC (speed, memory and disk space) would you recommend for use of EAStudio ?
 
I do not need minimum requirements, I need requirements for the PC that would have high level of productivity
and high performance using EAStudio.
The OS is windows NT 4.0.
 
regards
Tana
 
 


Mark J. Pfeifer Posted on 2000-03-27 15:55:59.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver
From: "Mark J. Pfeifer" <see_msg@sprynet.com>
Organization: 209.19.4.1
X-Newsreader: AspNNTP 1.41 (Advent 2000, Inc.)
Subject: Re: Sybase recomendation
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 10:55:59 -0500
Lines: 14
NNTP-Posting-Host: 207.156.232.4
Message-ID: <347_H9MEyTAm$GA.52@forums.sybase.com>
References: <347_Nutt17$l$GA.201@forums.sybase.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.easerver:25649
Article PK: 155713

On Mon, 27 Mar 2000 10:09:32 -0500,
in powersoft.public.easerver

Tana -

These questions are always fun and usually vague. Before people can make
recommendations on the configuration, you need to know how you are goign to use
the product, how many users, etc... Is this for development or production?

If you can provide more details about what you are trying to accomplish, we can
probably help out more.

Thanks,
Mark
Team Sybase.



Corporate Technology Partners, Inc.
www.ctpartners.com


Tana Posted on 2000-03-27 16:01:51.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver
From: "Tana" <hepek@hepek.com>
Subject: Re: Sybase recomendation
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 11:01:51 -0500
Lines: 39
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 5.00.2919.6600
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.00.2919.6600
NNTP-Posting-Host: btefw1.bowne.com 12.29.195.131
Message-ID: <347_64cQEZAm$GA.298@forums.sybase.com>
References: <347_Nutt17$l$GA.201@forums.sybase.com> <347_H9MEyTAm$GA.52@forums.sybase.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.easerver:25646
Article PK: 155711

Mark, thanks for rapid response.

Those PCs will be used for developing client-server PB applications, as well
as Jaguar client applications.
We have 6 PB developers who would be using those PCs.

Again, I need requirements for the PC that would have high level of
productivity and high performance while developing EAStudio applications.


Tana

"Mark J. Pfeifer" <see_msg@sprynet.com> wrote in message
news:H9MEyTAm$GA.52@forums.sybase.com...
> On Mon, 27 Mar 2000 10:09:32 -0500,
> in powersoft.public.easerver
>
> Tana -
>
> These questions are always fun and usually vague. Before people can make
> recommendations on the configuration, you need to know how you are goign
to use
> the product, how many users, etc... Is this for development or production?
>
> If you can provide more details about what you are trying to accomplish,
we can
> probably help out more.
>
> Thanks,
> Mark
> Team Sybase.
>
>
>
> Corporate Technology Partners, Inc.
> www.ctpartners.com


Mark J. Pfeifer[TeamSybase] Posted on 2000-03-28 02:00:31.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver
From: Mark J. Pfeifer[TeamSybase] <see_msg@sprynet.com>
Subject: Re: Sybase recomendation
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 19:00:31 -0700
Organization: Corporate Technology Partners, Inc.
X-Newsreader: MicroPlanet Gravity v2.20
Lines: 28
NNTP-Posting-Host: dialup-206-26-107-150.mho.net 206.26.107.150
Message-ID: <347_MPG.1349c0269166619989725@forums.sybase.com>
References: <347_Nutt17$l$GA.201@forums.sybase.com> <347_H9MEyTAm$GA.52@forums.sybase.com> <347_64cQEZAm$GA.298@forums.sybase.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.easerver:25540
Article PK: 155618

In article <64cQEZAm$GA.298@forums.sybase.com>, hepek@hepek.com says...

> Mark, thanks for rapid response.
>
> Those PCs will be used for developing client-server PB applications, as well
> as Jaguar client applications.
> We have 6 PB developers who would be using those PCs.
>
> Again, I need requirements for the PC that would have high level of
> productivity and high performance while developing EAStudio applications.
>

I would say that you would want at least 128 on the client. Especially if
you are going to use Java2 clients. The processor speed is probably not
as important has memory. Go with 400+. I am using a 400 desktop and
laptop w/o any issues.

Make sure the server is pretty decent, but nothing special for 6
developers.

HTH
Mark

--

Mark J. Pfeifer[TeamSybase] Corporate Technology Partners, Inc.
mpfeifer @ sprynet.com Emerging Technology Solutions
www.ctpartners.com

Upcoming Events: (http://www.sybase.com/events)

* Build the Future - Phoenix, AZ and Stamford, CT
* WhistleStop - Denver, CO and Chicago, IL


Dave Wolf [Sybase] Posted on 2000-03-28 02:09:41.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver
From: "Dave Wolf [Sybase]" <dwolf@sybase.com>
Subject: Re: Sybase recomendation
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 21:09:41 -0500
Lines: 46
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 5.00.2919.6600
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.00.2919.6600
NNTP-Posting-Host: nomad6-31.sybase.com 157.133.176.31
Message-ID: <347_Ooj4QtFm$GA.201@forums.sybase.com>
References: <347_Nutt17$l$GA.201@forums.sybase.com> <347_H9MEyTAm$GA.52@forums.sybase.com> <347_64cQEZAm$GA.298@forums.sybase.com> <347_MPG.1349c0269166619989725@forums.sybase.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.easerver:25532
Article PK: 155606

Im using a 300Mhz IBM laptop with 128MB ram and 4GB of disk.

I feel laptop challenged.

Dave Wolf
Internet Applications Division

"Mark J. Pfeifer[TeamSybase]" <see_msg@sprynet.com> wrote in message
news:MPG.1349c0269166619989725@forums.sybase.com...
> In article <64cQEZAm$GA.298@forums.sybase.com>, hepek@hepek.com says...
> > Mark, thanks for rapid response.
> >
> > Those PCs will be used for developing client-server PB applications, as
well
> > as Jaguar client applications.
> > We have 6 PB developers who would be using those PCs.
> >
> > Again, I need requirements for the PC that would have high level of
> > productivity and high performance while developing EAStudio
applications.
> >
>
> I would say that you would want at least 128 on the client. Especially if
> you are going to use Java2 clients. The processor speed is probably not
> as important has memory. Go with 400+. I am using a 400 desktop and
> laptop w/o any issues.
>
> Make sure the server is pretty decent, but nothing special for 6
> developers.
>
> HTH
> Mark
>
> --
>
> Mark J. Pfeifer[TeamSybase] Corporate Technology Partners, Inc.
> mpfeifer @ sprynet.com Emerging Technology Solutions
> www.ctpartners.com
>
> Upcoming Events: (http://www.sybase.com/events)
>
> * Build the Future - Phoenix, AZ and Stamford, CT
> * WhistleStop - Denver, CO and Chicago, IL
>


Bill Green[TeamSybase] Posted on 2000-03-28 15:41:54.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 10:41:54 -0500
From: "Bill Green[TeamSybase]" <bill.green@teamsybase.com>
Reply-To: bill.green@teamsybase.com
Organization: TeamSybase
X-Mailer: Mozilla 4.6 [en] (WinNT; I)
X-Accept-Language: en
MIME-Version: 1.0
Subject: Re: Sybase recomendation
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Lines: 55
NNTP-Posting-Host: threshold3.jpmorgan.com 169.71.1.12
Message-ID: <347_38E0D2C1.31AD0C6F@teamsybase.com>
References: <347_Nutt17$l$GA.201@forums.sybase.com> <347_H9MEyTAm$GA.52@forums.sybase.com> <347_64cQEZAm$GA.298@forums.sybase.com> <347_MPG.1349c0269166619989725@forums.sybase.com> <347_Ooj4QtFm$GA.201@forums.sybase.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.easerver:25473
Article PK: 155555

Hey, I'm using a 300Mhz with 96MB Ram. Don't feel that bad....

I'm also running PB7, EAServer, etc etc all on my laptop, and performance is
pretty decent.

Any lower bids?

"Dave Wolf [Sybase]" wrote:

> Im using a 300Mhz IBM laptop with 128MB ram and 4GB of disk.
>
> I feel laptop challenged.
>
> Dave Wolf
> Internet Applications Division
>
> "Mark J. Pfeifer[TeamSybase]" <see_msg@sprynet.com> wrote in message
> news:MPG.1349c0269166619989725@forums.sybase.com...
> > In article <64cQEZAm$GA.298@forums.sybase.com>, hepek@hepek.com says...
> > > Mark, thanks for rapid response.
> > >
> > > Those PCs will be used for developing client-server PB applications, as
> well
> > > as Jaguar client applications.
> > > We have 6 PB developers who would be using those PCs.
> > >
> > > Again, I need requirements for the PC that would have high level of
> > > productivity and high performance while developing EAStudio
> applications.
> > >
> >
> > I would say that you would want at least 128 on the client. Especially if
> > you are going to use Java2 clients. The processor speed is probably not
> > as important has memory. Go with 400+. I am using a 400 desktop and
> > laptop w/o any issues.
> >
> > Make sure the server is pretty decent, but nothing special for 6
> > developers.
> >
> > HTH
> > Mark
> >
> > --
> >
> > Mark J. Pfeifer[TeamSybase] Corporate Technology Partners, Inc.
> > mpfeifer @ sprynet.com Emerging Technology Solutions
> > www.ctpartners.com
> >
> > Upcoming Events: (http://www.sybase.com/events)
> >
> > * Build the Future - Phoenix, AZ and Stamford, CT
> > * WhistleStop - Denver, CO and Chicago, IL
> >

--
Bill Green[TeamSybase]

-----------------------------------------------------------
Good Links to know, good places to go:

Sybase Developer Network (SDN) - http://www.sybase.com/sdn
Find things like:
-- Print to PDF component
-- Lotus Notes E-Mail component
-- Taking existing PB apps to the web white paper

PFC Guide - http://www.pfcguide.com
Power3 - Custom Training - http://www.power3.com
-----------------------------------------------------------


Dave Wolf [Sybase] Posted on 2000-03-28 15:48:53.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver
From: "Dave Wolf [Sybase]" <dwolf@sybase.com>
Subject: Re: Sybase recomendation
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 10:48:53 -0500
Lines: 88
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 5.00.2919.6600
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.00.2919.6600
NNTP-Posting-Host: nomad6-31.sybase.com 157.133.176.31
Message-ID: <347_OK1NH3Mm$GA.52@forums.sybase.com>
References: <347_Nutt17$l$GA.201@forums.sybase.com> <347_H9MEyTAm$GA.52@forums.sybase.com> <347_64cQEZAm$GA.298@forums.sybase.com> <347_MPG.1349c0269166619989725@forums.sybase.com> <347_Ooj4QtFm$GA.201@forums.sybase.com> <347_38E0D2C1.31AD0C6F@teamsybase.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.easerver:25472
Article PK: 155554

Dont let Scott chime in. He's got the newest box of us all. They added 3
new hamsters to his. :)

Dave Wolf
Internet Applications Division

"Bill Green[TeamSybase]" <bill.green@teamsybase.com> wrote in message
news:38E0D2C1.31AD0C6F@teamsybase.com...
> Hey, I'm using a 300Mhz with 96MB Ram. Don't feel that bad....
>
> I'm also running PB7, EAServer, etc etc all on my laptop, and performance
is
> pretty decent.
>
> Any lower bids?
>
>
>
> "Dave Wolf [Sybase]" wrote:
>
> > Im using a 300Mhz IBM laptop with 128MB ram and 4GB of disk.
> >
> > I feel laptop challenged.
> >
> > Dave Wolf
> > Internet Applications Division
> >
> > "Mark J. Pfeifer[TeamSybase]" <see_msg@sprynet.com> wrote in message
> > news:MPG.1349c0269166619989725@forums.sybase.com...
> > > In article <64cQEZAm$GA.298@forums.sybase.com>, hepek@hepek.com
says...
> > > > Mark, thanks for rapid response.
> > > >
> > > > Those PCs will be used for developing client-server PB applications,
as
> > well
> > > > as Jaguar client applications.
> > > > We have 6 PB developers who would be using those PCs.
> > > >
> > > > Again, I need requirements for the PC that would have high level of
> > > > productivity and high performance while developing EAStudio
> > applications.
> > > >
> > >
> > > I would say that you would want at least 128 on the client. Especially
if
> > > you are going to use Java2 clients. The processor speed is probably
not
> > > as important has memory. Go with 400+. I am using a 400 desktop and
> > > laptop w/o any issues.
> > >
> > > Make sure the server is pretty decent, but nothing special for 6
> > > developers.
> > >
> > > HTH
> > > Mark
> > >
> > > --
> > >
> > > Mark J. Pfeifer[TeamSybase] Corporate Technology Partners, Inc.
> > > mpfeifer @ sprynet.com Emerging Technology Solutions
> > > www.ctpartners.com
> > >
> > > Upcoming Events: (http://www.sybase.com/events)
> > >
> > > * Build the Future - Phoenix, AZ and Stamford, CT
> > > * WhistleStop - Denver, CO and Chicago, IL
> > >
>
> --
> Bill Green[TeamSybase]
>
> -----------------------------------------------------------
> Good Links to know, good places to go:
>
> Sybase Developer Network (SDN) - http://www.sybase.com/sdn
> Find things like:
> -- Print to PDF component
> -- Lotus Notes E-Mail component
> -- Taking existing PB apps to the web white paper
>
> PFC Guide - http://www.pfcguide.com
> Power3 - Custom Training - http://www.power3.com
> -----------------------------------------------------------
>
>


Bill Green[TeamSybase] Posted on 2000-03-28 20:31:20.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 15:31:20 -0500
From: "Bill Green[TeamSybase]" <bill.green@teamsybase.com>
Reply-To: bill.green@teamsybase.com
Organization: TeamSybase
X-Mailer: Mozilla 4.6 [en] (WinNT; I)
X-Accept-Language: en
MIME-Version: 1.0
Subject: Re: Sybase recomendation
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Lines: 84
NNTP-Posting-Host: threshold3.jpmorgan.com 169.71.1.12
Message-ID: <347_38E11698.36596CA3@teamsybase.com>
References: <347_Nutt17$l$GA.201@forums.sybase.com> <347_H9MEyTAm$GA.52@forums.sybase.com> <347_64cQEZAm$GA.298@forums.sybase.com> <347_MPG.1349c0269166619989725@forums.sybase.com> <347_Ooj4QtFm$GA.201@forums.sybase.com> <347_38E0D2C1.31AD0C6F@teamsybase.com> <347_OK1NH3Mm$GA.52@forums.sybase.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.easerver:25436
Article PK: 154304

Hamsters? You got hamsters? All we got was a few small rocks....

"Dave Wolf [Sybase]" wrote:

> Dont let Scott chime in. He's got the newest box of us all. They added 3
> new hamsters to his. :)
>
> Dave Wolf
> Internet Applications Division
>
> "Bill Green[TeamSybase]" <bill.green@teamsybase.com> wrote in message
> news:38E0D2C1.31AD0C6F@teamsybase.com...
> > Hey, I'm using a 300Mhz with 96MB Ram. Don't feel that bad....
> >
> > I'm also running PB7, EAServer, etc etc all on my laptop, and performance
> is
> > pretty decent.
> >
> > Any lower bids?
> >
> >
> >
> > "Dave Wolf [Sybase]" wrote:
> >
> > > Im using a 300Mhz IBM laptop with 128MB ram and 4GB of disk.
> > >
> > > I feel laptop challenged.
> > >
> > > Dave Wolf
> > > Internet Applications Division
> > >
> > > "Mark J. Pfeifer[TeamSybase]" <see_msg@sprynet.com> wrote in message
> > > news:MPG.1349c0269166619989725@forums.sybase.com...
> > > > In article <64cQEZAm$GA.298@forums.sybase.com>, hepek@hepek.com
> says...
> > > > > Mark, thanks for rapid response.
> > > > >
> > > > > Those PCs will be used for developing client-server PB applications,
> as
> > > well
> > > > > as Jaguar client applications.
> > > > > We have 6 PB developers who would be using those PCs.
> > > > >
> > > > > Again, I need requirements for the PC that would have high level of
> > > > > productivity and high performance while developing EAStudio
> > > applications.
> > > > >
> > > >
> > > > I would say that you would want at least 128 on the client. Especially
> if
> > > > you are going to use Java2 clients. The processor speed is probably
> not
> > > > as important has memory. Go with 400+. I am using a 400 desktop and
> > > > laptop w/o any issues.
> > > >
> > > > Make sure the server is pretty decent, but nothing special for 6
> > > > developers.
> > > >
> > > > HTH
> > > > Mark
> > > >
> > > > --
> > > >
> > > > Mark J. Pfeifer[TeamSybase] Corporate Technology Partners, Inc.
> > > > mpfeifer @ sprynet.com Emerging Technology Solutions
> > > > www.ctpartners.com
> > > >
> > > > Upcoming Events: (http://www.sybase.com/events)
> > > >
> > > > * Build the Future - Phoenix, AZ and Stamford, CT
> > > > * WhistleStop - Denver, CO and Chicago, IL
> > > >
> >
> > --
> > Bill Green[TeamSybase]
> >
> > -----------------------------------------------------------
> > Good Links to know, good places to go:
> >
> > Sybase Developer Network (SDN) - http://www.sybase.com/sdn
> > Find things like:
> > -- Print to PDF component
> > -- Lotus Notes E-Mail component
> > -- Taking existing PB apps to the web white paper
> >
> > PFC Guide - http://www.pfcguide.com
> > Power3 - Custom Training - http://www.power3.com
> > -----------------------------------------------------------
> >
> >

--
Bill Green[TeamSybase]

-----------------------------------------------------------
Good Links to know, good places to go:

Sybase Developer Network (SDN) - http://www.sybase.com/sdn
Find things like:
-- Print to PDF component
-- Lotus Notes E-Mail component
-- Taking existing PB apps to the web white paper

PFC Guide - http://www.pfcguide.com
Power3 - Custom Training - http://www.power3.com
-----------------------------------------------------------


Evan Ireland Posted on 2000-03-27 22:55:01.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 10:55:01 +1200
From: Evan Ireland <eireland@sybase.com>
Organization: Sybase, Inc.
X-Mailer: Mozilla 4.7 [en] (WinNT; U)
X-Accept-Language: en
MIME-Version: 1.0
To: Tana <hepek@hepek.com>
Subject: Re: Sybase recomendation
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Lines: 25
NNTP-Posting-Host: vpn-eme-081.sybase.com 130.214.8.81
Message-ID: <347_38DFE6C5.9CA5F157@sybase.com>
References: <347_Nutt17$l$GA.201@forums.sybase.com> <347_H9MEyTAm$GA.52@forums.sybase.com> <347_64cQEZAm$GA.298@forums.sybase.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.easerver:25569
Article PK: 155642


Tana wrote:
>
> Mark, thanks for rapid response.
>
> Those PCs will be used for developing client-server PB applications, as well
> as Jaguar client applications.
> We have 6 PB developers who would be using those PCs.
>
> Again, I need requirements for the PC that would have high level of
> productivity and high performance while developing EAStudio applications.

I use a 400 Mhz Dell PC with 128 Mb RAM. It works fine for development of
EAServer.

My recommendations for mimimum configuration for an effective PC development
environment are:

400 Mhz or faster CPU
128 Mb or more RAM
8 Gb or more disk

This accounts for the fact that I have other applications running on my PC,
i.e. other than EAStudio.
________________________________________________________________________________

Evan Ireland Sybase EAServer Engineering eireland@sybase.com
Wellington, New Zealand +64 4 934-5856


Tim Nesham Posted on 2000-03-27 18:58:04.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver
From: "Tim Nesham" <tim.nesham@born.com>
Subject: Re: Sybase recomendation
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 12:58:04 -0600
Lines: 51
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 5.00.2314.1300
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.00.2314.1300
NNTP-Posting-Host: 198.cleveland-25rs.oh.dial-access.att.net 12.76.119.198
Message-ID: <347_T$Uf68Bm$GA.290@forums.sybase.com>
References: <347_Nutt17$l$GA.201@forums.sybase.com> <347_H9MEyTAm$GA.52@forums.sybase.com> <347_64cQEZAm$GA.298@forums.sybase.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.easerver:25606
Article PK: 155673

We use 500 Mhz PIIIs with 128 meg ram running NT workstation for
development. And find this adequate. 256 meg ram would be better. We have
Jaguar running localhost and PWS.

But, production Jag servers is another question, entirely.

Tana <hepek@hepek.com> wrote in message
news:64cQEZAm$GA.298@forums.sybase.com...
> Mark, thanks for rapid response.
>
> Those PCs will be used for developing client-server PB applications, as
well
> as Jaguar client applications.
> We have 6 PB developers who would be using those PCs.
>
> Again, I need requirements for the PC that would have high level of
> productivity and high performance while developing EAStudio applications.
>
>
> Tana
>
>
> "Mark J. Pfeifer" <see_msg@sprynet.com> wrote in message
> news:H9MEyTAm$GA.52@forums.sybase.com...
> > On Mon, 27 Mar 2000 10:09:32 -0500,
> > in powersoft.public.easerver
> >
> > Tana -
> >
> > These questions are always fun and usually vague. Before people can make
> > recommendations on the configuration, you need to know how you are goign
> to use
> > the product, how many users, etc... Is this for development or
production?
> >
> > If you can provide more details about what you are trying to accomplish,
> we can
> > probably help out more.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Mark
> > Team Sybase.
> >
> >
> >
> > Corporate Technology Partners, Inc.
> > www.ctpartners.com
>
>