Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

How to set a dddw a default value

5 posts in General Discussion (old) Last posting was on 2000-03-11 18:01:27.0Z
Jorge Luzarraga C. Posted on 2000-03-10 00:10:47.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver
From: "Jorge Luzarraga C." <jluzarra@alboradasystems.com>
Subject: How to set a dddw a default value
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2000 19:10:47 -0500
Lines: 15
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 5.00.2314.1300
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.00.2314.1300
NNTP-Posting-Host: 209.170.68.205
Message-ID: <347_PepIHjii$GA.302@forums.sybase.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.easerver:26740
Article PK: 157722

Hello, it's me again.

I'm wondering how to set a dropdown datawindow an initial value(default),
and that this value is mantained if the user reloads the page whenever
he/she triggers an itemchanged event.

TIA

--
Ing. Jorge Luzarraga C.
Analista de Sistemas
Alborada Systems, S.A.
www.alboradasystems.com


Larry Cermak[Team Sybase] Posted on 2000-03-10 04:52:50.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver
From: "Larry Cermak[Team Sybase]" <lcermak@ctpartners.com>
Subject: Re: How to set a dddw a default value
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2000 22:52:50 -0600
Lines: 36
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 5.00.2919.6600
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.00.2919.6600
NNTP-Posting-Host: node6.dhcpchi.dslspeed.zyan.com 208.41.199.6
Message-ID: <347_FWQN$2ki$GA.111@forums.sybase.com>
References: <347_PepIHjii$GA.302@forums.sybase.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.easerver:26718
Article PK: 157711

As I see it you have 2 options.

1) use the initial value on the datawindow
2) customize the component to add a setvalue method that you can call each
time the page is loaded. What I do is that combined with parameters in the
page to indicate whether I want to re-retrieve the data each time the page
is reloaded.

--

Larry Cermak [Team Sybase]
Corporate Technology Partners, Inc.
www.ctpartners.com
Web DataWindow Articles
(http://sdn.sybase.com/sdn/appdev/get_doc.stm?loc=1001708)

"Jorge Luzarraga C." <jluzarra@alboradasystems.com> wrote in message
news:PepIHjii$GA.302@forums.sybase.com...
> Hello, it's me again.
>
> I'm wondering how to set a dropdown datawindow an initial value(default),
> and that this value is mantained if the user reloads the page whenever
> he/she triggers an itemchanged event.
>
> TIA
>
> --
> Ing. Jorge Luzarraga C.
> Analista de Sistemas
> Alborada Systems, S.A.
> www.alboradasystems.com
>
>


Jorge Luzarraga C. Posted on 2000-03-10 13:59:40.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver
From: "Jorge Luzarraga C." <jluzarra@alboradasystems.com>
Subject: Re: How to set a dddw a default value
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 08:59:40 -0500
Lines: 48
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 5.00.2314.1300
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.00.2314.1300
NNTP-Posting-Host: 209.170.68.205
Message-ID: <347_8SgfUypi$GA.71@forums.sybase.com>
References: <347_PepIHjii$GA.302@forums.sybase.com> <347_FWQN$2ki$GA.111@forums.sybase.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.easerver:26695
Article PK: 157689

Larry,
I apologize, I know I'm being really annoying but would you please give me
an example of how to get the parameter that we send with the page url. ;-)

TIA.

Larry Cermak[Team Sybase] <lcermak@ctpartners.com> wrote in message
news:FWQN$2ki$GA.111@forums.sybase.com...
> As I see it you have 2 options.
>
> 1) use the initial value on the datawindow
> 2) customize the component to add a setvalue method that you can call each
> time the page is loaded. What I do is that combined with parameters in
the
> page to indicate whether I want to re-retrieve the data each time the page
> is reloaded.
>
> --
>
> Larry Cermak [Team Sybase]
> Corporate Technology Partners, Inc.
> www.ctpartners.com
> Web DataWindow Articles
> (http://sdn.sybase.com/sdn/appdev/get_doc.stm?loc=1001708)
>
>
> "Jorge Luzarraga C." <jluzarra@alboradasystems.com> wrote in message
> news:PepIHjii$GA.302@forums.sybase.com...
> > Hello, it's me again.
> >
> > I'm wondering how to set a dropdown datawindow an initial
value(default),
> > and that this value is mantained if the user reloads the page whenever
> > he/she triggers an itemchanged event.
> >
> > TIA
> >
> > --
> > Ing. Jorge Luzarraga C.
> > Analista de Sistemas
> > Alborada Systems, S.A.
> > www.alboradasystems.com
> >
> >
>
>


Larry Cermak[Team Sybase] Posted on 2000-03-11 03:39:09.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver
From: "Larry Cermak[Team Sybase]" <lcermak@ctpartners.com>
Subject: Re: How to set a dddw a default value
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 21:39:09 -0600
Lines: 81
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 5.00.2919.6600
X-Mimeole: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.00.2919.6600
NNTP-Posting-Host: node6.dhcpchi.dslspeed.zyan.com 208.41.199.6
Message-ID: <347_kPogjywi$GA.202@forums.sybase.com>
References: <347_PepIHjii$GA.302@forums.sybase.com> <347_FWQN$2ki$GA.111@forums.sybase.com> <347_8SgfUypi$GA.71@forums.sybase.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.easerver:26608
Article PK: 157612

Not annoying at all, that's what these newsgroups are all about! If I
didn't enjoy helping out I would not do it.

What I do is have a link on a window1 to window2
(window2.html?refresh=true).

Then in the window2.html I do something like the following:

if (document.value.refresh == true)
{
dwServer.RetrieveEx(arguments);
document.value.refresh = false
}

This will cause the retrieve to occur the first time, but not when the page
is reloaded.

--

Larry Cermak [Team Sybase]
Corporate Technology Partners, Inc.
www.ctpartners.com
Web DataWindow Articles
(http://sdn.sybase.com/sdn/appdev/get_doc.stm?loc=1001708)

"Jorge Luzarraga C." <jluzarra@alboradasystems.com> wrote in message
news:8SgfUypi$GA.71@forums.sybase.com...
> Larry,
> I apologize, I know I'm being really annoying but would you please give me
> an example of how to get the parameter that we send with the page url.
;-)
>
> TIA.
>
> Larry Cermak[Team Sybase] <lcermak@ctpartners.com> wrote in message
> news:FWQN$2ki$GA.111@forums.sybase.com...
> > As I see it you have 2 options.
> >
> > 1) use the initial value on the datawindow
> > 2) customize the component to add a setvalue method that you can call
each
> > time the page is loaded. What I do is that combined with parameters in
> the
> > page to indicate whether I want to re-retrieve the data each time the
page
> > is reloaded.
> >
> > --
> >
> > Larry Cermak [Team Sybase]
> > Corporate Technology Partners, Inc.
> > www.ctpartners.com
> > Web DataWindow Articles
> > (http://sdn.sybase.com/sdn/appdev/get_doc.stm?loc=1001708)
> >
> >
> > "Jorge Luzarraga C." <jluzarra@alboradasystems.com> wrote in message
> > news:PepIHjii$GA.302@forums.sybase.com...
> > > Hello, it's me again.
> > >
> > > I'm wondering how to set a dropdown datawindow an initial
> value(default),
> > > and that this value is mantained if the user reloads the page whenever
> > > he/she triggers an itemchanged event.
> > >
> > > TIA
> > >
> > > --
> > > Ing. Jorge Luzarraga C.
> > > Analista de Sistemas
> > > Alborada Systems, S.A.
> > > www.alboradasystems.com
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>


Jorge Luzarraga C. Posted on 2000-03-11 18:01:27.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver
From: "Jorge Luzarraga C." <jluzarra@alboradasystems.com>
Subject: Re: How to set a dddw a default value
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2000 13:01:27 -0500
Lines: 107
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 5.00.2314.1300
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.00.2314.1300
NNTP-Posting-Host: 209.170.68.205
Message-ID: <347_Sca7Ne4i$GA.71@forums.sybase.com>
References: <347_PepIHjii$GA.302@forums.sybase.com> <347_FWQN$2ki$GA.111@forums.sybase.com> <347_8SgfUypi$GA.71@forums.sybase.com> <347_kPogjywi$GA.202@forums.sybase.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.easerver:26594
Article PK: 157601

Larry,
Thanks a lot for your patience! It worked out!

but I got another doubt. I got a web datawindow with several ddw's and a
user-defined button. What I want to do is whenever the user clicks the
button ( function dwMine_Clicked) then load a new datawindow that is gonna
be displayed in another frame from the same page.This datawindow receives
arguments, and this arguments are the codes selected by the user from the
first datawindow(dddw's.).

My question is : How am I supposed to get those values(first datawindow)
from inside the dwMine_clicked function to load the second datawindow?
Could you please send a code example?

TIA

Larry Cermak[Team Sybase] <lcermak@ctpartners.com> wrote in message
news:kPogjywi$GA.202@forums.sybase.com...
> Not annoying at all, that's what these newsgroups are all about! If I
> didn't enjoy helping out I would not do it.
>
> What I do is have a link on a window1 to window2
> (window2.html?refresh=true).
>
> Then in the window2.html I do something like the following:
>
> if (document.value.refresh == true)
> {
> dwServer.RetrieveEx(arguments);
> document.value.refresh = false
> }
>
> This will cause the retrieve to occur the first time, but not when the
page
> is reloaded.
>
> --
>
> Larry Cermak [Team Sybase]
> Corporate Technology Partners, Inc.
> www.ctpartners.com
> Web DataWindow Articles
> (http://sdn.sybase.com/sdn/appdev/get_doc.stm?loc=1001708)
>
>
> "Jorge Luzarraga C." <jluzarra@alboradasystems.com> wrote in message
> news:8SgfUypi$GA.71@forums.sybase.com...
> > Larry,
> > I apologize, I know I'm being really annoying but would you please give
me
> > an example of how to get the parameter that we send with the page url.
> ;-)
> >
> > TIA.
> >
> > Larry Cermak[Team Sybase] <lcermak@ctpartners.com> wrote in message
> > news:FWQN$2ki$GA.111@forums.sybase.com...
> > > As I see it you have 2 options.
> > >
> > > 1) use the initial value on the datawindow
> > > 2) customize the component to add a setvalue method that you can call
> each
> > > time the page is loaded. What I do is that combined with parameters
in
> > the
> > > page to indicate whether I want to re-retrieve the data each time the
> page
> > > is reloaded.
> > >
> > > --
> > >
> > > Larry Cermak [Team Sybase]
> > > Corporate Technology Partners, Inc.
> > > www.ctpartners.com
> > > Web DataWindow Articles
> > > (http://sdn.sybase.com/sdn/appdev/get_doc.stm?loc=1001708)
> > >
> > >
> > > "Jorge Luzarraga C." <jluzarra@alboradasystems.com> wrote in message
> > > news:PepIHjii$GA.302@forums.sybase.com...
> > > > Hello, it's me again.
> > > >
> > > > I'm wondering how to set a dropdown datawindow an initial
> > value(default),
> > > > and that this value is mantained if the user reloads the page
whenever
> > > > he/she triggers an itemchanged event.
> > > >
> > > > TIA
> > > >
> > > > --
> > > > Ing. Jorge Luzarraga C.
> > > > Analista de Sistemas
> > > > Alborada Systems, S.A.
> > > > www.alboradasystems.com
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>