Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

Can I handle selectRow on a Tabular Web Datawindow at client side?

4 posts in General Discussion (old) Last posting was on 2000-03-14 20:02:29.0Z
Jorge Luzarraga C. Posted on 2000-03-13 15:22:45.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver
From: "Jorge Luzarraga C." <jluzarra@alboradasystems.com>
Subject: Can I handle selectRow on a Tabular Web Datawindow at client side?
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 10:22:45 -0500
Lines: 15
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 5.00.2314.1300
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.00.2314.1300
NNTP-Posting-Host: 209.170.68.205
Message-ID: <347_ShJK7OQj$GA.261@forums.sybase.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.easerver:26547
Article PK: 157560

Hello,

I wonder if I can handle the selectRow efect on a Tabular Web Datawindow in
order to catch the selected row at client side. If so then how could I do
it? (code example) else is there any workaround?

TIA

--
Ing. Jorge Luzarraga C.
Analista de Sistemas
Alborada Systems, S.A.
www.alboradasystems.com


Larry Cermak[Team Sybase] Posted on 2000-03-14 14:05:37.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver
From: "Larry Cermak[Team Sybase]" <lcermak@ctpartners.com>
Subject: Re: Can I handle selectRow on a Tabular Web Datawindow at client side?
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 08:05:37 -0600
Lines: 39
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 5.00.2919.6600
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.00.2919.6600
NNTP-Posting-Host: node6.dhcpchi.dslspeed.zyan.com 208.41.199.6
Message-ID: <347_8sFlu#bj$GA.151@forums.sybase.com>
References: <347_ShJK7OQj$GA.261@forums.sybase.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.easerver:26458
Article PK: 157472

AFAIK there is no equivalent to selectrow in a browser. You could do
several things.

1) Use client-side scripting to set the value of a computed column to be an
indicator

2) Customize the generator component to set the backgrounds of all fields to
the same color when a row is selected. This will cause a round-trip to the
server.

--

Larry Cermak [Team Sybase]
Corporate Technology Partners, Inc.
www.ctpartners.com
Web DataWindow Articles
(http://sdn.sybase.com/sdn/appdev/get_doc.stm?loc=1001708)

"Jorge Luzarraga C." <jluzarra@alboradasystems.com> wrote in message
news:ShJK7OQj$GA.261@forums.sybase.com...
> Hello,
>
> I wonder if I can handle the selectRow efect on a Tabular Web Datawindow
in
> order to catch the selected row at client side. If so then how could I do
> it? (code example) else is there any workaround?
>
> TIA
>
> --
> Ing. Jorge Luzarraga C.
> Analista de Sistemas
> Alborada Systems, S.A.
> www.alboradasystems.com
>
>


Jorge Luzarraga C. Posted on 2000-03-14 15:39:19.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver
From: "Jorge Luzarraga C." <jluzarra@alboradasystems.com>
Subject: Re: Can I handle selectRow on a Tabular Web Datawindow at client side?
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 10:39:19 -0500
Lines: 55
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 5.00.2314.1300
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.00.2314.1300
NNTP-Posting-Host: 209.170.68.205
Message-ID: <347_XYXc78cj$GA.201@forums.sybase.com>
References: <347_ShJK7OQj$GA.261@forums.sybase.com> <347_8sFlu#bj$GA.151@forums.sybase.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.easerver:26447
Article PK: 157117

Larry,

Thinking about that I see there's no other alternative that a server side
method because if I choose a computed field, I have to reload the page for
the user to see the changes since this dw takes arguments, isn't it?

Would you please be more specific? ;-)

Larry Cermak[Team Sybase] <lcermak@ctpartners.com> wrote in message
news:8sFlu#bj$GA.151@forums.sybase.com...
> AFAIK there is no equivalent to selectrow in a browser. You could do
> several things.
>
> 1) Use client-side scripting to set the value of a computed column to be
an
> indicator
>
> 2) Customize the generator component to set the backgrounds of all fields
to
> the same color when a row is selected. This will cause a round-trip to
the
> server.
>
> --
>
> Larry Cermak [Team Sybase]
> Corporate Technology Partners, Inc.
> www.ctpartners.com
> Web DataWindow Articles
> (http://sdn.sybase.com/sdn/appdev/get_doc.stm?loc=1001708)
>
>
> "Jorge Luzarraga C." <jluzarra@alboradasystems.com> wrote in message
> news:ShJK7OQj$GA.261@forums.sybase.com...
> > Hello,
> >
> > I wonder if I can handle the selectRow efect on a Tabular Web Datawindow
> in
> > order to catch the selected row at client side. If so then how could I
do
> > it? (code example) else is there any workaround?
> >
> > TIA
> >
> > --
> > Ing. Jorge Luzarraga C.
> > Analista de Sistemas
> > Alborada Systems, S.A.
> > www.alboradasystems.com
> >
> >
>
>


Bill Burtnik Posted on 2000-03-14 20:02:29.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver
From: "Bill Burtnik" <bill.burtnik@cyrus-solutions.com>
Organization: 209.167.242.235
X-Newsreader: AspNNTP 1.41 (Advent 2000, Inc.)
Subject: Re: Can I handle selectRow on a Tabular Web Datawindow at client side?
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 15:02:29 -0500
Lines: 50
NNTP-Posting-Host: 207.156.232.4
Message-ID: <347_kVSI6Afj$GA.151@forums.sybase.com>
References: <347_ShJK7OQj$GA.261@forums.sybase.com> <347_8sFlu#bj$GA.151@forums.sybase.com> <347_XYXc78cj$GA.201@forums.sybase.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.easerver:26434
Article PK: 157105

Check out http://www.sys-con.com/pbdj/index2.html
Execute a search for "html dw" to find an article that shows how you might
implement
a current row indicator using a computed column client side scripting.

On Tue, 14 Mar 2000 10:39:19 -0500,
in powersoft.public.easerver

Jorge Luzarraga C. <jluzarra@alboradasystems.com> wrote:
>Larry,
>
>Thinking about that I see there's no other alternative that a server side
>method because if I choose a computed field, I have to reload the page for
>the user to see the changes since this dw takes arguments, isn't it?
>
>Would you please be more specific? ;-)
>
>Larry Cermak[Team Sybase] <lcermak@ctpartners.com> wrote in message
>news:8sFlu#bj$GA.151@forums.sybase.com...
>> AFAIK there is no equivalent to selectrow in a browser. You could do
>> several things.
>>
>> 1) Use client-side scripting to set the value of a computed column to be
>an
>> indicator
>>
>> 2) Customize the generator component to set the backgrounds of all fields
>to
>> the same color when a row is selected. This will cause a round-trip to
>the
>> server.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Larry Cermak [Team Sybase]
>> Corporate Technology Partners, Inc.
>> www.ctpartners.com
>> Web DataWindow Articles
>> (http://sdn.sybase.com/sdn/appdev/get_doc.stm?loc=1001708)
>>
>>
>> "Jorge Luzarraga C." <jluzarra@alboradasystems.com> wrote in message
>> news:ShJK7OQj$GA.261@forums.sybase.com...
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > I wonder if I can handle the selectRow efect on a Tabular Web Datawindow
>> in
>> > order to catch the selected row at client side. If so then how could I
>do
>> > it? (code example) else is there any workaround?
>> >
>> > TIA
>> >
>> > --
>> > Ing. Jorge Luzarraga C.
>> > Analista de Sistemas
>> > Alborada Systems, S.A.
>> > www.alboradasystems.com
>> >
>> >
>>
>>
>
>

---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==---
http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp