Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

SYJ native interface and SQL return codes

4 posts in General Discussion (old) Last posting was on 2000-02-23 00:20:20.0Z
Bertrand Leiser Posted on 2000-02-22 13:10:31.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver
From: "Bertrand Leiser" <leiser@synapse-info.com>
Organization: 193.250.98.75
X-Newsreader: AspNNTP 1.41 (Advent 2000, Inc.)
Subject: SYJ native interface and SQL return codes
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 08:10:31 -0500
Lines: 28
NNTP-Posting-Host: 207.156.232.4
Message-ID: <347_jmeQyYTf$GA.201@forums.sybase.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.easerver:28218
Article PK: 160093

Hi,

I'm using PB 7.0.2 and Jaguar 3.5.

My app connect to a Sybase Adaptive Server 11.5.1, using native interface SYJ.

When my app submit incorrect syntax to ASE or call stored procedure that raise
errors, the SQLCA.Sqlcode and SQLCA.sqldbcode are still valued to 0. Error
messages are logged into the srv.log file of Jaguar correctly but I can't detect
the error in the code. Does anybody know why ?
I've made a very simple test with only an "execute immediate" of a command like
'use xxxx'. No return code ! Only this message in srv.log

Feb 22 13:58:51 2000: Server Message: HPPI1151S3 - 911/11/2/ZZZZZ: Attempt to
locate entry in sysdatabases for database 'xxxx' by name failed - no entry found
under that name. Make sure that name is entered properly.

Thanks for your help !



Bertrand Leiser - leiser@synapse-info.com
_____________________________________________________
Synapse Informatique - www.synapse-info.com
12, Parc Club du Millenaire - F 34000 Montpellier
Tel. +33 (0)4 67 22 44 68 - Fax: +33 (0)4 67 22 04 53
GSM: +33 (0)6 07 60 10 75


Mark Maslow Posted on 2000-02-22 17:47:19.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver
From: "Mark Maslow" <mark.maslow@sierraclub.org>
Subject: Re: SYJ native interface and SQL return codes
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 09:47:19 -0800
Lines: 47
Organization: Sierra Club
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 5.00.2314.1300
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.00.2314.1300
NNTP-Posting-Host: machine001.sierraclub.org 207.90.163.1
Message-ID: <347_JuVut2Vf$GA.265@forums.sybase.com>
References: <347_jmeQyYTf$GA.201@forums.sybase.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.easerver:28164
Article PK: 160043

I know that earlier versions of PB and Jag had this outstanding bug. I am
somewhat surprised to hear that a fix seems to have not yet made it into
release. I did not personally report the bug, but I was under the
impression that it had been reported by a number of other users. Is there
anyone out there that reported this, and knows what the status is?

Mark Maslow

I know this behavior has been out there for some time

Bertrand Leiser <leiser@synapse-info.com> wrote in message
news:jmeQyYTf$GA.201@forums.sybase.com...
> Hi,
>
> I'm using PB 7.0.2 and Jaguar 3.5.
>
> My app connect to a Sybase Adaptive Server 11.5.1, using native interface
SYJ.
>
> When my app submit incorrect syntax to ASE or call stored procedure that
raise
> errors, the SQLCA.Sqlcode and SQLCA.sqldbcode are still valued to 0. Error
> messages are logged into the srv.log file of Jaguar correctly but I can't
detect
> the error in the code. Does anybody know why ?
> I've made a very simple test with only an "execute immediate" of a command
like
> 'use xxxx'. No return code ! Only this message in srv.log
>
> Feb 22 13:58:51 2000: Server Message: HPPI1151S3 - 911/11/2/ZZZZZ: Attempt
to
> locate entry in sysdatabases for database 'xxxx' by name failed - no entry
found
> under that name. Make sure that name is entered properly.
>
> Thanks for your help !
>
>
>
> Bertrand Leiser - leiser@synapse-info.com
> _____________________________________________________
> Synapse Informatique - www.synapse-info.com
> 12, Parc Club du Millenaire - F 34000 Montpellier
> Tel. +33 (0)4 67 22 44 68 - Fax: +33 (0)4 67 22 04 53
> GSM: +33 (0)6 07 60 10 75
>


Edie Harris Posted on 2000-02-22 20:15:34.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver
Reply-To: "Edie Harris" <edie_harris@rsco.com>
From: "Edie Harris" <edie_harris@rsco.com>
Subject: Re: SYJ native interface and SQL return codes
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 12:15:34 -0800
Lines: 59
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 5.00.2314.1300
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.00.2314.1300
NNTP-Posting-Host: user250.rsco.com 206.79.48.250
Message-ID: <347_gqEGyIXf$GA.202@forums.sybase.com>
References: <347_jmeQyYTf$GA.201@forums.sybase.com> <347_JuVut2Vf$GA.265@forums.sybase.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.easerver:28141
Article PK: 160027

We got this corrected with PBSYJ 070 from build 7027...

Mark Maslow <mark.maslow@sierraclub.org> wrote in message
news:JuVut2Vf$GA.265@forums.sybase.com...
> I know that earlier versions of PB and Jag had this outstanding bug. I am
> somewhat surprised to hear that a fix seems to have not yet made it into
> release. I did not personally report the bug, but I was under the
> impression that it had been reported by a number of other users. Is there
> anyone out there that reported this, and knows what the status is?
>
> Mark Maslow
>
> I know this behavior has been out there for some time
> Bertrand Leiser <leiser@synapse-info.com> wrote in message
> news:jmeQyYTf$GA.201@forums.sybase.com...
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm using PB 7.0.2 and Jaguar 3.5.
> >
> > My app connect to a Sybase Adaptive Server 11.5.1, using native
interface
> SYJ.
> >
> > When my app submit incorrect syntax to ASE or call stored procedure that
> raise
> > errors, the SQLCA.Sqlcode and SQLCA.sqldbcode are still valued to 0.
Error
> > messages are logged into the srv.log file of Jaguar correctly but I
can't
> detect
> > the error in the code. Does anybody know why ?
> > I've made a very simple test with only an "execute immediate" of a
command
> like
> > 'use xxxx'. No return code ! Only this message in srv.log
> >
> > Feb 22 13:58:51 2000: Server Message: HPPI1151S3 - 911/11/2/ZZZZZ:
Attempt
> to
> > locate entry in sysdatabases for database 'xxxx' by name failed - no
entry
> found
> > under that name. Make sure that name is entered properly.
> >
> > Thanks for your help !
> >
> >
> >
> > Bertrand Leiser - leiser@synapse-info.com
> > _____________________________________________________
> > Synapse Informatique - www.synapse-info.com
> > 12, Parc Club du Millenaire - F 34000 Montpellier
> > Tel. +33 (0)4 67 22 44 68 - Fax: +33 (0)4 67 22 04 53
> > GSM: +33 (0)6 07 60 10 75
> >
>
>


Mark Maslow Posted on 2000-02-23 00:20:20.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver
From: "Mark Maslow" <mark.maslow@sierraclub.org>
Subject: Re: SYJ native interface and SQL return codes
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 16:20:20 -0800
Lines: 81
Organization: Sierra Club
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 5.00.2314.1300
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.00.2314.1300
NNTP-Posting-Host: machine001.sierraclub.org 207.90.163.1
Message-ID: <347_T12PUSZf$GA.201@forums.sybase.com>
References: <347_jmeQyYTf$GA.201@forums.sybase.com> <347_JuVut2Vf$GA.265@forums.sybase.com> <347_gqEGyIXf$GA.202@forums.sybase.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.easerver:28122
Article PK: 160009

That's interesting. This is what I received from Tech Support on the
subject:

This has been reported before - CR # 206418.
The CR # case notes show....
Tested with PB build 8009 and Jaguar EBF 3.5 : FIXED

That doesn't specifically say that it wasn't fixed in an earlier release,
but the original message on this thread seems to indicate that it wasn't (PB
Build 8009 is an EBF to EA Studio 3.5). How Edie got it to work in a much
earlier release, I have no idea - she obviously has the magic touch ...

Mark Maslow

Edie Harris <edie_harris@rsco.com> wrote in message
news:gqEGyIXf$GA.202@forums.sybase.com...
> We got this corrected with PBSYJ 070 from build 7027...
>
> Mark Maslow <mark.maslow@sierraclub.org> wrote in message
> news:JuVut2Vf$GA.265@forums.sybase.com...
> > I know that earlier versions of PB and Jag had this outstanding bug. I
am
> > somewhat surprised to hear that a fix seems to have not yet made it
into
> > release. I did not personally report the bug, but I was under the
> > impression that it had been reported by a number of other users. Is
there
> > anyone out there that reported this, and knows what the status is?
> >
> > Mark Maslow
> >
> > I know this behavior has been out there for some time
> > Bertrand Leiser <leiser@synapse-info.com> wrote in message
> > news:jmeQyYTf$GA.201@forums.sybase.com...
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I'm using PB 7.0.2 and Jaguar 3.5.
> > >
> > > My app connect to a Sybase Adaptive Server 11.5.1, using native
> interface
> > SYJ.
> > >
> > > When my app submit incorrect syntax to ASE or call stored procedure
that
> > raise
> > > errors, the SQLCA.Sqlcode and SQLCA.sqldbcode are still valued to 0.
> Error
> > > messages are logged into the srv.log file of Jaguar correctly but I
> can't
> > detect
> > > the error in the code. Does anybody know why ?
> > > I've made a very simple test with only an "execute immediate" of a
> command
> > like
> > > 'use xxxx'. No return code ! Only this message in srv.log
> > >
> > > Feb 22 13:58:51 2000: Server Message: HPPI1151S3 - 911/11/2/ZZZZZ:
> Attempt
> > to
> > > locate entry in sysdatabases for database 'xxxx' by name failed - no
> entry
> > found
> > > under that name. Make sure that name is entered properly.
> > >
> > > Thanks for your help !
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Bertrand Leiser - leiser@synapse-info.com
> > > _____________________________________________________
> > > Synapse Informatique - www.synapse-info.com
> > > 12, Parc Club du Millenaire - F 34000 Montpellier
> > > Tel. +33 (0)4 67 22 44 68 - Fax: +33 (0)4 67 22 04 53
> > > GSM: +33 (0)6 07 60 10 75
> > >
> >
> >
>
>