Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

Quick syntax question

5 posts in General Discussion (old) Last posting was on 2000-03-23 21:46:10.0Z
Paula Bosch Posted on 2000-03-23 17:08:48.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver
From: "Paula Bosch" <dpbosch@sprynet.com>
Organization: 12.33.164.2
X-Newsreader: AspNNTP 1.41 (Advent 2000, Inc.)
Subject: Quick syntax question
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 12:08:48 -0500
Lines: 17
NNTP-Posting-Host: 207.156.232.4
Message-ID: <347_mbUO0pOl$GA.111@forums.sybase.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.easerver:25821
Article PK: 155864

A quick syntax question....

I have two Jaguar servers urnjag2 and urnjag2. I've set up a cluster urnjag
where urnjag1 is the primary server. The following connect works.

c = create connection

c.driver = "jaguar"
c.application = "ace"
c.location = "iiop://urnjag1:9000;iiop://urnjag2:9000"
c.userid = "jagadmin"
c.password = "deskpro"

c.ConnectToServer()

I need to change the ace.ini

[Database]
DBMS = SYJ
Database = scope
DBParm = "CacheName='ace',UseContextObject='Yes',Host='urnjag1'"

What do I put in host?

Thanks, Paula
---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==---
http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp


Jim O'Neil [Sybase] Posted on 2000-03-23 17:24:09.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 12:24:09 -0500
From: "Jim O'Neil [Sybase]" <joneil@sybase.com>
Organization: Sybase, Inc.
X-Mailer: Mozilla 4.7 [en]C-CCK-MCD (WinNT; U)
X-Accept-Language: en
MIME-Version: 1.0
Subject: Re: Quick syntax question
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Lines: 23
NNTP-Posting-Host: joneil-nt.sybase.com 204.167.42.111
Message-ID: <347_38DA5339.C1CCA548@sybase.com>
References: <347_mbUO0pOl$GA.111@forums.sybase.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.easerver:25817
Article PK: 155859


Paula Bosch wrote:

> A quick syntax question....
>
> I have two Jaguar servers urnjag2 and urnjag2. I've set up a cluster urnjag
> where urnjag1 is the primary server. The following connect works.
>
> c = create connection
>
> c.driver = "jaguar"
> c.application = "ace"
> c.location = "iiop://urnjag1:9000;iiop://urnjag2:9000"
> c.userid = "jagadmin"
> c.password = "deskpro"
>
> c.ConnectToServer()
>
> I need to change the ace.ini
>
> [Database]
> DBMS = SYJ
> Database = scope
> DBParm = "CacheName='ace',UseContextObject='Yes',Host='urnjag1'"
>
> What do I put in host?
>
> Thanks, Paula
> ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==---
> http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp

Well, this is an easy one.... The Host DBParm is ignored in this context
anyway, so the point is moot.


--
Jim O'Neil
Senior Technical Support Engineer
Sybase, Inc


Paula Bosch Posted on 2000-03-23 18:06:26.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver
From: "Paula Bosch" <dpbosch@sprynet.com>
Organization: 12.33.164.2
X-Newsreader: AspNNTP 1.41 (Advent 2000, Inc.)
Subject: Re: Quick syntax question
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 13:06:26 -0500
Lines: 119
NNTP-Posting-Host: 207.156.232.4
Message-ID: <347_QiefBKPl$GA.34@forums.sybase.com>
References: <347_mbUO0pOl$GA.111@forums.sybase.com> <347_38DA5339.C1CCA548@sybase.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.easerver:25812
Article PK: 155854

Jim -

Thanks for your quick response. This works fine when run against my machine, but
when I deploy it to the cluster, it gives me a null reference. The id and pwd
are being passed correctly. Any ideas?

Thanks, Paula

Mar 23 11:45:24 2000:
Sybase Enterprise Application Server 3.5(Advanced Edition)
Mar 23 11:45:24 2000: Jaguar CTS - Component Transaction Server/Version 3.5
(Build 35036)/P/PC Intel/Windows NT 4.0/OPT/Nov 16 1999 16:23:20

Confidential property of Sybase, Inc.
(c) Copyright Sybase Inc. 1987,1999
All rights reserved.

Use, duplication, or disclosure by the United States Government
is subject to restrictions as set forth in FAR subparagraphs
52.227-19 (a)-(d) for civilian agency contracts and DFARS 252.227-7013
(c)(1)(ii) for Department of Defense contracts. Sybase reserves all
unpublished rights under the copyright laws of the United States.
Sybase, Inc. 6475 Christie Avenue, Emeryville, CA 94608 USA.
Mar 23 11:45:24 2000:
2 Phase Commit option is not licensed
Mar 23 11:45:24 2000: CLUSTERING Option Licensed
Mar 23 11:45:24 2000:
High Availibilty option is not licensed
Mar 23 11:45:24 2000:
Application Integrator for CICS option is not licensed
Mar 23 11:45:24 2000: Listener # 1: Jaguar_tds: Active: yes Protocol: 'TDS':
'localhost',7878 Security Profile: '*NONE*'
Mar 23 11:45:24 2000: Listener # 2: Jaguar_http: Active: yes Protocol: 'HTTP':
'localhost',8080 Security Profile: '*NONE*'
Mar 23 11:45:24 2000: Listener # 3: Jaguar_iiop: Active: yes Protocol: 'IIOP':
'urnjag1',9000 Security Profile: '*NONE*'
Mar 23 11:45:24 2000: Starting Jaguar CTS 3.5
Mar 23 11:45:24 2000: Server's native codeset is utf8
Warning: Failed to initialize SSLServiceProvider: reason: 23
Mar 23 11:45:24 2000: Library: 'libjjdk11x.dll' for component type 'java'
Mar 23 11:45:24 2000: Java JIT Compiler disabled
Mar 23 11:45:24 2000: Java component debugging disabled
Mar 23 11:45:24 2000: Java virtual machine initialized (version 10001)
Mar 23 11:45:24 2000: Repository: D:\Program Files\Sybase\Jaguar CTS
3.5\Repository
Mar 23 11:45:25 2000: Host IP: 10.7.57.250
Mar 23 11:45:25 2000: NameServiceURL: iiop://urnjag1:9000,iiop://urnjag2:9000
Mar 23 11:45:25 2000: Starting Services...
Mar 23 11:45:26 2000: Jaguar/Management setAdmin (waiting to join cluster
'urnjag', primary 'iiop://urnjag1:9000', version '7', startup 'check_primary')
Mar 23 11:45:28 2000: Jaguar/Management setAdmin (starting services)
Mar 23 11:45:28 2000: Started: Jaguar/Repository
Mar 23 11:45:28 2000: Started: Jaguar/GarbageCollector
Mar 23 11:45:28 2000: Started: Jaguar/JCM
Mar 23 11:45:28 2000: Starting Jaguar Naming Services...
Mar 23 11:45:54 2000: Started: CosNaming/NamingContext
Mar 23 11:45:54 2000: Started: CtsServlet/ServletService
Mar 23 11:45:54 2000: Running: services...
Mar 23 11:45:54 2000: Running: CosNaming/NamingContext
Mar 23 11:45:54 2000: Running: Jaguar/GarbageCollector
Mar 23 11:45:54 2000: Running: CtsServlet/ServletService
Mar 23 11:45:54 2000: Stopped: CtsServlet/ServletService
Mar 23 11:45:54 2000: Stopped: CosNaming/NamingContext
Mar 23 11:46:22 2000: Authentication timeout period is 3600 seconds.
Note: authentication timeout can be disabled.
Mar 23 11:46:22 2000: Authentication lockout period is 600 seconds.
Note: authentication lockout can be disabled.
Mar 23 11:47:20 2000: of_Login(). id = pbosch , pswrd = paula
Mar 23 11:49:03 2000: of_Login(). id = pbosch , pswrd = paula
Mar 23 11:49:27 2000: of_Login(). id = pbosch , pswrd = paula


On Thu, 23 Mar 2000 12:24:09 -0500,
in powersoft.public.easerver

Jim O'Neil [Sybase] <joneil@sybase.com> wrote:
>Paula Bosch wrote:
>
>> A quick syntax question....
>>
>> I have two Jaguar servers urnjag2 and urnjag2. I've set up a cluster urnjag
>> where urnjag1 is the primary server. The following connect works.
>>
>> c = create connection
>>
>> c.driver = "jaguar"
>> c.application = "ace"
>> c.location = "iiop://urnjag1:9000;iiop://urnjag2:9000"
>> c.userid = "jagadmin"
>> c.password = "deskpro"
>>
>> c.ConnectToServer()
>>
>> I need to change the ace.ini
>>
>> [Database]
>> DBMS = SYJ
>> Database = scope
>> DBParm = "CacheName='ace',UseContextObject='Yes',Host='urnjag1'"
>>
>> What do I put in host?
>>
>> Thanks, Paula
>> ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==---
>> http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp
>
>Well, this is an easy one.... The Host DBParm is ignored in this context
>anyway, so the point is moot.
>
>
>--
>Jim O'Neil
>Senior Technical Support Engineer
>Sybase, Inc
>
>

---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==---
http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp


Jim O'Neil [Sybase] Posted on 2000-03-23 19:30:13.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 14:30:13 -0500
From: "Jim O'Neil [Sybase]" <joneil@sybase.com>
Organization: Sybase, Inc.
X-Mailer: Mozilla 4.7 [en]C-CCK-MCD (WinNT; U)
X-Accept-Language: en
MIME-Version: 1.0
Subject: Re: Quick syntax question
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Lines: 131
NNTP-Posting-Host: joneil-nt.sybase.com 204.167.42.111
Message-ID: <347_38DA70C5.9F5CD7DA@sybase.com>
References: <347_mbUO0pOl$GA.111@forums.sybase.com> <347_38DA5339.C1CCA548@sybase.com> <347_QiefBKPl$GA.34@forums.sybase.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.easerver:25802
Article PK: 155844


Paula Bosch wrote:

> Jim -
>
> Thanks for your quick response. This works fine when run against my machine, but
> when I deploy it to the cluster, it gives me a null reference. The id and pwd
> are being passed correctly. Any ideas?
>
> Thanks, Paula
>
> Mar 23 11:45:24 2000:
> Sybase Enterprise Application Server 3.5(Advanced Edition)
> Mar 23 11:45:24 2000: Jaguar CTS - Component Transaction Server/Version 3.5
> (Build 35036)/P/PC Intel/Windows NT 4.0/OPT/Nov 16 1999 16:23:20
>
> Confidential property of Sybase, Inc.
> (c) Copyright Sybase Inc. 1987,1999
> All rights reserved.
>
> Use, duplication, or disclosure by the United States Government
> is subject to restrictions as set forth in FAR subparagraphs
> 52.227-19 (a)-(d) for civilian agency contracts and DFARS 252.227-7013
> (c)(1)(ii) for Department of Defense contracts. Sybase reserves all
> unpublished rights under the copyright laws of the United States.
> Sybase, Inc. 6475 Christie Avenue, Emeryville, CA 94608 USA.
> Mar 23 11:45:24 2000:
> 2 Phase Commit option is not licensed
> Mar 23 11:45:24 2000: CLUSTERING Option Licensed
> Mar 23 11:45:24 2000:
> High Availibilty option is not licensed
> Mar 23 11:45:24 2000:
> Application Integrator for CICS option is not licensed
> Mar 23 11:45:24 2000: Listener # 1: Jaguar_tds: Active: yes Protocol: 'TDS':
> 'localhost',7878 Security Profile: '*NONE*'
> Mar 23 11:45:24 2000: Listener # 2: Jaguar_http: Active: yes Protocol: 'HTTP':
> 'localhost',8080 Security Profile: '*NONE*'
> Mar 23 11:45:24 2000: Listener # 3: Jaguar_iiop: Active: yes Protocol: 'IIOP':
> 'urnjag1',9000 Security Profile: '*NONE*'
> Mar 23 11:45:24 2000: Starting Jaguar CTS 3.5
> Mar 23 11:45:24 2000: Server's native codeset is utf8
> Warning: Failed to initialize SSLServiceProvider: reason: 23
> Mar 23 11:45:24 2000: Library: 'libjjdk11x.dll' for component type 'java'
> Mar 23 11:45:24 2000: Java JIT Compiler disabled
> Mar 23 11:45:24 2000: Java component debugging disabled
> Mar 23 11:45:24 2000: Java virtual machine initialized (version 10001)
> Mar 23 11:45:24 2000: Repository: D:\Program Files\Sybase\Jaguar CTS
> 3.5\Repository
> Mar 23 11:45:25 2000: Host IP: 10.7.57.250
> Mar 23 11:45:25 2000: NameServiceURL: iiop://urnjag1:9000,iiop://urnjag2:9000
> Mar 23 11:45:25 2000: Starting Services...
> Mar 23 11:45:26 2000: Jaguar/Management setAdmin (waiting to join cluster
> 'urnjag', primary 'iiop://urnjag1:9000', version '7', startup 'check_primary')
> Mar 23 11:45:28 2000: Jaguar/Management setAdmin (starting services)
> Mar 23 11:45:28 2000: Started: Jaguar/Repository
> Mar 23 11:45:28 2000: Started: Jaguar/GarbageCollector
> Mar 23 11:45:28 2000: Started: Jaguar/JCM
> Mar 23 11:45:28 2000: Starting Jaguar Naming Services...
> Mar 23 11:45:54 2000: Started: CosNaming/NamingContext
> Mar 23 11:45:54 2000: Started: CtsServlet/ServletService
> Mar 23 11:45:54 2000: Running: services...
> Mar 23 11:45:54 2000: Running: CosNaming/NamingContext
> Mar 23 11:45:54 2000: Running: Jaguar/GarbageCollector
> Mar 23 11:45:54 2000: Running: CtsServlet/ServletService
> Mar 23 11:45:54 2000: Stopped: CtsServlet/ServletService
> Mar 23 11:45:54 2000: Stopped: CosNaming/NamingContext
> Mar 23 11:46:22 2000: Authentication timeout period is 3600 seconds.
> Note: authentication timeout can be disabled.
> Mar 23 11:46:22 2000: Authentication lockout period is 600 seconds.
> Note: authentication lockout can be disabled.
> Mar 23 11:47:20 2000: of_Login(). id = pbosch , pswrd = paula
> Mar 23 11:49:03 2000: of_Login(). id = pbosch , pswrd = paula
> Mar 23 11:49:27 2000: of_Login(). id = pbosch , pswrd = paula
>
> On Thu, 23 Mar 2000 12:24:09 -0500,
> in powersoft.public.easerver
> Jim O'Neil [Sybase] <joneil@sybase.com> wrote:
> >Paula Bosch wrote:
> >
> >> A quick syntax question....
> >>
> >> I have two Jaguar servers urnjag2 and urnjag2. I've set up a cluster urnjag
> >> where urnjag1 is the primary server. The following connect works.
> >>
> >> c = create connection
> >>
> >> c.driver = "jaguar"
> >> c.application = "ace"
> >> c.location = "iiop://urnjag1:9000;iiop://urnjag2:9000"
> >> c.userid = "jagadmin"
> >> c.password = "deskpro"
> >>
> >> c.ConnectToServer()
> >>
> >> I need to change the ace.ini
> >>
> >> [Database]
> >> DBMS = SYJ
> >> Database = scope
> >> DBParm = "CacheName='ace',UseContextObject='Yes',Host='urnjag1'"
> >>
> >> What do I put in host?
> >>
> >> Thanks, Paula
> >> ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==---
> >> http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp
> >
> >Well, this is an easy one.... The Host DBParm is ignored in this context
> >anyway, so the point is moot.
> >
> >
> >--
> >Jim O'Neil
> >Senior Technical Support Engineer
> >Sybase, Inc
> >
> >
>
> ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==---
> http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp

Can you be more specific? Are you saying this used to work and just by taking off
the Host DBParm you are getting a null object reference - that seems unlikely to me.

--
Jim O'Neil
Senior Technical Support Engineer
Sybase, Inc


Paula Bosch Posted on 2000-03-23 21:46:10.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver
From: "Paula Bosch" <dpbosch@sprynet.com>
Organization: 12.33.164.2
X-Newsreader: AspNNTP 1.41 (Advent 2000, Inc.)
Subject: Re: Quick syntax question
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 16:46:10 -0500
Lines: 7
NNTP-Posting-Host: 207.156.232.4
Message-ID: <347_aS9yzERl$GA.202@forums.sybase.com>
References: <347_mbUO0pOl$GA.111@forums.sybase.com> <347_38DA5339.C1CCA548@sybase.com> <347_QiefBKPl$GA.34@forums.sybase.com> <347_38DA70C5.9F5CD7DA@sybase.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.easerver:25786
Article PK: 155827

Hi Jim -

Solved the problem -- ace.ini was not on both urnjag servers, only on urnjag1.

Thanks again for your help,

Paula
---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==---
http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp