Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

PowerDynamo 2

5 posts in General Discussion (old) Last posting was on 2000-02-25 18:30:57.0Z
Bondi Blue Posted on 2000-02-22 20:03:09.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver
From: "Bondi Blue" <jwilliam@calpaksystems.com>
Subject: PowerDynamo 2
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 12:03:09 -0800
Lines: 17
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 4.72.3110.5
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V4.72.3110.3
NNTP-Posting-Host: mod-ca8-42.ix.netcom.com 207.92.167.170
Message-ID: <347_sSfn#$Wf$GA.151@forums.sybase.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.easerver:28145
Article PK: 160031

Here's my next pain-in-the-ass problem with PD.

When I attempt to pull up a page in a browser that PowerDynamo is feeding to
the IIS4 web server, and out to my browser, all that comes back is the
lovely:

"Unable to connect to database with profile SecurityDB".

Can anyone clue me in as to why it can't connect? I have an ODBC System DSN
set up called SecurityDB, and I have a Connection Profile for PowerDynamo
for SecurityDB. Also, I have the SecurityDB running using the DBSRV6.EXE.
Help! Why can't it connect?

-jw


Larry Cermak[Team Sybase] Posted on 2000-02-23 04:19:22.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver
From: "Larry Cermak[Team Sybase]" <lcermak@ctpartners.com>
Subject: Re: PowerDynamo 2
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 22:19:22 -0600
Lines: 36
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 5.00.2919.6600
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.00.2919.6600
NNTP-Posting-Host: node49.dhcpchi.dslspeed.zyan.com 208.41.199.49
Message-ID: <347_FFCv#Ybf$GA.201@forums.sybase.com>
References: <347_sSfn#$Wf$GA.151@forums.sybase.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.easerver:28104
Article PK: 159994

Is your PD web site on the same machine as the IIS installation? A couple
weeks ago I had a client with a problem and it was that the PD site was on a
different machine that they had a drive mapping to. When we moved it to the
C drive (same as IIS), the error you are seeing went away.

--

Larry Cermak [Team Sybase]
Corporate Technology Partners, Inc.
www.ctpartners.com
Web DataWindow Articles
(http://sdn.sybase.com/sdn/appdev/get_doc.stm?loc=1001708)

"Bondi Blue" <jwilliam@calpaksystems.com> wrote in message
news:sSfn#$Wf$GA.151@forums.sybase.com...
> Here's my next pain-in-the-ass problem with PD.
>
> When I attempt to pull up a page in a browser that PowerDynamo is feeding
to
> the IIS4 web server, and out to my browser, all that comes back is the
> lovely:
>
> "Unable to connect to database with profile SecurityDB".
>
> Can anyone clue me in as to why it can't connect? I have an ODBC System
DSN
> set up called SecurityDB, and I have a Connection Profile for PowerDynamo
> for SecurityDB. Also, I have the SecurityDB running using the DBSRV6.EXE.
> Help! Why can't it connect?
>
> -jw
>
>
>


Bondi Blue Posted on 2000-02-23 18:19:47.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver
From: "Bondi Blue" <jwilliam@calpaksystems.com>
Subject: Re: PowerDynamo 2
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 10:19:47 -0800
Lines: 48
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 4.72.3110.5
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V4.72.3110.3
NNTP-Posting-Host: mod-ca9-16.ix.netcom.com 207.92.167.208
Message-ID: <347_kyHh4qif$GA.251@forums.sybase.com>
References: <347_sSfn#$Wf$GA.151@forums.sybase.com> <347_FFCv#Ybf$GA.201@forums.sybase.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.easerver:28041
Article PK: 154618

Adaptive Server Anywhere 6.02, PowerDynamo and IIS4 are all on the same
Windows NT 4 server...


-jw

Larry Cermak[Team Sybase] wrote in message ...
>Is your PD web site on the same machine as the IIS installation? A couple
>weeks ago I had a client with a problem and it was that the PD site was on
a
>different machine that they had a drive mapping to. When we moved it to
the
>C drive (same as IIS), the error you are seeing went away.
>
>--
>
>Larry Cermak [Team Sybase]
>Corporate Technology Partners, Inc.
>www.ctpartners.com
>Web DataWindow Articles
>(http://sdn.sybase.com/sdn/appdev/get_doc.stm?loc=1001708)
>
>"Bondi Blue" <jwilliam@calpaksystems.com> wrote in message
>news:sSfn#$Wf$GA.151@forums.sybase.com...
>> Here's my next pain-in-the-ass problem with PD.
>>
>> When I attempt to pull up a page in a browser that PowerDynamo is feeding
>to
>> the IIS4 web server, and out to my browser, all that comes back is the
>> lovely:
>>
>> "Unable to connect to database with profile SecurityDB".
>>
>> Can anyone clue me in as to why it can't connect? I have an ODBC System
>DSN
>> set up called SecurityDB, and I have a Connection Profile for PowerDynamo
>> for SecurityDB. Also, I have the SecurityDB running using the
DBSRV6.EXE.
>> Help! Why can't it connect?
>>
>> -jw
>>
>>
>>
>
>


Larry Cermak[Team Sybase] Posted on 2000-02-24 03:11:59.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver
From: "Larry Cermak[Team Sybase]" <lcermak@ctpartners.com>
Subject: Re: PowerDynamo 2
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 21:11:59 -0600
Lines: 68
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 5.00.2919.6600
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.00.2919.6600
NNTP-Posting-Host: node49.dhcpchi.dslspeed.zyan.com 208.41.199.49
Message-ID: <347_CgSoCYnf$GA.201@forums.sybase.com>
References: <347_sSfn#$Wf$GA.151@forums.sybase.com> <347_FFCv#Ybf$GA.201@forums.sybase.com> <347_kyHh4qif$GA.251@forums.sybase.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.easerver:27979
Article PK: 154611

Yes but is your PD mapping pointing to the same drive that IIS is installed
on?

--

Larry Cermak [Team Sybase]
Corporate Technology Partners, Inc.
www.ctpartners.com
Web DataWindow Articles
(http://sdn.sybase.com/sdn/appdev/get_doc.stm?loc=1001708)

"Bondi Blue" <jwilliam@calpaksystems.com> wrote in message
news:kyHh4qif$GA.251@forums.sybase.com...
> Adaptive Server Anywhere 6.02, PowerDynamo and IIS4 are all on the same
> Windows NT 4 server...
>
>
> -jw
>
> Larry Cermak[Team Sybase] wrote in message ...
> >Is your PD web site on the same machine as the IIS installation? A
couple
> >weeks ago I had a client with a problem and it was that the PD site was
on
> a
> >different machine that they had a drive mapping to. When we moved it to
> the
> >C drive (same as IIS), the error you are seeing went away.
> >
> >--
> >
> >Larry Cermak [Team Sybase]
> >Corporate Technology Partners, Inc.
> >www.ctpartners.com
> >Web DataWindow Articles
> >(http://sdn.sybase.com/sdn/appdev/get_doc.stm?loc=1001708)
> >
> >"Bondi Blue" <jwilliam@calpaksystems.com> wrote in message
> >news:sSfn#$Wf$GA.151@forums.sybase.com...
> >> Here's my next pain-in-the-ass problem with PD.
> >>
> >> When I attempt to pull up a page in a browser that PowerDynamo is
feeding
> >to
> >> the IIS4 web server, and out to my browser, all that comes back is the
> >> lovely:
> >>
> >> "Unable to connect to database with profile SecurityDB".
> >>
> >> Can anyone clue me in as to why it can't connect? I have an ODBC
System
> >DSN
> >> set up called SecurityDB, and I have a Connection Profile for
PowerDynamo
> >> for SecurityDB. Also, I have the SecurityDB running using the
> DBSRV6.EXE.
> >> Help! Why can't it connect?
> >>
> >> -jw
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >
> >
>
>


Bondi Blue Posted on 2000-02-25 18:30:57.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver
From: "Bondi Blue" <jwilliam@calpaksystems.com>
Subject: Re: PowerDynamo 2
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 10:30:57 -0800
Lines: 77
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 4.72.3110.5
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V4.72.3110.3
NNTP-Posting-Host: mod-ca9-60.ix.netcom.com 207.92.167.252
Message-ID: <347_Hjymg67f$GA.201@forums.sybase.com>
References: <347_sSfn#$Wf$GA.151@forums.sybase.com> <347_FFCv#Ybf$GA.201@forums.sybase.com> <347_kyHh4qif$GA.251@forums.sybase.com> <347_CgSoCYnf$GA.201@forums.sybase.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.easerver:27785
Article PK: 159134

hmm...I don't think so...IIS4 is on the Z: drive and PD is installed on the
E: drive. Would that make a problem?

-jw

Larry Cermak[Team Sybase] wrote in message ...
>Yes but is your PD mapping pointing to the same drive that IIS is installed
>on?
>
>--
>
>Larry Cermak [Team Sybase]
>Corporate Technology Partners, Inc.
>www.ctpartners.com
>Web DataWindow Articles
>(http://sdn.sybase.com/sdn/appdev/get_doc.stm?loc=1001708)
>
>"Bondi Blue" <jwilliam@calpaksystems.com> wrote in message
>news:kyHh4qif$GA.251@forums.sybase.com...
>> Adaptive Server Anywhere 6.02, PowerDynamo and IIS4 are all on the same
>> Windows NT 4 server...
>>
>>
>> -jw
>>
>> Larry Cermak[Team Sybase] wrote in message ...
>> >Is your PD web site on the same machine as the IIS installation? A
>couple
>> >weeks ago I had a client with a problem and it was that the PD site was
>on
>> a
>> >different machine that they had a drive mapping to. When we moved it to
>> the
>> >C drive (same as IIS), the error you are seeing went away.
>> >
>> >--
>> >
>> >Larry Cermak [Team Sybase]
>> >Corporate Technology Partners, Inc.
>> >www.ctpartners.com
>> >Web DataWindow Articles
>> >(http://sdn.sybase.com/sdn/appdev/get_doc.stm?loc=1001708)
>> >
>> >"Bondi Blue" <jwilliam@calpaksystems.com> wrote in message
>> >news:sSfn#$Wf$GA.151@forums.sybase.com...
>> >> Here's my next pain-in-the-ass problem with PD.
>> >>
>> >> When I attempt to pull up a page in a browser that PowerDynamo is
>feeding
>> >to
>> >> the IIS4 web server, and out to my browser, all that comes back is the
>> >> lovely:
>> >>
>> >> "Unable to connect to database with profile SecurityDB".
>> >>
>> >> Can anyone clue me in as to why it can't connect? I have an ODBC
>System
>> >DSN
>> >> set up called SecurityDB, and I have a Connection Profile for
>PowerDynamo
>> >> for SecurityDB. Also, I have the SecurityDB running using the
>> DBSRV6.EXE.
>> >> Help! Why can't it connect?
>> >>
>> >> -jw
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>
>> >
>> >
>>
>>
>
>