Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

SET SESSION AUTHORIZATION question

4 posts in General Discussion (old) Last posting was on 2000-03-23 17:02:37.0Z
Matt Prestegaard Posted on 2000-02-23 15:29:48.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver
From: "Matt Prestegaard" <mpresteg@mccaawebster.com>
Subject: SET SESSION AUTHORIZATION question
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 09:29:48 -0600
Lines: 11
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 5.00.2014.211
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.00.2014.211
NNTP-Posting-Host: usimsptc1-55.usinternet.com 216.17.7.55
Message-ID: <347_z6feJLhf$GA.265@forums.sybase.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.easerver:28074
Article PK: 159967

We are getting the following error in our jaguar server log:

The 'SET SESSION AUTHORIZATION' command is not allowed within a
multi-statement transaction in the 'mdp_src_prd' database.

This is happening on selects that use the same connection cache. It occurs
even though the transaction is connected at the beginning of each select and
disconnected at the end. The error also is occurring on updates. The
selects seem to succeed, but, the updates fail. Any suggestions?


Dave Wolf [Sybase] Posted on 2000-03-23 15:29:19.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver
From: "Dave Wolf [Sybase]" <dwolf@sybase.com>
Subject: Re: SET SESSION AUTHORIZATION question
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 10:29:19 -0500
Lines: 23
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 5.00.2919.6600
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.00.2919.6600
NNTP-Posting-Host: dwolf-nt.sybase.com 157.133.41.127
Message-ID: <347_0HMxDNhf$GA.202@forums.sybase.com>
References: <347_z6feJLhf$GA.265@forums.sybase.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.easerver:28073
Article PK: 159966

Are you issuing that command yourself? In other words, are you executing
SET SESSION AUTHORIZATION.

Dave Wolf
Internet Applications Division

"Matt Prestegaard" <mpresteg@mccaawebster.com> wrote in message
news:z6feJLhf$GA.265@forums.sybase.com...
> We are getting the following error in our jaguar server log:
>
> The 'SET SESSION AUTHORIZATION' command is not allowed within a
> multi-statement transaction in the 'mdp_src_prd' database.
>
> This is happening on selects that use the same connection cache. It
occurs
> even though the transaction is connected at the beginning of each select
and
> disconnected at the end. The error also is occurring on updates. The
> selects seem to succeed, but, the updates fail. Any suggestions?
>
>


Matt Prestegaard Posted on 2000-02-23 17:05:29.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver
From: "Matt Prestegaard" <mpresteg@mccaawebster.com>
Subject: Re: SET SESSION AUTHORIZATION question
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 11:05:29 -0600
Lines: 33
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 5.00.2014.211
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.00.2014.211
NNTP-Posting-Host: usimsptc1-55.usinternet.com 216.17.7.55
Message-ID: <347_aIxpmAif$GA.201@forums.sybase.com>
References: <347_z6feJLhf$GA.265@forums.sybase.com> <347_0HMxDNhf$GA.202@forums.sybase.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.easerver:28051
Article PK: 159949

No. We set ssa=true in the props file for the connection cache. At one
time we had done something with SET QUOTED IDENTIFIER OFF as per your
suggestion. We are not using that command now. Could that be related to
our current problem?

Dave Wolf [Sybase] <dwolf@sybase.com> wrote in message
news:0HMxDNhf$GA.202@forums.sybase.com...
> Are you issuing that command yourself? In other words, are you executing
> SET SESSION AUTHORIZATION.
>
> Dave Wolf
> Internet Applications Division
>
> "Matt Prestegaard" <mpresteg@mccaawebster.com> wrote in message
> news:z6feJLhf$GA.265@forums.sybase.com...
> > We are getting the following error in our jaguar server log:
> >
> > The 'SET SESSION AUTHORIZATION' command is not allowed within a
> > multi-statement transaction in the 'mdp_src_prd' database.
> >
> > This is happening on selects that use the same connection cache. It
> occurs
> > even though the transaction is connected at the beginning of each select
> and
> > disconnected at the end. The error also is occurring on updates. The
> > selects seem to succeed, but, the updates fail. Any suggestions?
> >
> >
>
>


Dave Wolf [Sybase] Posted on 2000-03-23 17:02:37.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver
From: "Dave Wolf [Sybase]" <dwolf@sybase.com>
Subject: Re: SET SESSION AUTHORIZATION question
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 12:02:37 -0500
Lines: 45
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 5.00.2919.6600
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.00.2919.6600
NNTP-Posting-Host: dwolf-nt.sybase.com 157.133.41.127
Message-ID: <347_rtIfLBif$GA.274@forums.sybase.com>
References: <347_z6feJLhf$GA.265@forums.sybase.com> <347_0HMxDNhf$GA.202@forums.sybase.com> <347_aIxpmAif$GA.201@forums.sybase.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.easerver:28050
Article PK: 159943

Please open a case we seem to have some kind of bug. You should never see
that message. We should be making sure this doesnt happen.

Dave Wolf
Internet Applications Division

"Matt Prestegaard" <mpresteg@mccaawebster.com> wrote in message
news:aIxpmAif$GA.201@forums.sybase.com...
> No. We set ssa=true in the props file for the connection cache. At one
> time we had done something with SET QUOTED IDENTIFIER OFF as per your
> suggestion. We are not using that command now. Could that be related to
> our current problem?
>
>
> Dave Wolf [Sybase] <dwolf@sybase.com> wrote in message
> news:0HMxDNhf$GA.202@forums.sybase.com...
> > Are you issuing that command yourself? In other words, are you
executing
> > SET SESSION AUTHORIZATION.
> >
> > Dave Wolf
> > Internet Applications Division
> >
> > "Matt Prestegaard" <mpresteg@mccaawebster.com> wrote in message
> > news:z6feJLhf$GA.265@forums.sybase.com...
> > > We are getting the following error in our jaguar server log:
> > >
> > > The 'SET SESSION AUTHORIZATION' command is not allowed within a
> > > multi-statement transaction in the 'mdp_src_prd' database.
> > >
> > > This is happening on selects that use the same connection cache. It
> > occurs
> > > even though the transaction is connected at the beginning of each
select
> > and
> > > disconnected at the end. The error also is occurring on updates. The
> > > selects seem to succeed, but, the updates fail. Any suggestions?
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>