Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

ODBC usage

5 posts in PB Infomaker Report Writer Last posting was on 1998-09-02 02:45:46.0Z
Balu Nair Posted on 1997-10-05 15:02:39.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.infomaker.general
From: "Balu Nair" <balunair@usa.net>
Subject: ODBC usage
Organization: Bridgestone/Firestone
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Internet News 4.70.1161
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Date: Sun, 05 Oct 1997 11:02:39 -0400
Lines: 12
Message-ID: <348_01bcd1a9$7012f4e0$20692399@default>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.powersoft.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.infomaker.general:7440
Article PK: 244499

I am new to Infomaker and Powersoft products in general. I have a couple of
questions. I am running it on a Win 95 machine.
1) When I go into Control Panel->ODBC and select a data source I get the
message "The Setup routines for Intersolv 2.12 32bit dBase file (*.dbf)
ODBC driver could not be found. Please reinstall the driver" Is there a
way to install this.
2) I'd like to have the e-mail address for tech support if there is one
available.
Thanks


Terry Dykstra Posted on 1997-10-06 19:16:54.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.infomaker.general
From: "Terry Dykstra" <tdykstra@cfol.ab.ca>
Subject: Re: ODBC usage
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Internet News 4.70.1161
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 1997 15:16:54 -0400
Lines: 27
Message-ID: <348_01bcd294$9843bc60$8366e4cf@tdykstra.cfol.ab.ca>
References: <348_01bcd1a9$7012f4e0$20692399@default>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.powersoft.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.infomaker.general:7439
Article PK: 244494

Make sure that you select the '32bit ODBC' driver in control panel. If you
upgraded your machine from Windows 3.1, you'll find the 16-bit ODBC icon as
well.
When you install IM, there is a option under ODBC sources to select the
desired drivers.

There is no e-mail address for tech support. Support in this forum is
free. You can signup for a telephone support plan. You get free 30-day
installation support, which starts with your first call to tech support.

Terry Dykstra (TeamPS)

Balu Nair <balunair@usa.net> wrote in article
<01bcd1a9$7012f4e0$20692399@default>...
> I am new to Infomaker and Powersoft products in general. I have a couple
of
> questions. I am running it on a Win 95 machine.
> 1) When I go into Control Panel->ODBC and select a data source I get the
> message "The Setup routines for Intersolv 2.12 32bit dBase file (*.dbf)
> ODBC driver could not be found. Please reinstall the driver" Is there a
> way to install this.
> 2) I'd like to have the e-mail address for tech support if there is one
> available.


Jody LaPosta Posted on 1997-10-06 20:47:18.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.infomaker.general
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 1997 16:47:18 -0400
From: Jody LaPosta <JLaPosta@powersoft.com>
X-Mailer: Mozilla 3.01Gold (Win95; I)
MIME-Version: 1.0
Subject: Re: ODBC usage
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Lines: 40
Message-ID: <348_VvFuDBp08GA.175@forums.powersoft.com>
References: <348_01bcd1a9$7012f4e0$20692399@default> <348_01bcd294$9843bc60$8366e4cf@tdykstra.cfol.ab.ca>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.powersoft.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.infomaker.general:7438
Article PK: 244495


Terry Dykstra wrote:
>
> Make sure that you select the '32bit ODBC' driver in control panel. If you
> upgraded your machine from Windows 3.1, you'll find the 16-bit ODBC icon as
> well.
> When you install IM, there is a option under ODBC sources to select the
> desired drivers.
>
> There is no e-mail address for tech support. Support in this forum is
> free. You can signup for a telephone support plan. You get free 30-day
> installation support, which starts with your first call to tech support.
>
> Terry Dykstra (TeamPS)
>
> Balu Nair <balunair@usa.net> wrote in article
> <01bcd1a9$7012f4e0$20692399@default>...
> > I am new to Infomaker and Powersoft products in general. I have a couple
> of
> > questions. I am running it on a Win 95 machine.
> > 1) When I go into Control Panel->ODBC and select a data source I get the
> > message "The Setup routines for Intersolv 2.12 32bit dBase file (*.dbf)
> > ODBC driver could not be found. Please reinstall the driver" Is there a
> > way to install this.
> > 2) I'd like to have the e-mail address for tech support if there is one
> > available.

Hi Balu,
Actually, the free support parameters have changed. You are entitled to
free support, but only for issues concerning installation of the
product, migrating an existing application, connection to your database
and the tutorial. This support no longer is only for 30 days, but
anytime after getting the product...it is just that it only covers
questions in these four areas.

Good luck!
Jody LaPosta


Terry Dykstra Posted on 1997-10-07 17:10:28.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.infomaker.general
From: "Terry Dykstra" <tdykstra@cfol.ab.ca>
Subject: Re: ODBC usage
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Internet News 4.70.1161
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 1997 13:10:28 -0400
Lines: 13
Message-ID: <348_01bcd34c$120abc80$8366e4cf@tdykstra.cfol.ab.ca>
References: <348_01bcd1a9$7012f4e0$20692399@default> <348_01bcd294$9843bc60$8366e4cf@tdykstra.cfol.ab.ca> <348_VvFuDBp08GA.175@forums.powersoft.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.powersoft.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.infomaker.general:7437
Article PK: 244493

I wasn't aware of these changes. Good to know.

Terry Dykstra

> Hi Balu,
> Actually, the free support parameters have changed. You are entitled to
> free support, but only for issues concerning installation of the
> product, migrating an existing application, connection to your database
> and the tutorial. This support no longer is only for 30 days, but
> anytime after getting the product...it is just that it only covers
> questions in these four areas.
>
> Good luck!
> Jody LaPosta
>


Ren Posted on 1998-09-02 02:45:46.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.infomaker.general
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 1998 22:45:46 -0400
From: Ren <ram@applevac.com>
Reply-To: ram@applevac.com
X-Mailer: Mozilla 4.05 [en] (Win95; I)
MIME-Version: 1.0
Subject: Re: ODBC usage
Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="------------99F82F4BDF4C2292581C4952"
Lines: 31
Message-ID: <348_35ECB15A.3715A9D0@applevac.com>
References: <348_01bcd1a9$7012f4e0$20692399@default> <348_01bcd294$9843bc60$8366e4cf@tdykstra.cfol.ab.ca> <348_VvFuDBp08GA.175@forums.powersoft.com> <348_01bcd34c$120abc80$8366e4cf@tdykstra.cfol.ab.ca>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.powersoft.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.infomaker.general:6924
Article PK: 242954

I ran into this same problem. It would seem some ODBC DLL or registry
entry got corrupted. I tried everything Uninstalling PB, Uninstalling the
Powersoft ODBC drivers, Deleting the entire Powersoft Registry Tree and
finally rolling back to a older copy of the registry.
After all of the above failed, I reinstall Win95 a little extreme but I was
at my wits end.


Download VCard vcard.vcf