Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

Connecting to ORACLE 7.0 with PB5.0 32bit

8 posts in PB Infomaker Report Writer Last posting was on 1997-11-24 18:04:46.0Z
Bo Elmgreen Posted on 1997-08-21 23:55:31.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.infomaker.general
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 1997 16:55:31 -0700
From: Bo Elmgreen <elmgreen@ruc.dk>
Reply-To: elmgreen@ruc.dk
Organization: RUC, Datalogi
X-Mailer: Mozilla 3.01Gold (Win95; I; 16bit)
MIME-Version: 1.0
Subject: Connecting to ORACLE 7.0 with PB5.0 32bit
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Lines: 4
Message-ID: <348_33FCD573.74ED@uvm.dk>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.powersoft.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.infomaker.general:2580
Article PK: 237177

Is it possible to connect to a ORACLE 7.0 database with native DBMS
drivers, running InfoMaker 32bit on Windows 95?


Tim Dallmann Posted on 1997-08-21 17:06:26.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.infomaker.general
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 1997 11:06:26 -0600
From: Tim Dallmann <tdallmann@gr.com>
Reply-To: tdallmann@gr.com
Organization: Greenbrier & Russel, Inc.
X-Mailer: Mozilla 4.01 [en] (Win95; I)
MIME-Version: 1.0
To: elmgreen@ruc.dk
Subject: Re: Connecting to ORACLE 7.0 with PB5.0 32bit
X-Priority: 3 (Normal)
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Lines: 12
Message-ID: <348_33FC7592.71F0428@gr.com>
References: <348_33FCD573.74ED@uvm.dk>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.powersoft.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.infomaker.general:2578
Article PK: 237175


Bo Elmgreen wrote:

> Is it possible to connect to a ORACLE 7.0 database with native DBMS
> drivers, running InfoMaker 32bit on Windows 95?

Yes, but you need to have 32-bit SQL*Net installed on your client.

--
<--------------------------------------------------
< Tim Dallmann - tdallmann@gr.com
< Greenbrier & Russel, Inc. - http://www.gr.com
< Denver, CO
< (303) 292-1680
<--------------------------------------------------


Anders Nielsen Posted on 1997-08-22 16:37:47.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.infomaker.general
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 1997 09:37:47 -0700
From: Anders Nielsen <nanders@ruc.dk>
Reply-To: anders.nielsen@uvm.dk
Organization: Danish Ministry of Education
X-Mailer: Mozilla 3.01Gold (Win95; I; 16bit)
MIME-Version: 1.0
Subject: Re: Connecting to ORACLE 7.0 with PB5.0 32bit
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Lines: 21
Message-ID: <348_33FDC05B.5E7A@ruc.dk>
References: <348_33FCD573.74ED@uvm.dk> <348_33FC7592.71F0428@gr.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.powersoft.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.infomaker.general:2577
Article PK: 237179


Tim Dallmann wrote:
>
> Bo Elmgreen wrote:
>
> > Is it possible to connect to a ORACLE 7.0 database with native DBMS
> > drivers, running InfoMaker 32bit on Windows 95?
>
> Yes, but you need to have 32-bit SQL*Net installed on your client.
>
> --
> <--------------------------------------------------
> < Tim Dallmann - tdallmann@gr.com
> < Greenbrier & Russel, Inc. - http://www.gr.com
> < Denver, CO
> < (303) 292-1680
> <--------------------------------------------------

Thank you for the quick response.

We have a 32bit SQL*Net client, and InfoMaker 5.0 updated to 5.0.03, but
the update didn't include a 32bit Oracle 7.0 driver (pbo7050.dll). Also
SQL*Net lacks the 32bit version of the Oracle 7.0 driver (ora7.dll), it
only contains the 16bit version (ora7win.dll).


Papadomichelakis John Posted on 1997-08-29 07:28:32.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.infomaker.general
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 1997 10:28:32 +0300
From: Papadomichelakis John <michelos@spark.net.gr>
Organization: Logismos S.A.
X-Mailer: Mozilla 4.01 [en] (Win95; I)
MIME-Version: 1.0
Subject: Re: Connecting to ORACLE 7.0 with PB5.0 32bit
X-Priority: 3 (Normal)
Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="------------FA2D42C84E0AC758421B5166"
Lines: 52
Message-ID: <348_34067A20.71868D46@spark.net.gr>
References: <348_33FCD573.74ED@uvm.dk> <348_33FC7592.71F0428@gr.com> <348_33FDC05B.5E7A@ruc.dk>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.powersoft.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.infomaker.general:2575
Article PK: 237173


Anders Nielsen wrote:

> Tim Dallmann wrote:
> >
> > Bo Elmgreen wrote:
> >
> > > Is it possible to connect to a ORACLE 7.0 database with native
> DBMS
> > > drivers, running InfoMaker 32bit on Windows 95?
> >
> > Yes, but you need to have 32-bit SQL*Net installed on your
> client.
> >
> > --
> > <--------------------------------------------------
> > < Tim Dallmann - tdallmann@gr.com
> > < Greenbrier & Russel, Inc. - http://www.gr.com
> > < Denver, CO
> > < (303) 292-1680
> > <--------------------------------------------------
>
> Thank you for the quick response.
>
> We have a 32bit SQL*Net client, and InfoMaker 5.0 updated to 5.0.03,
> but
> the update didn't include a 32bit Oracle 7.0 driver (pbo7050.dll).
> Also
> SQL*Net lacks the 32bit version of the Oracle 7.0 driver (ora7.dll),
> it
> only contains the 16bit version (ora7win.dll).

Install the SQL Net Client 1 for the Windows NT.
The one that comes with your ORACLE Server...
You can install the NT SQL Net client with out problems.

We use NT SQL Net client 1 with Oracle 7.1 for 1 year with no problems.


Download VCard vcard.vcf


cwen Posted on 1997-10-25 07:57:56.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.infomaker.general
From: "cwen" <cqhgjska@public.cq.sc.cn>
Subject: Re: Connecting to ORACLE 7.0 with PB5.0 32bit
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 1997 15:57:56 +0800
Lines: 16
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 4.71.1008.3
X-MimeOle: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE Engine V4.71.1008.3
Message-ID: <348_sNLJCYK#8GA.132@forums.powersoft.com>
References: <348_33FCD573.74ED@uvm.dk> <348_33FC7592.71F0428@gr.com> <348_33FDC05B.5E7A@ruc.dk> <348_34067A20.71868D46@spark.net.gr>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.powersoft.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.infomaker.general:2573
Article PK: 237171


>Install the SQL Net Client 1 for the Windows NT.
>The one that comes with your ORACLE Server...
>You can install the NT SQL Net client with out problems.
>
>We use NT SQL Net client 1 with Oracle 7.1 for 1 year with no problems.
>
>you mearn install sqlnet 1 for nt on win95?

orinstall.exe for nt can not work properly on win95.
where can download sqlnet2 for win95 or sqlnet1 for win95.
thanks!
>


Terry Dykstra Posted on 1997-11-24 18:04:46.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.infomaker.general
From: "Terry Dykstra" <tdykstra@cfol.ab.ca>
Subject: Re: Connecting to ORACLE 7.0 with PB5.0 32bit
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Internet News 4.70.1161
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 1997 13:04:46 -0500
Lines: 19
Message-ID: <348_01bcf90b$db41a480$8366e4cf@tdykstra.cfol.ab.ca>
References: <348_33FCD573.74ED@uvm.dk> <348_33FC7592.71F0428@gr.com> <348_33FDC05B.5E7A@ruc.dk> <348_34067A20.71868D46@spark.net.gr> <348_sNLJCYK#8GA.132@forums.powersoft.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.powersoft.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.infomaker.general:2572
Article PK: 237170

The Oracle for NT CD should have a directory for Win95 products.
BTW, I strongly recommend using SQLNET2. Oracle is phasing out SQLNET 1.

PLEASE DO NOT CROSSPOST.

Terry Dykstra (TeamPS)

cwen <cqhgjska@public.cq.sc.cn> wrote in article
<sNLJCYK#8GA.132@forums.powersoft.com>...
>
>
> >Install the SQL Net Client 1 for the Windows NT.
> >The one that comes with your ORACLE Server...
> >You can install the NT SQL Net client with out problems.
> >
> >We use NT SQL Net client 1 with Oracle 7.1 for 1 year with no problems.
> >
> >you mearn install sqlnet 1 for nt on win95?
> orinstall.exe for nt can not work properly on win95.
> where can download sqlnet2 for win95 or sqlnet1 for win95.
> thanks!
> >
>
>
>
>


Sanjay Minni Posted on 1997-09-04 19:08:27.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.infomaker.general
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 1997 19:08:27 +0000
From: Sanjay Minni <sminni@giascl01.vsnl.net.in>
To: Papadomichelakis John <michelos@spark.net.gr>
Subject: Re: Connecting to ORACLE 7.0 with PB5.0 32bit
In-Reply-To: <34067A20.71868D46@spark.net.gr>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
Lines: 39
Message-ID: <348_Pine.OSF.3.95.970904190535.25412A-100000@giascl01.vsnl.net.in>
References: <348_33FCD573.74ED@uvm.dk> <348_33FC7592.71F0428@gr.com> <348_33FDC05B.5E7A@ruc.dk> <348_34067A20.71868D46@spark.net.gr>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.powersoft.com!giascl01.vsnl.net.in!sminni
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.infomaker.general:2574
Article PK: 237172

pardon me ,

but all along I was under the impression that Sql*net client [v] 1 was
16bit. Please correct me

On Fri, 29 Aug 1997, Papadomichelakis John wrote:

> Anders Nielsen wrote:
>
> > Tim Dallmann wrote:
> > >
> > > Bo Elmgreen wrote:
> > >
> > > > Is it possible to connect to a ORACLE 7.0 database with native
> > DBMS
> > > > drivers, running InfoMaker 32bit on Windows 95?
> > >
> > > Yes, but you need to have 32-bit SQL*Net installed on your
> > client.
> > >
> > > --
> > > <--------------------------------------------------
> > > < Tim Dallmann - tdallmann@gr.com
> > > < Greenbrier & Russel, Inc. - http://www.gr.com
> > > < Denver, CO
> > > < (303) 292-1680
> > > <--------------------------------------------------
> >
> > Thank you for the quick response.
> >
> > We have a 32bit SQL*Net client, and InfoMaker 5.0 updated to 5.0.03,
> > but
> > the update didn't include a 32bit Oracle 7.0 driver (pbo7050.dll).
> > Also
> > SQL*Net lacks the 32bit version of the Oracle 7.0 driver (ora7.dll),
> > it
> > only contains the 16bit version (ora7win.dll).
>
>
> Install the SQL Net Client 1 for the Windows NT.
> The one that comes with your ORACLE Server...
> You can install the NT SQL Net client with out problems.
>
> We use NT SQL Net client 1 with Oracle 7.1 for 1 year with no problems.
>
>
>

---
Sanjay Minni
Software Consultant
Minisoft Pvt. Ltd.
209, M. G. Road, Calcutta-700007, India


Terry Dykstra Posted on 1997-08-25 15:06:56.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.infomaker.general
From: "Terry Dykstra" <tdykstra@cfol.ab.ca>
Subject: Re: Connecting to ORACLE 7.0 with PB5.0 32bit
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Internet News 4.70.1161
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 1997 11:06:56 -0400
Lines: 39
Message-ID: <348_01bcb170$d49acea0$8366e4cf@tdykstra.cfol.ab.ca>
References: <348_33FCD573.74ED@uvm.dk> <348_33FC7592.71F0428@gr.com> <348_33FDC05B.5E7A@ruc.dk>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.powersoft.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.infomaker.general:2576
Article PK: 237174

Run the Oracle Installer (c:\orawin95\bin\orainst.exe) to find out which
version of SQLNET you are running on your W95 PC. It is probably version
2.2 or 2.3. When you install IM, you can specify the Oracle 7.2 and 7.3
drivers.
In some cases the 7.3 doesn't show up as an available option when you
define a DB-Profile (after installing the 5.0.03 patch), but you can still
type it in manually. You can modify the IM.INI file and it to the vendors
parameter in the [database] section.

Terry Dykstra (TeamPS)

N.B.: Please don't post your message in multiple newsgroups.

Anders Nielsen <nanders@ruc.dk> wrote in article <33FDC05B.5E7A@ruc.dk>...
> Tim Dallmann wrote:
> >
> > Bo Elmgreen wrote:
> >
> > > Is it possible to connect to a ORACLE 7.0 database with native DBMS
> > > drivers, running InfoMaker 32bit on Windows 95?
> >
> > Yes, but you need to have 32-bit SQL*Net installed on your client.
> >
> > --
> > <--------------------------------------------------
> > < Tim Dallmann - tdallmann@gr.com
> > < Greenbrier & Russel, Inc. - http://www.gr.com
> > < Denver, CO
> > < (303) 292-1680
> > <--------------------------------------------------
>
> Thank you for the quick response.
>
> We have a 32bit SQL*Net client, and InfoMaker 5.0 updated to 5.0.03, but
> the update didn't include a 32bit Oracle 7.0 driver (pbo7050.dll). Also
> SQL*Net lacks the 32bit version of the Oracle 7.0 driver (ora7.dll), it
> only contains the 16bit version (ora7win.dll).
>