Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

Infomaker and AS/400

4 posts in PB Infomaker Report Writer Last posting was on 1998-05-13 18:03:19.0Z
ssells1 Posted on 1998-05-05 20:15:32.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.infomaker.general
Date: Tue, 05 May 1998 13:15:32 -0700
From: ssells1@ix.netcom.com
X-Mailer: Mozilla 3.0C-NC320 (Win95; I)
MIME-Version: 1.0
Subject: Infomaker and AS/400
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Lines: 9
Message-ID: <348_354F7364.4D91@ix.netcom.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.powersoft.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.infomaker.general:7115
Article PK: 243144

Hi Everyone,

I just purchased Infomaker ver 6 to work with data on an AS/400 using
IBM's Client Access Win95/NT ODBC driver. Before I start are there any
gothas, special setup, and/or anything else I should take into
consideration?

Thanks,
Steve


Terry Dykstra [TeamPS] Posted on 1998-05-07 18:06:55.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.infomaker.general
From: "Terry Dykstra [TeamPS]" <no_spam_tdykstra@cfol.ab.ca>
Subject: Re: Infomaker and AS/400
Date: Thu, 7 May 1998 12:06:55 -0600
Lines: 19
Organization: Canadian Forest Oil Ltd.
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 4.72.2106.4
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V4.72.2106.4
Message-ID: <348_jWZcBmde9GA.199@forums.powersoft.com>
References: <348_354F7364.4D91@ix.netcom.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.powersoft.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.infomaker.general:7113
Article PK: 243137

I'm not familiar with AS/400 so I can't comment on that. I would carefully
read the manual 'Connecting to your database' and check the DBParm
parameters. There are quite a few that are specific for ODBC.

--
Terry Dykstra [TeamPS]
Canadian Forest Oil Ltd.

ssells1@ix.netcom.com wrote in message <354F7364.4D91@ix.netcom.com>...
>Hi Everyone,
>
>I just purchased Infomaker ver 6 to work with data on an AS/400 using
>IBM's Client Access Win95/NT ODBC driver. Before I start are there any
>gothas, special setup, and/or anything else I should take into
>consideration?
>
> Thanks,
> Steve


ssells1 Posted on 1998-05-12 23:35:20.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.infomaker.general
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 16:35:20 -0700
From: ssells1@ix.netcom.com
X-Mailer: Mozilla 3.0C-NC320 (Win95; I)
MIME-Version: 1.0
Subject: Re: Infomaker and AS/400
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Lines: 42
Message-ID: <348_3558DCB7.78F6@ix.netcom.com>
References: <348_354F7364.4D91@ix.netcom.com> <348_jWZcBmde9GA.199@forums.powersoft.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.powersoft.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.infomaker.general:7112
Article PK: 243143


Terry Dykstra [TeamPS] wrote:
>
> I'm not familiar with AS/400 so I can't comment on that. I would carefully
> read the manual 'Connecting to your database' and check the DBParm
> parameters. There are quite a few that are specific for ODBC.
>
> --
> Terry Dykstra [TeamPS]
> Canadian Forest Oil Ltd.
> ssells1@ix.netcom.com wrote in message <354F7364.4D91@ix.netcom.com>...
> >Hi Everyone,
> >
> >I just purchased Infomaker ver 6 to work with data on an AS/400 using
> >IBM's Client Access Win95/NT ODBC driver. Before I start are there any
> >gothas, special setup, and/or anything else I should take into
> >consideration?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Steve

Hi Again,

I tried logging on to the AS/400 via IBM's Client Access Win95/NT ODBC
driver.
On the first attempt Infomaker Ver 6 seemed to log on OK and in the same
directory as the AS/400 physical file it created the following
additional files.

1)PBCATC_X
2)PBCATCOL
3)PBCATE_X
4)PBCATEDT
5)PBCATF_X
6)PBCATFMT
7)PBCATT_X
8)PBCATTBL
9)PBCATV_X
10)PBCATVLD

Every additional connection with Infomaker Ver6 after the initial
connection has given an error message stating "Catalog tables could not
be created and are not available for use". Does anyone know what this
error message means and how to correct this situation in an AS/400
environment?

Does Sybase tech support monitor and answer questions in this newsgroup?

Thanks,
Steve


Terry Dykstra [TeamPS] Posted on 1998-05-13 18:03:19.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.infomaker.general
From: "Terry Dykstra [TeamPS]" <no_spam_tdykstra@cfol.ab.ca>
Subject: Re: Infomaker and AS/400
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 12:03:19 -0600
Lines: 60
Organization: Canadian Forest Oil Ltd.
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 4.72.2106.4
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V4.72.2106.4
Message-ID: <348_W0Cip$of9GA.155@forums.powersoft.com>
References: <348_354F7364.4D91@ix.netcom.com> <348_jWZcBmde9GA.199@forums.powersoft.com> <348_3558DCB7.78F6@ix.netcom.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.powersoft.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.infomaker.general:7110
Article PK: 243139

It looks like you need to change the security on the PBCATxx files.
You can call Sybase tech support. You get free support for installation
issues.

--
Terry Dykstra [TeamPS]
Canadian Forest Oil Ltd.

ssells1@ix.netcom.com wrote in message <3558DCB7.78F6@ix.netcom.com>...
>Terry Dykstra [TeamPS] wrote:
>>
>> I'm not familiar with AS/400 so I can't comment on that. I would
carefully
>> read the manual 'Connecting to your database' and check the DBParm
>> parameters. There are quite a few that are specific for ODBC.
>>
>> --
>> Terry Dykstra [TeamPS]
>> Canadian Forest Oil Ltd.
>> ssells1@ix.netcom.com wrote in message <354F7364.4D91@ix.netcom.com>...
>> >Hi Everyone,
>> >
>> >I just purchased Infomaker ver 6 to work with data on an AS/400 using
>> >IBM's Client Access Win95/NT ODBC driver. Before I start are there any
>> >gothas, special setup, and/or anything else I should take into
>> >consideration?
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > Steve
>
>Hi Again,
>
>I tried logging on to the AS/400 via IBM's Client Access Win95/NT ODBC
>driver.
>On the first attempt Infomaker Ver 6 seemed to log on OK and in the same
>directory as the AS/400 physical file it created the following
>additional files.
>
> 1)PBCATC_X
> 2)PBCATCOL
> 3)PBCATE_X
> 4)PBCATEDT
> 5)PBCATF_X
> 6)PBCATFMT
> 7)PBCATT_X
> 8)PBCATTBL
> 9)PBCATV_X
> 10)PBCATVLD
>
>Every additional connection with Infomaker Ver6 after the initial
>connection has given an error message stating "Catalog tables could not
>be created and are not available for use". Does anyone know what this
>error message means and how to correct this situation in an AS/400
>environment?
>
>Does Sybase tech support monitor and answer questions in this newsgroup?
>
> Thanks,
> Steve