Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

Seconds until

4 posts in PB Infomaker Report Writer Last posting was on 1998-12-08 19:10:55.0Z
Pat Wright Posted on 1998-12-07 16:20:44.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.infomaker.general
From: "Pat Wright" <Pwright@easydental.com>
Subject: Seconds until
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 1998 09:20:44 -0700
Lines: 10
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 4.72.3110.5
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V4.72.3110.3
Message-ID: <348_A2C34PfI#GA.264@forums.powersoft.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.powersoft.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.infomaker.general:6676
Article PK: 241662

Is there a way to set a column to be the value of Microsoft seconds since
10/1/70, I think this could be done with a computed column but that would
not work for my application. I would prefer to enter it as a Valadation and
I cannot get to the online help right now to try and look this up.
Suggestions? Thanks.


Pat


Terry Dykstra Posted on 1998-12-07 19:24:51.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.infomaker.general
From: "Terry Dykstra" <tdykstra@cfol.ab.ca>
Subject: Re: Seconds until
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 1998 12:24:51 -0700
Lines: 20
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 4.72.3110.5
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V4.72.3110.3
Message-ID: <348_SLJr20gI#GA.151@forums.powersoft.com>
References: <348_A2C34PfI#GA.264@forums.powersoft.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.powersoft.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.infomaker.general:6674
Article PK: 241661

Have you tried the SecondsAfter ( time1, time2 ) function? What do you
mean with having this a validation?

--
Terry Dykstra (TeamPS)
Canadian Forest Oil Ltd.

Pat Wright wrote in message ...
>Is there a way to set a column to be the value of Microsoft seconds since
>10/1/70, I think this could be done with a computed column but that would
>not work for my application. I would prefer to enter it as a Valadation
and
>I cannot get to the online help right now to try and look this up.
>Suggestions? Thanks.
>
>
>Pat
>
>


Pat Wright Posted on 1998-12-08 18:12:25.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.infomaker.general
From: "Pat Wright" <Pwright@easydental.com>
Subject: Re: Seconds until
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 1998 11:12:25 -0700
Lines: 32
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 4.72.3110.5
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V4.72.3110.3
Message-ID: <348_UD$s2ysI#GA.258@forums.powersoft.com>
References: <348_A2C34PfI#GA.264@forums.powersoft.com> <348_SLJr20gI#GA.151@forums.powersoft.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.powersoft.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.infomaker.general:6672
Article PK: 241658

I may have used the wrong wording I was looking for it to automatically fill
this column in when i insert a record. I guess i could get a trigger to do
this but is there a way to do it in infomaker? Thanks

PAt Wright

Terry Dykstra wrote in message ...
>Have you tried the SecondsAfter ( time1, time2 ) function? What do you
>mean with having this a validation?
>
>--
>Terry Dykstra (TeamPS)
>Canadian Forest Oil Ltd.
>Pat Wright wrote in message ...
>>Is there a way to set a column to be the value of Microsoft seconds since
>>10/1/70, I think this could be done with a computed column but that would
>>not work for my application. I would prefer to enter it as a Valadation
>and
>>I cannot get to the online help right now to try and look this up.
>>Suggestions? Thanks.
>>
>>
>>Pat
>>
>>
>
>


Terry Dykstra Posted on 1998-12-08 19:10:55.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.infomaker.general
From: "Terry Dykstra" <tdykstra@cfol.ab.ca>
Subject: Re: Seconds until
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 1998 12:10:55 -0700
Lines: 43
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 4.72.3110.5
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V4.72.3110.3
Message-ID: <348_2maRrRtI#GA.322@forums.powersoft.com>
References: <348_A2C34PfI#GA.264@forums.powersoft.com> <348_SLJr20gI#GA.151@forums.powersoft.com> <348_UD$s2ysI#GA.258@forums.powersoft.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.powersoft.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.infomaker.general:6670
Article PK: 241657

I don't think you can do this in IM. You will need a trigger, or use PB to
create a custom formstyle for IM to handle that.

--
Terry Dykstra (TeamPS)
Canadian Forest Oil Ltd.

Pat Wright wrote in message ...
>I may have used the wrong wording I was looking for it to automatically
fill
>this column in when i insert a record. I guess i could get a trigger to do
>this but is there a way to do it in infomaker? Thanks
>
>PAt Wright
>
>
>
>
>Terry Dykstra wrote in message ...
>>Have you tried the SecondsAfter ( time1, time2 ) function? What do you
>>mean with having this a validation?
>>
>>--
>>Terry Dykstra (TeamPS)
>>Canadian Forest Oil Ltd.
>>Pat Wright wrote in message ...
>>>Is there a way to set a column to be the value of Microsoft seconds since
>>>10/1/70, I think this could be done with a computed column but that
would
>>>not work for my application. I would prefer to enter it as a Valadation
>>and
>>>I cannot get to the online help right now to try and look this up.
>>>Suggestions? Thanks.
>>>
>>>
>>>Pat
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>
>