Can anyone enlighten me as to how to add users from domains other than the default domain to a system using integrated or mixed-mode security? The documentation appears to say that it can be done using sp_addlogin, sp_grantlogin, and sp_adduser in some combination, but I haven't been able to figure it out.
Here are the particulars:
- Our servers live in a single NT domain.
- Some of our users are members of that domain.
- We need to add several new users, in another domain.
- We can't add NT trust relationships to that domain due to corporate security issues.
- We are running ASE 11.5 on Windows NT 4.0, with NT and Windows 95 clients.
- Popping up lots of "Please login" dialogs (for new connections and apps) would be inappropriate for the application design (currently, with the mixed-mode security, all they need to do is login to Windows NT domain, and the various apps take it from there).