Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

compile error on Proxy object function

8 posts in EJB Client Last posting was on 2003-05-29 18:38:35.0Z
Mark Posted on 2003-05-28 20:34:43.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.ejbclient
From: Mark
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 16:34:43 -0400
Subject: compile error on Proxy object function
Lines: 8
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Message-ID: <359_63020B762166E54F00710AC485256D34.00710ADA85256D34@webforums>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!webforums.sybase.com!news
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.ejbclient:45
Article PK: 424243

Hello,
I am writing an ejb client application which accesses a weblogic server. I
managed to create the proxy objects, but when I try to call a function of
the proxy I get a compile error: COO51:Unknown function name getint (getint
is the correct name of the function in the object.
Does anyone know why the compiler is throwing this out?

much appreciated...


Jim O'Neil [Sybase] Posted on 2003-05-28 21:10:29.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.ejbclient
From: joneil@sybase.com (Jim O'Neil [Sybase])
Subject: Re: compile error on Proxy object function
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 21:10:29 GMT
Organization: Sybase Technical Support
Reply-To: joneil_REMOVETHISPART@sybase.com
X-Newsreader: Forte Free Agent 1.21/32.243
NNTP-Posting-Host: joneilpc.sybase.com 10.18.61.121
Lines: 21
Message-ID: <359_3ed52559.32037627@forums.sybase.com>
References: <359_63020B762166E54F00710AC485256D34.00710ADA85256D34@webforums>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums-2-dub.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.ejbclient:46
Article PK: 424248

Did you get any errors generating the proxies? In some cases, the
method names get renamed if they conflict with PowerBuilder reserved
words, but getint isn't one of those cases that I'm aware of. Can you
export the .srx file for the proxy and attach that your response to
this post?

Thanks.

On Wed, 28 May 2003 16:34:43 -0400, Mark wrote:

>Hello,
>I am writing an ejb client application which accesses a weblogic server. I
>managed to create the proxy objects, but when I try to call a function of
>the proxy I get a compile error: COO51:Unknown function name getint (getint
>is the correct name of the function in the object.
>Does anyone know why the compiler is throwing this out?
>
>much appreciated...

Jim O'Neil
Principal Technical Support Engineer
Sybase, Inc.
Concord, MA


Mark Posted on 2003-05-28 22:05:21.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.ejbclient
From: Mark
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 18:05:21 -0400
Subject: Re: compile error on Proxy object function
Lines: 37
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Message-ID: <359_F30EE31502A411FD0079571885256D34.007854E985256D34@webforums>
References: <359_63020B762166E54F00710AC485256D34.00710ADA85256D34@webforums> <359_3ed52559.32037627@forums.sybase.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!webforums.sybase.com!news
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.ejbclient:47
Article PK: 424250

Thanks for the fast response. There were no errors during proxy
generation. I don't see a way to attach a file, so here is the .srx file
source:
$PBExportHeader$pbtest.srx
$PBExportComments$Proxy imported from EJB via EJB Proxy generator.
global type PbTest from EJBObject
end type

type variables
protected:
string PbTest_javaname= "pbtest.statefulSession.PbTest"
end variables

forward prototypes
public:
function double getDouble() throws ProcessingErrorException,
RemoteException alias for "getDouble,()D"
function long getInt() throws ProcessingErrorException, RemoteException
alias for "getInt,()I"
function datetime getDate() throws ProcessingErrorException,
RemoteException alias for "getDate,()Ljava/util/Date;"
subroutine setDouble( double double_1) throws ProcessingErrorException,
RemoteException alias for "setDouble,(D)V"
subroutine setInt( long long_1) throws ProcessingErrorException,
RemoteException alias for "setInt,(I)V"
subroutine setDate( datetime datetime_1) throws ProcessingErrorException,
RemoteException alias for "setDate,(Ljava/util/Date;)V"
subroutine setObj( PbTestResult PbTestResult_1) throws
ProcessingErrorException, RemoteException alias for
"setObj,(Lpbtest/statefulSession/PbTestResult;)V"
function PbTestResult getObj() throws ProcessingErrorException,
RemoteException alias for "getObj,()Lpbtest/statefulSession/PbTestResult;"
subroutine setArray( long long_1[]) throws ProcessingErrorException,
RemoteException alias for "setArray,([I)V"
function any getArray() throws ProcessingErrorException, RemoteException
alias for "getArray,()[I"
end prototypes


Jim O'Neil [Sybase] Posted on 2003-05-29 03:44:31.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.ejbclient
From: joneil@sybase.com (Jim O'Neil [Sybase])
Subject: Re: compile error on Proxy object function
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 03:44:31 GMT
Organization: Sybase Technical Support
Reply-To: joneil_REMOVETHISPART@sybase.com
X-Newsreader: Forte Free Agent 1.21/32.243
NNTP-Posting-Host: vpn-concord-030.sybase.com 158.159.8.30
Lines: 50
Message-ID: <359_3ed581f3.6859914@forums.sybase.com>
References: <359_63020B762166E54F00710AC485256D34.00710ADA85256D34@webforums> <359_3ed52559.32037627@forums.sybase.com> <359_F30EE31502A411FD0079571885256D34.007854E985256D34@webforums>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums-2-dub.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.ejbclient:48
Article PK: 424251

Well, I don't see a problem here. Can you post the script that's
giving you the compilation error? We must be missing something here.

On Wed, 28 May 2003 18:05:21 -0400, Mark wrote:

>Thanks for the fast response. There were no errors during proxy
>generation. I don't see a way to attach a file, so here is the .srx file
>source:
>$PBExportHeader$pbtest.srx
>$PBExportComments$Proxy imported from EJB via EJB Proxy generator.
>global type PbTest from EJBObject
>end type
>
>type variables
> protected:
>string PbTest_javaname= "pbtest.statefulSession.PbTest"
>end variables
>
>forward prototypes
> public:
>function double getDouble() throws ProcessingErrorException,
>RemoteException alias for "getDouble,()D"
>function long getInt() throws ProcessingErrorException, RemoteException
>alias for "getInt,()I"
>function datetime getDate() throws ProcessingErrorException,
>RemoteException alias for "getDate,()Ljava/util/Date;"
>subroutine setDouble( double double_1) throws ProcessingErrorException,
>RemoteException alias for "setDouble,(D)V"
>subroutine setInt( long long_1) throws ProcessingErrorException,
>RemoteException alias for "setInt,(I)V"
>subroutine setDate( datetime datetime_1) throws ProcessingErrorException,
>RemoteException alias for "setDate,(Ljava/util/Date;)V"
>subroutine setObj( PbTestResult PbTestResult_1) throws
>ProcessingErrorException, RemoteException alias for
>"setObj,(Lpbtest/statefulSession/PbTestResult;)V"
>function PbTestResult getObj() throws ProcessingErrorException,
>RemoteException alias for "getObj,()Lpbtest/statefulSession/PbTestResult;"
>subroutine setArray( long long_1[]) throws ProcessingErrorException,
>RemoteException alias for "setArray,([I)V"
>function any getArray() throws ProcessingErrorException, RemoteException
>alias for "getArray,()[I"
>end prototypes
>

Jim O'Neil
Principal Technical Support Engineer
Sybase, Inc.
Concord, MA


Mark Posted on 2003-05-29 15:04:24.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.ejbclient
From: Mark
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 11:04:24 -0400
Subject: Re: compile error on Proxy object function
Lines: 35
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Message-ID: <359_E76C5B9A6A428A950052CCFB85256D35.001A80C085256D35@webforums>
References: <359_63020B762166E54F00710AC485256D34.00710ADA85256D34@webforums> <359_3ed52559.32037627@forums.sybase.com> <359_F30EE31502A411FD0079571885256D34.007854E985256D34@webforums> <359_3ed581f3.6859914@forums.sybase.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!webforums.sybase.com!news
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.ejbclient:49
Article PK: 424252

Here is the script that is getting the error. I marked the compile error
lines with a comment:

string ls_proxy, ls_jndi_name, ls_homeClass
int li_test
pbtesthome home_obj
pbTest bean_obj

ls_proxy = "pbtesthome"
ls_jndi_name = "ejb20-statefulSession-PbTestHome"
ls_homeClass = "PbTestHome"

try
home_obj = iuo_conn.lookup( ls_proxy, ls_jndi_name, ls_homeClass)
catch (exception e )
messagebox( "Error", e.GetMessage() )
return
end try

try
bean_obj = home_obj.create()

catch (remoteexception re)
MessageBox("Remote exception", re.getmessage())

catch (createexception ce)
MessageBox("Create exception", ce.getmessage())
end try


bean_obj.setInt( integer(sle_int.text) ) //Unknown function name: setint
li_test = bean_obj.getInt( ) //Unknown
function name: getint
st_int.text = string( li_test )


Jim O'Neil [Sybase] Posted on 2003-05-29 16:26:36.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.ejbclient
From: joneil@sybase.com (Jim O'Neil [Sybase])
Subject: Re: compile error on Proxy object function
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 16:26:36 GMT
Organization: Sybase Technical Support
Reply-To: joneil_REMOVETHISPART@sybase.com
X-Newsreader: Forte Free Agent 1.21/32.243
NNTP-Posting-Host: joneilpc.sybase.com 10.18.61.121
Lines: 31
Message-ID: <359_3ed63482.14125241@forums.sybase.com>
References: <359_63020B762166E54F00710AC485256D34.00710ADA85256D34@webforums> <359_3ed52559.32037627@forums.sybase.com> <359_F30EE31502A411FD0079571885256D34.007854E985256D34@webforums> <359_3ed581f3.6859914@forums.sybase.com> <359_E76C5B9A6A428A950052CCFB85256D35.001A80C085256D35@webforums>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums-2-dub.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.ejbclient:50
Article PK: 424246

Ok, I'm going to throw a wild question out there... your application
object isn't named pbtest is it?

On Thu, 29 May 2003 11:04:24 -0400, Mark wrote:

>Here is the script that is getting the error. I marked the compile error
>lines with a comment:
>
>string ls_proxy, ls_jndi_name, ls_homeClass
>int li_test
>pbtesthome home_obj
>pbTest bean_obj
>
>ls_proxy = "pbtesthome"
>ls_jndi_name = "ejb20-statefulSession-PbTestHome"
>ls_homeClass = "PbTestHome"
>
>try
> home_obj = iuo_conn.lookup( ls_proxy, ls_jndi_name, ls_homeClass)
>catch (exception e )
> messagebox( "Error", e.GetMessage() )
> return
>end try
>
>try
> bean_obj = home_obj.create()
>
>catch (remoteexception re)
> MessageBox("Remote exception", re.getmessage())
>
>catch (createexception ce)
> MessageBox("Create exception", ce.getmessage())
>end try
>
>
>bean_obj.setInt( integer(sle_int.text) ) //Unknown function name: setint
>li_test = bean_obj.getInt( ) //Unknown
>function name: getint
>st_int.text = string( li_test )
>

Jim O'Neil
Principal Technical Support Engineer
Sybase, Inc.
Concord, MA


Mark Posted on 2003-05-29 17:32:57.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.ejbclient
From: Mark
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 13:32:57 -0400
Subject: Re: compile error on Proxy object function
Lines: 3
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Message-ID: <359_AA1CA37868BC6476006066BD85256D35.005EFF5185256D35@webforums>
References: <359_63020B762166E54F00710AC485256D34.00710ADA85256D34@webforums> <359_3ed52559.32037627@forums.sybase.com> <359_F30EE31502A411FD0079571885256D34.007854E985256D34@webforums> <359_3ed581f3.6859914@forums.sybase.com> <359_E76C5B9A6A428A950052CCFB85256D35.001A80C085256D35@webforums> <359_3ed63482.14125241@forums.sybase.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!webforums.sybase.com!news
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.ejbclient:51
Article PK: 424247

Doah! That was the problem.
I didn't even think of that possibility.
thanks for the help!


Jim O'Neil [Sybase] Posted on 2003-05-29 18:38:35.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.ejbclient
From: joneil@sybase.com (Jim O'Neil [Sybase])
Subject: Re: compile error on Proxy object function
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 18:38:35 GMT
Organization: Sybase Technical Support
Reply-To: joneil_REMOVETHISPART@sybase.com
X-Newsreader: Forte Free Agent 1.21/32.243
NNTP-Posting-Host: joneilpc.sybase.com 10.18.61.121
Lines: 8
Message-ID: <359_3ed65394.22079027@forums.sybase.com>
References: <359_63020B762166E54F00710AC485256D34.00710ADA85256D34@webforums> <359_3ed52559.32037627@forums.sybase.com> <359_F30EE31502A411FD0079571885256D34.007854E985256D34@webforums> <359_3ed581f3.6859914@forums.sybase.com> <359_E76C5B9A6A428A950052CCFB85256D35.001A80C085256D35@webforums> <359_3ed63482.14125241@forums.sybase.com> <359_AA1CA37868BC6476006066BD85256D35.005EFF5185256D35@webforums>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums-1-dub.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.ejbclient:52
Article PK: 424249

LOL, been there done that <g>

Good luck.

On Thu, 29 May 2003 13:32:57 -0400, Mark wrote:

>Doah! That was the problem.
>I didn't even think of that possibility.
>thanks for the help!

Jim O'Neil
Principal Technical Support Engineer
Sybase, Inc.
Concord, MA