Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

How to work with resolution changes in an application

4 posts in Objects Last posting was on 2003-04-27 22:33:31.0Z
Jonathan Posted on 2003-04-23 20:35:29.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.objects
From: "Jonathan" <jonren@cantv.net>
Subject: How to work with resolution changes in an application
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 16:35:29 -0400
Lines: 6
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 5.50.4807.1700
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.50.4910.0300
NNTP-Posting-Host: 200.2.12.69
Message-ID: <364_#hRfihdCDHA.221@forums-1-dub>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums-1-dub.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.objects:7348
Article PK: 734637

I need to work with resolution changes, specialy to resize GUI objects in
the 800*600 and 1024*768 resolutions
Does anybody knows how to do it or where I can find documentation for it .
Thanks...


Bug Posted on 2003-04-23 22:49:28.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.objects
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 17:49:28 -0500
From: Bug <fenterbug@hotmail.com>
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win 9x 4.90; en-US; rv:1.3) Gecko/20030312
X-Accept-Language: en-us, en
MIME-Version: 1.0
Subject: Re: How to work with resolution changes in an application
In-Reply-To: <#hRfihdCDHA.221@forums-1-dub>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
NNTP-Posting-Host: 66-118-17-64.texlinkcom.com 66.118.17.64
Lines: 9
Message-ID: <364_es82FqeCDHA.221@forums-1-dub>
References: <364_#hRfihdCDHA.221@forums-1-dub>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums-1-dub.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.objects:7349
Article PK: 734639


Jonathan wrote:
> I need to work with resolution changes, specialy to resize GUI objects in
> the 800*600 and 1024*768 resolutions
> Does anybody knows how to do it or where I can find documentation for it .
> Thanks...
>
>

The PFC has a great resize service. Even if you aren't using the PFC,
you can always "borrow" the code from it.


Jonathan Posted on 2003-04-26 16:29:41.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.objects
From: "Jonathan" <jonren@cantv.net>
Subject: Re: How to work with resolution changes in an application
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2003 12:29:41 -0400
Lines: 21
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 5.50.4807.1700
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.50.4910.0300
NNTP-Posting-Host: 200.2.12.69
Message-ID: <364_#4mycHBDDHA.81@forums-2-dub>
References: <364_#hRfihdCDHA.221@forums-1-dub> <364_es82FqeCDHA.221@forums-1-dub>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums-2-dub.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.objects:7363
Article PK: 734651

Thanks, but need to know how to do this (in the right way), isn't exist some
reference of it?...


"Bug" <fenterbug@hotmail.com> escribió en el mensaje
news:es82FqeCDHA.221@forums-1-dub...

> Jonathan wrote:
> > I need to work with resolution changes, specialy to resize GUI objects
in
> > the 800*600 and 1024*768 resolutions
> > Does anybody knows how to do it or where I can find documentation for it
.
> > Thanks...
> >
> >
>
> The PFC has a great resize service. Even if you aren't using the PFC,
> you can always "borrow" the code from it.
>


Bug Posted on 2003-04-27 22:33:31.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.objects
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2003 17:33:31 -0500
From: Bug <fenterbug@hotmail.com>
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win 9x 4.90; en-US; rv:1.3) Gecko/20030312
X-Accept-Language: en-us, en
MIME-Version: 1.0
Subject: Re: How to work with resolution changes in an application
In-Reply-To: <#4mycHBDDHA.81@forums-2-dub>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
NNTP-Posting-Host: 66-118-17-94.texlinkcom.com 66.118.17.94
Lines: 28
Message-ID: <364_uISXA1QDDHA.196@forums-2-dub>
References: <364_#hRfihdCDHA.221@forums-1-dub> <364_es82FqeCDHA.221@forums-1-dub> <364_#4mycHBDDHA.81@forums-2-dub>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums-2-dub.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.objects:7364
Article PK: 734650

Design your windows for the lowest acceptable resolution (because it's
always easier to scale up). At runtime, get the resolution via the
GetEnvironment method. Loop through each window's Control array to
obtain a reference to each visual object and move/resize accordingly.
(This is a *very* brief summary of what you would have learned by
looking at the code in the PFC. For more detail, dig a little yourself;
it's not very hard to follow.)

Jonathan wrote:
> Thanks, but need to know how to do this (in the right way), isn't exist some
> reference of it?...
>
>
> "Bug" <fenterbug@hotmail.com> escribió en el mensaje
> news:es82FqeCDHA.221@forums-1-dub...
>
>>Jonathan wrote:
>>
>>>I need to work with resolution changes, specialy to resize GUI objects
>
> in
>
>>>the 800*600 and 1024*768 resolutions
>>>Does anybody knows how to do it or where I can find documentation for it
>
> .
>
>>>Thanks...
>>>
>>>
>>
>>The PFC has a great resize service. Even if you aren't using the PFC,
>>you can always "borrow" the code from it.
>>