Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

error on opening a project just created with Project Wizard

4 posts in Objects Last posting was on 2003-02-27 23:09:24.0Z
Francesco Sozzi Posted on 2003-02-25 15:26:18.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.objects
From: "Francesco Sozzi" <fsozzi@intercad.ch>
Subject: error on opening a project just created with Project Wizard
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 16:26:18 +0100
Lines: 19
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1106
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1106
NNTP-Posting-Host: adsl-212-101-16-126.solnet.ch 212.101.16.126
Message-ID: <364_7oJ4DUO3CHA.263@forums.sybase.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.objects:7212
Article PK: 734504

I've tried to create a COM Component with project wizard.
When I try to open the project object just created, Powerbuilder displays
the following message:

"Unable to open this project because the add-on software that was used to
create it could not be found.
Perhaps this project was built on another system?"

I've also tried on another PC, but I have the same result.

I'm using Powerbuilder 7.0.3.

Any suggestions?

Thank you

Francesco


Terry Dykstra Posted on 2003-02-25 20:07:19.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.objects
From: "Terry Dykstra" <dontreply_tddykstra@forestoil.ca>
Subject: Re: error on opening a project just created with Project Wizard
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 13:07:19 -0700
Lines: 32
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1106
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1106
NNTP-Posting-Host: gw.cfol.ab.ca 209.115.237.14
Message-ID: <364_fKHrGxQ3CHA.135@forums.sybase.com>
References: <364_7oJ4DUO3CHA.263@forums.sybase.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.objects:7210
Article PK: 734499

Try copying pbvm70.dll and pbdwe70.dll to the c:\program files\mts
directory.

--
Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post.
SDN: http://www.sybase.com/developer/
http://www.pb9books.com

"Francesco Sozzi" <fsozzi@intercad.ch> wrote in message
news:7oJ4DUO3CHA.263@forums.sybase.com...
> I've tried to create a COM Component with project wizard.
> When I try to open the project object just created, Powerbuilder displays
> the following message:
>
> "Unable to open this project because the add-on software that was used to
> create it could not be found.
> Perhaps this project was built on another system?"
>
> I've also tried on another PC, but I have the same result.
>
> I'm using Powerbuilder 7.0.3.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thank you
>
> Francesco
>
>


Francesco Sozzi Posted on 2003-02-26 09:13:02.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.objects
From: "Francesco Sozzi" <fsozzi@intercad.ch>
Subject: Re: error on opening a project just created with Project Wizard
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 10:13:02 +0100
Lines: 48
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1106
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1106
NNTP-Posting-Host: adsl-212-101-16-126.solnet.ch 212.101.16.126
Message-ID: <364_AMgULoX3CHA.182@forums.sybase.com>
References: <364_7oJ4DUO3CHA.263@forums.sybase.com> <364_fKHrGxQ3CHA.135@forums.sybase.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.objects:7214
Article PK: 734500

Hi Terry,

Thanks for answer.
I haven't mts folder inside my "program files". What is it? I tried to
create it, but I still have the same problem.

Regards.

Francesco

"Terry Dykstra" <dontreply_tddykstra@forestoil.ca> wrote in message
news:fKHrGxQ3CHA.135@forums.sybase.com...
> Try copying pbvm70.dll and pbdwe70.dll to the c:\program files\mts
> directory.
>
> --
> Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
> Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post.
> SDN: http://www.sybase.com/developer/
> http://www.pb9books.com
>
> "Francesco Sozzi" <fsozzi@intercad.ch> wrote in message
> news:7oJ4DUO3CHA.263@forums.sybase.com...
> > I've tried to create a COM Component with project wizard.
> > When I try to open the project object just created, Powerbuilder
displays
> > the following message:
> >
> > "Unable to open this project because the add-on software that was used
to
> > create it could not be found.
> > Perhaps this project was built on another system?"
> >
> > I've also tried on another PC, but I have the same result.
> >
> > I'm using Powerbuilder 7.0.3.
> >
> > Any suggestions?
> >
> > Thank you
> >
> > Francesco
> >
> >
>
>


Terry Dykstra Posted on 2003-02-27 23:09:24.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.objects
From: "Terry Dykstra" <dontreply_tddykstra@forestoil.ca>
Subject: Re: error on opening a project just created with Project Wizard
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 16:09:24 -0700
Lines: 62
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1106
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1106
NNTP-Posting-Host: gw.cfol.ab.ca 209.115.237.14
Message-ID: <364_Es4hOgr3CHA.263@forums.sybase.com>
References: <364_7oJ4DUO3CHA.263@forums.sybase.com> <364_fKHrGxQ3CHA.135@forums.sybase.com> <364_AMgULoX3CHA.182@forums.sybase.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.objects:7218
Article PK: 734507

According to a note I found in the infobase you need to have those PB dlls
in the directory where MTS is installed. If you are not using MTS, I don't
know what to do.

--
Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post.
SDN: http://www.sybase.com/developer/
http://www.pb9books.com

"Francesco Sozzi" <fsozzi@intercad.ch> wrote in message
news:AMgULoX3CHA.182@forums.sybase.com...
> Hi Terry,
>
> Thanks for answer.
> I haven't mts folder inside my "program files". What is it? I tried to
> create it, but I still have the same problem.
>
> Regards.
>
> Francesco
>
> "Terry Dykstra" <dontreply_tddykstra@forestoil.ca> wrote in message
> news:fKHrGxQ3CHA.135@forums.sybase.com...
> > Try copying pbvm70.dll and pbdwe70.dll to the c:\program files\mts
> > directory.
> >
> > --
> > Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
> > Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post.
> > SDN: http://www.sybase.com/developer/
> > http://www.pb9books.com
> >
> > "Francesco Sozzi" <fsozzi@intercad.ch> wrote in message
> > news:7oJ4DUO3CHA.263@forums.sybase.com...
> > > I've tried to create a COM Component with project wizard.
> > > When I try to open the project object just created, Powerbuilder
> displays
> > > the following message:
> > >
> > > "Unable to open this project because the add-on software that was used
> to
> > > create it could not be found.
> > > Perhaps this project was built on another system?"
> > >
> > > I've also tried on another PC, but I have the same result.
> > >
> > > I'm using Powerbuilder 7.0.3.
> > >
> > > Any suggestions?
> > >
> > > Thank you
> > >
> > > Francesco
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>