Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

Sending Mail using Web Browser

5 posts in Objects Last posting was on 2002-12-03 20:08:09.0Z
tbraka Posted on 2002-12-02 20:51:40.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.objects
From: tbraka
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 15:51:40 -0500
Subject: Sending Mail using Web Browser
Lines: 17
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Message-ID: <364_B2716B40798D9CB60072979785256C83.0072980885256C83@webforums>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com!webforums.sybase.com!news
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.objects:718
Article PK: 713293

Hi,
We are using MailSession to send E-mails from our application (PB8.0.2,
Oracle 9i and Novel Groupwise 5.5 ).

Now we want the ability to send E-mails from site offices, the site offices
use intranet for Groupwise E-mail(No E-mail application on the client PC),
some uses terminal services and some are migrated to MS Exchange.

How do I configure our PB application for these kind of setups?

Any help will be appreciated.


Thx in advance


Anand


"Tim Wallace" <reply Posted on 2002-12-03 20:08:09.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.objects
From: "Tim Wallace" <reply@this_group.com>
Subject: Re: Sending Mail using Web Browser
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 15:08:09 -0500
Lines: 29
Organization: Solar Flare Software, Inc.
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1106
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1106
NNTP-Posting-Host: mail.pit-magnus.com 206.139.208.13
Message-ID: <364_wxZEunwmCHA.199@forums.sybase.com>
References: <364_B2716B40798D9CB60072979785256C83.0072980885256C83@webforums>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.objects:714
Article PK: 713280

Use the utl_smtp package in your Oracle 9i installation and create a stored
procedure for sending mail. If a client can hit your database, they can
send email via that server, regardless of their individual hardware/software
scenario.

Tim Wallace

<tbraka> wrote in message
news:B2716B40798D9CB60072979785256C83.0072980885256C83@webforums...
> Hi,
> We are using MailSession to send E-mails from our application (PB8.0.2,
> Oracle 9i and Novel Groupwise 5.5 ).
>
> Now we want the ability to send E-mails from site offices, the site
offices
> use intranet for Groupwise E-mail(No E-mail application on the client PC),
> some uses terminal services and some are migrated to MS Exchange.
>
> How do I configure our PB application for these kind of setups?
>
> Any help will be appreciated.
>
>
> Thx in advance
>
>
> Anand


Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] Posted on 2002-12-02 22:54:32.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.objects
From: "Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]" <NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com>
Subject: Re: Sending Mail using Web Browser
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2002 14:54:32 -0800
Organization: TeamSybase
Reply-To: NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com
X-Newsreader: Forte Agent 1.92/32.572
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Lines: 32
NNTP-Posting-Host: 141.102.144.53
Message-ID: <364_f3pnuu0pla7ussuncnsfqatjli8140gib3@4ax.com>
References: <364_B2716B40798D9CB60072979785256C83.0072980885256C83@webforums>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.objects:717
Article PK: 713284

Use SMTP, which doesn't require anything on the client other than
support for sockets and perhaps a third party utility you use to
implement it.

On Mon, 2 Dec 2002 15:51:40 -0500, tbraka wrote:

>Hi,
> We are using MailSession to send E-mails from our application (PB8.0.2,
>Oracle 9i and Novel Groupwise 5.5 ).
>
>Now we want the ability to send E-mails from site offices, the site offices
>use intranet for Groupwise E-mail(No E-mail application on the client PC),
>some uses terminal services and some are migrated to MS Exchange.
>
>How do I configure our PB application for these kind of setups?
>
>Any help will be appreciated.
>
>
>Thx in advance
>
>
>Anand

Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
http://www.teamsybase.com

PowerBuilder’s Future Direction WebCast
December 11 and 12
http://www.sybase.com/detail/1,6904,1022611,00.html?source=newsgroups

Not 1 - but 2 new books on developing with PowerBuilder
http://www.pb9books.com

If you would like to continue to be able to use Google
to search *all* of these newsgroups, please contact
Google at and let them know.
mailto:groups-support@google.com

Preach the gospel at all times.
If necessary, use words. - Francis of Assisi
http://www.needhim.org


Tbraka Posted on 2002-12-03 00:16:19.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.objects
From: "Tbraka" <tbraka@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Sending Mail using Web Browser
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 19:16:19 -0500
Lines: 53
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2720.3000
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2600.0000
NNTP-Posting-Host: pool-141-153-151-253.mad.east.verizon.net 141.153.151.253
Message-ID: <364_etY7oKmmCHA.327@forums.sybase.com>
References: <364_B2716B40798D9CB60072979785256C83.0072980885256C83@webforums> <364_f3pnuu0pla7ussuncnsfqatjli8140gib3@4ax.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.objects:716
Article PK: 713288

Where can I find about these third party utilities?

Thx for your response


"Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]" <NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com>

wrote in message news:f3pnuu0pla7ussuncnsfqatjli8140gib3@4ax.com...
> Use SMTP, which doesn't require anything on the client other than
> support for sockets and perhaps a third party utility you use to
> implement it.
>
> On Mon, 2 Dec 2002 15:51:40 -0500, tbraka wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> > We are using MailSession to send E-mails from our application (PB8.0.2,
> >Oracle 9i and Novel Groupwise 5.5 ).
> >
> >Now we want the ability to send E-mails from site offices, the site
offices
> >use intranet for Groupwise E-mail(No E-mail application on the client
PC),
> >some uses terminal services and some are migrated to MS Exchange.
> >
> >How do I configure our PB application for these kind of setups?
> >
> >Any help will be appreciated.
> >
> >
> >Thx in advance
> >
> >
> >Anand
>
> Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
> http://www.teamsybase.com
>
> PowerBuilder's Future Direction WebCast
> December 11 and 12
> http://www.sybase.com/detail/1,6904,1022611,00.html?source=newsgroups
>
> Not 1 - but 2 new books on developing with PowerBuilder
> http://www.pb9books.com
>
> If you would like to continue to be able to use Google
> to search *all* of these newsgroups, please contact
> Google at and let them know.
> mailto:groups-support@google.com
>
> Preach the gospel at all times.
> If necessary, use words. - Francis of Assisi
> http://www.needhim.org


Terry Dykstra Posted on 2002-12-03 15:14:58.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.objects
From: "Terry Dykstra" <dontreply_tddykstra@forestoil.ca>
Subject: Re: Sending Mail using Web Browser
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 08:14:58 -0700
Lines: 67
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1106
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1106
NNTP-Posting-Host: gw.cfol.ab.ca 209.115.237.14
Message-ID: <364_vWNWVEumCHA.198@forums.sybase.com>
References: <364_B2716B40798D9CB60072979785256C83.0072980885256C83@webforums> <364_f3pnuu0pla7ussuncnsfqatjli8140gib3@4ax.com> <364_etY7oKmmCHA.327@forums.sybase.com>
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.objects:715
Article PK: 713285

Funckylite is an easy to use and free smtp utility. You can download it
from http://www.funcky.com/Start.Asp

--
Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post.
SDN: http://www.sybase.com/developer/

"Tbraka" <tbraka@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:etY7oKmmCHA.327@forums.sybase.com...
> Where can I find about these third party utilities?
>
> Thx for your response
>
>
> "Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]" <NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com>
> wrote in message news:f3pnuu0pla7ussuncnsfqatjli8140gib3@4ax.com...
> > Use SMTP, which doesn't require anything on the client other than
> > support for sockets and perhaps a third party utility you use to
> > implement it.
> >
> > On Mon, 2 Dec 2002 15:51:40 -0500, tbraka wrote:
> >
> > >Hi,
> > > We are using MailSession to send E-mails from our application
(PB8.0.2,
> > >Oracle 9i and Novel Groupwise 5.5 ).
> > >
> > >Now we want the ability to send E-mails from site offices, the site
> offices
> > >use intranet for Groupwise E-mail(No E-mail application on the client
> PC),
> > >some uses terminal services and some are migrated to MS Exchange.
> > >
> > >How do I configure our PB application for these kind of setups?
> > >
> > >Any help will be appreciated.
> > >
> > >
> > >Thx in advance
> > >
> > >
> > >Anand
> >
> > Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
> > http://www.teamsybase.com
> >
> > PowerBuilder's Future Direction WebCast
> > December 11 and 12
> > http://www.sybase.com/detail/1,6904,1022611,00.html?source=newsgroups
> >
> > Not 1 - but 2 new books on developing with PowerBuilder
> > http://www.pb9books.com
> >
> > If you would like to continue to be able to use Google
> > to search *all* of these newsgroups, please contact
> > Google at and let them know.
> > mailto:groups-support@google.com
> >
> > Preach the gospel at all times.
> > If necessary, use words. - Francis of Assisi
> > http://www.needhim.org
>
>