Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

Setup problem: could not load the 3D dialog DLL

4 posts in Windows NT Last posting was on 2000-01-07 14:26:46.0Z
Theo Negoita Posted on 2000-01-05 16:59:03.0Z
Message-ID: <38737857.BB7D26E4@dbcsmartsoftware.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2000 11:59:03 -0500
From: Theo Negoita <theo_negoita@dbcsmartsoftware.com>
X-Mailer: Mozilla 4.7 [en] (WinNT; U)
X-Accept-Language: en
MIME-Version: 1.0
Subject: Setup problem: could not load the 3D dialog DLL
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Newsgroups: sybase.public.sqlserver.nt
Lines: 5
NNTP-Posting-Host: 209.183.147.5
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.sqlserver.nt:2737
Article PK: 1090128

I'm trying to setup ASE 11.9.2 (demo) and encounter this message:
Severe
Could not load the 3D dialog DLL

and then setup exits.

Can anyone help, please?

Theo Negoita


AnaMaria Stirbet Posted on 2000-01-06 13:27:56.0Z
Message-ID: <3874985C.6CDB3252@sybase.com.no.spam>
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2000 08:27:56 -0500
From: AnaMaria Stirbet <astirbet@sybase.com.no.spam>
Organization: Sybase, Inc.
X-Mailer: Mozilla 4.5 [en]C-CCK-MCD (WinNT; I)
X-Accept-Language: en
MIME-Version: 1.0
Subject: Re: Setup problem: could not load the 3D dialog DLL
References: <38737857.BB7D26E4@dbcsmartsoftware.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Newsgroups: sybase.public.sqlserver.nt
Lines: 10
NNTP-Posting-Host: astirbet-pc.sybase.com 172.31.140.205
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.sqlserver.nt:2734
Article PK: 1090168

What you need to do is copy the ctl3d32.dll from your CD (ex:
Z:\redist\ctl3d\winnt)
to your winnt\system32 directory.

Toate cele bune,

AnaMaria Stirbet
Sybase TS

Theo Negoita wrote:

> I'm trying to setup ASE 11.9.2 (demo) and encounter this message:
> Severe
> Could not load the 3D dialog DLL
>
> and then setup exits.
>
> Can anyone help, please?
>
> Theo Negoita


Theo Negoita Posted on 2000-01-07 13:28:42.0Z
Message-ID: <3875EA0A.5E4685D2@dbcsmartsoftware.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2000 08:28:42 -0500
From: Theo Negoita <theo_negoita@dbcsmartsoftware.com>
X-Mailer: Mozilla 4.7 [en] (WinNT; U)
X-Accept-Language: en
MIME-Version: 1.0
Subject: Re: Setup problem: could not load the 3D dialog DLL
References: <38737857.BB7D26E4@dbcsmartsoftware.com> <3874985C.6CDB3252@sybase.com.no.spam>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Newsgroups: sybase.public.sqlserver.nt
Lines: 20
NNTP-Posting-Host: 209.183.147.5
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.sqlserver.nt:2730
Article PK: 1090165

Thank you for your suggestion but there are two problems with it:

1. I don't have a CD (I downloaded the zip files from the SYBASE site),
and
2. There is no ctl3d32.dll in the redist directory (actually, the
redist\ctl3d\winnt doesn't even exist)

FYI the file I downloaded is ASE_Demo_Server.zip

Theo Negoita

AnaMaria Stirbet wrote:

> What you need to do is copy the ctl3d32.dll from your CD (ex:
> Z:\redist\ctl3d\winnt)
> to your winnt\system32 directory.
>
> Toate cele bune,
>
> AnaMaria Stirbet
> Sybase TS
>
> Theo Negoita wrote:
>
> > I'm trying to setup ASE 11.9.2 (demo) and encounter this message:
> > Severe
> > Could not load the 3D dialog DLL
> >
> > and then setup exits.
> >
> > Can anyone help, please?
> >
> > Theo Negoita


AnaMaria Stirbet Posted on 2000-01-07 14:26:46.0Z
Message-ID: <3875F7A6.4F8283DF@sybase.com.no.spam>
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2000 09:26:46 -0500
From: AnaMaria Stirbet <astirbet@sybase.com.no.spam>
Organization: Sybase, Inc.
X-Mailer: Mozilla 4.5 [en]C-CCK-MCD (WinNT; I)
X-Accept-Language: en
MIME-Version: 1.0
Subject: Re: Setup problem: could not load the 3D dialog DLL
References: <38737857.BB7D26E4@dbcsmartsoftware.com> <3874985C.6CDB3252@sybase.com.no.spam> <3875EA0A.5E4685D2@dbcsmartsoftware.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Newsgroups: sybase.public.sqlserver.nt
Lines: 23
NNTP-Posting-Host: astirbet-pc.sybase.com 172.31.140.205
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.sqlserver.nt:2729
Article PK: 1090163

OK, I'll send you the file.

Theo Negoita wrote:

> Thank you for your suggestion but there are two problems with it:
>
> 1. I don't have a CD (I downloaded the zip files from the SYBASE site),
> and
> 2. There is no ctl3d32.dll in the redist directory (actually, the
> redist\ctl3d\winnt doesn't even exist)
>
> FYI the file I downloaded is ASE_Demo_Server.zip
>
> Theo Negoita
>
> AnaMaria Stirbet wrote:
>
> > What you need to do is copy the ctl3d32.dll from your CD (ex:
> > Z:\redist\ctl3d\winnt)
> > to your winnt\system32 directory.
> >
> > Toate cele bune,
> >
> > AnaMaria Stirbet
> > Sybase TS
> >
> > Theo Negoita wrote:
> >
> > > I'm trying to setup ASE 11.9.2 (demo) and encounter this message:
> > > Severe
> > > Could not load the 3D dialog DLL
> > >
> > > and then setup exits.
> > >
> > > Can anyone help, please?
> > >
> > > Theo Negoita