Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

dynamically creating custom visual objects on custom visual objects

4 posts in Objects Last posting was on 2003-08-12 23:51:36.0Z
Eric Posted on 2003-08-12 02:14:52.0Z
From: "Eric" <ericlaperriere@earthlink.net>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.objects
Subject: dynamically creating custom visual objects on custom visual objects
Lines: 20
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1158
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1165
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: h-69-3-205-144.sfldmidn.covad.net
Message-ID: <3f384db2$1@forums-2-dub>
X-Original-Trace: 11 Aug 2003 19:15:14 -0700, h-69-3-205-144.sfldmidn.covad.net
NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-2-dub.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-2-dub.sybase.com
Date: 11 Aug 2003 19:14:52 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1060654492 10.22.241.42 (11 Aug 2003 19:14:52 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 11 Aug 2003 19:14:52 -0700, forums-2-dub.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: ngsysop
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.objects:7542
Article PK: 734829

I'm trying to create a cvo on another cvo using the following script:

uo_xyz luo

luo = create uo_xyz
luo.show()

However the show() is returning a -1. Both objects are inherited from the
userobject class. Any thoughts on why the show() isn't working? Is the a
better why to do this?

Development Environment:
Windows XP
PowerBuilder 9 Build 5507

Thanks in advance

Eric


Philip Salgannik Posted on 2003-08-12 04:15:11.0Z
From: "Philip Salgannik" <philemaxNOSPAM@comcast.net>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.objects
References: <3f384db2$1@forums-2-dub>
Subject: Re: dynamically creating custom visual objects on custom visual objects
Lines: 33
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1158
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1165
NNTP-Posting-Host: h0020af718683.ne.client2.attbi.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: h0020af718683.ne.client2.attbi.com
Message-ID: <3f3869cf$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 11 Aug 2003 21:15:11 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1060661711 24.34.75.150 (11 Aug 2003 21:15:11 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 11 Aug 2003 21:15:11 -0700, h0020af718683.ne.client2.attbi.com
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.objects:7543
Article PK: 734827

You can NOT CREATE a userobject, only OpenUserObject it...

--
This is a FAQ, read Help, then search
www.groups.google.com/advanced_group_search

pbm_thisusuallydoesnothelp:-))
Philip Salgannik

"Eric" <ericlaperriere@earthlink.net> wrote in message
news:3f384db2$1@forums-2-dub...
> I'm trying to create a cvo on another cvo using the following script:
>
> uo_xyz luo
>
> luo = create uo_xyz
> luo.show()
>
> However the show() is returning a -1. Both objects are inherited from the
> userobject class. Any thoughts on why the show() isn't working? Is the a
> better why to do this?
>
> Development Environment:
> Windows XP
> PowerBuilder 9 Build 5507
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Eric
>
>


Arnoud Oortwijk Posted on 2003-08-12 10:59:42.0Z
From: "Arnoud Oortwijk" <aoortwijk@tangram.nl>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.objects
References: <3f384db2$1@forums-2-dub> <3f3869cf$1@forums-1-dub>
Subject: Re: dynamically creating custom visual objects on custom visual objects
Lines: 51
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1158
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1165
NNTP-Posting-Host: tangram.nl
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: tangram.nl
Message-ID: <3f38c89e$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 12 Aug 2003 03:59:42 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1060685982 213.84.194.121 (12 Aug 2003 03:59:42 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 12 Aug 2003 03:59:42 -0700, tangram.nl
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.objects:7544
Article PK: 734828

Initially you should open uo_xyz on the parent window using the
openuserobject( ) function.
Next you can change the parent to the other cvo.

Take a look at following url for more details.
http://www.pbinfo.be/index.php?file=tips&seq=1

HTH

Arnoud


"Philip Salgannik" <philemaxNOSPAM@comcast.net> schreef in bericht
news:3f3869cf$1@forums-1-dub...

> You can NOT CREATE a userobject, only OpenUserObject it...
>
> --
> This is a FAQ, read Help, then search
> www.groups.google.com/advanced_group_search
>
> pbm_thisusuallydoesnothelp:-))
> Philip Salgannik
>
> "Eric" <ericlaperriere@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> news:3f384db2$1@forums-2-dub...
> > I'm trying to create a cvo on another cvo using the following script:
> >
> > uo_xyz luo
> >
> > luo = create uo_xyz
> > luo.show()
> >
> > However the show() is returning a -1. Both objects are inherited from
the
> > userobject class. Any thoughts on why the show() isn't working? Is the
a
> > better why to do this?
> >
> > Development Environment:
> > Windows XP
> > PowerBuilder 9 Build 5507
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> >
> > Eric
> >
> >
>
>


Eric Posted on 2003-08-12 23:51:36.0Z
From: "Eric" <ericlaperriere@earthlink.net>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.objects
References: <3f384db2$1@forums-2-dub> <3f3869cf$1@forums-1-dub> <3f38c89e$1@forums-1-dub>
Subject: Re: dynamically creating custom visual objects on custom visual objects
Lines: 61
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1158
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1165
NNTP-Posting-Host: h-69-3-69-230.sfldmidn.covad.net
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: h-69-3-69-230.sfldmidn.covad.net
Message-ID: <3f397d88$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 12 Aug 2003 16:51:36 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1060732296 69.3.69.230 (12 Aug 2003 16:51:36 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 12 Aug 2003 16:51:36 -0700, h-69-3-69-230.sfldmidn.covad.net
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.objects:7547
Article PK: 734830

Thanks,

This is exactly what I'm looking for

"Arnoud Oortwijk" <aoortwijk@tangram.nl> wrote in message
news:3f38c89e$1@forums-1-dub...
> Initially you should open uo_xyz on the parent window using the
> openuserobject( ) function.
> Next you can change the parent to the other cvo.
>
> Take a look at following url for more details.
> http://www.pbinfo.be/index.php?file=tips&seq=1
>
> HTH
>
> Arnoud
>
>
> "Philip Salgannik" <philemaxNOSPAM@comcast.net> schreef in bericht
> news:3f3869cf$1@forums-1-dub...
> > You can NOT CREATE a userobject, only OpenUserObject it...
> >
> > --
> > This is a FAQ, read Help, then search
> > www.groups.google.com/advanced_group_search
> >
> > pbm_thisusuallydoesnothelp:-))
> > Philip Salgannik
> >
> > "Eric" <ericlaperriere@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> > news:3f384db2$1@forums-2-dub...
> > > I'm trying to create a cvo on another cvo using the following script:
> > >
> > > uo_xyz luo
> > >
> > > luo = create uo_xyz
> > > luo.show()
> > >
> > > However the show() is returning a -1. Both objects are inherited from
> the
> > > userobject class. Any thoughts on why the show() isn't working? Is
the
> a
> > > better why to do this?
> > >
> > > Development Environment:
> > > Windows XP
> > > PowerBuilder 9 Build 5507
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance
> > >
> > > Eric
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>