Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

system.missingmethodexception

6 posts in General Discussion Last posting was on 2003-09-02 14:36:54.0Z
lsanchez Posted on 2003-08-28 12:16:14.0Z
Sender: cdf.3f4df15f.1804289383@sybase.com
From: lsanchez@ameren.com
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.general
Subject: system.missingmethodexception
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1s
Message-ID: <3f4df2c3.d11.846930886@sybase.com>
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.42
X-Original-Trace: 28 Aug 2003 05:17:07 -0700, 10.22.241.42
Lines: 6
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-2-dub.sybase.com
X-Original-Trace: 28 Aug 2003 05:14:40 -0700, forums-2-dub.sybase.com
NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
Date: 28 Aug 2003 05:16:14 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1062072974 10.22.108.75 (28 Aug 2003 05:16:14 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 28 Aug 2003 05:16:14 -0700, forums-master.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: ngsysop
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.general:1677
Article PK: 3903

I just upgraded to Visual Studio.NET, May 2003 release.
When I try to connect to the ASA database, I get
system.missingmethodexception error. I am using the ASA
wrapper supplied by Sybase. Please help!

Thanks.


Michel Renaud Posted on 2003-08-28 16:49:43.0Z
Sender: 1378.3f4e3266.1804289383@sybase.com
From: Michel Renaud
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.general
Subject: Re: system.missingmethodexception
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1s
Message-ID: <3f4e32dc.1384.846930886@sybase.com>
References: <3f4df2c3.d11.846930886@sybase.com>
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.42
X-Original-Trace: 28 Aug 2003 09:50:36 -0700, 10.22.241.42
Lines: 10
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-2-dub.sybase.com
X-Original-Trace: 28 Aug 2003 09:48:08 -0700, forums-2-dub.sybase.com
NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
Date: 28 Aug 2003 09:49:43 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1062089383 10.22.108.75 (28 Aug 2003 09:49:43 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 28 Aug 2003 09:49:43 -0700, forums-master.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: ngsysop
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.general:1678
Article PK: 3902


> I just upgraded to Visual Studio.NET, May 2003 release.
> When I try to connect to the ASA database, I get
> system.missingmethodexception error. I am using the ASA
> wrapper supplied by Sybase. Please help!

Were you using VS.Net 2002 before? If yes, you need to
change the reference to iAnywhere.Data.AsaClient.dll to the
one located in C:\Program Files\Sybase\SQL Anywhere
8\ce\VSNet2003 (your actual path may vary...) The 2002 DLL
doesn't work under 2003.


lsanchez Posted on 2003-08-28 19:46:54.0Z
Sender: 1655.3f4e57ca.1804289383@sybase.com
From: lsanchez@ameren.com
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.general
Subject: Re: system.missingmethodexception
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1s
Message-ID: <3f4e5c64.1696.846930886@sybase.com>
References: <3f4df2c3.d11.846930886@sybase.com><3f4e32dc.1384.846930886@sybase.com>
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.42
X-Original-Trace: 28 Aug 2003 12:47:48 -0700, 10.22.241.42
Lines: 16
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-2-dub.sybase.com
X-Original-Trace: 28 Aug 2003 12:45:18 -0700, forums-2-dub.sybase.com
NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
Date: 28 Aug 2003 12:46:54 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1062100014 10.22.108.75 (28 Aug 2003 12:46:54 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 28 Aug 2003 12:46:54 -0700, forums-master.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: ngsysop
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.general:1679
Article PK: 3904


> > I just upgraded to Visual Studio.NET, May 2003 release.
> > When I try to connect to the ASA database, I get
> > system.missingmethodexception error. I am using the ASA
> > wrapper supplied by Sybase. Please help!
>
> Were you using VS.Net 2002 before? If yes, you need to
> change the reference to iAnywhere.Data.AsaClient.dll to
> the one located in C:\Program Files\Sybase\SQL Anywhere
> 8\ce\VSNet2003 (your actual path may vary...) The 2002
> DLL doesn't work under 2003.

Previously we were using a wrapper supplied by Sybase,
written in C#, called ASAODBCSDE. We never had a reference
to this dll. Is there any way we can continue using this
wrapper? If not, can you point me towards some references
that will show me how to connect to ASA? Thanks.


Jason Hinsperger Posted on 2003-08-28 20:18:11.0Z
From: "Jason Hinsperger" <NOJason_HinspergerSPAM@hotmail.com>
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.general
References: <3f4df2c3.d11.846930886@sybase.com><3f4e32dc.1384.846930886@sybase.com> <3f4e5c64.1696.846930886@sybase.com>
Subject: Re: system.missingmethodexception
Lines: 42
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1158
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1165
NNTP-Posting-Host: hinsperg-pc1.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: hinsperg-pc1.sybase.com
Message-ID: <3f4e6383@forums-1-dub>
Date: 28 Aug 2003 13:18:11 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1062101891 172.31.143.226 (28 Aug 2003 13:18:11 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 28 Aug 2003 13:18:11 -0700, hinsperg-pc1.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: techsupp
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.general:1680
Article PK: 3906

Did you get the wrapper source when you got the ODBC wrapper? If so, you
should be able to rebuild it using VS.NET 2003 and you should be able to use
it.

The native ADO.NET provider for ASA was released with the 8.0.2 VBF
(available for download from the website). Now that there is a native
ADO.NET provider for ASA (iAnywhere.Data.ASAClient), you can use it instead
of the ODBC.NET wrapper. The switchover should be straightforward. Just
replace AsaOdbc references with ASAClient references.

--
Jason Hinsperger
International and Sustaining Engineering
iAnywhere Solutions

Whitepapers, TechDocs, and bug fixes are all available through the iAnywhere
Developer Community at www.ianywhere.com/developer
--

<lsanchez@ameren.com> wrote in message
news:3f4e5c64.1696.846930886@sybase.com...
> > > I just upgraded to Visual Studio.NET, May 2003 release.
> > > When I try to connect to the ASA database, I get
> > > system.missingmethodexception error. I am using the ASA
> > > wrapper supplied by Sybase. Please help!
> >
> > Were you using VS.Net 2002 before? If yes, you need to
> > change the reference to iAnywhere.Data.AsaClient.dll to
> > the one located in C:\Program Files\Sybase\SQL Anywhere
> > 8\ce\VSNet2003 (your actual path may vary...) The 2002
> > DLL doesn't work under 2003.
>
> Previously we were using a wrapper supplied by Sybase,
> written in C#, called ASAODBCSDE. We never had a reference
> to this dll. Is there any way we can continue using this
> wrapper? If not, can you point me towards some references
> that will show me how to connect to ASA? Thanks.


lsanchez Posted on 2003-09-02 14:36:54.0Z
Sender: 51b8.3f54aaa4.1804289383@sybase.com
From: lsanchez@ameren.com
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.general
Subject: Re: system.missingmethodexception
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1s
Message-ID: <3f54ab06.51c2.846930886@sybase.com>
References: <3f4df2c3.d11.846930886@sybase.com><3f4e32dc.1384.846930886@sybase.com> <3f4e5c64.1696.846930886@sybase.com><3f4e6383@forums-1-dub>
NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
Date: 2 Sep 2003 07:36:54 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1062513414 10.22.241.41 (2 Sep 2003 07:36:54 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 2 Sep 2003 07:36:54 -0700, 10.22.241.41
Lines: 50
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.general:1691
Article PK: 3913

>The problem seems to be in the C# wrapper. The line "using
system.methodmissingexception;" is not valid. I've tried
deleting the references and adding them again, using the
VS2003 versions. Still no luck.

Did you get the wrapper source when you got the ODBC

> wrapper? If so, you should be able to rebuild it using
> VS.NET 2003 and you should be able to use it.
>
> The native ADO.NET provider for ASA was released with the
> 8.0.2 VBF (available for download from the website). Now
> that there is a native ADO.NET provider for ASA
> (iAnywhere.Data.ASAClient), you can use it instead of the
> ODBC.NET wrapper. The switchover should be
> straightforward. Just replace AsaOdbc references with
> ASAClient references.
>
> --
> Jason Hinsperger
> International and Sustaining Engineering
> iAnywhere Solutions
>
> Whitepapers, TechDocs, and bug fixes are all available
> through the iAnywhere Developer Community at
> www.ianywhere.com/developer --
>
>
>
>
> <lsanchez@ameren.com> wrote in message
> news:3f4e5c64.1696.846930886@sybase.com...
> > > > I just upgraded to Visual Studio.NET, May 2003
> > > > release. When I try to connect to the ASA database,
> > > > I get system.missingmethodexception error. I am
> > > > using the ASA wrapper supplied by Sybase. Please
> > help! >
> > > Were you using VS.Net 2002 before? If yes, you need
> > > to change the reference to
> > > iAnywhere.Data.AsaClient.dll to the one located in
> > > C:\Program Files\Sybase\SQL Anywhere 8\ce\VSNet2003
> > > (your actual path may vary...) The 2002 DLL doesn't
> work under 2003. >
> > Previously we were using a wrapper supplied by Sybase,
> > written in C#, called ASAODBCSDE. We never had a
> > reference to this dll. Is there any way we can continue
> > using this wrapper? If not, can you point me towards
> > some references that will show me how to connect to ASA?
> Thanks.
>
>


Michel Renaud Posted on 2003-08-29 11:12:48.0Z
Sender: ddb.3f4f34c4.1804289383@sybase.com
From: Michel Renaud
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.general
Subject: Re: system.missingmethodexception
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1s
Message-ID: <3f4f3530.de8.846930886@sybase.com>
References: <3f4df2c3.d11.846930886@sybase.com><3f4e32dc.1384.846930886@sybase.com><3f4e5c64.1696.846930886@sybase.com>
NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
Date: 29 Aug 2003 04:12:48 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1062155568 10.22.241.41 (29 Aug 2003 04:12:48 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 29 Aug 2003 04:12:48 -0700, 10.22.241.41
Lines: 12
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.general:1682
Article PK: 3907


> Previously we were using a wrapper supplied by Sybase,
> written in C#, called ASAODBCSDE. We never had a
> reference to this dll. Is there any way we can continue
> using this wrapper? If not, can you point me towards some
> references that will show me how to connect to ASA?
> Thanks.

I wasn't aware of that wrapper. The ADO.NET data provider
was in beta when I started back in December, so I've been
using that since. Just go to EBFs/Maintenance and download
the latest Windows CE update, you'll find what you need in
there, including samples and a help file.