Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

Detecting When Data Changed

7 posts in Delphi Last posting was on 2003-09-18 14:42:00.0Z
Rodger Van Kirk Posted on 2003-09-09 20:26:27.0Z
From: "Rodger Van Kirk" <rodgerv@nospam.calsense.com>
Newsgroups: advantage.delphi
Subject: Detecting When Data Changed
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 13:26:27 -0700
Lines: 9
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1158
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1165
NNTP-Posting-Host: 64.60.33.242
Message-ID: <3f5e3821@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
X-Trace: 9 Sep 2003 14:29:21 -0700, 64.60.33.242
Path: solutions.advantagedatabase.com!solutions.advantagedatabase.com!64.60.33.242
Xref: solutions.advantagedatabase.com Advantage.Delphi:13923
Article PK: 1107359

Is there a way to detect when data in a table changed? For example: Lets
say you are looking at a list of customers and a user an another PC adds a
new user. I would like to notify all my users that this happened so if they
are looking at a list of users it will update and show the changes.

Thanks in advance,
Rodger


Joachim Duerr (ADS Support) Posted on 2003-09-10 08:18:52.0Z
From: "Joachim Duerr (ADS Support)" <jojo.duerr@gmx.de>
Subject: Re: Detecting When Data Changed
Newsgroups: Advantage.Delphi
References: <3f5e3821@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
Organization: Extended Systems GmbH
User-Agent: XanaNews/1.15.6.2
X-Face: ,QMv7[luB)BpWAQ~:"kw6n%0ieY63.:g2K3n~8ky0;||5Xle*Xq+=~<Fy:0CVC2nx@8~vZ
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
NNTP-Posting-Host: 195.2.185.25
Message-ID: <3f5ed05c@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
Date: 10 Sep 2003 01:18:52 -0700
X-Trace: 10 Sep 2003 01:18:52 -0700, 195.2.185.25
Lines: 17
Path: solutions.advantagedatabase.com!solutions.advantagedatabase.com!195.2.185.25
Xref: solutions.advantagedatabase.com Advantage.Delphi:13927
Article PK: 1107361


Rodger Van Kirk wrote in <3f5e3821@solutions.advantagedatabase.com> :

> Is there a way to detect when data in a table changed? For example:
> Lets say you are looking at a list of customers and a user an another
> PC adds a new user. I would like to notify all my users that this
> happened so if they are looking at a list of users it will update and
> show the changes.

Use ADS 7, write a Trigger which sends an IP packet to all clients.
Listen on client site for the special IP packet.

--
Joachim Duerr
Lead ADS Support, Extended Systems GmbH, Germany
advantage[AT]extendsys.de
- posted with Xananews 1.15.6.2 -
!!! ADS 7 Beta now available !!!


Brian Posted on 2003-09-10 18:17:16.0Z
From: "Brian" <NoEmail@NoEmail.com>
Newsgroups: Advantage.Delphi
References: <3f5e3821@solutions.advantagedatabase.com> <3f5ed05c@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
Subject: Re: Detecting When Data Changed
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 13:17:16 -0500
Lines: 28
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 5.50.4920.2300
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.50.4920.2300
NNTP-Posting-Host: 216.152.27.55
Message-ID: <3f5f6b2e@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
X-Trace: 10 Sep 2003 12:19:26 -0700, 216.152.27.55
Path: solutions.advantagedatabase.com!solutions.advantagedatabase.com!216.152.27.55
Xref: solutions.advantagedatabase.com Advantage.Delphi:13928
Article PK: 1107364

Will v7 triggers be supported on Novell?

Regards,

Brian.

"Joachim Duerr (ADS Support)" <jojo.duerr@gmx.de> wrote in message
news:3f5ed05c@solutions.advantagedatabase.com...
> Rodger Van Kirk wrote in <3f5e3821@solutions.advantagedatabase.com> :
>
> > Is there a way to detect when data in a table changed? For example:
> > Lets say you are looking at a list of customers and a user an another
> > PC adds a new user. I would like to notify all my users that this
> > happened so if they are looking at a list of users it will update and
> > show the changes.
>
> Use ADS 7, write a Trigger which sends an IP packet to all clients.
> Listen on client site for the special IP packet.
>
> --
> Joachim Duerr
> Lead ADS Support, Extended Systems GmbH, Germany
> advantage[AT]extendsys.de
> - posted with Xananews 1.15.6.2 -
> !!! ADS 7 Beta now available !!!


Brad Schmidt Posted on 2003-09-10 18:34:28.0Z
Message-ID: <3F5F6EB4.A4F5CA1D@extendedsystems.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 12:34:28 -0600
From: Brad Schmidt <brad.schmidt.info.nospam@extendedsystems.com>
Organization: Extended Systems, Inc.
X-Mailer: Mozilla 4.79 [en] (WinNT; U)
X-Accept-Language: en
MIME-Version: 1.0
Newsgroups: Advantage.Delphi
Subject: Re: Detecting When Data Changed
References: <3f5e3821@solutions.advantagedatabase.com> <3f5ed05c@solutions.advantagedatabase.com> <3f5f6b2e@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
NNTP-Posting-Host: 198.60.232.49
X-Trace: 10 Sep 2003 12:36:06 -0700, 198.60.232.49
Lines: 40
Path: solutions.advantagedatabase.com!solutions.advantagedatabase.com!198.60.232.49
Xref: solutions.advantagedatabase.com Advantage.Delphi:13929
Article PK: 1107365

Brian,

Executing an SQL script (i.e., a semicolon delimited list of SQL statements)
is supported, but not writing your trigger as a Win32 DLL, COM object, or
.NET assembly as NetWare does not have support for those.

Brian wrote:

> Will v7 triggers be supported on Novell?
>
> Regards,
>
> Brian.
>
> "Joachim Duerr (ADS Support)" <jojo.duerr@gmx.de> wrote in message
> news:3f5ed05c@solutions.advantagedatabase.com...
> > Rodger Van Kirk wrote in <3f5e3821@solutions.advantagedatabase.com> :
> >
> > > Is there a way to detect when data in a table changed? For example:
> > > Lets say you are looking at a list of customers and a user an another
> > > PC adds a new user. I would like to notify all my users that this
> > > happened so if they are looking at a list of users it will update and
> > > show the changes.
> >
> > Use ADS 7, write a Trigger which sends an IP packet to all clients.
> > Listen on client site for the special IP packet.
> >
> > --
> > Joachim Duerr
> > Lead ADS Support, Extended Systems GmbH, Germany
> > advantage[AT]extendsys.de
> > - posted with Xananews 1.15.6.2 -
> > !!! ADS 7 Beta now available !!!

Brad
--
* Brad Schmidt
* Extended Systems, Inc.


Brian Posted on 2003-09-11 18:41:33.0Z
From: "Brian" <NoEmail@NoEmail.com>
Newsgroups: Advantage.Delphi
References: <3f5e3821@solutions.advantagedatabase.com> <3f5ed05c@solutions.advantagedatabase.com> <3f5f6b2e@solutions.advantagedatabase.com> <3F5F6EB4.A4F5CA1D@extendedsystems.com>
Subject: Re: Detecting When Data Changed
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 13:41:33 -0500
Lines: 54
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 5.50.4920.2300
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.50.4920.2300
NNTP-Posting-Host: 216.152.27.55
Message-ID: <3f60c288@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
X-Trace: 11 Sep 2003 12:44:24 -0700, 216.152.27.55
Path: solutions.advantagedatabase.com!solutions.advantagedatabase.com!216.152.27.55
Xref: solutions.advantagedatabase.com Advantage.Delphi:13935
Article PK: 1107372

You guys are *way* smart, someone there (J.D.?) figure out how to make it
work? :-))

Thanks in advance!

Brian.

"Brad Schmidt" <brad.schmidt.info.nospam@extendedsystems.com> wrote in
message news:3F5F6EB4.A4F5CA1D@extendedsystems.com...
> Brian,
>
> Executing an SQL script (i.e., a semicolon delimited list of SQL
statements)
> is supported, but not writing your trigger as a Win32 DLL, COM object, or
> .NET assembly as NetWare does not have support for those.
>
> Brian wrote:
>
> > Will v7 triggers be supported on Novell?
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Brian.
> >
> > "Joachim Duerr (ADS Support)" <jojo.duerr@gmx.de> wrote in message
> > news:3f5ed05c@solutions.advantagedatabase.com...
> > > Rodger Van Kirk wrote in <3f5e3821@solutions.advantagedatabase.com> :
> > >
> > > > Is there a way to detect when data in a table changed? For example:
> > > > Lets say you are looking at a list of customers and a user an
another
> > > > PC adds a new user. I would like to notify all my users that this
> > > > happened so if they are looking at a list of users it will update
and
> > > > show the changes.
> > >
> > > Use ADS 7, write a Trigger which sends an IP packet to all clients.
> > > Listen on client site for the special IP packet.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Joachim Duerr
> > > Lead ADS Support, Extended Systems GmbH, Germany
> > > advantage[AT]extendsys.de
> > > - posted with Xananews 1.15.6.2 -
> > > !!! ADS 7 Beta now available !!!
>
> Brad
> --
> * Brad Schmidt
> * Extended Systems, Inc.
>
>


Arturo Portillo E. Posted on 2003-09-18 13:32:55.0Z
From: "Arturo Portillo E." <arturoportillo@megatrans.com.mx>
Newsgroups: Advantage.Delphi
References: <3f5e3821@solutions.advantagedatabase.com> <3f5ed05c@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
Subject: Re: Detecting When Data Changed
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 08:32:55 -0500
Lines: 11
Organization: Megatrans
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1158
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1165
NNTP-Posting-Host: 148.223.107.81
Message-ID: <3f69b4b2@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
X-Trace: 18 Sep 2003 07:35:46 -0700, 148.223.107.81
Path: solutions.advantagedatabase.com!solutions.advantagedatabase.com!148.223.107.81
Xref: solutions.advantagedatabase.com Advantage.Delphi:13964
Article PK: 1107401

"Joachim Duerr (ADS Support)" <jojo.duerr@gmx.de> escribió en el mensaje
news:3f5ed05c@solutions.advantagedatabase.com...

> Rodger Van Kirk wrote in <3f5e3821@solutions.advantagedatabase.com> :
>
> Use ADS 7, write a Trigger which sends an IP packet to all clients.
> Listen on client site for the special IP packet.

We just get ADS 6.2, is that available in this version, we can't afford an
upgrade for now.


Joachim Duerr (ADS Support) Posted on 2003-09-18 14:42:00.0Z
From: "Joachim Duerr (ADS Support)" <jojo.duerr@gmx.de>
Subject: Re: Detecting When Data Changed
Newsgroups: Advantage.Delphi
References: <3f5e3821@solutions.advantagedatabase.com> <3f5ed05c@solutions.advantagedatabase.com> <3f69b4b2@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
Organization: Extended Systems GmbH
User-Agent: XanaNews/1.15.6.2
X-Face: ,QMv7[luB)BpWAQ~:"kw6n%0ieY63.:g2K3n~8ky0;||5Xle*Xq+=~<Fy:0CVC2nx@8~vZ
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
NNTP-Posting-Host: 195.2.185.25
Message-ID: <3f69b628@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
Date: 18 Sep 2003 07:42:00 -0700
X-Trace: 18 Sep 2003 07:42:00 -0700, 195.2.185.25
Lines: 13
Path: solutions.advantagedatabase.com!solutions.advantagedatabase.com!195.2.185.25
Xref: solutions.advantagedatabase.com Advantage.Delphi:13966
Article PK: 1107402


Arturo Portillo E. wrote in <3f69b4b2@solutions.advantagedatabase.com> :

> We just get ADS 6.2, is that available in this version, we can't
> afford an upgrade for now.

no. Trigger is a new feature in ADS 7.

--
Joachim Duerr
Lead ADS Support, Extended Systems GmbH, Germany
advantage[AT]extendsys.de
- posted with Xananews 1.15.6.2 -
!!! ADS 7 Beta now available !!!