Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

trantest/ASA tool for ASA8/9 for win2k/Linux

4 posts in General Discussion Last posting was on 2003-09-16 15:53:31.0Z
AKhan Posted on 2003-09-15 21:35:44.0Z
Sender: 24e4.3f663012.1804289383@sybase.com
From: AKhan
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.general
Subject: trantest/ASA tool for ASA8/9 for win2k/Linux
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1s
Message-ID: <3f6630b0.24f2.846930886@sybase.com>
NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
Date: 15 Sep 2003 14:35:44 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1063661744 10.22.241.41 (15 Sep 2003 14:35:44 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 15 Sep 2003 14:35:44 -0700, 10.22.241.41
Lines: 5
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.general:1753
Article PK: 4041

Is there a newer version of ASA tool and trantest tool
available for testing with ASA8 or 9. If yes, where can I
find it? If no can I compile it with the newer ASA versions,
which compiler should I use and what step or things I shoud
look out for. Thanks for the help in advance!


"Bruce Hay" Posted on 2003-09-16 12:33:11.0Z
From: "Bruce Hay" <hay at sybase dot com>
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.general
References: <3f6630b0.24f2.846930886@sybase.com>
Subject: Re: trantest/ASA tool for ASA8/9 for win2k/Linux
Lines: 15
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1106
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1106
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: hay-xp.sybase.com
Message-ID: <3f670380$1@forums-2-dub>
X-Original-Trace: 16 Sep 2003 05:35:12 -0700, hay-xp.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-2-dub.sybase.com
X-Original-Trace: 16 Sep 2003 05:29:46 -0700, forums-2-dub.sybase.com
NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
Date: 16 Sep 2003 05:33:11 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1063715591 10.22.108.75 (16 Sep 2003 05:33:11 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 16 Sep 2003 05:33:11 -0700, forums-master.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: ngsysop
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.general:1754
Article PK: 4042

The tool is included with ASA 8 and 9 in the
<install>\Samples\ASA\PerformanceTransaction directory. For Windows, there
is a batch file and makefile for use with Microsoft Visual C++.

Whitepapers, TechDocs, bug fixes are all available through the iAnywhere
Developer Community at http://www.ianywhere.com/developer

<AKhan> wrote in message news:3f6630b0.24f2.846930886@sybase.com...
> Is there a newer version of ASA tool and trantest tool
> available for testing with ASA8 or 9. If yes, where can I
> find it? If no can I compile it with the newer ASA versions,
> which compiler should I use and what step or things I shoud
> look out for. Thanks for the help in advance!


AKhan Posted on 2003-09-16 13:24:06.0Z
Sender: 2e4f.3f670c21.1804289383@sybase.com
From: Akhan
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.general
Subject: Re: trantest/ASA tool for ASA8/9 for win2k/Linux
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1s
Message-ID: <3f670ef6.2e75.846930886@sybase.com>
References: <3f6630b0.24f2.846930886@sybase.com><3f670380$1@forums-2-dub>
NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
Date: 16 Sep 2003 06:24:06 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1063718646 10.22.241.41 (16 Sep 2003 06:24:06 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 16 Sep 2003 06:24:06 -0700, 10.22.241.41
Lines: 25
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.general:1756
Article PK: 4051

Thanks for the info! much appreciate it. I do want to ask
you one more thing, I am a little fuzzy on how to run the
test. It talks about placing a CALL statment in a file with
-f switch to reference it, is there a better example or
place that defines it in a little more detail on how to
achieve this. Thanks for your help again!

> The tool is included with ASA 8 and 9 in the
> <install>\Samples\ASA\PerformanceTransaction directory.
> For Windows, there is a batch file and makefile for use
> with Microsoft Visual C++.
>
> Whitepapers, TechDocs, bug fixes are all available through
> the iAnywhere Developer Community at
> http://www.ianywhere.com/developer
>
> <AKhan> wrote in message
> > news:3f6630b0.24f2.846930886@sybase.com... Is there a
> > newer version of ASA tool and trantest tool available
> > for testing with ASA8 or 9. If yes, where can I find it?
> > If no can I compile it with the newer ASA versions,
> which compiler should I use and what step or things I
> > shoud look out for. Thanks for the help in advance!
>
>


"Bruce Hay" Posted on 2003-09-16 15:53:31.0Z
From: "Bruce Hay" <hay at sybase dot com>
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.general
References: <3f6630b0.24f2.846930886@sybase.com><3f670380$1@forums-2-dub> <3f670ef6.2e75.846930886@sybase.com>
Subject: Re: trantest/ASA tool for ASA8/9 for win2k/Linux
Lines: 39
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1106
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1106
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: hay-xp.sybase.com
Message-ID: <3f673276$1@forums-2-dub>
X-Original-Trace: 16 Sep 2003 08:55:34 -0700, hay-xp.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-2-dub.sybase.com
X-Original-Trace: 16 Sep 2003 08:50:06 -0700, forums-2-dub.sybase.com
NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
Date: 16 Sep 2003 08:53:31 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1063727611 10.22.108.75 (16 Sep 2003 08:53:31 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 16 Sep 2003 08:53:31 -0700, forums-master.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: ngsysop
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.general:1758
Article PK: 4045

The statement used to define the transaction load can be placed in a text
file. The name of the text file is then specified to trantest using the -f
command line switch. The statement could be a stored procedure call or some
other SQL statement. It is assumed that the stored procedure has already
been created (e.g. using DBISQL).

You can also define more complex transactions by editing worklist.cpp.

Whitepapers, TechDocs, bug fixes are all available through the iAnywhere
Developer Community at http://www.ianywhere.com/developer

<Akhan> wrote in message news:3f670ef6.2e75.846930886@sybase.com...
> Thanks for the info! much appreciate it. I do want to ask
> you one more thing, I am a little fuzzy on how to run the
> test. It talks about placing a CALL statment in a file with
> -f switch to reference it, is there a better example or
> place that defines it in a little more detail on how to
> achieve this. Thanks for your help again!
>
> > The tool is included with ASA 8 and 9 in the
> > <install>\Samples\ASA\PerformanceTransaction directory.
> > For Windows, there is a batch file and makefile for use
> > with Microsoft Visual C++.
> >
> > Whitepapers, TechDocs, bug fixes are all available through
> > the iAnywhere Developer Community at
> > http://www.ianywhere.com/developer
> >
> > <AKhan> wrote in message
> > > news:3f6630b0.24f2.846930886@sybase.com... Is there a
> > > newer version of ASA tool and trantest tool available
> > > for testing with ASA8 or 9. If yes, where can I find it?
> > > If no can I compile it with the newer ASA versions,
> > which compiler should I use and what step or things I
> > > shoud look out for. Thanks for the help in advance!
> >
> >