Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

Swapping out datawindow fails

4 posts in Pocket PowerBuilder Last posting was on 2003-09-21 01:01:40.0Z
Larry R. Pettit Posted on 2003-09-19 15:56:47.0Z
From: "Larry R. Pettit" <lrpettit@pettitco.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.pocketpowerbuilder
Subject: Swapping out datawindow fails
Lines: 24
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1158
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1165
NNTP-Posting-Host: pettitco.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: pettitco.com
Message-ID: <3f6b273f$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 19 Sep 2003 08:56:47 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1063987007 216.62.222.137 (19 Sep 2003 08:56:47 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 19 Sep 2003 08:56:47 -0700, pettitco.com
X-Authenticated-User: ppb
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.pocketpowerbuilder:521
Article PK: 267060

When I run the following code on the PC it works fine. When I run it on the
PDA the SetTransObject() returns a -1.

Everthing is the same. The database on the PDA is a copy of the database on
the PC. There is a valid connection that was used to retrieve the prior
datawindow (before swapping it out). The new datawindow is even a copy of
the old datawindow (same select statement). Only the format is different.
I also know the new datawindow works ok elsewhere so i don't think it is a
problem with the new datawindow.

Help???

string ls_contact_id
integer li_return

ls_contact_id=tab_1.TabPage_1.dw_1.GetItemString(1,"pda_id")
//Need to swap out datawindows
tab_1.TabPage_1.dw_1.DataObject = "d_contact_edit"
li_return = tab_1.TabPage_1.dw_1.SetTransObject(SQLCA)
if tab_1.TabPage_1.dw_1.Retrieve(ls_contact_id) < 1 then
MessageBox(string(li_return), "Not Retrieved!")
end if


Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] Posted on 2003-09-20 04:17:55.0Z
From: "Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]" <NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.pocketpowerbuilder
Subject: Re: Swapping out datawindow fails
Organization: TeamSybase
Reply-To: NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com
Message-ID: <opknmv0opn5g8bbn7bjh4diu8g54p6ngls@4ax.com>
References: <3f6b273f$1@forums-1-dub>
X-Newsreader: Forte Agent 1.93/32.576 English (American)
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
NNTP-Posting-Host: 66-214-183-11.la-cbi.charterpipeline.net
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 66-214-183-11.la-cbi.charterpipeline.net
Date: 19 Sep 2003 21:17:55 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1064031475 66.214.183.11 (19 Sep 2003 21:17:55 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 19 Sep 2003 21:17:55 -0700, 66-214-183-11.la-cbi.charterpipeline.net
Lines: 47
X-Authenticated-User: TeamPS
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.pocketpowerbuilder:522
Article PK: 267054

Do you have that datawindow in a seperate PKL from the one that the
application object is in, and are you compiling that PKL into a PKB?
When you dynamically reference objects like that and compile into a
single EXE, the compiler doesn't see the objects and won't include
them.

On 19 Sep 2003 08:56:47 -0700, "Larry R. Pettit"

<lrpettit@pettitco.com> wrote:

>When I run the following code on the PC it works fine. When I run it on the
>PDA the SetTransObject() returns a -1.
>
>Everthing is the same. The database on the PDA is a copy of the database on
>the PC. There is a valid connection that was used to retrieve the prior
>datawindow (before swapping it out). The new datawindow is even a copy of
>the old datawindow (same select statement). Only the format is different.
>I also know the new datawindow works ok elsewhere so i don't think it is a
>problem with the new datawindow.
>
>Help???
>
>string ls_contact_id
>integer li_return
>
>ls_contact_id=tab_1.TabPage_1.dw_1.GetItemString(1,"pda_id")
>//Need to swap out datawindows
>tab_1.TabPage_1.dw_1.DataObject = "d_contact_edit"
>li_return = tab_1.TabPage_1.dw_1.SetTransObject(SQLCA)
>if tab_1.TabPage_1.dw_1.Retrieve(ls_contact_id) < 1 then
> MessageBox(string(li_return), "Not Retrieved!")
>end if
>

Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
http://www.teamsybase.com

Two new books on developing with PowerBuilder
http://www.pb9books.com?source=newsgroups

Need code sample? Check out CodeXchange:
http://www.codexchange.sybase.com

ISUG Enhancement Requests
http://www.isug.com/cgi-bin/ISUG2/submit_enhancement

Preach the gospel at all times. If necessary, use words. - Francis of Assisi
http://www.needhim.org


Larry R. Pettit Posted on 2003-09-20 19:11:01.0Z
From: "Larry R. Pettit" <lrpettit@pettitco.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.pocketpowerbuilder
References: <3f6b273f$1@forums-1-dub> <opknmv0opn5g8bbn7bjh4diu8g54p6ngls@4ax.com>
Subject: Re: Swapping out datawindow fails
Lines: 59
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1158
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1165
NNTP-Posting-Host: bdsl.66.13.147.170.gte.net
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: bdsl.66.13.147.170.gte.net
Message-ID: <3f6ca645$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 20 Sep 2003 12:11:01 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1064085061 66.13.147.170 (20 Sep 2003 12:11:01 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 20 Sep 2003 12:11:01 -0700, bdsl.66.13.147.170.gte.net
X-Authenticated-User: ppb
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.pocketpowerbuilder:523
Article PK: 267055

Thanks! That resolved the problem (and I should have known that).

"Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]" <NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com>

wrote in message news:opknmv0opn5g8bbn7bjh4diu8g54p6ngls@4ax.com...
> Do you have that datawindow in a seperate PKL from the one that the
> application object is in, and are you compiling that PKL into a PKB?
> When you dynamically reference objects like that and compile into a
> single EXE, the compiler doesn't see the objects and won't include
> them.
>
> On 19 Sep 2003 08:56:47 -0700, "Larry R. Pettit"
> <lrpettit@pettitco.com> wrote:
>
> >When I run the following code on the PC it works fine. When I run it on
the
> >PDA the SetTransObject() returns a -1.
> >
> >Everthing is the same. The database on the PDA is a copy of the database
on
> >the PC. There is a valid connection that was used to retrieve the prior
> >datawindow (before swapping it out). The new datawindow is even a copy
of
> >the old datawindow (same select statement). Only the format is
different.
> >I also know the new datawindow works ok elsewhere so i don't think it is
a
> >problem with the new datawindow.
> >
> >Help???
> >
> >string ls_contact_id
> >integer li_return
> >
> >ls_contact_id=tab_1.TabPage_1.dw_1.GetItemString(1,"pda_id")
> >//Need to swap out datawindows
> >tab_1.TabPage_1.dw_1.DataObject = "d_contact_edit"
> >li_return = tab_1.TabPage_1.dw_1.SetTransObject(SQLCA)
> >if tab_1.TabPage_1.dw_1.Retrieve(ls_contact_id) < 1 then
> > MessageBox(string(li_return), "Not Retrieved!")
> >end if
> >
>
> Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
> http://www.teamsybase.com
>
> Two new books on developing with PowerBuilder
> http://www.pb9books.com?source=newsgroups
>
> Need code sample? Check out CodeXchange:
> http://www.codexchange.sybase.com
>
> ISUG Enhancement Requests
> http://www.isug.com/cgi-bin/ISUG2/submit_enhancement
>
> Preach the gospel at all times. If necessary, use words. - Francis of
Assisi
> http://www.needhim.org


Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] Posted on 2003-09-21 01:01:40.0Z
From: "Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]" <NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.pocketpowerbuilder
Subject: Re: Swapping out datawindow fails
Organization: TeamSybase
Reply-To: NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com
Message-ID: <hrtpmvgllneos4mo489gomeov6f8d2mruh@4ax.com>
References: <3f6b273f$1@forums-1-dub> <opknmv0opn5g8bbn7bjh4diu8g54p6ngls@4ax.com> <3f6ca645$1@forums-1-dub>
X-Newsreader: Forte Agent 1.93/32.576 English (American)
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
NNTP-Posting-Host: 66-214-183-11.la-cbi.charterpipeline.net
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 66-214-183-11.la-cbi.charterpipeline.net
Date: 20 Sep 2003 18:01:40 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1064106100 66.214.183.11 (20 Sep 2003 18:01:40 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 20 Sep 2003 18:01:40 -0700, 66-214-183-11.la-cbi.charterpipeline.net
Lines: 80
X-Authenticated-User: TeamPS
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.pocketpowerbuilder:524
Article PK: 267057

You should also be able to use a PBR file (or is it a PKR file?) to
force the datawindow into an EXE if you do want to deploy a single
EXE>..

On 20 Sep 2003 12:11:01 -0700, "Larry R. Pettit"

<lrpettit@pettitco.com> wrote:

>Thanks! That resolved the problem (and I should have known that).
>
>"Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]" <NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com>
>wrote in message news:opknmv0opn5g8bbn7bjh4diu8g54p6ngls@4ax.com...
>> Do you have that datawindow in a seperate PKL from the one that the
>> application object is in, and are you compiling that PKL into a PKB?
>> When you dynamically reference objects like that and compile into a
>> single EXE, the compiler doesn't see the objects and won't include
>> them.
>>
>> On 19 Sep 2003 08:56:47 -0700, "Larry R. Pettit"
>> <lrpettit@pettitco.com> wrote:
>>
>> >When I run the following code on the PC it works fine. When I run it on
>the
>> >PDA the SetTransObject() returns a -1.
>> >
>> >Everthing is the same. The database on the PDA is a copy of the database
>on
>> >the PC. There is a valid connection that was used to retrieve the prior
>> >datawindow (before swapping it out). The new datawindow is even a copy
>of
>> >the old datawindow (same select statement). Only the format is
>different.
>> >I also know the new datawindow works ok elsewhere so i don't think it is
>a
>> >problem with the new datawindow.
>> >
>> >Help???
>> >
>> >string ls_contact_id
>> >integer li_return
>> >
>> >ls_contact_id=tab_1.TabPage_1.dw_1.GetItemString(1,"pda_id")
>> >//Need to swap out datawindows
>> >tab_1.TabPage_1.dw_1.DataObject = "d_contact_edit"
>> >li_return = tab_1.TabPage_1.dw_1.SetTransObject(SQLCA)
>> >if tab_1.TabPage_1.dw_1.Retrieve(ls_contact_id) < 1 then
>> > MessageBox(string(li_return), "Not Retrieved!")
>> >end if
>> >
>>
>> Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
>> http://www.teamsybase.com
>>
>> Two new books on developing with PowerBuilder
>> http://www.pb9books.com?source=newsgroups
>>
>> Need code sample? Check out CodeXchange:
>> http://www.codexchange.sybase.com
>>
>> ISUG Enhancement Requests
>> http://www.isug.com/cgi-bin/ISUG2/submit_enhancement
>>
>> Preach the gospel at all times. If necessary, use words. - Francis of
>Assisi
>> http://www.needhim.org
>

Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
http://www.teamsybase.com

Two new books on developing with PowerBuilder
http://www.pb9books.com?source=newsgroups

Need code sample? Check out CodeXchange:
http://www.codexchange.sybase.com

ISUG Enhancement Requests
http://www.isug.com/cgi-bin/ISUG2/submit_enhancement

Preach the gospel at all times. If necessary, use words. - Francis of Assisi
http://www.needhim.org