Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

What DB can it connect to

5 posts in Pocket PowerBuilder Last posting was on 2003-10-01 13:44:00.0Z
Matthew Green Posted on 2003-09-30 14:56:22.0Z
From: "Matthew Green" <mg@powersoft-services.co.uk>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.pocketpowerbuilder
Subject: What DB can it connect to
Lines: 11
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1158
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1165
NNTP-Posting-Host: 62.231.145.102
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 62.231.145.102
Message-ID: <3f799996$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 30 Sep 2003 07:56:22 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1064933782 62.231.145.102 (30 Sep 2003 07:56:22 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 30 Sep 2003 07:56:22 -0700, 62.231.145.102
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.pocketpowerbuilder:642
Article PK: 267176

I read somwhere it could only connect to ASA ,. is this true ?
I would like to write a Pocket builder app that will connect to our oracle
DB out on
our network .. is this possible ?

thanks

Matt
(sorry for stupid questions)


Dean Jones [TeamSybase] Posted on 2003-09-30 17:20:50.0Z
From: "Dean Jones [TeamSybase]" <dean__remove__@powerobjects.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.pocketpowerbuilder
References: <3f799996$1@forums-1-dub>
Subject: Re: What DB can it connect to
Lines: 28
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1158
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1165
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 216.207.144.172
Message-ID: <3f79bc1d$1@forums-2-dub>
X-Original-Trace: 30 Sep 2003 10:23:41 -0700, 216.207.144.172
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-2-dub.sybase.com
X-Original-Trace: 30 Sep 2003 10:16:00 -0700, forums-2-dub.sybase.com
NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
Date: 30 Sep 2003 10:20:50 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1064942450 10.22.108.75 (30 Sep 2003 10:20:50 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 30 Sep 2003 10:20:50 -0700, forums-master.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: ngsysop
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.pocketpowerbuilder:646
Article PK: 267180

Right now you must use linked tables through ASA.

--
Dean Jones [TeamSybase]
CEO
PowerObjects
http://www.powerobjects.com
(612) 339-3355 ext 112

"Matthew Green" <mg@powersoft-services.co.uk> wrote in message
news:3f799996$1@forums-1-dub...
> I read somwhere it could only connect to ASA ,. is this true ?
> I would like to write a Pocket builder app that will connect to our oracle
> DB out on
> our network .. is this possible ?
>
> thanks
>
> Matt
> (sorry for stupid questions)
>
>


Matthew Green Posted on 2003-10-01 10:02:27.0Z
From: "Matthew Green" <mg@powersoft-services.co.uk>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.pocketpowerbuilder
References: <3f799996$1@forums-1-dub> <3f79bc1d$1@forums-2-dub>
Subject: Re: What DB can it connect to
Lines: 39
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1158
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1165
NNTP-Posting-Host: 62.231.145.102
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 62.231.145.102
Message-ID: <3f7aa633@forums-1-dub>
Date: 1 Oct 2003 03:02:27 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1065002547 62.231.145.102 (1 Oct 2003 03:02:27 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 1 Oct 2003 03:02:27 -0700, 62.231.145.102
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.pocketpowerbuilder:652
Article PK: 267186

do you know if there is plans/ETA on being able to connect to other DB ?
I guess there are other ways to communicate to other types of servers ?
could i get a call to EAserver ?

Matt

"Dean Jones [TeamSybase]" <dean__remove__@powerobjects.com> wrote in message
news:3f79bc1d$1@forums-2-dub...
> Right now you must use linked tables through ASA.
>
> --
> Dean Jones [TeamSybase]
> CEO
> PowerObjects
> http://www.powerobjects.com
> (612) 339-3355 ext 112
>
>
>
>
>
> "Matthew Green" <mg@powersoft-services.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:3f799996$1@forums-1-dub...
> > I read somwhere it could only connect to ASA ,. is this true ?
> > I would like to write a Pocket builder app that will connect to our
oracle
> > DB out on
> > our network .. is this possible ?
> >
> > thanks
> >
> > Matt
> > (sorry for stupid questions)
> >
> >
>
>


Dean Jones [TeamSybase] Posted on 2003-10-01 13:40:33.0Z
From: "Dean Jones [TeamSybase]" <dean__remove__@powerobjects.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.pocketpowerbuilder
References: <3f799996$1@forums-1-dub> <3f79bc1d$1@forums-2-dub> <3f7aa633@forums-1-dub>
Subject: Re: What DB can it connect to
Lines: 59
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1158
X-MIMEOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1165
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 216.207.144.172
Message-ID: <3f7ad9fe@forums-2-dub>
X-Original-Trace: 1 Oct 2003 06:43:26 -0700, 216.207.144.172
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-2-dub.sybase.com
X-Original-Trace: 1 Oct 2003 06:35:37 -0700, forums-2-dub.sybase.com
NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
Date: 1 Oct 2003 06:40:33 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1065015633 10.22.108.75 (1 Oct 2003 06:40:33 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 1 Oct 2003 06:40:33 -0700, forums-master.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: ngsysop
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.pocketpowerbuilder:654
Article PK: 267188

You can call EAServer using PocketSoap to make a web service call. Look on
code exchange for an example. Its very easy to do. I have not test the new
code Reed post that allow you to specify the data type of arguments.

--
Dean Jones [TeamSybase]
CEO
PowerObjects
http://www.powerobjects.com
(612) 339-3355 ext 112

"Matthew Green" <mg@powersoft-services.co.uk> wrote in message
news:3f7aa633@forums-1-dub...
> do you know if there is plans/ETA on being able to connect to other DB ?
> I guess there are other ways to communicate to other types of servers ?
> could i get a call to EAserver ?
>
> Matt
>
> "Dean Jones [TeamSybase]" <dean__remove__@powerobjects.com> wrote in
message
> news:3f79bc1d$1@forums-2-dub...
> > Right now you must use linked tables through ASA.
> >
> > --
> > Dean Jones [TeamSybase]
> > CEO
> > PowerObjects
> > http://www.powerobjects.com
> > (612) 339-3355 ext 112
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > "Matthew Green" <mg@powersoft-services.co.uk> wrote in message
> > news:3f799996$1@forums-1-dub...
> > > I read somwhere it could only connect to ASA ,. is this true ?
> > > I would like to write a Pocket builder app that will connect to our
> oracle
> > > DB out on
> > > our network .. is this possible ?
> > >
> > > thanks
> > >
> > > Matt
> > > (sorry for stupid questions)
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>


Matthew Green Posted on 2003-10-01 13:44:00.0Z
From: "Matthew Green" <mg@powersoft-services.co.uk>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.pocketpowerbuilder
References: <3f799996$1@forums-1-dub> <3f79bc1d$1@forums-2-dub> <3f7aa633@forums-1-dub> <3f7ad9fe@forums-2-dub>
Subject: Re: What DB can it connect to
Lines: 69
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1158
X-MIMEOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1165
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 62.231.145.102
Message-ID: <3f7adacb$1@forums-2-dub>
X-Original-Trace: 1 Oct 2003 06:46:51 -0700, 62.231.145.102
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-2-dub.sybase.com
X-Original-Trace: 1 Oct 2003 06:39:02 -0700, forums-2-dub.sybase.com
NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
Date: 1 Oct 2003 06:44:00 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1065015840 10.22.108.75 (1 Oct 2003 06:44:00 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 1 Oct 2003 06:44:00 -0700, forums-master.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: ngsysop
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.pocketpowerbuilder:656
Article PK: 267190

cool thanks , we have jusst ordered a copy of pocketbuilder to have a play
with ...

thanks

Matt

"Dean Jones [TeamSybase]" <dean__remove__@powerobjects.com> wrote in message
news:3f7ad9fe@forums-2-dub...
> You can call EAServer using PocketSoap to make a web service call. Look on
> code exchange for an example. Its very easy to do. I have not test the new
> code Reed post that allow you to specify the data type of arguments.
>
> --
> Dean Jones [TeamSybase]
> CEO
> PowerObjects
> http://www.powerobjects.com
> (612) 339-3355 ext 112
>
>
>
>
>
> "Matthew Green" <mg@powersoft-services.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:3f7aa633@forums-1-dub...
> > do you know if there is plans/ETA on being able to connect to other DB ?
> > I guess there are other ways to communicate to other types of servers ?
> > could i get a call to EAserver ?
> >
> > Matt
> >
> > "Dean Jones [TeamSybase]" <dean__remove__@powerobjects.com> wrote in
> message
> > news:3f79bc1d$1@forums-2-dub...
> > > Right now you must use linked tables through ASA.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Dean Jones [TeamSybase]
> > > CEO
> > > PowerObjects
> > > http://www.powerobjects.com
> > > (612) 339-3355 ext 112
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > "Matthew Green" <mg@powersoft-services.co.uk> wrote in message
> > > news:3f799996$1@forums-1-dub...
> > > > I read somwhere it could only connect to ASA ,. is this true ?
> > > > I would like to write a Pocket builder app that will connect to our
> > oracle
> > > > DB out on
> > > > our network .. is this possible ?
> > > >
> > > > thanks
> > > >
> > > > Matt
> > > > (sorry for stupid questions)
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>