Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

6611 / 6313 ADS errors

4 posts in Networking Last posting was on 2003-12-04 15:21:48.0Z
Marcelo Ramos Posted on 2003-11-27 21:07:30.0Z
From: "Marcelo Ramos" <mramos@caisoftdesign.ca>
Newsgroups: Advantage.Networking
Subject: 6611 / 6313 ADS errors
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 16:07:30 -0500
Lines: 14
Organization: CAISoftdesign
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1158
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1165
NNTP-Posting-Host: 216.13.46.34
Message-ID: <3fc665cd@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
X-Trace: 27 Nov 2003 13:59:57 -0700, 216.13.46.34
Path: solutions.advantagedatabase.com!solutions.advantagedatabase.com!216.13.46.34
Xref: solutions.advantagedatabase.com Advantage.Networking:436
Article PK: 1131863

Hi there,

I have a clipper application compiled with Blinker 6 and running under a
terminal services (w2k sp4) with
ADS 6.0 NT w/ IPX (each session is running with Tame 4.31) and once in a
while I get the DBFCDXAX/6313 (DOS Error 6611) messages. Just restarting the
application or in some cases ADS itself solves the problem, I already
checked the network connection, nic cards cables and everything is fine..
Does somebody have any other suggestion?

Thanks a lot!
Marcelo Ramos


Joachim Duerr (ADS Support) Posted on 2003-11-28 09:03:59.0Z
From: "Joachim Duerr (ADS Support)" <jojo.duerr@gmx.de>
Subject: Re: 6611 / 6313 ADS errors
Newsgroups: Advantage.Networking
References: <3fc665cd@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
Organization: Extended Systems GmbH
User-Agent: XanaNews/1.15.8.2
X-Face: ,QMv7[luB)BpWAQ~:"kw6n%0ieY63.:g2K3n~8ky0;||5Xle*Xq+=~<Fy:0CVC2nx@8~vZ
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
NNTP-Posting-Host: 195.2.185.25
Message-ID: <3fc70f7f@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
Date: 28 Nov 2003 02:03:59 -0700
X-Trace: 28 Nov 2003 02:03:59 -0700, 195.2.185.25
Lines: 19
Path: solutions.advantagedatabase.com!solutions.advantagedatabase.com!195.2.185.25
Xref: solutions.advantagedatabase.com Advantage.Networking:437
Article PK: 1131867


Marcelo Ramos wrote in <3fc665cd@solutions.advantagedatabase.com> :

> I have a clipper application compiled with Blinker 6 and running
> under a terminal services (w2k sp4) with
> ADS 6.0 NT w/ IPX (each session is running with Tame 4.31) and once
> in a while I get the DBFCDXAX/6313 (DOS Error 6611) messages. Just
> restarting the application or in some cases ADS itself solves the
> problem, I already checked the network connection, nic cards cables
> and everything is fine.. Does somebody have any other suggestion?

An installation of the Novell Netware Client 4.83 with service pack 2
should resolve this issue.

--
Joachim Duerr
EMEA Lead ADS Support, Extended Systems GmbH, Germany
advantage[AT]extendsys.de
- posted with Xananews 1.15.8.2 -
!!! ADS 7 now available !!!


Marcelo Ramos Posted on 2003-12-04 14:35:08.0Z
From: "Marcelo Ramos" <mramos@caisoftdesign.ca>
Newsgroups: Advantage.Networking
References: <3fc665cd@solutions.advantagedatabase.com> <3fc70f7f@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
Subject: Re: 6611 / 6313 ADS errors
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 09:35:08 -0500
Lines: 30
Organization: CAISoftdesign
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1158
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1165
NNTP-Posting-Host: 216.13.46.34
Message-ID: <3fcf4470@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
X-Trace: 4 Dec 2003 07:28:00 -0700, 216.13.46.34
Path: solutions.advantagedatabase.com!solutions.advantagedatabase.com!216.13.46.34
Xref: solutions.advantagedatabase.com Advantage.Networking:445
Article PK: 1131869

Hi Joachim,

First of all, thanks for the response.
I tried that and it didn't work. Is there something else?

Thanks

"Joachim Duerr (ADS Support)" <jojo.duerr@gmx.de> wrote in message
news:3fc70f7f@solutions.advantagedatabase.com...
> Marcelo Ramos wrote in <3fc665cd@solutions.advantagedatabase.com> :
>
> > I have a clipper application compiled with Blinker 6 and running
> > under a terminal services (w2k sp4) with
> > ADS 6.0 NT w/ IPX (each session is running with Tame 4.31) and once
> > in a while I get the DBFCDXAX/6313 (DOS Error 6611) messages. Just
> > restarting the application or in some cases ADS itself solves the
> > problem, I already checked the network connection, nic cards cables
> > and everything is fine.. Does somebody have any other suggestion?
>
> An installation of the Novell Netware Client 4.83 with service pack 2
> should resolve this issue.
>
> --
> Joachim Duerr
> EMEA Lead ADS Support, Extended Systems GmbH, Germany
> advantage[AT]extendsys.de
> - posted with Xananews 1.15.8.2 -
> !!! ADS 7 now available !!!


Joachim Duerr (ADS Support) Posted on 2003-12-04 15:21:48.0Z
From: "Joachim Duerr (ADS Support)" <jojo.duerr@gmx.de>
Subject: Re: 6611 / 6313 ADS errors
Newsgroups: Advantage.Networking
References: <3fc665cd@solutions.advantagedatabase.com> <3fc70f7f@solutions.advantagedatabase.com> <3fcf4470@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
Organization: Extended Systems GmbH
User-Agent: XanaNews/1.15.8.2
X-Face: ,QMv7[luB)BpWAQ~:"kw6n%0ieY63.:g2K3n~8ky0;||5Xle*Xq+=~<Fy:0CVC2nx@8~vZ
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
NNTP-Posting-Host: 195.2.185.25
Message-ID: <3fcf510c@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
Date: 4 Dec 2003 08:21:48 -0700
X-Trace: 4 Dec 2003 08:21:48 -0700, 195.2.185.25
Lines: 20
Path: solutions.advantagedatabase.com!solutions.advantagedatabase.com!195.2.185.25
Xref: solutions.advantagedatabase.com Advantage.Networking:446
Article PK: 1131871


Marcelo Ramos wrote in <3fcf4470@solutions.advantagedatabase.com> :

> First of all, thanks for the response.
> I tried that and it didn't work. Is there something else?

I saw that you use ADS 6.0. Maybe the latest built of ADS 6.2 could
help. But I'm not sure. I'm not a clipper expert, but we solved some
6611 in Clip4Win apps with ADS 6.2 and updated (16Bit) DLLs.

You could also check your DLL versions if they are the same than
included in this fix:
<http://jupiter.extendsys.de/privateads/fixes/ecbfix.zip>


--
Joachim Duerr
EMEA Lead ADS Support, Extended Systems GmbH, Germany
advantage[AT]extendsys.de
- posted with Xananews 1.15.8.2 -
!!! ADS 7 now available !!!