Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

Manage Anyweher with Apache SSL

4 posts in General Discussion Last posting was on 2003-12-24 18:46:38.0Z
ManojM Posted on 2003-12-18 05:24:29.0Z
Sender: 4b92.3fe13bbc.1804289383@sybase.com
From: ManojM
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.general
Subject: Manage Anyweher with Apache SSL
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1s
Message-ID: <3fe13bd1.4b93.846930886@sybase.com>
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.42
X-Original-Trace: 17 Dec 2003 21:32:03 -0800, 10.22.241.42
Lines: 16
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-2-dub.sybase.com
X-Original-Trace: 17 Dec 2003 21:11:59 -0800, forums-2-dub.sybase.com
NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
Date: 17 Dec 2003 21:24:29 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1071725069 10.22.108.75 (17 Dec 2003 21:24:29 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 17 Dec 2003 21:24:29 -0800, forums-master.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: ngsysop
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.general:2211
Article PK: 4418

Hi
I have been trying to configure Manage Anywhere to run with
Apache SSL. When I try to send a package using Manage
Anywhere console, the PC agent shows the message "Found 1
package" but it is not able to download the package. There
is no error either. Can anybody tell me if I am doing
something wrong here. I am using:
Apache : 2.0.48 with Openssl
Sun One ASP 4.0
Manage Anywhere 5.1.1.432.0
Windows 2000 sp4.

Please let me know is some other information is required.

Thanks
Manoj


Raymond Kwong Posted on 2003-12-18 16:19:45.0Z
From: "Raymond Kwong" <raymond.kwong@sybase.com>
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.general
References: <3fe13bd1.4b93.846930886@sybase.com>
Subject: Re: Manage Anyweher with Apache SSL
Lines: 35
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1158
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1165
NNTP-Posting-Host: rkwong-pc.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: rkwong-pc.sybase.com
Message-ID: <3fe1d3a1$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 18 Dec 2003 08:19:45 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1071764385 172.31.142.247 (18 Dec 2003 08:19:45 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 18 Dec 2003 08:19:45 -0800, rkwong-pc.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: techsupp
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.general:2214
Article PK: 4421

Anyone running SSL is expected to configure the agent (in the build agent
installer step, PC agent settings, HTTP server tab) to have the "Connect
using the Secure Socket Layer" option checked. Can you confirm that you have
done so? If not, please modify your agent options either by:

new agent installs -- rerun the build agent installer to specify this
option, then go to the download centre to download the new setup.exe

existing agent installs -- create a package with the Agent configuration
command to specify the new settings, then a unload agent (restart) command.
COPY it to the Inwork folder inside where you install the Manage Anywhere PC
agent.

Raymond Kwong
iAnywhere Solutions

<ManojM> wrote in message news:3fe13bd1.4b93.846930886@sybase.com...
> Hi
> I have been trying to configure Manage Anywhere to run with
> Apache SSL. When I try to send a package using Manage
> Anywhere console, the PC agent shows the message "Found 1
> package" but it is not able to download the package. There
> is no error either. Can anybody tell me if I am doing
> something wrong here. I am using:
> Apache : 2.0.48 with Openssl
> Sun One ASP 4.0
> Manage Anywhere 5.1.1.432.0
> Windows 2000 sp4.
>
> Please let me know is some other information is required.
>
> Thanks
> Manoj


ManojM Posted on 2003-12-19 05:24:24.0Z
Sender: 5ad7.3fe282b4.1804289383@sybase.com
From: ManojM
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.general
Subject: Re: Manage Anywhere with Apache SSL | For Raymond
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1s
Message-ID: <3fe28d53.5b11.846930886@sybase.com>
References: <3fe13bd1.4b93.846930886@sybase.com><3fe1d3a1$1@forums-1-dub>
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.42
X-Original-Trace: 18 Dec 2003 21:32:03 -0800, 10.22.241.42
Lines: 61
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-2-dub.sybase.com
X-Original-Trace: 18 Dec 2003 21:11:50 -0800, forums-2-dub.sybase.com
NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
Date: 18 Dec 2003 21:24:24 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1071811464 10.22.108.75 (18 Dec 2003 21:24:24 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 18 Dec 2003 21:24:24 -0800, forums-master.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: ngsysop
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.general:2215
Article PK: 4422

Those settings have been done while configuring the agent
installer. I tried doing the complete setup again. I did
UnInstall agent for the existing system (non ssl Apache).
Then I configured Apache SSL, changed the configuration
setting of the Primary Command Server and restarted it. The
"Test Server" option of the Primary Command Server
configuration says that its successfully able to connect to
HTTP server (which is Apache SSL running on port 443). I
created and new agent installer and checked the
configuration for SSL. I copied it on another PC and
exeucted setup.exe. The setup hangs while downloading agent.
It says "Unable to connect to the server". When I do "Test
Server" on the agent installer, it is not able to connect to
server. But from the same machine, I am able to open the
index.jsp of the Apache SSL server on port 443.

Have someone used Apache SSL for Manage Anywhere earlier?

Any help is welcome.

Thanks
Manoj

> Anyone running SSL is expected to configure the agent (in
> the build agent installer step, PC agent settings, HTTP
> server tab) to have the "Connect using the Secure Socket
> Layer" option checked. Can you confirm that you have done
> so? If not, please modify your agent options either by:
>
> new agent installs -- rerun the build agent installer to
> specify this option, then go to the download centre to
> download the new setup.exe
>
> existing agent installs -- create a package with the Agent
> configuration command to specify the new settings, then a
> unload agent (restart) command. COPY it to the Inwork
> folder inside where you install the Manage Anywhere PC
> agent.
>
> Raymond Kwong
> iAnywhere Solutions
>
> <ManojM> wrote in message
> > news:3fe13bd1.4b93.846930886@sybase.com... Hi
> > I have been trying to configure Manage Anywhere to run
> > with Apache SSL. When I try to send a package using
> > Manage Anywhere console, the PC agent shows the message
> > "Found 1 package" but it is not able to download the
> > package. There is no error either. Can anybody tell me
> > if I am doing something wrong here. I am using:
> > Apache : 2.0.48 with Openssl
> > Sun One ASP 4.0
> > Manage Anywhere 5.1.1.432.0
> > Windows 2000 sp4.
> >
> > Please let me know is some other information is
> required. >
> > Thanks
> > Manoj
>
>


Raymond Kwong Posted on 2003-12-24 18:46:38.0Z
From: "Raymond Kwong" <raymond.kwong@sybase.com>
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.general
References: <3fe13bd1.4b93.846930886@sybase.com><3fe1d3a1$1@forums-1-dub> <3fe28d53.5b11.846930886@sybase.com>
Subject: Re: Manage Anywhere with Apache SSL | For Raymond
Lines: 67
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1158
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1165
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: rkwong-pc.sybase.com
Message-ID: <3fe9e0eb$1@forums-2-dub>
X-Original-Trace: 24 Dec 2003 10:54:35 -0800, rkwong-pc.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-2-dub.sybase.com
X-Original-Trace: 24 Dec 2003 10:33:29 -0800, forums-2-dub.sybase.com
NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
Date: 24 Dec 2003 10:46:38 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1072291598 10.22.108.75 (24 Dec 2003 10:46:38 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 24 Dec 2003 10:46:38 -0800, forums-master.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: ngsysop
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.general:2224
Article PK: 4434

It's supposed to be supported, but I haven't heard of that set up before.

I suggest you open a tech support case by calling 1-800-8-SYBASE?

<ManojM> wrote in message news:3fe28d53.5b11.846930886@sybase.com...
> Those settings have been done while configuring the agent
> installer. I tried doing the complete setup again. I did
> UnInstall agent for the existing system (non ssl Apache).
> Then I configured Apache SSL, changed the configuration
> setting of the Primary Command Server and restarted it. The
> "Test Server" option of the Primary Command Server
> configuration says that its successfully able to connect to
> HTTP server (which is Apache SSL running on port 443). I
> created and new agent installer and checked the
> configuration for SSL. I copied it on another PC and
> exeucted setup.exe. The setup hangs while downloading agent.
> It says "Unable to connect to the server". When I do "Test
> Server" on the agent installer, it is not able to connect to
> server. But from the same machine, I am able to open the
> index.jsp of the Apache SSL server on port 443.
>
> Have someone used Apache SSL for Manage Anywhere earlier?
>
> Any help is welcome.
>
> Thanks
> Manoj
>
> > Anyone running SSL is expected to configure the agent (in
> > the build agent installer step, PC agent settings, HTTP
> > server tab) to have the "Connect using the Secure Socket
> > Layer" option checked. Can you confirm that you have done
> > so? If not, please modify your agent options either by:
> >
> > new agent installs -- rerun the build agent installer to
> > specify this option, then go to the download centre to
> > download the new setup.exe
> >
> > existing agent installs -- create a package with the Agent
> > configuration command to specify the new settings, then a
> > unload agent (restart) command. COPY it to the Inwork
> > folder inside where you install the Manage Anywhere PC
> > agent.
> >
> > Raymond Kwong
> > iAnywhere Solutions
> >
> > <ManojM> wrote in message
> > > news:3fe13bd1.4b93.846930886@sybase.com... Hi
> > > I have been trying to configure Manage Anywhere to run
> > > with Apache SSL. When I try to send a package using
> > > Manage Anywhere console, the PC agent shows the message
> > > "Found 1 package" but it is not able to download the
> > > package. There is no error either. Can anybody tell me
> > > if I am doing something wrong here. I am using:
> > > Apache : 2.0.48 with Openssl
> > > Sun One ASP 4.0
> > > Manage Anywhere 5.1.1.432.0
> > > Windows 2000 sp4.
> > >
> > > Please let me know is some other information is
> > required. >
> > > Thanks
> > > Manoj
> >
> >