Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

Powerbuilder 9

4 posts in Appeon (partner product) Last posting was on 2004-05-06 20:59:00.0Z
Andreas Andreou Posted on 2004-01-07 14:49:24.0Z
From: "Andreas Andreou" <andreas.andreou@uk.mci.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.appeon
Subject: Powerbuilder 9
Lines: 5
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 5.50.4522.1200
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.50.4522.1200
NNTP-Posting-Host: pat.emea.mci.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: pat.emea.mci.com
Message-ID: <3ffc1c74$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 7 Jan 2004 06:49:24 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1073486964 194.203.215.254 (7 Jan 2004 06:49:24 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 7 Jan 2004 06:49:24 -0800, pat.emea.mci.com
X-Authenticated-User: appeon
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.appeon:27
Article PK: 12346

Hi Guys,

Do we know anymore, as to the latest when PB9 will be covered for Appeon ?


Rex Geissler Posted on 2004-01-07 15:03:39.0Z
From: "Rex Geissler" <Rex.Geissler@sybase.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.appeon
References: <3ffc1c74$1@forums-1-dub>
Subject: Re: Powerbuilder 9
Lines: 27
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1106
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1106
NNTP-Posting-Host: vpn-concord-101.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vpn-concord-101.sybase.com
Message-ID: <3ffc1fcb$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 7 Jan 2004 07:03:39 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1073487819 158.159.8.101 (7 Jan 2004 07:03:39 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 7 Jan 2004 07:03:39 -0800, vpn-concord-101.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: appeon
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.appeon:28
Article PK: 12347

Hi Andreas,

PB9 plans to be fully supported just like PB 8.0.4 today with the next
release, Appeon 2.7.1. If customers have already migrated to PB 9, they can
go back to PB 8.0.4 if they like for faster web application support. The
primary key is removing the six or so new PB 9 DataWindow properties in
those DataWindow objects that have been actually modified/saved in the PB 9
IDE, which is the process that adds the new properties. The way to do this
is to Edit Source the DataWindow objects that do not regenerate to PB 8.0.4,
then Save the DataWindow Object, which gives the approximate row and column
that has the error (XML lines at the bottom of the source will be off due to
the length and number of lines of the SQL statement), then Save the object
again which will finish the conversion of it back to PB 8.0.4. Then go
through the typical Appeon deployment process.

Regards, Rex

"Andreas Andreou" <andreas.andreou@uk.mci.com> wrote in message
news:3ffc1c74$1@forums-1-dub...
> Hi Guys,
>
> Do we know anymore, as to the latest when PB9 will be covered for Appeon ?
>
>


Andreas Andreou Posted on 2004-01-07 15:46:48.0Z
From: "Andreas Andreou" <andreas.andreou@uk.mci.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.appeon
References: <3ffc1c74$1@forums-1-dub> <3ffc1fcb$1@forums-1-dub>
Subject: Re: Powerbuilder 9
Lines: 48
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 5.50.4522.1200
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.50.4522.1200
NNTP-Posting-Host: pat.emea.mci.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: pat.emea.mci.com
Message-ID: <3ffc29e8@forums-1-dub>
Date: 7 Jan 2004 07:46:48 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1073490408 194.203.215.254 (7 Jan 2004 07:46:48 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 7 Jan 2004 07:46:48 -0800, pat.emea.mci.com
X-Authenticated-User: appeon
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.appeon:29
Article PK: 20540

Hi Rex,

Thanks for the quick reply.
We are concentrating on converting an existing Intranet tool to Appeon, and
have moved from PB7 to PB9. We therefore would prefer to wait for Appeon on
PB9 so that we can start the application from scratch. The PB side of the
app has been completed.

Thanks
Andreas

"Rex Geissler" <Rex.Geissler@sybase.com> wrote in message
news:3ffc1fcb$1@forums-1-dub...
> Hi Andreas,
>
> PB9 plans to be fully supported just like PB 8.0.4 today with the next
> release, Appeon 2.7.1. If customers have already migrated to PB 9, they
can
> go back to PB 8.0.4 if they like for faster web application support. The
> primary key is removing the six or so new PB 9 DataWindow properties in
> those DataWindow objects that have been actually modified/saved in the PB
9
> IDE, which is the process that adds the new properties. The way to do this
> is to Edit Source the DataWindow objects that do not regenerate to PB
8.0.4,
> then Save the DataWindow Object, which gives the approximate row and
column
> that has the error (XML lines at the bottom of the source will be off due
to
> the length and number of lines of the SQL statement), then Save the object
> again which will finish the conversion of it back to PB 8.0.4. Then go
> through the typical Appeon deployment process.
>
> Regards, Rex
>
>
> "Andreas Andreou" <andreas.andreou@uk.mci.com> wrote in message
> news:3ffc1c74$1@forums-1-dub...
> > Hi Guys,
> >
> > Do we know anymore, as to the latest when PB9 will be covered for Appeon
?
> >
> >
>
>


Rex Geissler Posted on 2004-05-06 20:59:00.0Z
From: "Rex Geissler" <Rex.Geissler@sybase.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.appeon
References: <3ffc1c74$1@forums-1-dub> <3ffc1fcb$1@forums-1-dub> <3ffc29e8@forums-1-dub>
Subject: Re: Powerbuilder 9
Lines: 69
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1106
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1106
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vpn-dub-119.sybase.com
Message-ID: <409aa712$1@forums-2-dub>
X-Original-Trace: 6 May 2004 13:58:58 -0700, vpn-dub-119.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-2-dub.sybase.com
X-Original-Trace: 6 May 2004 13:58:59 -0700, forums-2-dub.sybase.com
NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
Date: 6 May 2004 13:59:00 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1083877140 10.22.108.75 (6 May 2004 13:59:00 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 6 May 2004 13:59:00 -0700, forums-master.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: ngsysop
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.appeon:231
Article PK: 20645

The Appeon 2.7 certification tests were done with PowerBuilder 9.0.1 Build
7161. The installation, configuration, FTP site, and details are located in
the enhanced Appeon 2.7 Release Bulletin at
http://download.sybase.com/pdfdocs/apnr0270e/appeon_release_bulletin.pdf or
on the Appeon Documentation at
http://sybooks.sybase.com/onlinebooks/group-apn/apnp0270e

Regards, Rex

"Andreas Andreou" <andreas.andreou@uk.mci.com> wrote in message
news:3ffc29e8@forums-1-dub...
> Hi Rex,
>
> Thanks for the quick reply.
> We are concentrating on converting an existing Intranet tool to Appeon,
and
> have moved from PB7 to PB9. We therefore would prefer to wait for Appeon
on
> PB9 so that we can start the application from scratch. The PB side of the
> app has been completed.
>
> Thanks
> Andreas
>
> "Rex Geissler" <Rex.Geissler@sybase.com> wrote in message
> news:3ffc1fcb$1@forums-1-dub...
> > Hi Andreas,
> >
> > PB9 plans to be fully supported just like PB 8.0.4 today with the next
> > release, Appeon 2.7.1. If customers have already migrated to PB 9, they
> can
> > go back to PB 8.0.4 if they like for faster web application support. The
> > primary key is removing the six or so new PB 9 DataWindow properties in
> > those DataWindow objects that have been actually modified/saved in the
PB
> 9
> > IDE, which is the process that adds the new properties. The way to do
this
> > is to Edit Source the DataWindow objects that do not regenerate to PB
> 8.0.4,
> > then Save the DataWindow Object, which gives the approximate row and
> column
> > that has the error (XML lines at the bottom of the source will be off
due
> to
> > the length and number of lines of the SQL statement), then Save the
object
> > again which will finish the conversion of it back to PB 8.0.4. Then go
> > through the typical Appeon deployment process.
> >
> > Regards, Rex
> >
> >
> > "Andreas Andreou" <andreas.andreou@uk.mci.com> wrote in message
> > news:3ffc1c74$1@forums-1-dub...
> > > Hi Guys,
> > >
> > > Do we know anymore, as to the latest when PB9 will be covered for
Appeon
> ?
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>