Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

ASA9 and dblic

4 posts in General Discussion Last posting was on 2004-02-23 15:04:54.0Z
MJN Posted on 2004-02-23 13:04:57.0Z
From: "MJN" <chuck1rar@mbi.nifty.com>
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.general
Subject: ASA9 and dblic
Lines: 6
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1158
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1165
NNTP-Posting-Host: zaq3d73aa22.zaq.ne.jp
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: zaq3d73aa22.zaq.ne.jp
Message-ID: <4039fa79@forums-1-dub>
Date: 23 Feb 2004 05:04:57 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1077541497 61.115.170.34 (23 Feb 2004 05:04:57 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 23 Feb 2004 05:04:57 -0800, zaq3d73aa22.zaq.ne.jp
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.general:2584
Article PK: 5724

In version 9.0 (developer) u could run dblic but in version 9.01 it seems to
be disabled. Keep getting an error that can't open ddbsrv9.exe?
Is this the intended behaviour?
Thanks


Breck Carter [TeamSybase] Posted on 2004-02-23 13:45:35.0Z
From: "Breck Carter [TeamSybase]" <NOSPAM__bcarter@risingroad.com>
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.general
Subject: Re: ASA9 and dblic
Organization: RisingRoad Professional Services
Reply-To: NOSPAM__bcarter@risingroad.com
Message-ID: <ls0k30h9en0pmlupmriljpp0jiamsia12j@4ax.com>
References: <4039fa79@forums-1-dub>
X-Newsreader: Forte Agent 1.8/32.548
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: bcarter.sentex.ca
X-Original-Trace: 23 Feb 2004 05:45:44 -0800, bcarter.sentex.ca
Lines: 16
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-2-dub.sybase.com
X-Original-Trace: 23 Feb 2004 05:45:10 -0800, forums-2-dub.sybase.com
NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
Date: 23 Feb 2004 05:45:35 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1077543935 10.22.108.75 (23 Feb 2004 05:45:35 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 23 Feb 2004 05:45:35 -0800, forums-master.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: ngsysop
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.general:2586
Article PK: 5723

The file name is dbsrv9.exe, not ddbsrv9.exe

On 23 Feb 2004 05:04:57 -0800, "MJN" <chuck1rar@mbi.nifty.com> wrote:

>In version 9.0 (developer) u could run dblic but in version 9.01 it seems to
>be disabled. Keep getting an error that can't open ddbsrv9.exe?
>Is this the intended behaviour?
>Thanks
>

--
SQL Anywhere Studio 9 Developer's Guide
Buy the book: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1556225067/risingroad-20
bcarter@risingroad.com
Mobile and Distributed Enterprise Database Applications
www.risingroad.com


MJN Posted on 2004-02-23 14:19:02.0Z
From: "MJN" <chuck1rar@mbi.nifty.com>
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.general
References: <4039fa79@forums-1-dub> <ls0k30h9en0pmlupmriljpp0jiamsia12j@4ax.com>
Subject: Re: ASA9 and dblic
Lines: 25
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1158
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1165
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: zaq3d73aa22.zaq.ne.jp
Message-ID: <403a0be2@forums-2-dub>
X-Original-Trace: 23 Feb 2004 06:19:14 -0800, zaq3d73aa22.zaq.ne.jp
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-2-dub.sybase.com
X-Original-Trace: 23 Feb 2004 06:18:39 -0800, forums-2-dub.sybase.com
NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
Date: 23 Feb 2004 06:19:02 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1077545942 10.22.108.75 (23 Feb 2004 06:19:02 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 23 Feb 2004 06:19:02 -0800, forums-master.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: ngsysop
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.general:2588
Article PK: 5726

It was just a typo Breck.
But I assume from ur response that this functionality is still there.

"Breck Carter [TeamSybase]" <NOSPAM__bcarter@risingroad.com> wrote in
message news:ls0k30h9en0pmlupmriljpp0jiamsia12j@4ax.com...
> The file name is dbsrv9.exe, not ddbsrv9.exe
>
> On 23 Feb 2004 05:04:57 -0800, "MJN" <chuck1rar@mbi.nifty.com> wrote:
>
> >In version 9.0 (developer) u could run dblic but in version 9.01 it seems
to
> >be disabled. Keep getting an error that can't open ddbsrv9.exe?
> >Is this the intended behaviour?
> >Thanks
> >
>
> --
> SQL Anywhere Studio 9 Developer's Guide
> Buy the book:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1556225067/risingroad-20
> bcarter@risingroad.com
> Mobile and Distributed Enterprise Database Applications
> www.risingroad.com


Chris Keating (iAnywhere Solutions) Posted on 2004-02-23 15:04:54.0Z
From: "Chris Keating \(iAnywhere Solutions\)" <FightSpam_keating@iAnywhere.com>
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.general
References: <4039fa79@forums-1-dub> <ls0k30h9en0pmlupmriljpp0jiamsia12j@4ax.com> <403a0be2@forums-2-dub>
Subject: Re: ASA9 and dblic
Lines: 60
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1158
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1165
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: keating-xp.sybase.com
Message-ID: <403a169d@forums-2-dub>
X-Original-Trace: 23 Feb 2004 07:05:01 -0800, keating-xp.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-2-dub.sybase.com
X-Original-Trace: 23 Feb 2004 07:04:30 -0800, forums-2-dub.sybase.com
NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
Date: 23 Feb 2004 07:04:54 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1077548694 10.22.108.75 (23 Feb 2004 07:04:54 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 23 Feb 2004 07:04:54 -0800, forums-master.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: ngsysop
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.general:2589
Article PK: 5727

I responded to your crosspost to sybase.public.sqlanywhere.general. Please
refrain from crossposting.

--

Chris Keating
Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere Professional Version 8

****************************************************************************
*
Sign up today for your copy of the SQL Anywhere Studio 9 Developer Edition
and try out the market-leading database for mobile, embedded and small to
medium sized business environments for free!

http://www.ianywhere.com/promos/deved/index.html

****************************************************************************
*

iAnywhere Solutions http://www.iAnywhere.com

** Please only post to the newsgroup

** Whitepapers can be found at http://www.iAnywhere.com/developer
** EBFs can be found at http://downloads.sybase.com/swx/sdmain.stm
** Use CaseXpress to report bugs http://casexpress.sybase.com

****************************************************************************
*

"MJN" <chuck1rar@mbi.nifty.com> wrote in message
news:403a0be2@forums-2-dub...
> It was just a typo Breck.
> But I assume from ur response that this functionality is still there.
>
> "Breck Carter [TeamSybase]" <NOSPAM__bcarter@risingroad.com> wrote in
> message news:ls0k30h9en0pmlupmriljpp0jiamsia12j@4ax.com...
> > The file name is dbsrv9.exe, not ddbsrv9.exe
> >
> > On 23 Feb 2004 05:04:57 -0800, "MJN" <chuck1rar@mbi.nifty.com> wrote:
> >
> > >In version 9.0 (developer) u could run dblic but in version 9.01 it
seems
> to
> > >be disabled. Keep getting an error that can't open ddbsrv9.exe?
> > >Is this the intended behaviour?
> > >Thanks
> > >
> >
> > --
> > SQL Anywhere Studio 9 Developer's Guide
> > Buy the book:
> http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1556225067/risingroad-20
> > bcarter@risingroad.com
> > Mobile and Distributed Enterprise Database Applications
> > www.risingroad.com
>
>