Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

ASA - Desktop Runtime Engine

3 posts in General Discussion Last posting was on 2004-04-15 08:51:54.0Z
Gzim Posted on 2004-04-14 17:46:06.0Z
From: "Gzim" <the_matrix_3005@gmx.net>
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.general
Subject: ASA - Desktop Runtime Engine
Lines: 14
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1158
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1165
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: zux006-057-206.adsl.green.ch
Message-ID: <407d6acb@forums-2-dub>
X-Original-Trace: 14 Apr 2004 09:46:03 -0800, zux006-057-206.adsl.green.ch
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-2-dub.sybase.com
X-Original-Trace: 14 Apr 2004 09:46:04 -0800, forums-2-dub.sybase.com
NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
Date: 14 Apr 2004 09:46:06 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1081961166 10.22.108.75 (14 Apr 2004 09:46:06 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 14 Apr 2004 09:46:06 -0800, forums-master.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: ngsysop
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.general:2959
Article PK: 6427

Hi,

I know that is available "Desktop Runtime Engine" for ASA 5/7/8. But I can't
find a Desktop Runtime Engine for ASA 9. Do someone know, if is available a
"D R E" for ASA 9?

Farther I would like to know s.m.th. about the license of "Desktop Runtime
Engine" (i.e: Is it free just for developing app?)

TIA,

Gzim


Chris Keating (iAnywhere Solutions) Posted on 2004-04-14 18:01:20.0Z
From: "Chris Keating \(iAnywhere Solutions\)" <FightSpam_keating@iAnywhere.com>
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.general
References: <407d6acb@forums-2-dub>
Subject: Re: ASA - Desktop Runtime Engine
Lines: 50
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1409
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1409
NNTP-Posting-Host: keating-xp.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: keating-xp.sybase.com
Message-ID: <407d6e60$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 14 Apr 2004 10:01:20 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1081962080 10.25.100.248 (14 Apr 2004 10:01:20 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 14 Apr 2004 10:01:20 -0800, keating-xp.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: techsupp
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.general:2960
Article PK: 6426

It is available. Contact your sales representative for details. You cannot
develop with the runtime edition as it does not allow for DDL.

--

Chris Keating
Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere Professional Version 8

****************************************************************************
*
Sign up today for your copy of the SQL Anywhere Studio 9 Developer Edition
and try out the market-leading database for mobile, embedded and small to
medium sized business environments for free!

http://www.ianywhere.com/promos/deved/index.html

****************************************************************************
*

iAnywhere Solutions http://www.iAnywhere.com

** Please only post to the newsgroup

** Whitepapers can be found at http://www.iAnywhere.com/developer
** EBFs can be found at http://downloads.sybase.com/swx/sdmain.stm
** Use CaseXpress to report bugs http://casexpress.sybase.com

****************************************************************************
*

"Gzim" <the_matrix_3005@gmx.net> wrote in message
news:407d6acb@forums-2-dub...
> Hi,
>
> I know that is available "Desktop Runtime Engine" for ASA 5/7/8. But I
can't
> find a Desktop Runtime Engine for ASA 9. Do someone know, if is available
a
> "D R E" for ASA 9?
>
> Farther I would like to know s.m.th. about the license of "Desktop Runtime
> Engine" (i.e: Is it free just for developing app?)
>
> TIA,
>
> Gzim
>
>


Gzim Posted on 2004-04-15 08:51:54.0Z
From: "Gzim" <the_matrix_3005@gmx.net>
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.general
References: <407d6acb@forums-2-dub> <407d6e60$1@forums-1-dub>
Subject: Re: ASA - Desktop Runtime Engine
Lines: 66
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1158
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1165
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: zux006-057-206.adsl.green.ch
Message-ID: <407e3f16$1@forums-2-dub>
X-Original-Trace: 15 Apr 2004 00:51:50 -0800, zux006-057-206.adsl.green.ch
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-2-dub.sybase.com
X-Original-Trace: 15 Apr 2004 00:51:51 -0800, forums-2-dub.sybase.com
NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
Date: 15 Apr 2004 00:51:54 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1082015514 10.22.108.75 (15 Apr 2004 00:51:54 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 15 Apr 2004 00:51:54 -0800, forums-master.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: ngsysop
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.general:2963
Article PK: 6431

Thx for your answer.
>You cannot develop with the runtime edition as it does not allow for DDL.
For our customer we need just DML&DCL.

Gzim


"Chris Keating (iAnywhere Solutions)" <FightSpam_keating@iAnywhere.com>
schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:407d6e60$1@forums-1-dub...

> It is available. Contact your sales representative for details. You cannot
> develop with the runtime edition as it does not allow for DDL.
>
> --
>
> Chris Keating
> Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere Professional Version 8
>
>
****************************************************************************
> *
> Sign up today for your copy of the SQL Anywhere Studio 9 Developer Edition
> and try out the market-leading database for mobile, embedded and small to
> medium sized business environments for free!
>
> http://www.ianywhere.com/promos/deved/index.html
>
>
****************************************************************************
> *
>
> iAnywhere Solutions http://www.iAnywhere.com
>
> ** Please only post to the newsgroup
>
> ** Whitepapers can be found at http://www.iAnywhere.com/developer
> ** EBFs can be found at http://downloads.sybase.com/swx/sdmain.stm
> ** Use CaseXpress to report bugs http://casexpress.sybase.com
>
>
****************************************************************************
> *
>
> "Gzim" <the_matrix_3005@gmx.net> wrote in message
> news:407d6acb@forums-2-dub...
> > Hi,
> >
> > I know that is available "Desktop Runtime Engine" for ASA 5/7/8. But I
> can't
> > find a Desktop Runtime Engine for ASA 9. Do someone know, if is
available
> a
> > "D R E" for ASA 9?
> >
> > Farther I would like to know s.m.th. about the license of "Desktop
Runtime
> > Engine" (i.e: Is it free just for developing app?)
> >
> > TIA,
> >
> > Gzim
> >
> >
>
>