Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

the ODBC Translator , how to use?

7 posts in General Discussion Last posting was on 2004-04-22 14:28:12.0Z
Matani Posted on 2004-04-21 12:07:00.0Z
Reply-To: "Matani" <S.Matani@ads-tec.de>
From: "Matani" <saleh@matani.net>
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.general
Subject: the ODBC Translator , how to use?
Lines: 10
Organization: *
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1409
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1409
NNTP-Posting-Host: gabriel.le1.ads-tec.de
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: gabriel.le1.ads-tec.de
Message-ID: <408663e4$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 21 Apr 2004 05:07:00 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1082549220 62.153.239.43 (21 Apr 2004 05:07:00 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 21 Apr 2004 05:07:00 -0700, gabriel.le1.ads-tec.de
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.general:2981
Article PK: 6448

i have a problem getting the result of Query in German format like date
(22.08.2003) or Double as (55,3)
is there any why to get Date inEnglish format ?


thanks

Matani


Robert Waywell Posted on 2004-04-21 14:41:16.0Z
From: "Robert Waywell" <nospam_rwaywell@ianywhere.com>
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.general
References: <408663e4$1@forums-1-dub>
Subject: Re: the ODBC Translator , how to use?
Lines: 39
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2600.0000
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2600.0000
NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.25.100.155
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.25.100.155
Message-ID: <4086880c$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 21 Apr 2004 07:41:16 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1082558476 10.25.100.155 (21 Apr 2004 07:41:16 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 21 Apr 2004 07:41:16 -0700, 10.25.100.155
X-Authenticated-User: techsupp
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.general:2986
Article PK: 6451

What version of ASA?
What is the Date_Order option set to for this connection?

--
-----------------------------------------------
Robert Waywell
Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere Developer - Version 8
Sybase Certified Professional

Sybase's iAnywhere Solutions

Please respond ONLY to newsgroup

EBF's and Patches: http://downloads.sybase.com
choose SQL Anywhere Studio >> change 'time frame' to all

To Submit Bug Reports:
http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/cx.stm?starturl=casemessage.ssc?CASETYPE=B
ug

SQL Anywhere Studio Supported Platforms and Support Status
http://my.sybase.com/detail?id=1002288

Whitepapers, TechDocs, and bug fixes are all available through the iAnywhere
Developer Community at www.ianywhere.com/developer

"Matani" <saleh@matani.net> wrote in message news:408663e4$1@forums-1-dub...
> i have a problem getting the result of Query in German format like date
> (22.08.2003) or Double as (55,3)
> is there any why to get Date inEnglish format ?
>
>
> thanks
>
> Matani
>
>


Matani Posted on 2004-04-22 08:43:57.0Z
Reply-To: "Matani" <S.Matani@ads-tec.de>
From: "Matani" <saleh@matani.net>
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.general
References: <408663e4$1@forums-1-dub> <4086880c$1@forums-1-dub>
Subject: Re: the ODBC Translator , how to use?
Lines: 48
Organization: *
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1409
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1409
NNTP-Posting-Host: gabriel.le1.ads-tec.de
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: gabriel.le1.ads-tec.de
Message-ID: <408785cd$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 22 Apr 2004 01:43:57 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1082623437 62.153.239.43 (22 Apr 2004 01:43:57 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 22 Apr 2004 01:43:57 -0700, gabriel.le1.ads-tec.de
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.general:2993
Article PK: 6460

i am using the Sybase SQL Anywhere Version 7.0.0

"Robert Waywell" <nospam_rwaywell@ianywhere.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:4086880c$1@forums-1-dub...

> What version of ASA?
> What is the Date_Order option set to for this connection?
>
> --
> -----------------------------------------------
> Robert Waywell
> Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere Developer - Version 8
> Sybase Certified Professional
>
> Sybase's iAnywhere Solutions
>
> Please respond ONLY to newsgroup
>
> EBF's and Patches: http://downloads.sybase.com
> choose SQL Anywhere Studio >> change 'time frame' to all
>
> To Submit Bug Reports:
>
http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/cx.stm?starturl=casemessage.ssc?CASETYPE=B
> ug
>
> SQL Anywhere Studio Supported Platforms and Support Status
> http://my.sybase.com/detail?id=1002288
>
> Whitepapers, TechDocs, and bug fixes are all available through the
iAnywhere
> Developer Community at www.ianywhere.com/developer
>
> "Matani" <saleh@matani.net> wrote in message
news:408663e4$1@forums-1-dub...
> > i have a problem getting the result of Query in German format like date
> > (22.08.2003) or Double as (55,3)
> > is there any why to get Date inEnglish format ?
> >
> >
> > thanks
> >
> > Matani
> >
> >
>
>


Robert Waywell Posted on 2004-04-22 13:24:23.0Z
From: "Robert Waywell" <nospam_rwaywell@ianywhere.com>
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.general
References: <408663e4$1@forums-1-dub> <4086880c$1@forums-1-dub> <408785cd$1@forums-1-dub>
Subject: Re: the ODBC Translator , how to use?
Lines: 79
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2600.0000
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2600.0000
NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.25.100.155
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.25.100.155
Message-ID: <4087c787$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 22 Apr 2004 06:24:23 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1082640263 10.25.100.155 (22 Apr 2004 06:24:23 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 22 Apr 2004 06:24:23 -0700, 10.25.100.155
X-Authenticated-User: techsupp
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.general:2996
Article PK: 6462

> What is the Date_Order option set to for this connection?


--
-----------------------------------------------
Robert Waywell
Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere Developer - Version 8
Sybase Certified Professional

Sybase's iAnywhere Solutions

Please respond ONLY to newsgroup

EBF's and Patches: http://downloads.sybase.com
choose SQL Anywhere Studio >> change 'time frame' to all

To Submit Bug Reports:
http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/cx.stm?starturl=casemessage.ssc?CASETYPE=B
ug

SQL Anywhere Studio Supported Platforms and Support Status
http://my.sybase.com/detail?id=1002288

Whitepapers, TechDocs, and bug fixes are all available through the iAnywhere
Developer Community at www.ianywhere.com/developer

"Matani" <saleh@matani.net> wrote in message news:408785cd$1@forums-1-dub...
> i am using the Sybase SQL Anywhere Version 7.0.0
>
> "Robert Waywell" <nospam_rwaywell@ianywhere.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> news:4086880c$1@forums-1-dub...
> > What version of ASA?
> > What is the Date_Order option set to for this connection?
> >
> > --
> > -----------------------------------------------
> > Robert Waywell
> > Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere Developer - Version 8
> > Sybase Certified Professional
> >
> > Sybase's iAnywhere Solutions
> >
> > Please respond ONLY to newsgroup
> >
> > EBF's and Patches: http://downloads.sybase.com
> > choose SQL Anywhere Studio >> change 'time frame' to all
> >
> > To Submit Bug Reports:
> >
>
http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/cx.stm?starturl=casemessage.ssc?CASETYPE=B
> > ug
> >
> > SQL Anywhere Studio Supported Platforms and Support Status
> > http://my.sybase.com/detail?id=1002288
> >
> > Whitepapers, TechDocs, and bug fixes are all available through the
> iAnywhere
> > Developer Community at www.ianywhere.com/developer
> >
> > "Matani" <saleh@matani.net> wrote in message
> news:408663e4$1@forums-1-dub...
> > > i have a problem getting the result of Query in German format like
date
> > > (22.08.2003) or Double as (55,3)
> > > is there any why to get Date inEnglish format ?
> > >
> > >
> > > thanks
> > >
> > > Matani
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>


Greg Fenton Posted on 2004-04-21 13:48:55.0Z
From: Greg Fenton <greg.fenton_NOSPAM_@ianywhere.com>
Organization: iAnywhere Solutions Inc.
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.6) Gecko/20040113 MultiZilla/1.6.2.0c
X-Accept-Language: en-us, en
MIME-Version: 1.0
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.general
Subject: Re: the ODBC Translator , how to use?
References: <408663e4$1@forums-1-dub>
In-Reply-To: <408663e4$1@forums-1-dub>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
NNTP-Posting-Host: gfenton-xp.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: gfenton-xp.sybase.com
Message-ID: <40867bc7$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 21 Apr 2004 06:48:55 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1082555335 10.25.100.188 (21 Apr 2004 06:48:55 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 21 Apr 2004 06:48:55 -0700, gfenton-xp.sybase.com
Lines: 20
X-Authenticated-User: techsupp
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.general:2984
Article PK: 6455


Matani wrote:

> i have a problem getting the result of Query in German format like date
> (22.08.2003) or Double as (55,3)
> is there any why to get Date inEnglish format ?
>

What version and build number of ASA are you using? (e.g. for ASA 9.x
use the command "dbeng9 -v")

Can you show us a code sample of what you are trying to do?

greg.fenton
--
Greg Fenton
Consultant, Solution Services, iAnywhere Solutions
--------
Visit the iAnywhere Solutions Developer Community
Whitepapers, TechDocs, Downloads
http://www.ianywhere.com/developer/


Matani Posted on 2004-04-22 08:45:04.0Z
Reply-To: "Matani" <S.Matani@ads-tec.de>
From: "Matani" <saleh@matani.net>
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.general
References: <408663e4$1@forums-1-dub> <40867bc7$1@forums-1-dub>
Subject: Re: the ODBC Translator , how to use?
Lines: 26
Organization: *
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1409
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1409
NNTP-Posting-Host: gabriel.le1.ads-tec.de
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: gabriel.le1.ads-tec.de
Message-ID: <40878610$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 22 Apr 2004 01:45:04 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1082623504 62.153.239.43 (22 Apr 2004 01:45:04 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 22 Apr 2004 01:45:04 -0700, gabriel.le1.ads-tec.de
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.general:2994
Article PK: 6461

i am Using the Sybase SQL Anywhere 7.0.0

"Greg Fenton" <greg.fenton_NOSPAM_@ianywhere.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:40867bc7$1@forums-1-dub...

> Matani wrote:
>
> > i have a problem getting the result of Query in German format like date
> > (22.08.2003) or Double as (55,3)
> > is there any why to get Date inEnglish format ?
> >
>
> What version and build number of ASA are you using? (e.g. for ASA 9.x
> use the command "dbeng9 -v")
>
> Can you show us a code sample of what you are trying to do?
>
> greg.fenton
> --
> Greg Fenton
> Consultant, Solution Services, iAnywhere Solutions
> --------
> Visit the iAnywhere Solutions Developer Community
> Whitepapers, TechDocs, Downloads
> http://www.ianywhere.com/developer/


Greg Fenton Posted on 2004-04-22 14:28:12.0Z
From: Greg Fenton <greg.fenton_NOSPAM_@ianywhere.com>
Organization: iAnywhere Solutions Inc.
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.6) Gecko/20040113 MultiZilla/1.6.2.0c
X-Accept-Language: en-us, en
MIME-Version: 1.0
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.general
Subject: Re: the ODBC Translator , how to use?
References: <408663e4$1@forums-1-dub> <40867bc7$1@forums-1-dub> <40878610$1@forums-1-dub>
In-Reply-To: <40878610$1@forums-1-dub>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
NNTP-Posting-Host: gfenton-xp.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: gfenton-xp.sybase.com
Message-ID: <4087d67c@forums-1-dub>
Date: 22 Apr 2004 07:28:12 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1082644092 10.25.100.188 (22 Apr 2004 07:28:12 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 22 Apr 2004 07:28:12 -0700, gfenton-xp.sybase.com
Lines: 22
X-Authenticated-User: techsupp
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.general:2999
Article PK: 6465


Matani wrote:
> i am Using the Sybase SQL Anywhere 7.0.0
>
> "Greg Fenton" <greg.fenton_NOSPAM_@ianywhere.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>>
>>What version and build number of ASA are you using? (e.g. for ASA 9.x
>>use the command "dbeng9 -v")
>>
>>Can you show us a code sample of what you are trying to do?
>>

And the answer to the other question?

greg.fenton
--
Greg Fenton
Consultant, Solution Services, iAnywhere Solutions
--------
Visit the iAnywhere Solutions Developer Community
Whitepapers, TechDocs, Downloads
http://www.ianywhere.com/developer/