Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

RichText Edit

5 posts in Objects Last posting was on 2004-08-12 01:25:30.0Z
Eric Posted on 2004-05-14 22:01:25.0Z
Sender: 491a.40a53c1d.1804289383@sybase.com
From: Eric
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.objects
Subject: RichText Edit
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <40a541b2.4943.1681692777@sybase.com>
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.42
X-Original-Trace: 14 May 2004 15:01:22 -0700, 10.22.241.42
Lines: 13
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-2-dub.sybase.com
X-Original-Trace: 14 May 2004 15:01:24 -0700, forums-2-dub.sybase.com
NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
Date: 14 May 2004 15:01:25 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1084572085 10.22.108.75 (14 May 2004 15:01:25 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 14 May 2004 15:01:25 -0700, forums-master.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: ngsysop
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.objects:7896
Article PK: 735168

Hello There,

In Rich TextEdit control , is it possible to set the
textsize ,textfont without using the selecttext object
feature.
If not then where is this control gets the initial font,size
and etc. On my computer ,for instance, ,it shows initially
as times font. This font is not even a valid font. And in
order to change it , I need to highlight(select text) and
then set the font. But once there is no data, it goes back
to original (times) font. Is it possible to control it?

Thanks in advance


Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] Posted on 2004-05-15 00:02:52.0Z
From: "Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]" <NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.objects
Subject: Re: RichText Edit
Organization: TeamSybase
Reply-To: NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com
Message-ID: <3hnaa0lpj87r32n4gnni6a3el407kagg5q@4ax.com>
References: <40a541b2.4943.1681692777@sybase.com>
X-Newsreader: Forte Agent 2.0/32.646
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
NNTP-Posting-Host: 66-214-183-11.la-cbi.charterpipeline.net
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 66-214-183-11.la-cbi.charterpipeline.net
Date: 14 May 2004 17:02:52 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1084579372 66.214.183.11 (14 May 2004 17:02:52 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 14 May 2004 17:02:52 -0700, 66-214-183-11.la-cbi.charterpipeline.net
Lines: 35
X-Authenticated-User: TeamSybase
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.objects:7897
Article PK: 735169

http://www.teamsybase.com/bruce.armstrong/downloads/rte_font.zip

Please don't cross-post.

On 14 May 2004 15:01:25 -0700, Eric wrote:

>Hello There,
>
>In Rich TextEdit control , is it possible to set the
>textsize ,textfont without using the selecttext object
>feature.
>If not then where is this control gets the initial font,size
>and etc. On my computer ,for instance, ,it shows initially
>as times font. This font is not even a valid font. And in
>order to change it , I need to highlight(select text) and
>then set the font. But once there is no data, it goes back
>to original (times) font. Is it possible to control it?
>
>Thanks in advance

Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
http://www.teamsybase.com

Two new books on developing with PowerBuilder
http://www.pb9books.com?source=newsgroups

Need code sample? Check out CodeXchange:
http://www.codexchange.sybase.com

ISUG Enhancement Requests
http://www.isug.com/cgi-bin/ISUG2/submit_enhancement

Preach the gospel at all times. If necessary, use words. - Francis of Assisi
http://www.needhim.org


Eric Posted on 2004-05-17 14:32:14.0Z
Sender: 3be3.40a8cca8.1804289383@sybase.com
From: Eric
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.objects
Subject: Re: RichText Edit
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <40a8ccee.3be9.1681692777@sybase.com>
References: <3hnaa0lpj87r32n4gnni6a3el407kagg5q@4ax.com>
NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
Date: 17 May 2004 07:32:14 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1084804334 10.22.241.41 (17 May 2004 07:32:14 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 17 May 2004 07:32:14 -0700, 10.22.241.41
Lines: 39
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.objects:7899
Article PK: 735170

Bruce,

Thank you very much

>
http://www.teamsybase.com/bruce.armstrong/downloads/rte_font.zip
>
> Please don't cross-post.
>
> On 14 May 2004 15:01:25 -0700, Eric wrote:
>
> >Hello There,
> >
> >In Rich TextEdit control , is it possible to set the
> >textsize ,textfont without using the selecttext object
> >feature.
> >If not then where is this control gets the initial font
> ,size >and etc. On my computer ,for instance, ,it shows
> initially >as times font. This font is not even a valid
> font. And in >order to change it , I need to
> highlight(select text) and >then set the font. But once
> there is no data, it goes back >to original (times) font.
> Is it possible to control it? >
> >Thanks in advance
>
> Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
> http://www.teamsybase.com
>
> Two new books on developing with PowerBuilder
> http://www.pb9books.com?source=newsgroups
>
> Need code sample? Check out CodeXchange:
> http://www.codexchange.sybase.com
>
> ISUG Enhancement Requests
> http://www.isug.com/cgi-bin/ISUG2/submit_enhancement
>
> Preach the gospel at all times. If necessary, use words. -
> Francis of Assisi http://www.needhim.org


Terry L. Bradbury Posted on 2004-08-11 20:49:57.0Z
From: "Terry L. Bradbury" <Terry.L.Bradbury@Boeing.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.objects
References: <3hnaa0lpj87r32n4gnni6a3el407kagg5q@4ax.com> <40a8ccee.3be9.1681692777@sybase.com>
Subject: Re: RichText Edit
Lines: 55
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.2149
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.2149
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Original
NNTP-Posting-Host: blv-gate-02.boeing.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: blv-gate-02.boeing.com
Message-ID: <411a8675$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 11 Aug 2004 13:49:57 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1092257397 130.76.32.63 (11 Aug 2004 13:49:57 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 11 Aug 2004 13:49:57 -0700, blv-gate-02.boeing.com
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.objects:7988
Article PK: 735258

Hey Bruce,

I was looking at your sample RTE code for setting the default fonts, etc.,
and I was wondering where you got the information on the COLORLOGFONT
structure, etc. I do a lot of API work, and I could not find anything on
that structure in any of the header files included with VS6 or by searching
the MSDN libraries. Is there any reference info available?

Thanks,

Terry

<Eric> wrote in message news:40a8ccee.3be9.1681692777@sybase.com...
> Bruce,
>
> Thank you very much
>
>>
> http://www.teamsybase.com/bruce.armstrong/downloads/rte_font.zip
>>
>> Please don't cross-post.
>>
>> On 14 May 2004 15:01:25 -0700, Eric wrote:
>>
>> >Hello There,
>> >
>> >In Rich TextEdit control , is it possible to set the
>> >textsize ,textfont without using the selecttext object
>> >feature.
>> >If not then where is this control gets the initial font
>> ,size >and etc. On my computer ,for instance, ,it shows
>> initially >as times font. This font is not even a valid
>> font. And in >order to change it , I need to
>> highlight(select text) and >then set the font. But once
>> there is no data, it goes back >to original (times) font.
>> Is it possible to control it? >
>> >Thanks in advance
>>
>> Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
>> http://www.teamsybase.com
>>
>> Two new books on developing with PowerBuilder
>> http://www.pb9books.com?source=newsgroups
>>
>> Need code sample? Check out CodeXchange:
>> http://www.codexchange.sybase.com
>>
>> ISUG Enhancement Requests
>> http://www.isug.com/cgi-bin/ISUG2/submit_enhancement
>>
>> Preach the gospel at all times. If necessary, use words. -
>> Francis of Assisi http://www.needhim.org


Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] Posted on 2004-08-12 01:25:30.0Z
From: "Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]" <NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.objects
Subject: Re: RichText Edit
Organization: TeamSybase
Reply-To: NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com
Message-ID: <v5hlh0929ib32s64ovj5e6kpo8d9h05jec@4ax.com>
References: <3hnaa0lpj87r32n4gnni6a3el407kagg5q@4ax.com> <40a8ccee.3be9.1681692777@sybase.com> <411a8675$1@forums-1-dub>
X-Newsreader: Forte Agent 2.0/32.646
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
NNTP-Posting-Host: 68-190-226-38.la-cbi.charterpipeline.net
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 68-190-226-38.la-cbi.charterpipeline.net
Date: 11 Aug 2004 18:25:30 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1092273930 68.190.226.38 (11 Aug 2004 18:25:30 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 11 Aug 2004 18:25:30 -0700, 68-190-226-38.la-cbi.charterpipeline.net
Lines: 98
X-Authenticated-User: TeamSybase
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.objects:7989
Article PK: 735256

The control that PB is currently using is an OEM version of the old
(very old in fact) HighEdit control. I snagged a copy of their help
file sometime before they went totally under the waves. See below:

http://www.teamsybase.net/bruce.armstrong/downloads/highedit.zip

On 11 Aug 2004 13:49:57 -0700, "Terry L. Bradbury"

<Terry.L.Bradbury@Boeing.com> wrote:

>Hey Bruce,
>
>I was looking at your sample RTE code for setting the default fonts, etc.,
>and I was wondering where you got the information on the COLORLOGFONT
>structure, etc. I do a lot of API work, and I could not find anything on
>that structure in any of the header files included with VS6 or by searching
>the MSDN libraries. Is there any reference info available?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Terry
>
>
><Eric> wrote in message news:40a8ccee.3be9.1681692777@sybase.com...
>> Bruce,
>>
>> Thank you very much
>>
>>>
>> http://www.teamsybase.com/bruce.armstrong/downloads/rte_font.zip
>>>
>>> Please don't cross-post.
>>>
>>> On 14 May 2004 15:01:25 -0700, Eric wrote:
>>>
>>> >Hello There,
>>> >
>>> >In Rich TextEdit control , is it possible to set the
>>> >textsize ,textfont without using the selecttext object
>>> >feature.
>>> >If not then where is this control gets the initial font
>>> ,size >and etc. On my computer ,for instance, ,it shows
>>> initially >as times font. This font is not even a valid
>>> font. And in >order to change it , I need to
>>> highlight(select text) and >then set the font. But once
>>> there is no data, it goes back >to original (times) font.
>>> Is it possible to control it? >
>>> >Thanks in advance
>>>
>>> Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
>>> http://www.teamsybase.com
>>>
>>> Two new books on developing with PowerBuilder
>>> http://www.pb9books.com?source=newsgroups
>>>
>>> Need code sample? Check out CodeXchange:
>>> http://www.codexchange.sybase.com
>>>
>>> ISUG Enhancement Requests
>>> http://www.isug.com/cgi-bin/ISUG2/submit_enhancement
>>>
>>> Preach the gospel at all times. If necessary, use words. -
>>> Francis of Assisi http://www.needhim.org
>

Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
http://www.teamsybase.com

TeamSybase blogs:
http://www.teamsybase.net/blogs

Vote for PocketBuilder in the Mobile Village awards
http://www.mobilevillage.com/awards.htm

Two 3rd party books on developing with PowerBuilder
http://www.pb9books.com?source=newsgroups

Need code sample? Check out CodeXchange:
http://www.codexchange.sybase.com

Preach the gospel at all times. If necessary, use words. - Francis of Assisi
http://www.needhim.org

---------------------------------------------------------------------
DISCLAIMER:

This newsgroup message is only intended for the recipient. Given that it
is a posting to a public newsgroup, that means if you can read this
message then you are the recipient. This message may contain information
that is confidential and protected from disclosure. And then again,
it may not.

Given that TeamSybase members are not employees of Sybase, the contents
of this message do not necessarily represent the views or policies of
Sybase. Given that TeamSybase is a diverse group of users of Sybase
products, the contents of this message do not necessarily represent the
views of a significant number of the members of TeamSybase. Given that the
author has mutliple personalities and hears voices in his head, the contents
of this message do not necessarily represent his own views.