Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

EaServer

7 posts in Appeon (partner product) Last posting was on 2004-07-05 13:34:16.0Z
Alberto Gandarillas Posted on 2004-06-25 23:04:09.0Z
Sender: 68b6.40dc9dd5.1804289383@sybase.com
From: Alberto Gandarillas
Newsgroups: sybase.public.appeon
Subject: EaServer
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <40dcaf69.6968.1681692777@sybase.com>
NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
Date: 25 Jun 2004 16:04:09 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1088204649 10.22.241.41 (25 Jun 2004 16:04:09 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 25 Jun 2004 16:04:09 -0700, 10.22.241.41
Lines: 19
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.appeon:299
Article PK: 12472

Dear friends:

I am deploying an simple application 3-tier, but when i do
that i get the error code -1 when i execute the next
sentence:

//n_cst_simple_component is a metod from my application
n_cst_simple_component lnv_calc
lnv_conn = create connection
lnv_conn.driver = "Jaguar"
lnv_conn.application= "componente"
lnv_conn.location = "10.51.5.158:9989"
lnv_conn.CreateInstance()
ll_rtn = lnv_conn.CreateInstance(lnv_calc,
"n_cst_simple_component") // here, I get the code error - 1

I need your help to run my application

Thanks


Rex Geissler Posted on 2004-06-28 01:29:09.0Z
From: "Rex Geissler" <Rex.Geissler@sybase.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.appeon
References: <40dcaf69.6968.1681692777@sybase.com>
Subject: Re: EaServer
Lines: 29
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1106
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1106
NNTP-Posting-Host: vpn-dub-043.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vpn-dub-043.sybase.com
Message-ID: <40df7465@forums-1-dub>
Date: 27 Jun 2004 18:29:09 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1088386149 10.22.120.43 (27 Jun 2004 18:29:09 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 27 Jun 2004 18:29:09 -0700, vpn-dub-043.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: techsupp
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.appeon:302
Article PK: 12471

Did you create and execute your proxy object to create the proxies for the
component in the PowerBuilder client application?

Rex

<Alberto Gandarillas> wrote in message
news:40dcaf69.6968.1681692777@sybase.com...
> Dear friends:
>
> I am deploying an simple application 3-tier, but when i do
> that i get the error code -1 when i execute the next
> sentence:
>
> //n_cst_simple_component is a metod from my application
> n_cst_simple_component lnv_calc
> lnv_conn = create connection
> lnv_conn.driver = "Jaguar"
> lnv_conn.application= "componente"
> lnv_conn.location = "10.51.5.158:9989"
> lnv_conn.CreateInstance()
> ll_rtn = lnv_conn.CreateInstance(lnv_calc,
> "n_cst_simple_component") // here, I get the code error - 1
>
> I need your help to run my application
>
> Thanks


Alberto Gandarillas Posted on 2004-06-28 15:07:14.0Z
Sender: 1eb2.40e03314.846930886@sybase.com
From: Alberto Gandarillas
Newsgroups: sybase.public.appeon
Subject: Re: EaServer
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <40e034c0.1ede.1681692777@sybase.com>
References: <40df7465@forums-1-dub>
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.42
X-Original-Trace: 28 Jun 2004 08:09:52 -0700, 10.22.241.42
Lines: 34
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-2-dub.sybase.com
X-Original-Trace: 28 Jun 2004 08:02:49 -0700, forums-2-dub.sybase.com
NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
Date: 28 Jun 2004 08:07:14 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1088435234 10.22.108.75 (28 Jun 2004 08:07:14 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 28 Jun 2004 08:07:14 -0700, forums-master.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: ngsysop
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.appeon:303
Article PK: 12473

The Windows Applications is running fine, , the problem come
when i migrate to the appeon ... the proxy object exist

> Did you create and execute your proxy object to create the
> proxies for the component in the PowerBuilder client
> application?
>
> Rex
>
>
> <Alberto Gandarillas> wrote in message
> news:40dcaf69.6968.1681692777@sybase.com...
> > Dear friends:
> >
> > I am deploying an simple application 3-tier, but when i
> > do that i get the error code -1 when i execute the next
> > sentence:
> >
> > //n_cst_simple_component is a metod from my application
> > n_cst_simple_component lnv_calc
> > lnv_conn = create connection
> > lnv_conn.driver = "Jaguar"
> > lnv_conn.application= "componente"
> > lnv_conn.location = "10.51.5.158:9989"
> > lnv_conn.CreateInstance()
> > ll_rtn = lnv_conn.CreateInstance(lnv_calc,
> > "n_cst_simple_component") // here, I get the code error
> - 1 >
> > I need your help to run my application
> >
> > Thanks
>
>


Julie Jiang Posted on 2004-06-29 08:59:45.0Z
From: "Julie Jiang" <julie.jiang@appeon.net>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.appeon
References: <40df7465@forums-1-dub> <40e034c0.1ede.1681692777@sybase.com>
Subject: Re: EaServer
Lines: 170
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_000_03F4_01C45DF9.D4AEC580"
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1106
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1106
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 61.144.207.174
Message-ID: <40e13021@forums-2-dub>
X-Original-Trace: 29 Jun 2004 02:02:25 -0700, 61.144.207.174
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-2-dub.sybase.com
X-Original-Trace: 29 Jun 2004 01:55:15 -0700, forums-2-dub.sybase.com
NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
Date: 29 Jun 2004 01:59:45 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1088499585 10.22.108.75 (29 Jun 2004 01:59:45 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 29 Jun 2004 01:59:45 -0700, forums-master.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: ngsysop
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.appeon:305
Article PK: 20680

Hi Alberto,

In the script that you provided, we did not see the code for connecting to EAServer.  Please add it (as shown below):

 n_cst_simple_component lnv_calc
 lnv_conn = create connection
 lnv_conn.driver = "Jaguar"
 lnv_conn.application= "componente"
 lnv_conn.location = "10.51.5.158:9989"
 lnv_conn.connectotserver()     //added by Appeon  
 lnv_conn.CreateInstance()
 ll_rtn = lnv_conn.CreateInstance(lnv_calc, "n_cst_simple_component")

Besides, there are two points-to-be-noted while you deploy a 3-Tier application:
1) Generate stub and skeleton for the server component.  Make sure the following options are checked:
Generate Stubs.
Generate Java Stubs.
Generate Java Files.
Compile Java Stubs.
Generate Skeletons.
Compile Java Skeletons.
 
2) Use Appeon Developer Deployment Wizard to deploy the 3-Tier application and the application that contains the server components.  Make sure that the application that contains the server components is also deployed.  You may take the Appeon Code Examples demo as an example.  In the demo, both the appeon_code_example and appeon_code_examples_server applications are configured in Appeon Developer and deployed to the server. 

Regards,
Julie Jiang
Appeon Corporation



<Alberto Gandarillas> wrote in message news:40e034c0.1ede.1681692777@sybase.com...
> The Windows Applications is running fine, , the problem come
> when i migrate to the appeon ... the proxy object  exist
>
>
> > Did you create and execute your proxy object to create the
> > proxies for the component in the PowerBuilder client
> > application?
> >
> > Rex
> >
> >
> > <Alberto Gandarillas> wrote in message
> > news:40dcaf69.6968.1681692777@sybase.com...
> > > Dear friends:
> > >
> > > I am deploying an simple application 3-tier, but when i
> > > do that i get the error code -1 when i execute the next
> > > sentence:
> > >
> > > //n_cst_simple_component is a metod from my application
> > > n_cst_simple_component lnv_calc
> > > lnv_conn = create connection
> > > lnv_conn.driver = "Jaguar"
> > > lnv_conn.application= "componente"
> > > lnv_conn.location = "10.51.5.158:9989"
> > > lnv_conn.CreateInstance()
> > > ll_rtn = lnv_conn.CreateInstance(lnv_calc,
> > > "n_cst_simple_component")  // here, I get the code error
> > - 1 >
> > > I need your help to run my application
> > >
> > > Thanks
> >
> >


Alberto Gandarillas Posted on 2004-06-30 14:48:01.0Z
Sender: 4632.40e2d318.1804289383@sybase.com
From: Alberto Gandarillas
Newsgroups: sybase.public.appeon
Subject: Re: EaServer
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <40e2d347.4638.1681692777@sybase.com>
References: <40e13021@forums-2-dub>
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.42
X-Original-Trace: 30 Jun 2004 07:50:47 -0700, 10.22.241.42
Lines: 87
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-2-dub.sybase.com
X-Original-Trace: 30 Jun 2004 07:43:26 -0700, forums-2-dub.sybase.com
NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
Date: 30 Jun 2004 07:48:01 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1088606881 10.22.108.75 (30 Jun 2004 07:48:01 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 30 Jun 2004 07:48:01 -0700, forums-master.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: ngsysop
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.appeon:308
Article PK: 20684

Julie :
Julie :
I dont use Java components, only the standar component
of
PowerBuilder, the sample dont run, i deploy the
appeon_code_example and appeon_code_examples_server , but
that dont run, please i need your help

Thanks

> Hi Alberto,
>
> In the script that you provided, we did not see the code
> for connecting to EAServer. Please add it (as shown
> below):
>
> n_cst_simple_component lnv_calc
> lnv_conn = create connection
> lnv_conn.driver = "Jaguar"
> lnv_conn.application= "componente"
> lnv_conn.location = "10.51.5.158:9989"
> lnv_conn.connectotserver() //added by Appeon
> lnv_conn.CreateInstance()
> ll_rtn = lnv_conn.CreateInstance(lnv_calc,
> "n_cst_simple_component")
>
> Besides, there are two points-to-be-noted while you deploy
> a 3-Tier application: 1) Generate stub and skeleton for
> the server component. Make sure the following options are
> checked: Generate Stubs.
> Generate Java Stubs.
> Generate Java Files.
> Compile Java Stubs.
> Generate Skeletons.
> Compile Java Skeletons.
>
> 2) Use Appeon Developer Deployment Wizard to deploy the
> 3-Tier application and the application that contains the
> server components. Make sure that the application that
> contains the server components is also deployed. You may
> take the Appeon Code Examples demo as an example. In the
> demo, both the appeon_code_example and
> appeon_code_examples_server applications are configured in
> Appeon Developer and deployed to the server.
>
> Regards,
> Julie Jiang
> Appeon Corporation
>
>
>
> <Alberto Gandarillas> wrote in message
> > news:40e034c0.1ede.1681692777@sybase.com... The Windows
> > Applications is running fine, , the problem come when i
> > migrate to the appeon ... the proxy object exist
> >
> > > Did you create and execute your proxy object to create
> > > the proxies for the component in the PowerBuilder
> > > client application?
> > >
> > > Rex
> > >
> > >
> > > <Alberto Gandarillas> wrote in message
> > > news:40dcaf69.6968.1681692777@sybase.com...
> > > > Dear friends:
> > > >
> > > > I am deploying an simple application 3-tier, but
> > > > when i do that i get the error code -1 when i
> > > > execute the next sentence:
> > > >
> > > > //n_cst_simple_component is a metod from my
> > > > application n_cst_simple_component lnv_calc
> > > > lnv_conn = create connection
> > > > lnv_conn.driver = "Jaguar"
> > > > lnv_conn.application= "componente"
> > > > lnv_conn.location = "10.51.5.158:9989"
> > > > lnv_conn.CreateInstance()
> > > > ll_rtn = lnv_conn.CreateInstance(lnv_calc,
> > > > "n_cst_simple_component") // here, I get the code
> > > error - 1 >
> > > > I need your help to run my application
> > > >
> > > > Thanks
> > >
> > >


Julie Jiang Posted on 2004-07-05 13:34:16.0Z
From: "Julie Jiang" <julie.jiang@appeon.net>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.appeon
Organization: 61.144.207.174
References: <40e13021@forums-2-dub> <40e2d347.4638.1681692777@sybase.com>
X-Newsreader: AspNNTP 1.50 (Takeshi Eto)
Subject: Re: EaServer
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
NNTP-Posting-Host: web110.discountasp.net
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: web110.discountasp.net
Message-ID: <40e958d8$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 5 Jul 2004 06:34:16 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1089034456 64.79.161.40 (5 Jul 2004 06:34:16 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 5 Jul 2004 06:34:16 -0700, web110.discountasp.net
Lines: 104
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.appeon:311
Article PK: 20682

Hi Alberto,

It should be caused by configuration issue, since you also have problem while
running the appeon_code_example demo. Please provide the following information
for Appeon engineer to troubleshoot it:
1) The error screenshot while you run the Appeon Code Examples
2) The environment information (Operation System, Internet Explorer and EAServer
version information)
3) The log files: %JAGUAR%\bin\*.log and %JAGUAR%\bin\appeon\*.log

Thanks,
Julie Jiang
Appeon Corporation

On 30 Jun 2004 07:48:01 -0700,
in sybase.public.appeon

<Alberto Gandarillas> wrote:
>Julie :
>Julie :
> I dont use Java components, only the standar component
>of
>PowerBuilder, the sample dont run, i deploy the
>appeon_code_example and appeon_code_examples_server , but
>that dont run, please i need your help
>
>Thanks
>
>
>> Hi Alberto,
>>
>> In the script that you provided, we did not see the code
>> for connecting to EAServer. Please add it (as shown
>> below):
>>
>> n_cst_simple_component lnv_calc
>> lnv_conn = create connection
>> lnv_conn.driver = "Jaguar"
>> lnv_conn.application= "componente"
>> lnv_conn.location = "10.51.5.158:9989"
>> lnv_conn.connectotserver() //added by Appeon
>> lnv_conn.CreateInstance()
>> ll_rtn = lnv_conn.CreateInstance(lnv_calc,
>> "n_cst_simple_component")
>>
>> Besides, there are two points-to-be-noted while you deploy
>> a 3-Tier application: 1) Generate stub and skeleton for
>> the server component. Make sure the following options are
>> checked: Generate Stubs.
>> Generate Java Stubs.
>> Generate Java Files.
>> Compile Java Stubs.
>> Generate Skeletons.
>> Compile Java Skeletons.
>>
>> 2) Use Appeon Developer Deployment Wizard to deploy the
>> 3-Tier application and the application that contains the
>> server components. Make sure that the application that
>> contains the server components is also deployed. You may
>> take the Appeon Code Examples demo as an example. In the
>> demo, both the appeon_code_example and
>> appeon_code_examples_server applications are configured in
>> Appeon Developer and deployed to the server.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Julie Jiang
>> Appeon Corporation
>>
>>
>>
>> <Alberto Gandarillas> wrote in message
>> > news:40e034c0.1ede.1681692777@sybase.com... The Windows
>> > Applications is running fine, , the problem come when i
>> > migrate to the appeon ... the proxy object exist
>> >
>> > > Did you create and execute your proxy object to create
>> > > the proxies for the component in the PowerBuilder
>> > > client application?
>> > >
>> > > Rex
>> > >
>> > >
>> > > <Alberto Gandarillas> wrote in message
>> > > news:40dcaf69.6968.1681692777@sybase.com...
>> > > > Dear friends:
>> > > >
>> > > > I am deploying an simple application 3-tier, but
>> > > > when i do that i get the error code -1 when i
>> > > > execute the next sentence:
>> > > >
>> > > > //n_cst_simple_component is a metod from my
>> > > > application n_cst_simple_component lnv_calc
>> > > > lnv_conn = create connection
>> > > > lnv_conn.driver = "Jaguar"
>> > > > lnv_conn.application= "componente"
>> > > > lnv_conn.location = "10.51.5.158:9989"
>> > > > lnv_conn.CreateInstance()
>> > > > ll_rtn = lnv_conn.CreateInstance(lnv_calc,
>> > > > "n_cst_simple_component") // here, I get the code
>> > > error - 1 >
>> > > > I need your help to run my application
>> > > >
>> > > > Thanks
>> > >
>> > >


Alberto Gandarillas Posted on 2004-06-30 14:41:54.0Z
Sender: 45dd.40e2d0c5.1804289383@sybase.com
From: Alberto Gandarillas
Newsgroups: sybase.public.appeon
Subject: Re: EaServer
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <40e2d1d8.4609.1681692777@sybase.com>
References: <40dcaf69.6968.1681692777@sybase.com>
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.42
X-Original-Trace: 30 Jun 2004 07:44:40 -0700, 10.22.241.42
Lines: 29
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-2-dub.sybase.com
X-Original-Trace: 30 Jun 2004 07:37:19 -0700, forums-2-dub.sybase.com
NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
Date: 30 Jun 2004 07:41:54 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1088606514 10.22.108.75 (30 Jun 2004 07:41:54 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 30 Jun 2004 07:41:54 -0700, forums-master.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: ngsysop
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.appeon:307
Article PK: 20685

Julie :
I dont use Java components, only the standar component of
PowerBuilder, the sample dont run, i deploy the
appeon_code_example and appeon_code_examples_server , but
that dont run, please i need your help

Thanks

> Dear friends:
>
> I am deploying an simple application 3-tier, but when i do
> that i get the error code -1 when i execute the next
> sentence:
>
> //n_cst_simple_component is a metod from my application
> n_cst_simple_component lnv_calc
> lnv_conn = create connection
> lnv_conn.driver = "Jaguar"
> lnv_conn.application= "componente"
> lnv_conn.location = "10.51.5.158:9989"
> lnv_conn.CreateInstance()
> ll_rtn = lnv_conn.CreateInstance(lnv_calc,
> "n_cst_simple_component") // here, I get the code error -
> 1
>
> I need your help to run my application
>
> Thanks