Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

AppeonDatawindow

5 posts in Appeon (partner product) Last posting was on 2004-07-15 15:59:30.0Z
Julio Perez Posted on 2004-07-14 20:55:40.0Z
Sender: 3d0b.40f5526c.1804289383@sybase.com
From: Julio Perez
Newsgroups: sybase.public.appeon
Subject: AppeonDatawindow
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <40f59dcc.43fb.1681692777@sybase.com>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="-=_forums-1-dub40f59dcc"
NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
Date: 14 Jul 2004 13:55:40 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1089838540 10.22.241.41 (14 Jul 2004 13:55:40 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 14 Jul 2004 13:55:40 -0700, 10.22.241.41
Lines: 3363
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.appeon:326
Article PK: 12483

When i want to put the appeondatawindow on my window i get
the error that show in the figure, what can i do??

Dibujo.JPG

Julio Perez Posted on 2004-07-14 21:11:02.0Z
Sender: 1204.40f5a1fc.1804289383@sybase.com
From: Julio Perez
Newsgroups: sybase.public.appeon
Subject: Re: AppeonDatawindow
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <40f5a23e.1217.1681692777@sybase.com>
References: <40f59dcc.43fb.1681692777@sybase.com>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="-=_forums-2-dub40f5a23e"
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.42
X-Original-Trace: 14 Jul 2004 14:14:38 -0700, 10.22.241.42
Lines: 3371
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-2-dub.sybase.com
X-Original-Trace: 14 Jul 2004 14:05:02 -0700, forums-2-dub.sybase.com
NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
Date: 14 Jul 2004 14:11:02 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1089839462 10.22.108.75 (14 Jul 2004 14:11:02 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 14 Jul 2004 14:11:02 -0700, forums-master.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: ngsysop
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.appeon:327
Article PK: 20695

The previus message is in the figure that I attach

Thanks

> When i want to put the appeondatawindow on my window i get
> the error that show in the figure, what can i do??
>
>
> [Attachment: Dibujo.JPG]

Dibujo.JPG

Rex Geissler Posted on 2004-07-15 13:23:37.0Z
From: "Rex Geissler" <Rex.Geissler@sybase.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.appeon
References: <40f59dcc.43fb.1681692777@sybase.com> <40f5a23e.1217.1681692777@sybase.com>
Subject: Re: AppeonDatawindow
Lines: 75
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1106
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1106
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vpn-dub-023.sybase.com
Message-ID: <40f68633$1@forums-2-dub>
X-Original-Trace: 15 Jul 2004 06:27:15 -0700, vpn-dub-023.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-2-dub.sybase.com
X-Original-Trace: 15 Jul 2004 06:17:32 -0700, forums-2-dub.sybase.com
NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
Date: 15 Jul 2004 06:23:37 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1089897817 10.22.108.75 (15 Jul 2004 06:23:37 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 15 Jul 2004 06:23:37 -0700, forums-master.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: ngsysop
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.appeon:329
Article PK: 12487

Hi Julio,

Please verify the following from the Appeon Migration Guide:

When coding distributed DataWindow/DataStores for Appeon Web migration,
always use the
descendants of appeondatawindow and appeondatastore, and the overriding
GetFullState,
SetFullState, GetChanges and SetChanges functions that take the String data
type as the
parameter.

You must not edit the appeondatawindow root object; this object can only be
modified from the
window painter when you have associated it with a DataWindow control in a
window.
To work around the distributed DataWindow technique, please perform the
following steps:
STEP 1 - Add the appeon_workarounds_js.pbl file to the Library Search Path
of the target
PowerBuilder application to be migrated by Appeon.
The appeon_workarounds_js.pbl Library contains Appeon-coded objects
specifically designed to
work around some unsupported features. You can find the
appeon_workarounds_js.pbl file in
the JS folder from the \Appeon\Developer\appeon_workarounds\JS directory.
STEP 2 - Copy the two files: EonJSNVO.dll and EonEmfPic.dll to the same
directory that holds
the PBL containing the Application object of the target PowerBuilder
application to be
converted.
Same as STEP 1, you should add the EonJSNVO.dll and EonEmfPic.dll in the JS
folder under the
\Appeon\Developer\appeon_workarounds directory, depending on the deployment
method you
selected.
STEP 3 - Search in the target PowerBuilder application for the DataWindow
controls that use
GetFullState, SetFullState, GetChanges or SetChanges. Change the
declarations of these
DataWindows to make them inherit from appeondatawindow user object, and
change the
variables serving as the parameters of those functions from BLOB to String
data type.
Change the declaration of dw_1 DataWindow quickly by editing the source code
of the w_main
Window.
Right-click on w_main in the System Tree and choose Edit Source from the
context menu. The
Source Editor window opens and displays the source code of the w_main
Window, as shown in
Figure 9-2.:

Replace "type dw_1 from datawindow within w_main" with "type dw_1 from
appeondatawindow within w_main".
Save the source code and close the Source Editor window for the w_main
Window object.

Regards, Rex

<Julio Perez> wrote in message news:40f5a23e.1217.1681692777@sybase.com...
> The previus message is in the figure that I attach
>
> Thanks
>
>
> > When i want to put the appeondatawindow on my window i get
> > the error that show in the figure, what can i do??
> >
> >
> > [Attachment: Dibujo.JPG]
>


Julio Perez Posted on 2004-07-15 15:46:07.0Z
Sender: 5386.40f6a598.1804289383@sybase.com
From: Julio Perez
Newsgroups: sybase.public.appeon
Subject: Re: AppeonDatawindow
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <40f6a6bf.539f.1681692777@sybase.com>
References: <40f68633$1@forums-2-dub>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="-=_forums-1-dub40f6a6bf"
NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
Date: 15 Jul 2004 08:46:07 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1089906367 10.22.241.41 (15 Jul 2004 08:46:07 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 15 Jul 2004 08:46:07 -0700, 10.22.241.41
Lines: 4577
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.appeon:330
Article PK: 20694

Rex:
I did that step that you tell me but after that i change
all the datawindows definition by the appeondatawindow i get
the error that i sent you , i send you my code . when i
execute Full build i get the next error
"appeon_workarounds.pbl(appeondatawindow).appeondatawindow.of_getstatusinfo.38:
Error C0051: Unknown function name: of_statustocode
appeon_workarounds.pbl(appeondatawindow).appeondatawindow.of_getstatusinfo.49:
Error C0051: Unknown function name: of_statustocode
appeon_workarounds.pbl(appeondatastore).appeondatastore.of_getstatusinfo.38:
Error C0051: Unknown function name: of_statustocode
appeon_workarounds.pbl(appeondatastore).appeondatastore.of_getstatusinfo.49:
Error C0051: Unknown function name: of_statustocode"

> Hi Julio,
>
> Please verify the following from the Appeon Migration
> Guide:
>
> When coding distributed DataWindow/DataStores for Appeon
> Web migration, always use the
> descendants of appeondatawindow and appeondatastore, and
> the overriding GetFullState,
> SetFullState, GetChanges and SetChanges functions that
> take the String data type as the
> parameter.
>
> You must not edit the appeondatawindow root object; this
> object can only be modified from the
> window painter when you have associated it with a
> DataWindow control in a window.
> To work around the distributed DataWindow technique,
> please perform the following steps:
> STEP 1 - Add the appeon_workarounds_js.pbl file to the
> Library Search Path of the target
> PowerBuilder application to be migrated by Appeon.
> The appeon_workarounds_js.pbl Library contains
> Appeon-coded objects specifically designed to
> work around some unsupported features. You can find the
> appeon_workarounds_js.pbl file in
> the JS folder from the
> \Appeon\Developer\appeon_workarounds\JS directory. STEP 2
> - Copy the two files: EonJSNVO.dll and EonEmfPic.dll to
> the same directory that holds
> the PBL containing the Application object of the target
> PowerBuilder application to be
> converted.
> Same as STEP 1, you should add the EonJSNVO.dll and
> EonEmfPic.dll in the JS folder under the
> \Appeon\Developer\appeon_workarounds directory, depending
> on the deployment method you
> selected.
> STEP 3 - Search in the target PowerBuilder application for
> the DataWindow controls that use
> GetFullState, SetFullState, GetChanges or SetChanges.
> Change the declarations of these
> DataWindows to make them inherit from appeondatawindow
> user object, and change the
> variables serving as the parameters of those functions
> from BLOB to String data type.
> Change the declaration of dw_1 DataWindow quickly by
> editing the source code of the w_main
> Window.
> Right-click on w_main in the System Tree and choose Edit
> Source from the context menu. The
> Source Editor window opens and displays the source code of
> the w_main Window, as shown in
> Figure 9-2.:
>
> Replace "type dw_1 from datawindow within w_main" with
> "type dw_1 from appeondatawindow within w_main".
> Save the source code and close the Source Editor window
> for the w_main Window object.
>
> Regards, Rex
>
>
> <Julio Perez> wrote in message
> > news:40f5a23e.1217.1681692777@sybase.com... The previus
> message is in the figure that I attach >
> > Thanks
> >
> >
> > > When i want to put the appeondatawindow on my window i
> > > get the error that show in the figure, what can i do??
> > >
> > >
> > > [Attachment: Dibujo.JPG]
> >
>
>