Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

Common Install could not find Visual Studio Net 2003

6 posts in DataWindow .NET Last posting was on 2004-10-07 14:38:38.0Z
Rao Hanumara Posted on 2004-08-26 17:43:24.0Z
From: "Rao Hanumara" <rhanumar@wam.umd.edu>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.datawindow.net
Subject: Common Install could not find Visual Studio Net 2003
Lines: 10
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1437
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1441
NNTP-Posting-Host: urumcp.umd.edu
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: urumcp.umd.edu
Message-ID: <412e213c@forums-1-dub>
Date: 26 Aug 2004 10:43:24 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1093542204 128.8.45.101 (26 Aug 2004 10:43:24 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 26 Aug 2004 10:43:24 -0700, urumcp.umd.edu
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.datawindow.net:214
Article PK: 124645

I could not install DataWindow .Net from downloaded evaluation copy. The
first part went fine as it isntalled ASA 9.X, then I got an error message
stating that Visual Studio 2003 is not found. Then I started VS2003 and
minimized and tried to reinstall DataWindow .Net, but I received same
message. When I clicked an icon in the package OLE driver automatically
brought up VS2003.
Any Clue?
Rao/..


Jim O'Neil [Sybase] Posted on 2004-08-26 18:20:51.0Z
From: "Jim O'Neil [Sybase]" <joneil_at_sybase_dot_com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.datawindow.net
Subject: Re: Common Install could not find Visual Studio Net 2003
Message-ID: <lo9si01kd0q3u0uh52msv1v8md3r812j4d@4ax.com>
References: <412e213c@forums-1-dub>
X-Newsreader: Forte Agent 2.0/32.652
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
NNTP-Posting-Host: joneilw2k.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: joneilw2k.sybase.com
Date: 26 Aug 2004 11:20:51 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1093544451 10.18.63.187 (26 Aug 2004 11:20:51 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 26 Aug 2004 11:20:51 -0700, joneilw2k.sybase.com
Lines: 27
X-Authenticated-User: teamsybase
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.datawindow.net:215
Article PK: 124647

My guess is that there is some registry key that the install is
looking for to confirm installation of VS.NET that is not being found
on your machine.

One option to troubleshoot is to use the Registry Monitor utility from
www.sysinternals.com. It will probably generate a lot of output, but
you can see where it's looking to determine where/if VS.NET is
installed.

Even if VS.NET is not installed (or the installer thinks it's not) you
can proceed with DW.NET installation. After installing, you can run
dwregtoolbox.exe to register the components in the VS .NET toolbox -
that's the only reason it's looking for VS .NET to begin with.

On 26 Aug 2004 10:43:24 -0700, "Rao Hanumara" <rhanumar@wam.umd.edu>

wrote:

>I could not install DataWindow .Net from downloaded evaluation copy. The
>first part went fine as it isntalled ASA 9.X, then I got an error message
>stating that Visual Studio 2003 is not found. Then I started VS2003 and
>minimized and tried to reinstall DataWindow .Net, but I received same
>message. When I clicked an icon in the package OLE driver automatically
>brought up VS2003.
>Any Clue?
>Rao/..
>


Peter Stojkovic Posted on 2004-08-27 10:12:32.0Z
From: "Peter Stojkovic" <Peter.Stojkovic@gmx.net>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.datawindow.net
References: <412e213c@forums-1-dub> <lo9si01kd0q3u0uh52msv1v8md3r812j4d@4ax.com>
Subject: Re: Common Install could not find Visual Studio Net 2003
Lines: 39
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.2180
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.2180
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Original
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 195.126.202.3
Message-ID: <412f0a85$1@forums-2-dub>
X-Original-Trace: 27 Aug 2004 03:18:45 -0700, 195.126.202.3
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-2-dub.sybase.com
X-Original-Trace: 27 Aug 2004 03:02:17 -0700, forums-2-dub.sybase.com
NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
Date: 27 Aug 2004 03:12:32 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1093601552 10.22.108.75 (27 Aug 2004 03:12:32 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 27 Aug 2004 03:12:32 -0700, forums-master.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: ngsysop
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.datawindow.net:217
Article PK: 124646

I have installed VS.NET 2003 on Drive F:
And i have had the same problem.

I think that may be a problem if it is not installed on drive C:

Peter

"Jim O'Neil [Sybase]" <joneil_at_sybase_dot_com> wrote in message
news:lo9si01kd0q3u0uh52msv1v8md3r812j4d@4ax.com...
> My guess is that there is some registry key that the install is
> looking for to confirm installation of VS.NET that is not being found
> on your machine.
>
> One option to troubleshoot is to use the Registry Monitor utility from
> www.sysinternals.com. It will probably generate a lot of output, but
> you can see where it's looking to determine where/if VS.NET is
> installed.
>
> Even if VS.NET is not installed (or the installer thinks it's not) you
> can proceed with DW.NET installation. After installing, you can run
> dwregtoolbox.exe to register the components in the VS .NET toolbox -
> that's the only reason it's looking for VS .NET to begin with.
>
> On 26 Aug 2004 10:43:24 -0700, "Rao Hanumara" <rhanumar@wam.umd.edu>
> wrote:
>
>>I could not install DataWindow .Net from downloaded evaluation copy. The
>>first part went fine as it isntalled ASA 9.X, then I got an error message
>>stating that Visual Studio 2003 is not found. Then I started VS2003 and
>>minimized and tried to reinstall DataWindow .Net, but I received same
>>message. When I clicked an icon in the package OLE driver automatically
>>brought up VS2003.
>>Any Clue?
>>Rao/..
>>
>


Rao Hanumara Posted on 2004-08-27 14:41:21.0Z
From: "Rao Hanumara" <rhanumar@wam.umd.edu>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.datawindow.net
References: <412e213c@forums-1-dub> <lo9si01kd0q3u0uh52msv1v8md3r812j4d@4ax.com> <412f0a85$1@forums-2-dub>
Subject: Re: Common Install could not find Visual Studio Net 2003
Lines: 53
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1437
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1441
NNTP-Posting-Host: urumcp.umd.edu
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: urumcp.umd.edu
Message-ID: <412f4811$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 27 Aug 2004 07:41:21 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1093617681 128.8.45.101 (27 Aug 2004 07:41:21 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 27 Aug 2004 07:41:21 -0700, urumcp.umd.edu
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.datawindow.net:218
Article PK: 124649

I do not think so. I installed on default drive and directory ie.
C:\Program Files\Sybase\ , I will give a try what Jim suggested. By the
way, I have not received my automatic update of PB10 yet. When I called
Sybase, they said they did mail in last week which includes a CD for
Datawindow .Net. though I do not see much diffrence (logically) between
downloaded verstion and Cd. It installed .msi files for Datawindow .net and
Desiner but I do not have the link for VS studio.
Rao/..

"Peter Stojkovic" <Peter.Stojkovic@gmx.net> wrote in message
news:412f0a85$1@forums-2-dub...
> I have installed VS.NET 2003 on Drive F:
> And i have had the same problem.
>
> I think that may be a problem if it is not installed on drive C:
>
> Peter
>
>
> "Jim O'Neil [Sybase]" <joneil_at_sybase_dot_com> wrote in message
> news:lo9si01kd0q3u0uh52msv1v8md3r812j4d@4ax.com...
> > My guess is that there is some registry key that the install is
> > looking for to confirm installation of VS.NET that is not being found
> > on your machine.
> >
> > One option to troubleshoot is to use the Registry Monitor utility from
> > www.sysinternals.com. It will probably generate a lot of output, but
> > you can see where it's looking to determine where/if VS.NET is
> > installed.
> >
> > Even if VS.NET is not installed (or the installer thinks it's not) you
> > can proceed with DW.NET installation. After installing, you can run
> > dwregtoolbox.exe to register the components in the VS .NET toolbox -
> > that's the only reason it's looking for VS .NET to begin with.
> >
> > On 26 Aug 2004 10:43:24 -0700, "Rao Hanumara" <rhanumar@wam.umd.edu>
> > wrote:
> >
> >>I could not install DataWindow .Net from downloaded evaluation copy.
The
> >>first part went fine as it isntalled ASA 9.X, then I got an error
message
> >>stating that Visual Studio 2003 is not found. Then I started VS2003 and
> >>minimized and tried to reinstall DataWindow .Net, but I received same
> >>message. When I clicked an icon in the package OLE driver automatically
> >>brought up VS2003.
> >>Any Clue?
> >>Rao/..
> >>
> >
>
>


TPS Posted on 2004-09-03 18:58:00.0Z
From: "TPS" <ts@scientexlc.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.datawindow.net
References: <412e213c@forums-1-dub> <lo9si01kd0q3u0uh52msv1v8md3r812j4d@4ax.com> <412f0a85$1@forums-2-dub> <412f4811$1@forums-1-dub>
Subject: Re: Common Install could not find Visual Studio Net 2003
Lines: 65
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.2180
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.2180
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Original
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: cpe-66-1-179-205.ut.sprintbbd.net
Message-ID: <4138c046@forums-2-dub>
X-Original-Trace: 3 Sep 2004 12:04:38 -0700, cpe-66-1-179-205.ut.sprintbbd.net
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-2-dub.sybase.com
X-Original-Trace: 3 Sep 2004 11:47:01 -0700, forums-2-dub.sybase.com
NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
Date: 3 Sep 2004 11:58:00 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1094237880 10.22.108.75 (3 Sep 2004 11:58:00 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 3 Sep 2004 11:58:00 -0700, forums-master.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: ngsysop
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.datawindow.net:306
Article PK: 124736

I got the same error when installing. However, when I went into VS7 the
datawindow is in the toolbox.

TPS

"Rao Hanumara" <rhanumar@wam.umd.edu> wrote in message
news:412f4811$1@forums-1-dub...
>I do not think so. I installed on default drive and directory ie.
> C:\Program Files\Sybase\ , I will give a try what Jim suggested. By the
> way, I have not received my automatic update of PB10 yet. When I called
> Sybase, they said they did mail in last week which includes a CD for
> Datawindow .Net. though I do not see much diffrence (logically) between
> downloaded verstion and Cd. It installed .msi files for Datawindow .net
> and
> Desiner but I do not have the link for VS studio.
> Rao/..
> "Peter Stojkovic" <Peter.Stojkovic@gmx.net> wrote in message
> news:412f0a85$1@forums-2-dub...
>> I have installed VS.NET 2003 on Drive F:
>> And i have had the same problem.
>>
>> I think that may be a problem if it is not installed on drive C:
>>
>> Peter
>>
>>
>> "Jim O'Neil [Sybase]" <joneil_at_sybase_dot_com> wrote in message
>> news:lo9si01kd0q3u0uh52msv1v8md3r812j4d@4ax.com...
>> > My guess is that there is some registry key that the install is
>> > looking for to confirm installation of VS.NET that is not being found
>> > on your machine.
>> >
>> > One option to troubleshoot is to use the Registry Monitor utility from
>> > www.sysinternals.com. It will probably generate a lot of output, but
>> > you can see where it's looking to determine where/if VS.NET is
>> > installed.
>> >
>> > Even if VS.NET is not installed (or the installer thinks it's not) you
>> > can proceed with DW.NET installation. After installing, you can run
>> > dwregtoolbox.exe to register the components in the VS .NET toolbox -
>> > that's the only reason it's looking for VS .NET to begin with.
>> >
>> > On 26 Aug 2004 10:43:24 -0700, "Rao Hanumara" <rhanumar@wam.umd.edu>
>> > wrote:
>> >
>> >>I could not install DataWindow .Net from downloaded evaluation copy.
> The
>> >>first part went fine as it isntalled ASA 9.X, then I got an error
> message
>> >>stating that Visual Studio 2003 is not found. Then I started VS2003
>> >>and
>> >>minimized and tried to reinstall DataWindow .Net, but I received same
>> >>message. When I clicked an icon in the package OLE driver
>> >>automatically
>> >>brought up VS2003.
>> >>Any Clue?
>> >>Rao/..
>> >>
>> >
>>
>>
>
>


Jonathan de Siqueira Posted on 2004-10-07 14:38:38.0Z
From: "Jonathan de Siqueira" <jonathan@staffinformatica.com.br>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.datawindow.net
References: <412e213c@forums-1-dub> <lo9si01kd0q3u0uh52msv1v8md3r812j4d@4ax.com> <412f0a85$1@forums-2-dub> <412f4811$1@forums-1-dub> <4138c046@forums-2-dub>
Subject: Re: Common Install could not find Visual Studio Net 2003
Lines: 88
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.2180
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.2180
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Response
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 200-102-053-027.jvece7003.e.brasiltelecom.net.br
Message-ID: <416554eb$1@forums-2-dub>
X-Original-Trace: 7 Oct 2004 07:38:35 -0700, 200-102-053-027.jvece7003.e.brasiltelecom.net.br
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-2-dub.sybase.com
X-Original-Trace: 7 Oct 2004 07:38:36 -0700, forums-2-dub.sybase.com
NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
Date: 7 Oct 2004 07:38:38 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1097159918 10.22.108.75 (7 Oct 2004 07:38:38 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 7 Oct 2004 07:38:38 -0700, forums-master.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: ngsysop
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.datawindow.net:505
Article PK: 124933

I have same error

Execute REGMON downloaded in www.sysinternals.com and disableall process
running in my machine

And cannot identify what is the key wich had problem....

My VS was installed in C:\Arquivos de programas\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
2003

Somebody help me...
Thanks


"TPS" <ts@scientexlc.com> escreveu na mensagem news:4138c046@forums-2-dub...

>I got the same error when installing. However, when I went into VS7 the
>datawindow is in the toolbox.
>
> TPS
>
> "Rao Hanumara" <rhanumar@wam.umd.edu> wrote in message
> news:412f4811$1@forums-1-dub...
>>I do not think so. I installed on default drive and directory ie.
>> C:\Program Files\Sybase\ , I will give a try what Jim suggested. By the
>> way, I have not received my automatic update of PB10 yet. When I called
>> Sybase, they said they did mail in last week which includes a CD for
>> Datawindow .Net. though I do not see much diffrence (logically) between
>> downloaded verstion and Cd. It installed .msi files for Datawindow .net
>> and
>> Desiner but I do not have the link for VS studio.
>> Rao/..
>> "Peter Stojkovic" <Peter.Stojkovic@gmx.net> wrote in message
>> news:412f0a85$1@forums-2-dub...
>>> I have installed VS.NET 2003 on Drive F:
>>> And i have had the same problem.
>>>
>>> I think that may be a problem if it is not installed on drive C:
>>>
>>> Peter
>>>
>>>
>>> "Jim O'Neil [Sybase]" <joneil_at_sybase_dot_com> wrote in message
>>> news:lo9si01kd0q3u0uh52msv1v8md3r812j4d@4ax.com...
>>> > My guess is that there is some registry key that the install is
>>> > looking for to confirm installation of VS.NET that is not being found
>>> > on your machine.
>>> >
>>> > One option to troubleshoot is to use the Registry Monitor utility from
>>> > www.sysinternals.com. It will probably generate a lot of output, but
>>> > you can see where it's looking to determine where/if VS.NET is
>>> > installed.
>>> >
>>> > Even if VS.NET is not installed (or the installer thinks it's not) you
>>> > can proceed with DW.NET installation. After installing, you can run
>>> > dwregtoolbox.exe to register the components in the VS .NET toolbox -
>>> > that's the only reason it's looking for VS .NET to begin with.
>>> >
>>> > On 26 Aug 2004 10:43:24 -0700, "Rao Hanumara" <rhanumar@wam.umd.edu>
>>> > wrote:
>>> >
>>> >>I could not install DataWindow .Net from downloaded evaluation copy.
>> The
>>> >>first part went fine as it isntalled ASA 9.X, then I got an error
>> message
>>> >>stating that Visual Studio 2003 is not found. Then I started VS2003
>>> >>and
>>> >>minimized and tried to reinstall DataWindow .Net, but I received same
>>> >>message. When I clicked an icon in the package OLE driver
>>> >>automatically
>>> >>brought up VS2003.
>>> >>Any Clue?
>>> >>Rao/..
>>> >>
>>> >
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>
>

---

Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
Version: 6.0.773 / Virus Database: 520 - Release Date: 5/10/2004